New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

Vladmir pulls out his pokedex and scans one of the Machops.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir: At C5
    HP: 68/68
    DEX: -2

#47: At C4
    HP: 40/40
    DEF: 10
    SDEF: 10
    SPD: 4
    Last edited by Gaekub; 2012-10-21 at 08:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Aidan's ball smacks the blue mon in the head. The ball shakes 3 times before dinging, and disappearing into Aidan's Box.

Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainers
    Xylik
    Sawk Captured like a boss
    Mar
    Arachnia

Machops
    Setha
    Aire
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Stupid glitches.....
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis shifts to E7, blocking Donny's body from attack, and hurls a ball at M3.

Spoiler
    Show
    Capture check: (1d100+5)[10]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna scans the machops, but holds back on further action, not needing to capture one of the creatures, and not interested in fighting needlessly.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis' ball strike's the Machop's shoulder, disappearing before even hitting the ground. The remaining Machop charge, and chop at Xylik. The Leader manages to find a weak spot, hitting the bat between the neck and wing.

Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainers
    Xylik
    Mar
    Arachnia
    Machops
    Setha
    Aire

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    21 to Xylik
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna dashes forward, poisoned blade in hand and strikes down hard on the remaining machop, "Not- going- to- hurt any more of us," she gasped between breaths.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to h5 attack M2

Poison Jab
    (1d20)[8] AC 2 phys Phys, 15-20 poisons.
    (3d10+17)[36] Poison, Attack
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-10-22 at 11:07 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

'Aire, show 'em the power of a future Dragon!' The little Swablu rushes over to the Macho, then dashes through M1, striking him with her beak.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace: auto hit
    ac: (1d20)[9], rolling for crit only
    damage (2d10+15)[27]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Huh, good thing someone caught one of those Machops, I can scan it later, Donny thinks to himself as the creature disappears into a ball. As everyone begins moving again, he moves to the right a step and lunges at the nearest enemy with another poison jab.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arachnia: 28/28 HP, Def 2, SDef 5, Spd 7
    Moves to J7.
    Poison Jab: AC vs 2 (1d20)[6] Poison on 15-17.
    Physical, Poison damage (3d10+23)[33] if Crit (3d10+12)[29]

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis chucks another ball at the Machop Aire had hit.

Spoiler
    Show
    capture roll against M1

(1d100+5)[28]

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"47, hit where it hurts," Vladmir snaps, pointing at the closest blue pokemon. The Drowzee's nose twists against itself as it launches a mental attack at the Machop.

A moment later, Vladmir tosses a basic ball at the afflicted pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir: At C5, throws ball at M2.
    HP: 68/68
    DEX: -2

#47: At C4, uses confusion on M2.
    HP: 40/40
    DEF: 10
    SDEF: 10
    SPD: 4

Confusion:
    To hit: (1d20)[20] (AC 2, confuse on 19-20)
    Damage: (2d8+12)[24] Special Psychic
    Crit: (2d8+6)[16]

Capture Roll: (1d100+5)[97]

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis captures ANOTHER Machop, while 47's attack scrambles the remaining's brain before Vlad's ball can even connect (not wasted). The air is quiet and still without the sounds of fighting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ennis' Machop's: Level 13
    (1d4)[4] 1 is female
    (1d35)[6]
    [roll]1d3[roll]
    10% HP
    (1d4)[3] 1 is female
    (1d35)[25]
    [roll]1d3[roll]
    Full HP
    Aidan's Sawk
    It's a dude
    (1d35)[27]
    [roll]1d3[roll]
    50% HP, Poisoned
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Stupid rolling..

(1d3)[3]
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d3)[3]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods, and says, "Simple enough... Xylik, you did well. Maybe the next fight will give you more of a challenge... return for now, though." Recalling the Gligar, he looks down the mountainside and says, "Well... shall we continue?"

Spoiler
    Show
    We need XP, as well.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-22 at 08:34 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis picks up her balls, and sighs. 'Ugly little buggers. Trade fodder.' Soon, both balls teleport away, going to Ennis's box since she had a full team.

Ennis let Aire stay out, and continued on while carrying Mar with her.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny mentally shifts back into his own body, leaving nothing but a sense of pride for Arachnia to contemplate. The spider pokemon had done remarkably well, considering the possibility of getting squished.

As Donny stands up, a slight cramp ripples through his muscles, although he wasn't gone long. "Well, that was interesting."

Spoiler
    Show
    -5 HP to Donny for Commune With Nature.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

After many long hours walking down the winding path, you finally reach the base of the volcano, though the terrain is still rough and sloping downwards. Aidan locates a good spot to set up camp, a bit away from the road to avoid being easily spotted by late-night travelers but not so far as to easily loose the route.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything you want to do, RP and or whatever, do now, then give me Preceps. If your going to have a watch, determine who watches when and put it on the pad.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan helps with the set up of camp, and begins releasing each of his Pokemon one by one, saving Xylik for last. As he does, he looks at the rest of the group and says, "We probably want to have someone up at any given time, just to make sure no wilds give us trouble... 2 hours watch each sound fair? I can take the middle watch... I'm used to sleeping in smaller bursts, so no worries."

Once the watch rotation is decided, Aidan will head off a short distance from the camp, releasing Xylik and pulling out some of the food he has for the Pokemon - some uncooked, but well preserved strips of meat. "There you go... eat up, and I'll see about that bruise." Applying a potion to the Gligar's wounds, paying careful attention to the junction between the neck and wing where it took the hardest hit. "I know you're probably not that happy with me, but you'll be better off with me than you would on your own... you'll have plenty of food, and you definitely won't have to worry about finding a challenge - we'll be seeing quite a few battles before this is over, and I'm sure you'll grow stronger."

