New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Just report his ass. He was one of the cheaters, right?

I was wondering why my Raptor 5 was so underwhelming.
    Someone determined with maths that, on Gold, Marauders use a level 24(maybe) Phaeston and Nemesis use a level 200-something? (can't remember at all but really high) Raptor.

Edit: I might be able to find the numbers, but I'm feeling lazy. Also, I seem to remember the codex saying the Nemesis was equipped with a Widow, even though they are obviously carrying a Raptor.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-10-02 at 11:33 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Someone determined with maths that, on Gold, Marauders use a level 24(maybe) Phaeston and Nemesis use a level 200-something? (can't remember at all but really high) Raptor.
    ... Where the H**l are those in my onboard store screen? *Grumble*level 200-plus Raptor*grumble*
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

So, during the extended maintence downtime for this place, we got our next multiplayer DLC announced. Retaliation (trailer), coming October 9th. Big stuff in this one:

• New Faction: The Collectors
    • New enemy troops: Dragoon for Cerberus, Drones for Geth.
    • New classes: Turian Havoc Soldier, Turian Ghost Infiltrator, "with many more being added on a regular basis."
    • New "hazard" versions of stages - not entirely new stages, but five existing ones will now have versions with what amount to traps throughout them, such as acid and seeker swarms.
    • New weapons: Collector Assault Rifle, Collector SMG, Collector Sniper Rifle.
    • New ammo mods and gear (unspecified).
    • New "Challenge" feature: basically an achievement system which earns you points that can be used to unlock banners and titles.

On top of that, someone found in the patch that dropped the other day the names of quite a few more classes, perhaps for this DLC or future ones (or possibly just ideas that may never be, for all we know). Most don't have regular class names, so what they are is just speculation, but I like what I see for the most part:

Turian Saboteur Vanguard
    Asari Valkyrie (Sentinel? Soldier?)
    Asari Huntress (Infiltrator? Vanguard?)
    Quarian Marksman (Infiltrator? Soldier?)
    Volus Engineer
    Volus Adept
    Volus Mercenary (Soldier? Vanguard?)
    Volus Protector (Sentinel?)
    Drell Assassin (Infiltrator?)
    Geth Trooper (Soldier?)
    Krogan Shaman (Adept?)
    Batarian Slasher (Soldier? Sentinel?)
    Batarian Brawler (Soldier? Vanguard?)
    Vorcha Hunter (Infiltrator?)

The Volus are a surprise, but one I'm eager to see in action. I'd also love to try out an Asari Sentinel or Krogan Shaman, if I'm right about those. Oh, and Turian Vanguard too, that would be awesome. Which is good, because the classes announced for the DLC as-is don't do anything for me, being a Soldier and an Infiltrator.

Anyway though, great to see a new faction being added into the mix - we've needed that for a long time. I'm less pleased with the "hazard" stages - I want to fight the enemies, not the terrain. But not much for it I suppose. Of course, just my luck, it releases on the same day as XCOM, so if that game proves at all enjoyable, it'll be a week or two minimum before I get around to playing this. Ce la vie, I suppose.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-10-06 at 06:59 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Niiiiice. I'm looking forward to see all this, even if some or most of it won't see the light of day. I picked the right time to get back into ME3 multiplayer. Of course, good luck unlocking all this stuff...
    Also, I managed to unlock the Male Quarian Infiltrator. Any tips on leveling him? I think I won't be dropping any powers - both Tactical Scan and Arc Grenade look worthwhile. I've seen people cause a lot of carnage with the latter.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

OKay... revisiting my old statement: I think it has to do with the controls, too. There is something... slightly off with the controls compared to ME2. Not as bad as ME1, of course, where the Random Number God would make you miss no matter how good you aimed if your skill was too low, but it's just more sluggish in response to my mouse movements, I think. That in combination with the gun sounds (which are not as bad as I first thought, but I still feel they sounded better in ME2) causes annoyances for me at times.

Other than that... I LOVE the Turian anti-material rifle (read: rocket launcher). Cerberus are a pleasure to fight when you insta-gibbs everything you point at. My other favorite weapon is the Scorpion. Both of these also have the instant benefit that they are truly unique in their firing patterns, so you can tell when a friend is helping you out. If I get sloppy and exit cover too soon, and the guy in front of me just explodes... Thank you Garrus!

Also, I obviouly did things in the wrong order when the first quest I did was Leviathan. That was... HARD even at lvl 38. Absolutely amazing DLC though, and helps explaining a lot of stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those 400 points you get at the end help, too!
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2012-10-06 at 07:48 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

I might actually play again when this new pack drops.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Banned

Just report his ass. He was one of the cheaters, right?.
    Oh, definitely did. Still not as viscerally satisfying though. I'm a bad person in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post

Edit: I might be able to find the numbers, but I'm feeling lazy. Also, I seem to remember the codex saying the Nemesis was equipped with a Widow, even though they are obviously carrying a Raptor.
    I distinctly recall the raptor being called out as the nemesis weapon, myself.
    And really, think about it. She goes down in like, two shots. That means all her skill points are in Assassinate, Class Passive (split between weapon and power boosts, surely!) and some variant of tac cloak. That's a good percent boost right there! And I know a Raptor X isn't even 100% better than a Raptor I, so it probably covers it.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The stuff for the upcoming DLC is like a dream come true for me. The turian with the jump jets looks like what I had in mind for a non-biotic Vanguard class (i.e. a Vanguard that uses some form of tech to charge).

At any rate, it's nice to see the Turians getting some love. They're one of my favorite races.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-10-06 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, I succumbed to curiosity and bought Leviathan (haven't played it and don't plan to until I get closer to the final Cerberus mission). However, I bought some extra Bioware points on the same (an extra 10$ worth ). That left me enough points for 3 PS packs and 1 Veteran pack, all of which I bought immediately. However, clicking the button to buy PS Packs 2 and 3, as well as Veteran 1, failed to do anything besides deplete my Bioware points. Is there a handy link or phone number which I can call and complain?
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    The stuff for the upcoming DLC is like a dream come true for me. The turian with the jump jets looks like what I had in mind for a non-biotic Vanguard class (i.e. a Vanguard that uses some form of tech to charge).

At any rate, it's nice to see the Turians getting some love. They're one of my favorite races.
    That's what I said! I even got some guff for hopin it was a vanguard, so I feel totes vindicated right now.
    There will be scootaloo's all over the place, come the dlc.

So, I succumbed to curiosity and bought Leviathan (haven't played it and don't plan to until I get closer to the final Cerberus mission). However, I bought some extra Bioware points on the same (an extra 10$ worth ). That left me enough points for 3 PS packs and 1 Veteran pack, all of which I bought immediately. However, clicking the button to buy PS Packs 2 and 3, as well as Veteran 1, failed to do anything besides deplete my Bioware points. Is there a handy link or phone number which I can call and complain?
    there is, I believe at the end of last thread. I can't remember it, but was posted by Krade I believe.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    That's what I said! I even got some guff for hopin it was a vanguard, so I feel totes vindicated right now.
    It won't be a Vanguard, one of the basic tenets of the Vanguard class is "it must have BIOTIC Charge" thereby severely limiting the non-biotic characters who can be Vanguards. However, it'll probably be close enough that it doesn't matter (N7 Shadow's close enough to an Infiltrator Vanguard, right?).

there is, I believe at the end of last thread. I can't remember it, but was posted by Krade I believe.
    I already found it. Turns out there's an "Answer HQ" set up by the social.bioware guy, with numerous people getting answers to their problems, plus a link to the EA help site.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

The link I posted was for Commendation Pack troubles, specifically. Other issues are not covered.

I am also very excited for the new DLC and also very bummed that it has to come out against XCOM. And ALSO also very bummed that two days later I'm going to Maryland for the Baltimore/DC area meetup. So I'll have 3 (Borderlands 2 is in that lot as well) different awesome games to play and I'm taking a 4-5 day trip 2 days later.

I believe "First World Problems" applies here.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-10-06 at 05:14 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I'm pretty sure that what we saw is the Turian Havoc Soldier. Still looks close enough to a Vanguard, though. Although, Sentinels are suppose to combine tech and biotic powers, but there are plenty that don't have biotics at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

It won't be a Vanguard, one of the basic tenets of the Vanguard class is "it must have BIOTIC Charge" thereby severely limiting the non-biotic characters who can be Vanguards.
    Since Turians can use biotics, that's no obstacle. That particular class isn't a Vanguard, of course, but there's no reason Turians can't be Vanguards. Plus you'll note that there was a Turian Vanguard among the class names found in the patch's data, so, yeah.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Most don't have regular class names, so what they are is just speculation, but I like what I see for the most part:
    I'mma still not seein' my Hanar Spectre class, Bioware...!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'mma still not seein' my Hanar Spectre class, Bioware...!
    "This one has forgotten wiether it's weapon is charged with incindeary rounds."

Oh, bull crap. You can see the glowy red thing right there.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've just played Leviathan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that certainly seems like something created after-the-fact to explain the plot holes of the ending, now doesn't it? I suppose it does so as well as is possible, too, so I'll give them credit where it's due there.

I don't know, honestly. On its own merits, it's a pretty good piece of DLC. Well executed storytelling, good payoff, decent fights, decent length. But at the same time the fact that it comes off as just another attempt to fix that mess leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather that just be put behind us - since the different endings are far too divergent, it's obvious that future games will be set prior to ME3's ending, so it may as well be ignored from here on out.

I also can't help but notice that it ends up with your new allies being potentially a bigger threat to you than the Reapers, when all's said and done. Leviathan openly admits that its race mind-controlled all other races into being their slaves back when they ruled the galaxy, and plainly they haven't become any more hesitant to use that power over the eons since. Their abilities in that regard are far greater than mere indoctrination, and those orbs also give them the ability to exert that power over exponentially larger distances than the Reapers ever could. And to top it all off, they seem to be able to shut down technology at will, what with grounding those ships so easily, the log on one that mentions that the affected areas seemed undamaged and not blocked by some shielding but still were completely non-responsive, and of course the whole part at the end where they just shut a Reaper down entirely without even emerging from their underwater lair.

About the only thing that might prevent them from just deciding to take back over once the Reapers are gone in Destruction is their presumably low numbers - though given the survivors have had eons to repopulate, who knows exactly how low that number may or may not be. And how many they may need to do a takeover is an open question given the kind of powers they have.

In Control or Synthesis, I suppose the Reapers themselves could prevent such a takeover, ironically enough, since they're at least a genuine threat to this race. But considering that Shepard and the others don't know those will be options when convincing these things to help them... yeah, it kind of looks like one hell of a double-edged sword, to say the least.

Zevox

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've just played Leviathan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that certainly seems like something created after-the-fact to explain the plot holes of the ending, now doesn't it? I suppose it does so as well as is possible, too, so I'll give them credit where it's due there.

I don't know, honestly. On its own merits, it's a pretty good piece of DLC. Well executed storytelling, good payoff, decent fights, decent length. But at the same time the fact that it comes off as just another attempt to fix that mess leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather that just be put behind us - since the different endings are far too divergent, it's obvious that future games will be set prior to ME3's ending, so it may as well be ignored from here on out.

I also can't help but notice that it ends up with your new allies being potentially a bigger threat to you than the Reapers, when all's said and done. Leviathan openly admits that its race mind-controlled all other races into being their slaves back when they ruled the galaxy, and plainly they haven't become any more hesitant to use that power over the eons since. Their abilities in that regard are far greater than mere indoctrination, and those orbs also give them the ability to exert that power over exponentially larger distances than the Reapers ever could. And to top it all off, they seem to be able to shut down technology at will, what with grounding those ships so easily, the log on one that mentions that the affected areas seemed undamaged and not blocked by some shielding but still were completely non-responsive, and of course the whole part at the end where they just shut a Reaper down entirely without even emerging from their underwater lair.

About the only thing that might prevent them from just deciding to take back over once the Reapers are gone in Destruction is their presumably low numbers - though given the survivors have had eons to repopulate, who knows exactly how low that number may or may not be. And how many they may need to do a takeover is an open question given the kind of powers they have.

In Control or Synthesis, I suppose the Reapers themselves could prevent such a takeover, ironically enough, since they're at least a genuine threat to this race. But considering that Shepard and the others don't know those will be options when convincing these things to help them... yeah, it kind of looks like one hell of a double-edged sword, to say the least.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I said, I really really liked it. Yes, the story as such should probably have been in the base game, if only to ease the reaction about the ending. However it does not feel like you describe to me, it feels like this is how they planned to tell the story from the start.

And yes, the Leviathans could be a great threat at the end, but if you listen to what he (it?) says is that when they themselves grew powerful enough, they only wanted what was best for their "pets"; the way he says "But we could not protect them from themselves" suggests they at that point mainly took a hands-off approach.

My main reaction was more along the lines of "what role will they play in the next game?" (And yes, Bioware has said they are not done with this universe, but there will be no more games about Shepard, or set in this time period (all hints I have seen say the next project takes place after the end of ME3, probably a fair bit).

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Leviathan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    And yes, the Leviathans could be a great threat at the end, but if you listen to what he (it?) says is that when they themselves grew powerful enough, they only wanted what was best for their "pets"; the way he says "But we could not protect them from themselves" suggests they at that point mainly took a hands-off approach.
    Yeah, I'm completely not willing to trust that the species that engages in extremely casual mind-control has anyone but their own best interests in mind. They certainly gave no indication of that from what we saw. They may frame it that way (which is itself debatable, I may add, unless you have something more explicit than that statement), but that doesn't mean that's the way it actually was.

My main reaction was more along the lines of "what role will they play in the next game?" (And yes, Bioware has said they are not done with this universe, but there will be no more games about Shepard, or set in this time period (all hints I have seen say the next project takes place after the end of ME3, probably a fair bit).
    I doubt it. No matter how far in the future it was set, the differences in the endings remain.

Destroy ends with the galaxy more or less as before, but minus the Geth and other synthetic life, if they had survived to that point at all. Fast-forward enough and you may have new synthetic life again, basically returning things to the status quo.

Control ends with a Shepard-based AI controlling the Reapers in the Catalyst's place. Which will inevitably radically alter the way galactic society develops - and can itself result in quite a few different potential paths for things to take, depending on what the Shepard AI uses the Reapers for. Given the Reapers and Catalyst have no apparent limit to the time span over which they can function, fast-forwarding will not change this.

Synthesis completely changes all life as we know it, no two ways about that regardless of how much time passes.

I think we can assume that Deny will be ignored, so I won't mention the issues there, though they're obvious enough.

So, yeah, three very different new status quos, and no amount of time-skipping will bring them together. There's no way to make a game that accounts for all three possibilities, so they only way to continue the setting post-ME3 would be to make on cannon, which given we're talking about Bioware here, is quite unlikely. So I feel quite confident that your hints are wrong.

Zevox

20. - Top - End - #350
    Banned

It won't be a Vanguard, one of the basic tenets of the Vanguard class is "it must have BIOTIC Charge" thereby severely limiting the non-biotic characters who can be Vanguards. However, it'll probably be close enough that it doesn't matter (N7 Shadow's close enough to an Infiltrator Vanguard, right?).
    A vanguard is a biotic soldier. Biotic charge is nice, and emblematic of the suppose training a vanguard receives towards CQC. So is their shotgun proficiency, and so was their melee damage boost. But a vanguard is not defined by biotic charge.

However, assuming a vanguard is so defined, there is no difference between a biotic using biotic charge and a non biotic using biotic charge via a mass reduction field and leg thrusters. An all tech biotic has been discussed before, when we were hoping to get a geth unit in the Adept class line up. I think the Cerberus lash technique is porridge of concept towards tech functioning as a biotic technique.

Zevox;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leviathan was slated to come down the pipe from the get-go – they began programming it before the disk launched. It was always going to be the explanation. You could in fact, argue that the Extended Cut was bad, as fans throwing a hissy fit spoiled the fix they were already going to give us.

My Xbox live account expired today, and it will be a week or do before I get it renewed... Hope nothing too cool comes in that commendation pack I earned. Gotta say, clearing a speed run was fun. Best time was 14 minutes, with a Turian soldier of all things.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Of all the items on that list, the ones I really think are fake one way or another are the Volus. Can you imagine the Volus in ME3 multiplayer? The way they look in the trilogy, they couldn't even hold most weapons.
    As for Leviathan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It does look good, from what I've read, but I won't buy any DLC after the ending fiasco. Whether or not it was supposed to end up in the game or was made up as another attempt to patch up the plot holes doesn't really matter. The ending was a catastrophe and I'm more or less done with the Mass Effect series for the time being, except for the multiplayer.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

I doubt it. No matter how far in the future it was set, the differences in the endings remain.

Destroy ends with the galaxy more or less as before, but minus the Geth and other synthetic life, if they had survived to that point at all. Fast-forward enough and you may have new synthetic life again, basically returning things to the status quo.

Control ends with a Shepard-based AI controlling the Reapers in the Catalyst's place. Which will inevitably radically alter the way galactic society develops - and can itself result in quite a few different potential paths for things to take, depending on what the Shepard AI uses the Reapers for. Given the Reapers and Catalyst have no apparent limit to the time span over which they can function, fast-forwarding will not change this.

Synthesis completely changes all life as we know it, no two ways about that regardless of how much time passes.

I think we can assume that Deny will be ignored, so I won't mention the issues there, though they're obvious enough.

So, yeah, three very different new status quos, and no amount of time-skipping will bring them together. There's no way to make a game that accounts for all three possibilities, so they only way to continue the setting post-ME3 would be to make on cannon, which given we're talking about Bioware here, is quite unlikely. So I feel quite confident that your hints are wrong.[/spoiler]
    Zevox
    Since this, in itself, is not a spoiler anymore I have removed the tags.

Bioware have stated that the Mass Effect franchise will live on. And they have hinted on that whatever comes next takes place after the ending, sans Shepard. Personally I am quite excited, actually. The possibilities are endless, almost. Maybe they in the end will treat the first three games as the equivalent of the fight against Morgoth; an incredible detailed backstory a long time ago.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Volus Adept
    You know that if they make one the secondary passive tree will be called "Biotic God" and he will debut the new ability "Great Wind."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    You know that if they make one the secondary passive tree will be called "Biotic God" and he will debut the new ability "Great Wind."
    "I fart in your general direction"?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Last time I went through that fight, the conversation went something like: "You hurt the god of biotics? EAT CAIN!"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Last time I went through that fight, the conversation went something like: "You hurt the god of biotics? EAT CAIN!"
    I usually just spam the rocket launcher (the self-targeting one). 17 missiles empties that room. You don't even have to aim.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So the kerfluffle with the missing Spectre packs has been resolved (to my surprise when I got everything from that string of purchases in one big bolus), and I now have both a Demolisher and a Shadow. Surprisingly, this has given me a full complement of Engineers and Infiltrators, as well as some weapon upgrades that I don't really care about (I mean really, they gave me a Hornet 7 in one of those ). After a few more matches, I have a fully-specced Destroyer, with Typhoon and Claymore in hand, and a fully specced Salarian Engineer (which, of course, I will use for Geth farming). I guess my question is: Where should I go next? What's the best way to get easy levels on an Infiltrator (i.e. what should be the training wheels?)
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-10-07 at 02:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

I usually just spam the rocket launcher (the self-targeting one). 17 missiles empties that room. You don't even have to aim.
    I find that nuking things is more satisfying than rockets. (The grenade launcher auto-aims as well, judging by when I shot one at the gunship in that level.)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

I seem to be lucky lately. I unlocked another new character - this time the Ex-Cerberus Adept. Hopefully he'll work better than the Ex-Cerberus Vanguard. I can't seem to get that one right. I guess I'll spread my points evenly, but I'm not sure which skills to max. I guess I'll get Lash and Smash to 6, even though Singularity is better now.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Zevox;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leviathan was slated to come down the pipe from the get-go – they began programming it before the disk launched. It was always going to be the explanation. You could in fact, argue that the Extended Cut was bad, as fans throwing a hissy fit spoiled the fix they were already going to give us.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even if that is the case, it's still patching up the ending's plot-holes - it just means that they released that the ending had serious problems before the release. Which is nice to know I guess, but doesn't really change my reaction to the whole matter.

Since this, in itself, is not a spoiler anymore I have removed the tags.

Bioware have stated that the Mass Effect franchise will live on. And they have hinted on that whatever comes next takes place after the ending, sans Shepard. Personally I am quite excited, actually. The possibilities are endless, almost. Maybe they in the end will treat the first three games as the equivalent of the fight against Morgoth; an incredible detailed backstory a long time ago.
    Of course the franchise will live on - that much has always been obvious. No developer gives up on making a franchise that's this popular. Hints that the next game will take place after the end of ME3 I don't believe, because, as I mentioned before, that would only be possible if they picked a canon ending, which Bioware in general seems loath to do with their games. No amount of time-skipping can fix that, because of the radical differences in effect on the galaxy as a whole that the results have.

And, thinking about it, picking a canon ending would probably tick off even more fans, since various people prefer different outcomes - I know plenty of people would be very displeased if Synthesis were made canon, for example. And I'd be unhappy myself if they made Destroy canon.

Zevox