New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

Taking out a Lumlum Juice, Aidan quickly injects himself with the medicine to purge himself of the poison, before saying, "Yeah, let's get back to town... we can meet with the others and see how they fared."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna pulls out a needle filled with some chemical, and injects Claw. Claw struggles but she holds her firm until the medicine has done it's work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use full heal.

Editted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna is still poisoned and can't heal herself.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-10-08 at 11:15 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vladmir bends down and picks up his formerly thrown pokeball. "How is everyone? I have both Lum-Lum juice and Antidotes, if they are needed."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods at the doctor and says, "Yeah, I could use an Antidode for Zex. I didn't prepare for poison-users."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna still felt ill, and didn't fancy trying the pokemon medicine on herself, so spoke up: "Claw's all right now, but I could do with something to be honest."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The doctor wordlessly pulls out a Lum-Lum Juice and hands it to Tarna.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

As the hunters lick their wounds, they head back to Lavaridge. They get back to town around 6 pm, as the sun is starting to set. Oddly enough, about the same time Donny and Ennis have returned. Funny how that works. The crowd at the Center had died down and the Nurse greets you, offering a dip in the hotsprings for a nominal fee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hotsprings costs ^100 for a trainer, +^25 for each additional pokemon. Bringing in pokemon improves loyalty. If you bring in pokemon, roll a d20 adding your charisma mod (if positive). Any pokemon with Sinker shouldn't be taken in (they tend to drown).
    Center costs are on the pad. Highly suggested you are at full health before going out on a long journey.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan peels off from the group before reaching the center, mentioning that he's going to try and find a battle or two to try and get a bit more cash. He makes his way towards the gym, looking for someone that might be interested in a match, thinking to himself, Could be an opportunity to break in Saya if needed, but we'll see. I shouldn't plan on using more than two of my Pokemon anyway. I'll have to wager just about everything I've got to get a decent profit, though...

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeking trainer battle - two Pokemon each, ^900 wager.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The doctor has his 3 injured pokemon healed, and buys another week of food for his three original pokemon and himself, as well as 13 days of food for the three new pokemon.

Afterwards, he decides to forgo the hotsprings and instead go straight to bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    300 for the healing, 2350 for the food.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

At the center, Donny first makes sure Ennis is fine and that the others are able to contact him before he leaves to find a battle. Closest thing to a fight was fending off the girl, we need some exercise, he conveys to Masque. The Cubone was still across the mental connection and Donny could see the little guy's boredom clearly. "Also gonna look for a battle. Get a hold of me if it's needed. If not, we'll meet up in the morning."

Spoiler
    Show
    Also seeking a battle. Looking for a 1 on 1, no flying, no burrowing, with a wager of ^750. Specifically looking in the Gym, if that doesn't pan out, then throughout town.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis heals up her pokemon and picks up the little Rilou she had adopted. 'Okay little one, this is training. Get used to this heat if you want to beat this Torkoal. If you get used to constant high temperatures, then fighting fire types will be easier. Tomorrow morning we get you a new move before we leave.' She also takes Mar, since he was her ace and always loved a good swim.

Spoiler
    Show
    $400 to heal pokemon, $??? to heal up Ennis, and $150 to take in Mar and the Rilou
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Donny

You find a willing participant inside the gym, accepting your challenge readily. He leads you to a small arena, with 4 rocks on the field.

Aidan

You also find a willing participant inside the gym. She leads you to a small plain arena.

Ennis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a d20 for Mar and the Riolu, adding +3 to Mar for water typing, +1 for Riolu for good RP suggestion. Add that result to EP. RP as you wish.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna accompanies the others into town, and takes her pokemon straight to the centre. She starts by releasing Firelle, her new Simisear, and calmly holds out a hand to the fire ape. "It's all right, I know you're ill, but we'll get you sorted out in no time." She could see the monkey had a discerning look and wasn't worried about confusing her. "You'll be a smart one won't you?" She also releases her Pansear, which she is yet to name and looks at him appraisingly.