Shrugging, he looks at the Gligar, and says, "Think about it while we keep watch, alright?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion: (2d12+10)[28] healing to Xylik.
    Used food as appropriate.
    Perception: (1d20)[13]
    I'm guessing I'm going to need a charisma check for trying to improve relations with Xylik(if you want something else, let me know), so: (1d20+1)[3]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny assists with the set up of camp as well. From his time spent in the wilderness, having a tent was a rare luxury. He sets it up on a slight rise in the ground and digs a small trench leading any potential rainwater away from the other tents.

With that done Donny releases his team and feeds them and himself. "Good work today, Arachnia. Beat up at least two enemies, both bigger and meaner." The small Spinarak chittered happily as it ate, Masque even patted it on the head. "Tomorrow, more of the same. I don't know who'll be with me, but keep trusting me and we'll all be fine." Masque seemed to be the only one really listening as the other two just ate greedily.

Once all his pokemon had been fed and stored away, Donny speaks to the others, "I'll take the second shift. It's not a popular one, so I'll spare you guys the trouble." With that, he returned to his tent and tried to rest for a couple hours before his shift.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[20]
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I vill take first vatch," Vladmir says, letting out all his pokemon one by one. "Unless anyone objects, of course."

He releases and feeds his pokemon in the order he captured, and pays special attention to the Mankey to make sure it knows he is a friend.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna curls up with Setha for company, and is quickly unconscious.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-10-23 at 05:00 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

'Guess that means I'm on early morning shift.' Ennis sets up a tent, and cuddles into Aire, using her like a pillow.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[6]

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

In Order of Watch:

Vlad
    Each of your mon eat heartily, except the Mankey and Gligar. The Gligar eats rather sheepishly, while the Mankey out right refuses. After some coaxing, you get it to eat just the smallest morsel, before it climbs into a tree to sleep.

During your watch, nothing spectacular happened, besides the Mankey having a nightmare and falling out the tree. You suspect 47 is the cause, as you hear a wheezing giggle from his direction right afterwards.

Donny
    Masque cuddles close to you, as you were used to, for the first half of your sleep. After Vlad wakes you, you stretch, to watch a boringly dark landscape. After poking the dieing fire and gathering some more brush for the others, you wake up Aidan for his shift.

Aidan
    As you release the Gligar, it hisses at you and hops away, refusing the food and the potion. No matter what you try he refuses, taking flight to a nearby tree in effort to keep his distance.

Donny wakes you up for your shift, looking rather sleepy eyed. Getting up, you notice the meat you pulled out for Xylik was gone and the Gligar was resting in a different tree branch than before. Despite his stubbornness, he still needed to eat. Using the kindling Donny gathered, you keep the fire going. Despite your proximity to the volcano and the day's earlier heat, it was incredibly cold for the night.

At one point, you turn to the pile of dry wood to grab some sticks and when you return your gaze to the fire, something was a miss. Across from you, not 3 feet away from you or Ennis sleeping with Mar, was a basket of plump blue berries. You only looked away for a second! A rustle of leaves catches your attention behind you, but by the time you look back, everything is still. Was it the wind?

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm leaving it at this, so Blues can try and investigate or just accept the berries without question and wake up Tarna.
    Also: Al' Setha didn't do anything in the fight, so no exp. Sorry.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-24 at 07:28 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan looks over at the basket curiously, examining the berries inside to try and identify them. Pulling out a couple of Pokeballs, he releases both Eleara and Hisei, and says, "Someone or something left this basket here... think either of you can pick up a scent, and try to track them?" Giving the Pokemon a moment to try and pick up the trail, Aidan heads over to Tarna, giving the girl a nudge awake. Once she wakes, he says, quietly so as not to wake the others, "Something's going on. Someone managed to sneak into the camp and left a basket of berries behind - I want to find out who and why, so I'm going to track them down. Keep an eye on things for me until I get back? I'll cover part of your watch to make up for the lost sleep."

Upon getting an affirmative response from Tarna, he will join his two Pokemon in trying to follow the trail, giving Xylik a glance as he goes, but not calling out to the slumbering Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tracker Rolls, trying to track whoever/whatever's scent is strongest on the basket:
    Eleara: (1d20)[19]
    Hisei: (1d20)[2]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Eleara picks up a scent, moving towards the edge of camp, nose to the ground. Coming to a tree, the Eevee tries to climb but fails. Seems whoever left them climbed up the tree.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods, taking a closer look at the basket before looking up the tree to see if he can find any signs of anyone still there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[17]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

All you see is leaves. Lots and lots of leaves. Whoever or whatever probably wasn't in that tree or anywhere nearby, not anymore. If it was fast enough to drop the basket the second you turned away, no telling how far it was now.

Going over to the basket, you don't notice anything at first. Just a bunch of berries and fairly plain looking basket. Bu you notice a small corner of something, that looks somewhat like a piece of paper.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Sighing, Aidan picks up the paper carefully, seeing what message was left with the basket.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Picking up the paper shifted the pile of berries, three of which topple over and onto the ground. The paper, with a few blue stains from the berries, contains a simple, hand written note. From a friend
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Sighing for a moment, Aidan recalls his two Pokemon before taking the basket - and the loose berries - over to Tarna. Showing her the note, he says, "Your thoughts? I'd think they'd leave some indication if they were on our side, rather than just a vague note..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM