New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

"Thank you," Donny says sincerely. "I suppose I'll see you sometime tomorrow then. Ennis and I'll do a bit of asking questions around here while you guys do some searching." He then turns and seeks out his room, mentally chatting with Echo. Think he trusts me? He not eat you. That's not the same thing. Sure it is. I not eat you. I think we've already figured out that one, girl. I'm not prey if you're not prey. I like being not-prey. And with that, Donny closed the connection and recalled the Zubat. He then entered his room and went to sleep for the night.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods, replying, "I was actually going to see if you'd join us out there tomorrow... being able to talk to Echo might help us track down some viable targets. Your call, though. Good night," he finishes with a casual wave before heading into his own room and retiring for the night as well.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna knelt down next to Setha and scratched her behind the ears. "Well done girl." She praised, pleased that Setha had mastered that new trick so quickly. In fact, the pair of them seemed to have come off the best of anyone, although after they'd attacked the others had joined in and taken out the one they'd been fighting. Oh well, guess that's team work... But those creatures had a nice poison sting on them...

Tarna fell into step with the others as they headed towards Lavaridge, hoping to find out more about those creatures she'd never seen before. She approached Ennis, hopig she'd get a friendly reception. "So what were those pokemon? I've never seen them before, do you think it was a League attack? That they set them on us so soon after we landed... As soon as she said it she felt stupid:"Oh wait, never mind, you wouldn't have been able to catch them then would you."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

After checking Aire was okay, and picking Mar back up, she checks out the pokemon she caught. 'It's a Gligar, a ground and flying pokemon. Bit of a strange combo, but the things are quite powerful. And don't worry about getting ambushed. This is Hoenn, wild country. Can't go two feet without being jumped by something.' She goes and picks up the ball that missed.

'Hey, you want one? I caught 2, and I'll probably end up trading them to get a fire type. Swap you a ball for a Gligar?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna stared at Ennis, surprised. "That is kind. Here." She proffers a quick ball. "I'm usually too busy to throw these at the beginning: I think it's serve you better." She smiles then, hoping that this won't be so bad.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-09-14 at 09:48 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vladmir pays for a room, silently listening to the conversations of his traveling companions. He lets the Gligar stay outside, but calls it over when he goes up to his room and opens the window.
    "You are nocturnal, yes? Then I vill recall you in the morning. Until then, do vhat you vant."

Before laying himself down in bed, he releases his other three pokemon, and takes a short shower. When he finally gets to bed, he falls asleep almost immediately.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

'Only was asking for a basic, but I'll make sure to put it to good use.' Ennis offers Tarna her choice of Gligar.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let Al choose which one

'C'mon, wanna go heal up Aire at the Center, she saved my butt.' Ennis gets her team healed up, then pays for a room, offering to split the cost with Tarna if she wanted to share. As the only other girl on the team, Tarna already had points in her favor. The doc was an okay fellow, but Aiden tended to harp on a bit about Snaggers, and Donny was a bit creepy, but she'd try and get used to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    how much for the rooms?
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"Err.... This one then." She says reaching out. "And, yeah, love to share." Ennis was turning out to be a kind companion rather than a fire brand radical as Tarna feared. Maybe the rebels weren't as crazy as she thought. A strange thought occurred: maybe this is the side for ordinary people... Then again, they were travelling with a crazy doctor...

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna selects the male one (gligar #1). Thanks
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis pays for a cheap ass room, then falls asleep in her Hello Skitty jammies.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis and Tarna stay in the Center. The late night attendant shows you to a hall on the upper floor, lined with holes. She shows each of the girls to a hole a piece, and presses a button, a small bed extending out. Thats where they sleep for the night.

Vlad, Donny and Aidan on the other hand forked over the extra cash for a room at the inn. Each are given a quaint little room, with a small bed, desk and a single window. Flitter is reluctant to go inside the inn, but clings to Vlad's back with a death grip. Upon reaching the room, when Vlad opens the window, Flitter immdiatly flies out. After a moment of panic, Vlad sees the silouhette of Flitter agianst the moon.

The Next Morning

Everyone wakes up next morning feeling rested (though Ennis and Tarna a bit claustophobic). Vlad finds Flitter hanging upside from the windowsill, sound asleep. It's probably safe to return him now. The town is just starting to get active, the other trainers staying in the Center getting out of their own beds and heading to the communal showers.

Start of a new day and the start of the groups mission. What will they do first?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis wakes up and heads over to the Gym. Best place to find a Fire type, right?