"I'm sorry but I've already got your big sister, and I won't have time to look after you so I'll try and find someone nice to look after you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal Firelle at poke centre. $300 for heal and status effect.

Once Firelle was healed Tarna returned her to the pokeball and headed out to the town gym with her newly acquired Pansear in tow: "Right, you want to put on a show if you're going to impress a good trainer, ok." She tried to encourage him to clamber up onto her shoulder in order to appear tame.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis slips into the spring with her pokemon, holding Marto her chest as the Rilou joins her. After a few minutes to relax and get the stress out her body, she turns to the Rilou. 'Okay, Loba, first you train here. I want 100 squats in the water.' The Rilou does as commanded, but due to the heat and the strain, she slows down towards the end. 'Well done. Now, Mar will help you with this next bit. Mar, use your fountain ability to help Loba with her dodging. We're not using attacks, but I'll count one hit as a loss, got it?' The little Rilou nods, still panting.

Ennis commands Mar as Loba dodges, but her speed in the water was terrible and Mar caught her on his first move. Loba moves to the edge of the pool, and tries again. At first she does well, but Mar again hits her and throws her off balance, slipping into the pool. The little Rilou was breathing hard. Good, the point wasn't to win. It was to increase your dodging and determination. If the Torkoal hits you, you'll go down. Calor is just beyond your level, even if you are both the same level. That's the power of a single stage pokemon. If you want to win, you can't get hit. Without Ennis explaining a word of why they were doing this, the Rilou got back up and tried again and again. Loba wasn't doing it because Ennis explained this, she was doing it for her pride and for her future victory. After about twenty minutes, she was panting and lying on the ground, but even Mar was looking out of breath after shooting so much. Hmm, she's determined. I honestly think she'll be able to do it if she keeps up.

'Good work you two, now relax and let the water heal your bodies. If we strain them too much, we'll be no good. Tomorrow, I'll catch you and we'll see if you can get Calor to acknowledge you at least. Once we do that, beating him isn't too far off.' Ennis and her two pokemon rested in the pool till they recovered, and then Ennis and Mar had fun splashing about. Even if she was no longer Team Aqua, the water was still a natural home for her. Even Loba looked a tiny bit happier after all that.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny follows the trainer to the arena and gestures for Masque to step forward. Let's try and do better this time. The Cubone taps his skull with his club and readies himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masque
    39/39 HP
    Def 12
    SDef 10
    Spd 4

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

The boy smirks when he sees the little masked mon, before releasing a bagworm pokemon. "Ok Wormy! Drag him over here!" The mon turns around and shoots a thread at Masque, adhereing to his skin. With a yank, Masque flies across the arena, the bug's body flaming. Masque collided into the flaming pokemon, taking 23 damage and becoming Burned.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Masque flies along the line, a look of surprise augmented by a mental yelp that only Donny can hear. It bounces off the fiery bug for a step and Donny yells, "Smash it!" The Cubone reacts to the command without wasting time and brings his club around in a mighty swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masque: 16/39 HP, Def 9, SDef 10, Spd 4

Bone Club: AC vs 5 (1d20)[3], Physical Ground (3d8+24)[35] if Crit, Flinch + (3d8+10)[33]

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods at the woman facing him, thinking for a moment before pulling out one of his newest acquisitions. "Hisei, you up for a battle?" The Vulpix gives a cry of assent and stares across the arena as Aidan nods. "Shall we?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisei:
    HP: 31/31
    DEF: 4
    SDEF: 10
    SPD: 10
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

The club slams into the ground next to the bug, who tries to fire some flaming embers, who incidentally strike the same spot the bone just struck. "Whats wrong Wormy!? He's right there!"
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Don't fail me now, Masque! Hit it with all you got!" Donny says as he quickly scans the enemy mon. The Cubone seems to appreciate the words of 'encouragement' and gathers some flames into one tiny hand. He winds up and swings at the fiery bug again, his own flames slightly green in color.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masque: 12/39 HP, Def 9, SDef 10, Spd 4.

