New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Natural selection 2

So, is anyone else playing? So far other then the fact that the graphics get super choppy at the slightest provocation, making aiming basically impossible in battle involving more then 10 or so peopla, I'm very impressed by the game, and even that is probably more my computer's fault then the game's. I haven't played as commander and very little as aliens, but the marine gameplay is very fun and satisfying, and if you're lucky enough to get a good commander and a disciplined team it's a blast. However, I have to say that the balance seems skewed towards aliens, but I figure this will be gradually fixed.
    Last edited by thorgrim29; 2012-11-13 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Natural selection 2

Haven't played it much, but it seems not a lot of people here are talking about it anyways.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I got three days worth of playtime in during the first 6 days after its release, I've slowed down a bit since then. Damn good fun, and worth having preordered the day preorders opened.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    However, I have to say that the balance seems skewed towards aliens, but I figure this will be gradually fixed.
    IIRC, Aliens hover around a 51%-52% win ratio. The game is amazingly balanced for being as asymmetrical as it is. That said, I think there are a few more mechanics still to be added (welding doors, for instance), so we'll see.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

This game has been what I have put basically all of my gaming time of the past 2 weeks in, but despite having a good amount of fun, I have had several issues, most notably framerate loss in combat. According to what I can find, that is because NS2 doesn't make good use of multithreading capabilities, and only is optimized to use a single processor. In a day where quad cores are the standard, and many (myself included) have up to six, that is just silly.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.