She makes sure none of her new companions followed her before lipping back into her real accent. 'Well, howdy y'all? This here that dang old Fire Gym everyone be talkin' 'bout? My and my compadres just got inta town last night, and I'm lookin' to get mahself one h them thar Fire types. Caught myself a strong-'un to trade too.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma check: (1d20)[9]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

A nervous looking kid runs up to Ennis and tugs on her pant leg. Hey you want a fire type? I got one. You want it? It's a puppy! He shoves a pokeball in your face, a tiny flame emblazoned on the ball.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny wakes and looks around his room. Nothing. Not even a message on his pokegear. Ennis must have tried to find a deal on her own, he thinks to himself. He dresses and walks down to the lobby. He enjoys his continental breakfast and he sends the forgetful woman a message: -Did you want help finding a deal? Or should I just go with the others in searching?-
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis bends down and ruffles the kids hair. 'Sounds mighty fine there sonny. I got this thar thing called a Gligar. It's a wild 'un, and strong too, so you be careful, ya hear? Get one of the other gym trainers round here to keep an eye on ya when ya go lettin' 'er out, kay?' If he agrees, she takes the trade.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

The kid drags Ennis over to a machine at the far end of the gym, difficult to see with all the steam. He places the ball into a slot, and indicates Ennis put her's in another. He pushes a few buttons, the machine whirrs for a bit before dieing. There! He's your problem now! HEY GUYS! I GOT A GLIGAR! The kid bolts off into the steamy room.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis just takes the ball, and answers the text.

-got a fire type, might be a bit too hot to handle. would help with some back up when checking it out. meet me at the gym-

Ennis waits outside the door with Mar in her hand, just incase.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny finishes up his breakfast, leaving a few bites on the plate and hurries out of the Inn, not waiting for Aidan or Vlad. Along the way he releases Masque and says, "Welcome to Lavaridge. New friend needs a hand, and I want you there." With no mental connection the Cubone simply nods as they both head to the Gym. As he arrives Donny says, "Alright, Masque and I here to help. Let's see what we got."
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

'Yo, got something, don't know what. Get ready.' She holds Mar up and releases the thing.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

From the ball appears a small dog-like pokemon. It's body is black, its muzzle and underbelly is light orange. Ontop of its head is what seems to be a skull. It looks around, growling angrily. It belches a small gout of fire, and turns to Ennis and Donny. It barks twice and sits, staring straight forward.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny scans the small dog with his Dex while raising an eyebrow at Ennis. "This was a problem... how?" Masque taps his own skull with his bone club, looking at the puppy expectantly.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-15 at 06:50 PM.
    Games GMed

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

'Eeeep, it's a puppy! It's a cutey wutey puppy wuppy. Whose a good boy? You a good boy? C'mere!' Ennis's weakness to cuteness was irrepressible in the face of a puppy, even with Donny watching.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

The dex pings Houndour. The Houndour just sits there, nodding slightly when Masque taps his own skull. When Ennis starts gushing he turns, looking somewhat annoyed. He shoots a small jet of flame out of his mouth. A warning maybe?

Spoiler
    Show
    RAWF!
    Level 11 Male Houndour, Desprate, Flash Fire
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-09-15 at 06:51 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

At Ennis' exuberance, Donny's expression is replaced with surprise. Wisely, he says nothing about it. But he does make an attempt to channel the new dog.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel attempt: (1d100-20)[33]
    Games GMed

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan wakes up and grabs breakfeast at the inn, waiting for his companions to join him before heading out and seeking any firestarters. He sends a quick message to Tarna and Vlad - -Am waiting at Inn. Will meet you out front to hunt Pokemon.-
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna woke alone, surprised that Ennis left without her noticing, but putting it down to lack of sleep and a tense day.
    She checked her gear and sent a query to the others, hoping that they knew where Ennis was and had established a meeting point for today (an oversight that Tarna was determinedly ignoring).

After a time she heads out on to the streets, heading reluctantly towards the gym, knowing that the largest concentration of fire types would likely be there.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Donny delve's into the dogs mind. Who you? You not kid. I no burn you. Burn kids. Where kids? The dog turns and stares at Donny intently. A low growl emits from the dog, though it didn't seem threatening.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A few moments after Aiden sends his message, Dr. Kretznak steps out through the front door, rubbing at tired eyes. "Okay, ve ready to go?" he asks.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Going through the dog's mind opens up a few new opportunities. Donny borrows a poison spewing move and then mentally conveys, Burning me would be a bad idea, so that's a good choice. Burning kids will get you in trouble, but what about her? He gestures at Ennis. She's your new master, will you burn her? As he does the gesture Donny says to the young woman, "He spits fire at me you better recall him before I get a hold of him."
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-16 at 01:49 AM.
    Games GMed

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods at the doctor, and says, "I am... just waiting for Tarna." He checks his own Poketch before sending a reply to Tarna, -Mentioned in previous message that Vlad and I would meet you outside the Inn. Donny mentioned he and Ennis will be staying in town, so we'll be heading outside.-
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

The Houndour peers at Ennis for a brief moment, sniffing. Master sound child. Master not child. Will Master give me things to burn? I like Master then. Rawf like burning! Rawf, as he called himself, begins wagging his stubby tail quickly, emitting small jets of flame in excitment.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!