Fire Punch: AC vs 2 (1d20)[14], Fire, Physical (3d10+23)[39] if Crit, Burn + (3d10+12)[30]

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

The dino's flaming fist connects, causing it to chitter angrily before being returned. "He's too weak now. I concede.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your prize money which I forget and 1080 exp (thats already doubled). +5 EP for stressful battle. It was a Larvesta

Aidan

The girl releasing a monkey with a flaming tail, who cackles and taunts Hisei.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisei may not use moves without Damage Dice for 2 rounds.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan looks over at the monkey, scanning it before nodding at Hisei. "Keep your distance, and open up with Fire Spin!" The Vulpix steps forward and forms a line of flame along its tails, swirling it into a lasso before flinging it at the monkey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisei moves to L10 and uses Fire Spin on Mo.

Hisei: Fire Spin v Mo - AC: (1d20)[15] v 2 + Special Evasion, (1d1+19)[20] 23(rolled in OOC because of fail) Fire Damage plus (1d12+6)[18] on Crit, target is trapped for (1d4+1)[3] rounds on hit and takes 1d12 damage per round trapped.

Hisei: Now at L10
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-11 at 08:51 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

The flame lasso reaches the ape, only to be absorbed by its tail, it laughing wildly. "Flash Fire kid! You have a Vulpix, you should know this!" The monkey (Monferno) jumps forward, leering at Hisei. The monkey does nothing because the devs can't make things consitent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -1 Def stage.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-11 at 09:00 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny recalls the Cubone completely, then retrieves his winnings [+^750]. "Good battle, better luck next time," he says to the other trainer. Only then does he go back to the center to heal up [-^750: all mons and trainer are full health]. He then takes up the offer to relax in the hotspring, bringing Masque and Arachnia with him, but not connecting with either [-^150].

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods at the woman and replies, "I can also tell a mon that prefers close combat. Even if he's not hurt, he still stays over there. Hisei, Energy Ball!" The Vulpix forms an orb of iridescent green power within its tails, before using them like a catapult to launch the ball at the monkey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisei moves closer to the Monkey(to L8) and uses Energy Ball.

Hisei: Energy Ball v Mo - AC: (1d20)[6] v 2(-1 Special Defense CS to target on 17-20), (3d10+23)[38] Grass Damage plus (3d10+12)[25] on Crit,

Hisei:
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

The girl just grits her teeth, while the Monferno continues to taunt (2 turns again).
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, seems like we're at a bit of an impasse here... Hisei, just be patient, alright?" The Vulpix growls at the other fire-type's taunts, before forming another flaming lasso and attempting to ensnare the monkey again, moving slightly closer as she does. Sighing, Aidan says, "Or that works too, I guess."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisei will move to M8 and use Fire Spin on Mo.

Fire Spin Trap Damage: (1d12)[7]

Hisei: Fire Spin v Mo - AC: (1d20)[11] v 2, (1d12+19)[21] Fire Damage plus (1d12+6)[12] on Crit, target is Trapped for (1d4+1)[5] rounds on hit and takes 1d12 damage per round trapped.

Hisei:
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As Donny relaxes in the hot water, he begins to reflect on everything that has happened these past few days. I'm not strong enough to complete my goal yet, but working with these people is sure to get me there. And besides, I'm doing what dad would have wanted. His thoughts continue like this for a while and soon Masque chirps in with, We're also getting stronger. Not like when we only fought for food. Now we fight to become better. Rachni don't fight. Rachni likes water. Donny blinked his eyes open. Arachnia was swimming through the water just below the surface and Masque was floating on his back, eyes closed. I didn't try to connect with you, how did you do that? You said so yourself, working with these people is making you stronger. No headaches this time? Nothing. No pain at all. It's amazing! And both of you, at the same time... I've never done that before. Then enjoy it. We have a long way to go still, right? Donny just accepted the advice silently. Maybe things would turn out after all.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

The girl sighs. "I'm conceeding him. Please, I don't want him to die. Return your Vulpix please?"
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Aidan withdraws Hisei, and says, "Not a bad try, by any means - but I've seen some rather devastating combos with Vulpix in the past." Releasing the Vulpix again, he says, "Ready for round two, then?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisei:
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM