New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Got the Turian Ghost and N7 Demolisher in the same Specter Pack last night- that's right, not a PSP but an old fashioned SP!

I LOVE the Turian Ghost- the jump-jet enhanced dodge and bheavy melee is a lot of fun and it just looks really cool, too. Also, having Overload is always a good thing. Didn't have occassion to use Stim Packs veyr often, but they were great when I needed them.

I just wish that their capstone for Tac Cloak was a damage boost to Sniper Rifles instead of ARs.

One of hte regulars I play with got the Volus Adept from the first pack he bought and that little roly-poly was hilarious! We're hoping we all unlock a Volus soon so we can run as a biotic god squad.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

If only those guys weren't ultra-rare...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Got into a Collector match on Gold, last night. Good Lord, those guys are monsters. I haven't had that much trouble on Gold since I first started playing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

4. - Top - End - #454

I cannot believe the map changes they made to Firebase White. Some of them are a really good idea, but they take a lot of getting used to.

Did a Platinum run with my old team last night and we made it to wave 7. It was those new Geth Drones that really screwed us over. I still remember srcreaming in surprise when one flew by and dropped 5 grenades in a perfect circle around me.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's a question, if you don't get a commendation pack (despite completing the objective) what do you do? I know you contact someone, but where and how?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Got into a Collector match on Gold, last night. Good Lord, those guys are monsters. I haven't had that much trouble on Gold since I first started playing!
    Ooh, good to know. Haven't run into the Collectors yet (only played a few matches with the new DLC) but I remember well the horror of the Praetorian.

Quote Originally Posted by CreganTur View Post
    I cannot believe the map changes they made to Firebase White. Some of them are a really good idea, but they take a lot of getting used to.

Did a Platinum run with my old team last night and we made it to wave 7. It was those new Geth Drones that really screwed us over. I still remember srcreaming in surprise when one flew by and dropped 5 grenades in a perfect circle around me.
    I know, I went into a Geth farming match thinking it would be exactly the same, and was utterly taken aback on three occasions. 1) When I noticed the extra hallway to the left of the Salarian Engineer's post. 2) that new loop walkway where once was an ammo box and a wall. (connecting that half of the platform to the ladder to the LZ) 3) the aforementioned flying devils of terror. (Although they die remarkably well to Incinerate, though that might be due to the buff vs. armor I gave it for rank 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Here's a question, if you don't get a commendation pack (despite completing the objective) what do you do? I know you contact someone, but where and how?
    There should be a link on social.bioware.com, on the header next to "we won Operation so-and-so!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

I've done a few games versus the Collectors myself.

Possessed Praetorians. Apparently they're a thing now. Still getting a handle on the nitty gritty of some of the Collector units.

I also got some Drill Ammo in one of my packs. It appears to be a variant of AP ammo that trades most of the armour negation for increased piercing distance. That most equipment now gives you the exact numbers is also a welcome change.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I also got some Drill Ammo in one of my packs. It appears to be a variant of AP ammo that trades most of the armour negation for increased piercing distance. That most equipment now gives you the exact numbers is also a welcome change.
    Yes, one of many implemented in this new pack. Not a fan, however, of that stupid rotating bar thing telling everyone your N7 rank, how many multiplayer achievements you've gotten, and how often you've promoted the class you're playing. On the note of improvements (and "improvements" for that matter) have any other maps been updated like Firebase White?
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    There should be a link on social.bioware.com, on the header next to "we won Operation so-and-so!"
    Thanks! I've submitted a ticket and I should be getting my commendation pack!...Hopefully, I completed a Bronze in 15 minutes right after I was told the mission had started anyway.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Since I'm not entirely sure, what does completing challenges give us? Purely cosmetic rewards? I suppose completing challenges could be a reason for promoting classes, but only if there's an actual benefit for it. As it is, there's no point especially now that respecialization cards are more common.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #461

From the info on the BLog it just let you make your gamertag look pretty in the lobby. You earn points that you can spend in a store for shiny non-game related things.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

They've brought back explosive ammo.

That is all.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CreganTur View Post
    From the info on the BLog it just let you make your gamertag look pretty in the lobby. You earn points that you can spend in a store for shiny non-game related things.
    In other words, useless. Thanks for clearing it up all the same. I was hoping that the challenges would give us a way to actually pick new classes and weapons, but I guess I was being optimistic.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

They've brought back explosive ammo.

That is all.
    I'm actually more interested in that Medi-gel transmitter thing. You know, the one that revives everyone in a certain radius when you go to revive someone else? Although explosive ammo is cool. I wonder if they set up or set off fire explosions?

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

On the note of improvements (and "improvements" for that matter) have any other maps been updated like Firebase White?
    Glacier is the only other one that's been altered, I believe, though they apparently fixed a bunch of glitches and bugs on all of the maps.

Specifically, the dead-end 'panic room' has been closed off and the cover in the basement has been rearranged.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Specifically, the dead-end 'panic room' has been closed off and the cover in the basement has been rearranged.
    FUUUUUUU!!!!!!! I was going to use that to get into Platinum!

