New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Well, we hit the 50-page mark, and I for one hate waiting for the mod to show up and say "hur dur 50 pages thread locked." So, I have gone on and begun our story again, with an intro from our old friend SiuiS:

Mass Effect 3, thread 67
    or
    Indoctrination in the playground

This is the sixth seventh thread for discussion of Mass Effect proper, currently on its third and final installment. Here we discuss gameplay, mechanics, multiplayer, and anything at all from Mass Effect 1 &2. Spoilers are still spoilers, for the most part, so please take discussion of the story and the ending to the mass effect Endings discussion thread..

Prior threads:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    Thread 6

Playgrounder multiplayer profiles (please use the provided format of
    - GitP user name
    - game system(s)
    - in-game user name
    - frequently used weapons/classes

PC:

Spoiler
    Show

GITP Name : bladescape
    Gamertag : blade_scaper
    Classes: Sentinels, soldiers, infiltrators.

GitP Name: Triscuitable
    Gamertag: Triscuitable
    Classes: Quarian Infiltrator, Human Vanguard

GitP Name: Farix
    Gamertag: Nejaa
    Classes: N7 Fury, Paladin, & Shadow

GITP Name : Wilhelm Scream
    Gamertag : chumsley
    Classes: Salarians, asari adept, krogan vanguard

GITP Name : Ertwin
    Gamertag : Ertwin
    Classes :Krogan Soldier, salarian/quarian infiltrator*

GITP Name : DabblerWizard
    Gamertag*: DabblerWizard
    Classes : Adepts

GITP Name : MonarchAnarch
    Gamertag : MonarchAnarch
    Classes : Asari Vanguard, Salarian Infiltrator, Drell Adept.

GITP Name: Drakefall
    Gamertag*: Drakefall_XI
    Classes: Engineer, any

GITP Name : Sagonene
    Gamertag : vinceroix
    Classes : Adept & Engineer

GITP Name : Comrade
    Gamertag : NapalmMotorhead
    Classes : Soldier

Giantitp Name: Corvus
    Gamertag: Auscorvus
    Classes; Drell Adept & Human Engineer

Giantitp name: Chen
    Gamertag: Chen932000
    Classes: Asari Vanguard, Human Sentinel

Giantitp name: Anarion
    Gamertag: jrogers55
    Classes played: any

GitP Name: Khosan
    Gamertag: Khosan
    Classes: Sentinel, any

GITP Name : Dhavaer
    Gamertag*: Dhavaer
    Classes : Vanguard, Engineer, Sentinel.*

GITP Name: Actana
    Gamertag: Miriact
    Preferred Classes: Salarian Infiltrator, Human Vanguard

GianTiTP name: Mikeavelli
    Gamertag: Mikeavelli
    Classes : vanguard

GitP name : Sholos
    Gamertag: veebeebee
    Classes: Engineer, Infiltrator, Soldier, Adept

GITP Name : Darius Macab
    Gamertag*: DariusMacab
    Classes : any

GitP username: Arbitrarity
    Gamertag: Arbitrarity
    Classes: any caster, infiltrator

GitP Poster: Aotrs Commander
    Gamertag: AotrsCommander
    Classes: Infiltrator

GitP Poster: Gamerlord
    Gamertag: Gamerlord2
    Classes: Any

GitP name: Starsign
    Gamertag: Sunrust
    Classes: any

Name on GITP: Landis963
    Gamertag: landis963
    Classes: caster

GiTP Name: Morty
    Gamertag :*Morty901
    Classes: non-vanguard

GiTP Name : Horngeek
    Gamertag : Horngeek
    Classes : Any

Gitp Name: Insanealien
    Gamertag: Kalehn
    Favourite characters: Turian Soldier, N7 Paladin, Shadow and Demolisher.

X-Box 360:
    Spoiler
    Show

GitP user name :Strife Warzeal
    Gamertag :*aafro1109

GITP Name : thugthrasher
    Gamertag*: thugthrasher

GITP Name: Psyren
    Gamertag: Psyren Y
    Preferred Classes: Casters

GITP Name : Thanatos 51-50
    Gamertag*: Saalaksin
    Preferred Classes : infiltrator, nova!guard

GitP Name: SiuiS
    Gamertag: Starry Notions
    Classes: Any, infiltrator

GitP: James the Dark
    Gamertag: Jacob Greyson
    Classes : Sentinel

GitP Poster: Tome
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Classes: Vanguard, Adept

GiTP name: Polity4life
    Gamertag: ManofOpposites

GitP name: Alaris
    Gamertag: Alarikun
    Classes: Infiltrator

GitP name: Sanguine
    Gamertag: Kugger

GitP name: Wagadodo
    Gamertag: Wagadodo
    Classes : gunners, any

Giantitp username: Fawkes
    Gamertag: Mechafox

GiTP Name: Yana
    Gamertag: The 1337 Doctor

GitP Name: Wraith
    Gamertag: o IIIusionist o
    Classes: Engineer/Sentinel

GitP Name: thorgrim29
    Gamertag: thorgrim29
    Classes : any (vanguard)

GitP Name: Derthric
    Gamertag: Derthric
    Classes: Salarians

GitP Name: Xondure
    Gamertag: Royal LP

GitP Name: kamikasei
    Gamertag: amanadiel

GitP Name: Mr. Blinky
    Gamertag: Hells DM

GitP name: Krade
    Gamertag: Krade2k20

GITP Name: Edge
    Gamertag:UnbrokenUnbowed
    Classes: casters

GiTP Name: Beowulf DW
    Gamertag: MechaBeowulf DW
    Classes: Vanguard, adept, Soldier

GITP Name : Moogleking
    Gamertag:MK8Bit
    Classes: Human Engineer, Quarian Infiltrator

GITP Name: CreganTur
    Gamertag: CreganTur

PS3:

Spoiler
    Show

GitP Name: Lycan 01
    Gamertag: Ralix_57
    Classes: Quarian Infiltrator, sentinel

GITP Name : Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Gamertag*: TheFullbladder

GiTP Name: C-Lam
    Gamertag: Crystal1995

bioware page archiving useful information
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-11-05 at 04:57 PM.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Don't forget to add Triscuitable and that other guy to the PC list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Grouping updated and general neatness added.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Mmm... Digging that "new thread" smell.

Finally unlocked my Quarian Male Engineer, but I just can't seem to find the enthusiasm to try it out - seems too similar to the QMI. Still, only one more class to go, the N7 Paladin, and I've unlocked them all. Yay!
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I'm still experimenting with the N7 Slayer, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, which makes me immensely happy. I've been playing as soldiers and vanguards since the first Mass Effect, and I was more than a little let down when I saw how much power Vanguards and Soldiers seemed lose in multiplayer as the difficulty increased, at least initially. Most of the reason that I was so happy with the Destroyer and the Slayer was I could use them confidently on Gold and Platinum. Anyway, I've found that although Biotic Slash is certainly powerful, it's not nearly as fun as Phase Disruptor. Interestingly, I don't notice much of a decrease in effectiveness when I choose to use Phase Disruptor over Biotic Slash, provided that adjust my tactics accordingly. Phase Disruptor encourages the use of "Classic" Vanguard tactics: weaken at range, charge in, finish the job. The key to applying this tactic in Gold and Platinum (in my experience) is to be smart about where and when you charge. I usually only charge when an enemy is close to my team, so that I know that I won't be targeted and killed instantly. I always take the weapon damage upgrade for charge, so it's a great way to boost my damage when things start getting dicey. Until the enemies get that close, however, I can still harass them with Phase Disruptor. I'm also finding that it pays to have an assault rifle or smg equipped on my Slayer rather than a shotgun, so that I can weaken enemies as they come in, then charge and unload on them.

Long story short, the next time I get the chance to reset my powers, I'm going to go for 6 in Phase Disruptor, and I think I'll grab at least one weapon damage upgrade in the Slayer passive. The smgs and assault rifles that I use most often don't weigh much anymore, anyway. I think I might go to rank 3 in Biotic Slash to help set off detonations, and to rank 5 in fitness, relying on my Stronghold package to make up the difference in shields.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-09-02 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Well, I'm still experimenting with the N7 Slayer, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, which makes me immensely happy. I've been playing as soldiers and vanguards since the first Mass Effect, and I was more than a little let down when I saw how much power Vanguards and Soldiers seemed lose in multiplayer as the difficulty increased, at least initially. Most of the reason that I was so happy with the Destroyer and the Slayer was I could use them confidently on Gold and Platinum. Anyway, I've found that although Biotic Slash is certainly powerful, it's not nearly as fun as Phase Disruptor. Interestingly, I don't notice much of a decrease in effectiveness when I choose to use Phase Disruptor over Biotic Slash, provided that adjust my tactics accordingly. Phase Disruptor encourages the use of "Classic" Vanguard tactics: weaken at range, charge in, finish the job. The key to applying this tactic in Gold and Platinum (in my experience) is to be smart about where and when you charge. I usually only charge when an enemy is close to my team, so that I know that I won't be targeted and killed instantly. I always take the weapon damage upgrade for charge, so it's a great way to boost my damage when things start getting dicey. Until the enemies get that close, however, I can still harass them with Phase Disruptor. I'm also finding that it pays to have an assault rifle or smg equipped on my Slayer rather than a shotgun, so that I can weaken enemies as they come in, then charge and unload on them.

Long story short, the next time I get the chance to reset my powers, I'm going to go for 6 in Phase Disruptor, and I think I'll grab at least one weapon damage upgrade in the Slayer passive. The smgs and assault rifles that I use most often don't weigh much anymore, anyway. I think I might go to rank 3 in Biotic Slash to help set off detonations, and to rank 5 in fitness, relying on my Stronghold package to make up the difference in shields.
    Why not rely on charge for detonation?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Because I forgot that it could do that .

Also because, as I said, Charging isn't appropriate in all situations. Charging across a room just to detonate a power will get you killed. Sending a Biotic slash across the room on the other hand...

Additionally, since Phase Disruptor is considered a combat power by the game, it can set off tech bursts. This should allow me to fit into just about any group.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Grouping updated and general neatness added.
    You grabbed the updated lists right? Cool.
    Feel free to take the quote tags off, if you'd like. That way it's easier for the next guy. And thanks for the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Mmm... Digging that "new thread" smell.

Finally unlocked my Quarian Male Engineer, but I just can't seem to find the enthusiasm to try it out - seems too similar to the QMI. Still, only one more class to go, the N7 Paladin, and I've unlocked them all. Yay!
    You'll have to do what most folks do with the phoenixes, an purposefully build them differently. I give my QMI a heavier, sniper-based load out, Tac scan, cloak, and minor grenade use. I give the QME full DoT grenades, full AP incinerate, and a light gun so I can launch incinerate/arc grenade/incinerate, guaranteeing both a tech burst and fire burst, and obliterating the targets. It pays at that point to target mooks more than heavies, so you get the fire burst a the end. Also, use Tac scan for damage boost over area scan. You'll need it.

Interesting. Did you get a chance to see my thing on the last page of th last thread? I'd like to compare notes, take suggestions.

EDIT: grabbed it, here ya go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Been playing around with Phase disruptor a bit (and with the original mass effect, actually) an have some thoughts.

Phase disruptor is a very all-or-nothing power. It's neat to have something that fires off so quick during recharge, but unless you're going to make it good, then you shouldn't put any points into it at all.

That said, it also seems to have two prime configurations - either mook mop up or targeted damaging blast. I made a mistake in the startup and have not tried out the damaging version yet. The radius and knock down upgrades, together with shield damage, is phenomenal. Crowds of hunters, pyros, phantoms, marauders, etc. all get knocked about lot popcorn flying off a cob. Aiming is a bit finicky, but the huge area of effect, the almost guaranteed stager and the almost guaranteed removal of target shields is amazing. It's almost like a grenade.

The damage option would then be damage/efficiency/target of choice (I'd say armor), and being able to put out three shots at high output can do a number on any resilient target or group of targets. Theoretically mixing area and efficiency, or damage and knockdown, would be workable but those combinations really don't work so well, with exception of radius/efficiency/shield damage when a press gang of hunters or phantoms come your way. More blasts means more chances to escape.

Finally, phase disruptor is a trick power. It's a terrible power to use in the first five levels, and you get more out of using say, a single point of biotic slash and the rest of your points in N7 Slayer training (or fitness, I haven't ruled melee out yet, not entirely), and pickin up phase disruptor when you are able to carry a decent gun or boost your powers enough to matter. But going from 1-20, you'll pick suboptimal choices just to survive the next match.

Also, at Max fitness, you have enough strength to carry a phaeston at 200% an still grab the weapon damage boost for the final evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Safety primarily. If you biotic charge a prime on gold/platinum, he may go down, but the other two right behind him will have a clear shot and then camp your body during the bleed-out.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-02 at 09:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Interesting. Did you get a chance to see my thing on the last page of th last thread? I'd like to compare notes, take suggestions.

Also, at Max fitness, you have enough strength to carry a phaeston at 200% an still grab the weapon damage boost for the final evolution.
    Yes, I saw your post. It seems that you have the same upgrades that I do. I find the knockback invaluable, and the shield damage is great against most of the things that are trying to kill you.

I didn't know that fitness contributed to weight capacity.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

It doesn't. I just use "fitness" and "passive" as shorthand and derp'd which one to pull out. I was thinking about getting fitness upto five, for the girls recharge speed, and it must have bled over.

I've learned to use phase disruptor slowly, too, as all it takes is a single rocket trooper to hit you while your shield is at half, and you drop like rocks.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Here's what I've been running in the campaign lately:

• Maxxed Tech Armor, going tanking.
    • Maxed Fitness, also tanking that.
    • Lift Grenades (with capacity).
    • Throw and Warp, combo specced.
    • Particle Rifle, Indra, Shrapnel Shotgun, N7 Hurricane, Carnifex.
    • Liara and EDI (when your skill regenerate in a half minute, you need the backup).
    • Custom Armor/Reckoner Knight (dual Omni-Blades, baby).
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Here's what I've been running in the campaign lately:

• Maxxed Tech Armor, going tanking.
    • Maxed Fitness, also tanking that.
    • Lift Grenades (with capacity).
    • Throw and Warp, combo specced.
    • Particle Rifle, Indra, Shrapnel Shotgun, N7 Hurricane, Carnifex.
    • Liara and EDI (when your skill regenerate in a half minute, you need the backup).
    • Custom Armor/Reckoner Knight (dual Omni-Blades, baby).
    Interesting choices. I have to ask, why a gun in every slot? The particle rifle alone can handle pretty much everything, with maybe a scope-and-barrel on a pistol for distance precision.

What do you have in your passive skill? I remember as a vanguard I was toting the entire bottom row with no penalty, a tempest or locust, a disciple and a Carnifex. Though I honestly probably should have switched out the disciple; the Carnifex pretty much covered all my non automatic fire needs.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Interesting choices. I have to ask, why a gun in every slot? The particle rifle alone can handle pretty much everything, with maybe a scope-and-barrel on a pistol for distance precision.

What do you have in your passive skill? I remember as a vanguard I was toting the entire bottom row with no penalty, a tempest or locust, a disciple and a Carnifex. Though I honestly probably should have switched out the disciple; the Carnifex pretty much covered all my non automatic fire needs.
    A gun in every slot does seem kind of excessive. I'm currently playing as a soldier, and even I'm not packing that kind of that kind of firepower.

Having one very powerful, slow-firing weapon (sniper rifle or shotgun) and then one rapid-fire weapon (smg or assault rifle) along with a back up (pistols, or one of the lighter assault rifles) is usually enough for my purposes.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend to go with Phasteon or a Geth rifle and a Javelin or Widow/Black Widow.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

When you're waiting on no skills to regenerate, relying on your allies instead, tanking with tech armor and other defenses makes you almost untouchable. Thus, I can stock almost any gun for any situation. If I took the N7 Crusader and the Particle Rifle, I'm already at 200%, so I have no reason not to equip 5 weapons.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

When you're waiting on no skills to regenerate, relying on your allies instead, tanking with tech armor and other defenses makes you almost untouchable. Thus, I can stock almost any gun for any situation. If I took the N7 Crusader and the Particle Rifle, I'm already at 200%, so I have no reason not to equip 5 weapons.
    Huh. I must admit that an idea like that never occurred to me. I'll have to try it sometime. That would likely never work in multiplayer, but in singleplayer it could be rather fun.

What other defensive powers are you using? Fortification? Defense Matrix?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

The latter. It stacks with Tech Armor, while Fortification cancels it. Since Tech Armor doesn't detonate until you manually input the command, you can effectively rely on those powers without need for cover.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The latter. It stacks with Tech Armor, while Fortification cancels it. Since Tech Armor doesn't detonate until you manually input the command, you can effectively rely on those powers without need for cover.
    Very interesting. If I may bother you one more time, what difficulty do you usually play on?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Very interesting. If I may bother you one more time, what difficulty do you usually play on?
    Hardcore and Insanity. On Insanity, I'm more likely to use just the Particle Rifle, respec with just Biotics, and go aggro with Tech powers and Lift grenades. I'll take Ashley and Javik for a +50% power regen.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

This is where I startup wonder, though; the particle rifle an the crusader fulfill the same function. Pinpoint accuracy, and there's no reason to put anything but the AP and thermal capacity mods on the particle rifle.

And with good team mates, even with defense matrix, and tech armor, you'll b able to net a recharge somewhere in the +180% range. I was able to get my recharge on powers down to the hard limits, and after doing some math I sill had some recharge speed bonus to spare.

Not that what you're doing is bad! Actually, I am impresse by your survivability. It outstripped my own with the same set up. I just thought you painte yourself Ito a corer, by giving yourself such high recharges you needed weapons, and needin weapons forcing a high recharge

Huh. I must admit that an idea like that never occurred to me. I'll have to try it sometime. That would likely never work in multiplayer, but in singleplayer it could be rather fun.

it's viable if you're surgical about enemy avoidance.
    Krogan sentinel, maxed DR on both tech armor and rage (although I prefer the two kills in 30s evolution at the end), and the heaviest, baddest weapons you can find. I used claymore and black widow - black widow for more than one round in a clip, claymore for the insane instantaneous damage and bayonet slot, and Krogan melee or Krogan melee. Smack two husks, sudden 90% DR.

And now, there's an omniblade bayonet, so you aren't stuck with a shotgun if you don't want it. Which means the combinations just increased by an order of magnitude, doesn't it? Viable shotguns are claymore, wraith, piranha, possibly disciple; viable ARs would be Revenant, Harrier, typhoon, Phaeston, particle rifle; viable snipers would be widow, black widow, valiant, javelin, kishock; viable pistols would be talon, paladin, carnifex, and acolyte.
    Suddenly the funniest thing in the world is a Krogan with an SMG.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hardcore and Insanity. On Insanity, I'm more likely to use just the Particle Rifle, respec with just Biotics, and go aggro with Tech powers and Lift grenades. I'll take Ashley and Javik for a +50% power regen.
    Thank you.

In other news...IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I have a Piranha! Good Lord, it's everything I'd hoped it would be!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Thank you.

In other news...IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I have a Piranha! Good Lord, it's everything I'd hoped it would be!
    Play around with mods and such! Use class powers to increase accuracy, stability and rate of fire. It's like playing on bronze again sometimes, but with thirty times the credits!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Spamalot in the Playground

I finally got the last classes I wanted, i.e. the Cerberus Adept/Vanguard, so I'm switching back to Vet/Equip packs for a spell to restock my consumables.

But I gotta give props to TIM, this is the most fun Adept/Vanguard I've ever played. Smash-cancelling to knock 4 bars off an Atlas - FUN! Lashing Phantoms off the map - FUN! Spamming heavy melee on hack to reveal all the Hunters sneaking in - FUN!

Pity the range is so weak on Smash. But I guess that means I'll go with the Vanguard so I can get in close more easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Spamming heavy melee on hack to reveal all the Hunters sneaking in - FUN!
    Why did I never think of this?

Pity the range is so weak on Smash. But I guess that means I'll go with the Vanguard so I can get in close more easily.
    Actually, not so much. The Charge cooldown makes using Smash tricky, and usually by the time your Charge is cooled down, you'll want to Charge again, in my experience.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

I find myself playing with the Destroyer more than anything getting my jollies on actually being able to hit people with my guns. With my Cerberus Harrier I am headshotting things like crazy. Cerberus guys don't really know what hit them. And I got the Piranha III going right now, though I got it on my very last pack I bought before quiting for the weekend to spend time with the wife.

On the destroyer, do people think it is worth going with the Accuracy?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wagadodo View Post
    On the destroyer, do people think it is worth going with the Accuracy?
    It depends on what gun you're using.

Single-shot weapons like sniper rifles or the Mattock generally don't care, because they tend to hit where you point them anyway.

Big, beefy dakka-guns like the Revenant or Hurricane really benefit from it though, since they tend to spray their bullets around a bit.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

27. - Top - End - #27
    Spamalot in the Playground

If you want dakka AND accuracy, the GPR and Phaeston are decent at both. Pretty weak though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Actually, not so much. The Charge cooldown makes using Smash tricky, and usually by the time your Charge is cooled down, you'll want to Charge again, in my experience.
    I'd probably do Lash -> Lash -> {...repeat until my shields drop/enemy dies} -> Area Charge -> Heavy Melee to AoE stun -> Smash Cancel. That should be enough to kill most enemies. Sort of like a Novaguard, only my shields don't drop when I nova.

The Power Synergy evolution of Fitness (+50% power damage after I kill an enemy with a HM) might be good here, but I doubt I'll have the points to spare for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Play around with mods and such! Use class powers to increase accuracy, stability and rate of fire. It's like playing on bronze again sometimes, but with thirty times the credits!
    I tried using the piercing mod and the extended barrel mod for it's maiden fight. I was on Gold Reaper Reactor with a few people who apparently didn't play on Gold very much. They milled around the spawn point instead of making a break for the "stronghold." The enemies were already spawning, so I activated Devastator Mode, drew the Piranha, and charged into the center. I mowed down four Cannibals, three husks and two Marauders in about the time it takes to shoot and reload a Claymore. Two of the other players caught on to what I was trying to do and rushed into the breach I created, mopping up anything that I had missed, and dug in for the long haul. Banshees and brutes fell faster than I've ever seen them fall since I started playing Gold and Platinum rather than Bronze and Silver.

I think I'll put a smart choke on it from now on, though. Smart choke with the piercing mod should allow me to shred groups and single targets.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I'd probably do Lash -> Lash -> {...repeat until my shields drop/enemy dies} -> Area Charge -> Heavy Melee to AoE stun -> Smash Cancel. That should be enough to kill most enemies. Sort of like a Novaguard, only my shields don't drop when I nova.
    This is pretty much what I was going to say. If you're playing a Cerberus Vanguard, Smash is your 'odd' power in that it doesn't synergise very well with your other abilities, so you have to find a specific use for it.

Charge => Heavy Melee => Heavy Melee => Charge, seems to work best for me. Smash only comes out when I know there's an enemy on the other side of a wall and I'm too lazy to walk around and find them, or when I walk around a corner and find there's half a dozen Geth Infiltrators waiting for me and I can't target them with Charge.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll put a smart choke on it from now on, though. Smart choke with the piercing mod should allow me to shred groups and single targets.
    If you've got AP ammo available, use the barrel and smart choke alongside it.

Relish your Unlimited Power(TM)!