New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

You run down the right corridor, barreling forward. You don't reach any intersections unlike before. You hear a third pair of footsteps echoing from behind you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Void take all of this! Masque, hold. We'll see what we can do with our guest, Donny says as he stops moving. He turns back and waits for their new friend to catch up.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

You turn around seeing a tall man draped in a black rain coat, that reaches down to his ankles. He hides his face behind a titled fedora (also black). Only his mouth, stuck in a smirk, is visible. His hat just barely passes under the ceiling. With a small motion of his arm, a gleaming blade falls out of the sleeve into his open palm, the tip striking the ground with small spark. He stands there, motionless.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I guess you're not here to show me the way out, are ya?" Donny says as he takes a stance away from the man. He releases Echo from her ball and quickly reattaches the connection, Play time, girl. He nods at the large man and says aloud, "If you're not gonna talk then you might as well start fighting."

Spoiler
    Show
    Masque is to Donny's Right, Echo the left, and up 3m.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

The man doesn't react. He stands still, smirk gleaming at you. His stature changes ever so slightly. His chest starts rising and falling just a bit faster. Was he giggling?!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Stare him down, Masque, Donny commands through their mental link. The Cubone responds by glaring at the large man through the orbital sockets of his skull mask.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masque: HP: 84/84, Def 13, SDef 10, Spd 4
    Leer: AC 2 (1d20)[8] -1 Def CS (Or +1 to Masque's Atk for this target?)

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

The figure moves suddenly. He closes the distance between you quickly. In a blur of motion, he swings his sword once, across Masque's neck. Again, bisecting Echo. The final stroke connects with your neck. Instead of cold steal slicing through your vertebrae, your greeted with the dull edge crunching against your windpipe, knocking on your butt. Masque and Echo send mental complaints of the blows hurting more than actually damaging.

The man stands above you, sword points at your heart. His smirk has gotten even bigger. I could end you. Right now. Simple thrust. No escape. Tell me. Why should I spare you? Why shouldn't I add you to my collection? His voice is a malicious cackle, almost inhuman.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-02-24 at 03:17 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Because, I'm obviously no challenge. Yet," Donny says. "What's the point of collecting a Rattata in the tunnels when you can get an Arcanine on even ground? I get out of here, I'll get stronger. I get stronger, I'll be sent back here to wipe out League Dogs! Then, when I'm at my best, we'll find out who belongs in who's collection."

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

His grin widens and he starts to laugh. A deep, hearty laugh. His blade slowly lifts away from your heart, before he plunges it down at your head. Only for it to strike just passed your ear, shearing off the unkempt hair hanging over it. The man backs off, his laugh becoming less hearty and more uncontrolled. He falls backwards, laughing riotously. Oh man! I can't take it anymore! HAHAHAHA! Your a riot kid! Plain riot! Hey Joe! He fell for it! A man appears in your field of vision from behind, this one in a uniform you don't recognize. He's young looking, about your age and he's crying from laughing. The man offers you his hand.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny stares in wide eyed shock. Kill them. The thought is his own and it stays within his head. He watches as his imagination plays out a grab of the hand and a thrust with the knife, still quivering in his other hand. He'd get the one, but not the other. Prey or not-prey? Not-prey, for now, Donny replies to Echo turning to the uniformed man. He pointedly ignores the hand and says, "What's going on?"
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-02-25 at 02:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Need to cover my scent. Ennis takes out her little green buddy.

'Vlad, this is going to sound weird, but I need you to rub me down with this Gulpin.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #942
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"You're right, zat does sound vierd," Vladmir says, his accent thickening with the rattling of his nerves. He glances around the corner again for a moment, hoping desperately that he had imagined the Ranger or the peice of cloth in his hand.

"Any reazon you can't do zis yourself?" he hisses at Ennis, but takes the Gulpin anyway. "Now, as I'm sure you know, Gulpin is known for it's acidic properties. Zis may... sting."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

'Look, do you know any other way to remove my scent?' Ennis hisses at Vlad. 'Unless you can come up with a better plan, start rubbing.' She turns her back to him, letting him do that while she does her own front.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

14. - Top - End - #944
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"No I do not," the doctor sighs, and begins to rub the pokemon against her back. "So ve limp though as quickly as possible, and if he asks, you vere injured in a lab accident, alright?"

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Jayren shall answer, "Of course. The Grim Judge teaches us to respect the enforcers of justice in the land. If you would please be swift, I would appreciate it. I must be ten miles outside the city and have the ritual prepared by moonset."

charisma - (d20+3)[23]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan will remain silent and keep watch for any threats, staying in the bodyguard role as much as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    CHA of inconspicuousness: (1d20+1)[10]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Prank Victim
    The uniformed man, Joe, shrugs when you ignore his hand. The rain coat man continues to laugh uncontrollably behind you. We pulled a prank on you dude! You totally fell for it! Oh man! Joe just chuckles. One thing I gotta know. Why did you attack the wall? Did it look at you funny!? Joe finally caves in and starts out right laughing too, though still being able to stand on two feet.

Lucky SOBs
    Uh huh.... Move along then. I'll radio the gate to expediate you. He motions for you to move along as he goes to talk to the next person.

Borderline Pokephilliacs
    As Vlad starts to rub the Gulpin over Ennis, he feels the stomach mon start to rumble. The Gulpin opens wide and burps ups a thin, transparent film which coats Ennis head to toe, and getting on Vlad's hands. Surprisingly, it evaporated almost immediately and left no after smell. The Gulpin gives a tiny Gulpin salute then hops onto Ennis head for a birds eye view.

A quick peak around the corner shows the Growlithe isn't heading your way but hasn't passed yet either.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Jayren bows in thanks and says, "Come, bodyguard. I must ready the ritual in time." as she walks forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I... I was told to go straight through that intersection... Who are you?" Donny asks. His blind rage has simmered to just under bubbling and he understands that this isn't the best time to strike back at them. Maybe later. When I come back through here some day.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

What from those two locals? So wait... you didn't.... uh... Joe loses all humor in his features, quickly replaced with horror. Mark! Mark sits up, equally horrified. What the void Mark!? You know how much trouble we'll get in if an outsider figures out about a house that isn't theres!? Mark doesn't react just staring blankly at Donny.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Alright guys, this is pretty simple," Donny says to the two of them. "I'm trying to get out of town without going through a gate. That's all. I don't care who's doing what to who down here, I just need to meet up outside. Can you help me out? Or am I gonna have to backtrack?"

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Get up. Now. The sense of urgency in his voice was palpable. Mark had already gotten to his feet and was race-walking down the way he was just chasing you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny follows the men, keeping Masque and Echo informed along the way. Don't attack unless I say. I don't know how this is gonna turn out. Okay. Yes.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

They lead you down the corridor. Well lead isn't the right word. More like run in front of you down a exceptionally long, straight corridor. Butch and Cassidy's directions were complete crap it seems. After what seems like forever running through the exact same environment (really about 30 minutes), you come to a ladder similar to the one you came down in. Go out here, you'll be a ways out of the city. And if She asks you about this place, you were never here. He motions his hand for emphasis, the duo starting to walk backwards. You were never here. And they turn, running back the way they came, far faster than they just were. In less than 10 seconds you lost sight of them. But it was a straight corridor?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"No point in asking who she is, I guess," Donny grumbles as he returns Masque. He climbs the ladder and has Echo follow him out. Once outside he looks around, trying to gauge his surroundings. Echo flies up and he asks her, See anything of importance? Where's the city?

Spoiler
    Show
    Wis of where the crap am I? (1d20+5)[9]

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

You come out into the shining midafternoon sun, nearly stepping into the sess pool that was the lake south of the city. You could see the city to the north a ways. Your far enough out that anyone on the city edge wouldn't see you even if you were out in the open. It was safe here. For now.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny sends a quick message to Aidan, -Sess pool lake. South of town. Bring Buzz.- He then sits down waits for his comrades to catch up. His thoughts are astir about Buzz and what the poor Elekid's been going through. But he's not the only one who's gonna have a hard time... He sends out Boxer, the Sawk that he bought from Aidan and forms a mental connection. Don't attack me. I'm technically your trainer. I think it's time you were let out of the ball for a bit.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

The blue mon looks around startled, in a battle stance. What?! Where Machop? Macho challenge me, then humans attack! You human. Where Machop!? He was obviously distressed over the predicament he was in prior to his capture.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Stay calm. The Machops are gone. I'm here," Donny says as soothingly as he can. "Echo and I want to be your friends. And if it's alright, I'm gonna call you Boxer."

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma of Calming! (1d20+5)[11] (+5 for talking to Pokemon)

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

He continues looking around for a threat, his breathing still paniced. His stance lightens a little, something nagging in your brain saying that he is actually relaxed now. Why are Machop gone? Why human here? Why human attack during honor fight?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!