EDIT: Had a chance to check more of the game out, and I had a couple questions. What's the deal with Firebase Meltdown Reactor? Are Collectors supposed to be that tough? And are there any new cred-farming techniques now that both Geth farming and Platinum farming have been cut off?
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-10-10 at 10:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Just getting back into the game after several months hiatus due to xbox failure (new one, yay!) I have to say I'm loving how much new stuff there is. Though can't say I'm a fan of sandstorm mode on Dagger.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I must say I am loving the new tech / fire burst potential of the humble human engineer

The geth farms are going soo much quicker , although I may just play around on silver for a while getting to grips with some of my new toys , Ive managed to unlock pretty much all my uncommon and commons , now just to sharpen my skill so as not to die so quickly on gold!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

I've found fire explosions no longer seem to be working if the target dies. Is this true for anyone else?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: Had a chance to check more of the game out, and I had a couple questions. What's the deal with Firebase Meltdown Reactor? Are Collectors supposed to be that tough? And are there any new cred-farming techniques now that both Geth farming and Platinum farming have been cut off?
    The Reactor Hazard map has a gauge next to the reactor core, along with some buttons. After the gauge slowly fills up, the room seals and the reactor vents, killing anything inside. There are announcements for this. You can also trigger the venting manually by pressing the button. And yes, you can still get uploads and objectives in there - you'll have to time it properly.

Collectors are indeed supposed to be tough. There's also the fact that we're not used to fighting them yet.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Back to single player, and the Leviathan DLC vs the Ending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly it makes sense: The starchild is JUST A VI. NOT an AI. Of course Shep can't argue with it. It cannot be argued WITH. It also explain why it cannot make changes but need input from an external source. It's parameters are set in stone.

Also, it means that both EDE and the Geth are more advanced than it!
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2012-10-11 at 05:54 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

22. - Top - End - #472
    Spamalot in the Playground

@ Avilan: I said as much from the beginning.

MP: I haven't installed Retaliation yet, and am reaping the rewards for my choice: Acolyte X, AR+Grenade Mod V, and now I have all the customization cards for the pre-Retaliation characters including the Vorcha. (At least I think I do. I'll have to double-check.) I'm trying to reduce my d10 as much as possible before "upgrading" to a d20.

I kept ending up with the same people last night, so it looks like not a lot of others made that choice. New faction was too shiny to resist I suppose

I'm going to see if I can max out either the GPS or Reegar before switching over. If I have less possible rares, I'll get the new characters pretty quickly anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

23. - Top - End - #473
    Banned

My first few runs we're platinum collectors meltdown reactor. Because my friend who hosted was feeling cruel :P

It uh... I haven't been able to do platinum since. Although I found out abominations - the collector husks, which explode upon death or NUKE when possessed - damage or at least stagger their own units. So I had a field day with throw tossing them into each other, and with the Batarian falcon punch.

I know, I went into a Geth farming match thinking it would be exactly the same, and was utterly taken aback on three occasions. 1) When I noticed the extra hallway to the left of the Salarian Engineer's post. 2) that new loop walkway where once was an ammo box and a wall. (connecting that half of the platform to the ladder to the LZ) 3) the aforementioned flying devils of terror. (Although they die remarkably well to Incinerate, though that might be due to the buff vs. armor I gave it for rank 6)

The drones seem to have low armor and high shields, relying on mobility. They are bastards XD
    I joined a lobby set to geth farming on white, and decided to stick around to see how a newbie would handle the farming not working properly anymore. It was a hilarious mess. In theory it still works fine, but severely punishes deviation. Everyone needs to be in the room. No camping outside because you're butthurt over kill stealing. No running to different spots to get the first crack at a spawn point.

have both Volus. Adept is boss - biotic sphere is fun. The final evolution gives you a choice between 4 orbs (and this, increasing its cool down bonus) or having each orb inflict a +15% damage penalty to an enemy for 6s. That stacks. With that and shiel boost, I was a rolypoly team supporter, making escorts a breeze, and devestating atlases and banshees on my own. Seems to be a theme of the Volus; expensive time management (biotic orbs ha a huge cooldown) and team support.
    The engineer's mine is fun. It does an area scan like QM's tac scan, and one of the final upgrades makes it invasive, slowing enemies in the area and increasing damage against them by 25%. He also has proximity mine, meaning on my own I can blast an enemy with 45% more damage from all sources, and have a handy explosive to trigger for the finishing touch. It's a choice sometimes between the debuff and the explosion, since I picked radius an recharge increases. With damage boosts its more like an anti tank claymore...

Not bad for only having live for about 48 hours, although I want a Turian T~T

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    @ Avilan: I said as much from the beginning.
    It's still bad storytelling. They either should have stuck with the old ending and let the time and effort they spent on it shine through, or they should have pushed the release date back to include Leviathan in the original cut. They tried to have it both ways and shattered their fan-base.

That said, I've just bought Leviathan because I want to see what all the buzz is about. My opinion on Bioware's decisions won't change, but the dlc might serve as the balm I need to sooth this sore spot I now have with them. I'll post my opinions later.

In other news, I tried out the vorcha soldier for the first time. I must admit that the health regeneration ability makes it much more durable than that pitiful amount of shields led me to believe. I wonder if the Geth Trooper Soldier is going to be similar? Not much health, but lots of shields with a shield boosting ability?

25. - Top - End - #475

It's still bad storytelling. They either should have stuck with the old ending and let the time and effort they spent on it shine through, or they should have pushed the release date back to include Leviathan in the original cut. They tried to have it both ways and shattered their fan-base.
    They were rushed (most likely by EA.) No one is denying that, certainly not me. And they can and should have pushed back harder. I don't think anyone is blameless over there.

But honestly, you had all the information you needed to make the right conclusions. People shouldn't need a bunch of extra exposition to know that they can't yell at the hologram and stamp their foot loud enough to get their way; it was pretty obvious based on the context of the situation.

In other news, I tried out the vorcha soldier for the first time. I must admit that the health regeneration ability makes it much more durable than that pitiful amount of shields led me to believe. I wonder if the Geth Trooper Soldier is going to be similar? Not much health, but lots of shields with a shield boosting ability?
    I soloed with a VS (only bronze - it was very late at that point and I wasn't up to the gymnastics the higher difficulties would require of my fingers.) I agree, the regen they get is unreal, aallowing you to tank multiple Cannibals or even a Ravager if you have full stacks.

But my question is - why do only Vorcha get it? I thought Krogan were supposed to be able to heal like crazy too. I know Vorcha regen is much faster, but I would have been okay with a slower one on the Krogan to go with their durability. And yes, for that matter Geth should be able to self-repair too, though the healy-turret does a fair job of approximating that.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

They were rushed (most likely by EA.) No one is denying that, certainly not me. And they can and should have pushed back harder. I don't think anyone is blameless over there.

But honestly, you had all the information you needed to make the right conclusions. People shouldn't need a bunch of extra exposition to know that they can't yell at the hologram and stamp their foot loud enough to get their way; it was pretty obvious based on the context of the situation.

I soloed with a VS (only bronze - it was very late at that point and I wasn't up to the gymnastics the higher difficulties would require of my fingers.) I agree, the regen they get is unreal, aallowing you to tank multiple Cannibals or even a Ravager if you have full stacks.

But my question is - why do only Vorcha get it? I thought Krogan were supposed to be able to heal like crazy too. I know Vorcha regen is much faster, but I would have been okay with a slower one on the Krogan to go with their durability. And yes, for that matter Geth should be able to self-repair too, though the healy-turret does a fair job of approximating that.
    Because Krogan aren't gods already.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Because Krogan aren't gods already.
    Well... they're a lot better now (I tried out the stagger resist on my Sentinel - fantastic!) but drop their shields and they're two Hunter shots away from kissing tile just like everyone else. The Vorcha's shields may be weak, but you'd never tell that from the amount of punishment they can just stand there and soak.

Speaking of, I'm loving the Reegar and Revenant on mine.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose it's just so the Vorcha have their own "thing" that makes them stand out. Besides, I think that in-universe, the regenerative abilities of the Vorcha actually trump those of the Krogan. But I'm not sure.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Your powerlessness in that situation isn't in doubt, or in question. The choices and the information that is thrown at you are what I take issue with. They come right out of left field and attempt to contradict what we've seen and learned throughout the series. Synthetics will always attempt to kill organics? That is an assumption from the first game (and the genre in general) that was actually thrown right out the window when Tali explained how the Morning War started in the first place. If there's one thing that Bioware is good at, it's taking cliches and tropes and turning them on their heads-making it clear that things aren't so cut and dry. The Geth are going to kill us all!-Oh wait, they only wanted to stay alive. The Genophage is genocide!-Oh wait, the Salarians were actually trying to keep the Krogan from extinction.-But what about the emotional and social ramifications?...You see what I mean? We were shown that nothing is black and white. Nothing is cut and dry. And yet suddenly it becomes cut and dry and black and white all because Bioware got miffed about the big surprise getting spoiled. BTW, I never even knew about the leaked ending until this whole debacle, so I feel like I was cheated twice.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter (again). I'd prefer that we didn't start this debate all over again, if you don't mind.

Good point about the Krogan. But an ability like that would make them nigh invincible, even on Gold or platinum, when combined with what they have already. Although, they're suppose to be tanks anyway, and there's no reason that role should change on higher difficulties.

30. - Top - End - #480

Good point about the Krogan. But an ability like that would make them nigh invincible, even on Gold or platinum, when combined with what they have already. Although, they're suppose to be tanks anyway, and there's no reason that role should change on higher difficulties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I suppose it's just so the Vorcha have their own "thing" that makes them stand out. Besides, I think that in-universe, the regenerative abilities of the Vorcha actually trump those of the Krogan. But I'm not sure.
    They do - but I'm not asking for Krogan to regen better than Vorcha, I just want them to have some. Maybe they could get an extra bar of health between waves (e.g. 2 on Platinum) or something, I don't know. Since we're validating the lore, it's awkward to do it for one race but not the other.

I'd prefer that we didn't start this debate all over again, if you don't mind.
    Fine - but I'm not the one that brought the endings up again, you know.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy