New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Sorry, Zevox, but you're wrong. I see people do all these 'impossible' things all the time. I had a big expository post, but it felt too confrontational.

You don't have to advance, you don't have to get better. But don't insist these things can't be done and, by extension, I'm a liar because you can't do them.
    I did my best not to sound elitist in my responses, but you did a much better job of it than I could have managed. Thirded.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

This weekend is Operation Valkyrie. You need to earn 50,000 points with one of the N7 weapons (Eagle, Crusader, Hurricane, Valiant)

Guess I'm breaking out the Hurricane I and the Tuarian Soldier.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, Zevox, but you're wrong. I see people do all these 'impossible' things all the time. I had a big expository post, but it felt too confrontational.

You don't have to advance, you don't have to get better. But don't insist these things can't be done and, by extension, I'm a liar because you can't do them.
    That I can't do them is exactly what I'm saying.

Perhaps what I've said came across the wrong way, in which case I apologize. Trust me when I say that I wasn't calling you a liar - for one, I don't believe that would ever be necessary for you or most people on this board. For another, if I believed someone was lying to me, I'd say so overtly.

Perhaps you can do things like that - I wouldn't know, I've never seen you play, and likely never will, since I only do games with random people. I know that for me, they sound at best even more frustrating than London already is, at worst suicidal.

As for me getting better, don't worry about that. I'm not concerned with how skilled I am at this game's multiplayer. And even if I was, my only problem seems to be that single map anyway.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    This weekend is Operation Valkyrie. You need to earn 50,000 points with one of the N7 weapons (Eagle, Crusader, Hurricane, Valiant)

Ooooh...I thought maybe it might have something to do with Reaper Nazis and Cerberus coups...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I did my best not to sound elitist in my responses, but you did a much better job of it than I could have managed. Thirded.
    I had to conversationally take my ball and go home. I don't really think that's a good job on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    That I can't do them is exactly what I'm saying.

Perhaps what I've said came across the wrong way, in which case I apologize. Trust me when I say that I wasn't calling you a liar - for one, I don't believe that would ever be necessary for you or most people on this board. For another, if I believed someone was lying to me, I'd say so overtly.

Perhaps you can do things like that - I wouldn't know, I've never seen you play, and likely never will, since I only do games with random people. I know that for me, they sound at best even more frustrating than London already is, at worst suicidal.

As for me getting better, don't worry about that. I'm not concerned with how skilled I am at this game's multiplayer. And even if I was, my only problem seems to be that single map anyway.

Zevox
    You complain about the RNG, but the RNG isn't a problem when two hours I. Work get you 6-8 rares and some fun.

But you don't get 6-8 rares (3-4 PSPs). You could if you were able to get more efficiency out of your builds, but you don't like to play that way.

It's hard listening to complaints I am supposed to weather that are minuscule and woul probably go away entirely if you were willing to try playing outside your comfort zone. It's at the point where whenever I see RNG I just roll my eyes and skim. London isn't hard, if you learn it. If you don't want to learn it, or any o the five coping strategies offered, that's fine. But it's frustrating. We are conditioned to provide solutions to problems that arise in conversation, because of you didn't want a solution why complain publicly? If you just want to vent its cool, but it's a disconnect. You know?

I'm sorry I get so frustrated, but I see forums as a place for discourse. You seem to mostly use them as a blog; drop a satiny, run, and if we are lucky you'll skim the comments. That's alien to me. I realize it's an issue on my end, and I apologize, but it's a huge disconnect.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

You complain about the RNG, but the RNG isn't a problem when two hours I. Work get you 6-8 rares and some fun.

But you don't get 6-8 rares (3-4 PSPs). You could if you were able to get more efficiency out of your builds, but you don't like to play that way.
    If you have build advice to give for something I play, feel free to give it. Though given I don't like promoting and re-leveling characters and don't have respec cards right now (I actually haven't gotten any since I used up that batch of three I had a long while ago, oddly), I can't guarantee I'll try it.

But no, I don't get that many packs that quickly, because I don't play on the higher difficulties. I could - I have played gold before successfully, and I don't mean just on Firebase White (though it has been a while at this point) - but I don't want to. I don't like gold as much. I find the additional difficulty at that point does not make the game more fun, just more frustrating, so I play on the difficulty I find more fun. That's what I meant when I told Psyren earlier that I'd have moved up to gold by now if I were willing to put up with the increased difficulty on a regular basis.

My complaint about the booster system would not go away no matter how quickly I got packs, however. I consider it fundamentally bad game design to force players to unlock things at complete random.

It's hard listening to complaints I am supposed to weather that are minuscule and woul probably go away entirely if you were willing to try playing outside your comfort zone.
    They may seem miniscule to you, but that doesn't mean that they are to me. Which just means that you're better at this game than me - which is fine, but you can't expect me to just become as good at it as you.

London isn't hard, if you learn it. If you don't want to learn it, or any o the five coping strategies offered, that's fine. But it's frustrating. We are conditioned to provide solutions to problems that arise in conversation, because of you didn't want a solution why complain publicly? If you just want to vent its cool, but it's a disconnect. You know?
    If the solutions were something I could do, that would be great and I would do it. That they're things that ask more of me than I'm willing to put into the game frustrates me, especially as it's the only map that I have problems with.

I'm certainly grateful that you offer your help in this respect, don't mistake me there. But I'm also not interested in trying to become so good at this game that I can solo a hacking wave on a map I have constant trouble with even with a team. If that's the type of thing I'd need to do, I'll just have to accept that I'll be hating London forever. There are other games in other genres where I enjoy the intricacies of the gameplay enough that I do find continually trying to become better at them fun and worthwhile in and of itself, but this isn't one of those for me.

I'm sorry I get so frustrated, but I see forums as a place for discourse. You seem to mostly use them as a blog; drop a satiny, run, and if we are lucky you'll skim the comments. That's alien to me. I realize it's an issue on my end, and I apologize, but it's a huge disconnect.
    Aside: "satiny?"

I'm honestly not sure why you see me that way. I certainly discuss things when others respond to my posts, or when I have something to say in response to others, that much ought to be pretty clear. Sometimes for quite some time, as should be evident from the Mass Effect and Dragon Age threads alone. Sometimes I have topics I'd like to discuss more than I get respondents, such as the fighting game threads I've tried to start over time here. I don't post if I have nothing to say, but that's normal, no?

What else would you have me do? Because I'm honestly lost on this one, even in terms of where it comes from.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

SiuiS has an aggressively stupid autocorrect. I don't know what satiny was before the mutagen hit it, though.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

8. - Top - End - #698
    Banned

If you have build advice to give for something I play, feel free to give it. Though given I don't like promoting and re-leveling characters and don't have respec cards right now (I actually haven't gotten any since I used up that batch of three I had a long while ago, oddly), I can't guarantee I'll try it.

But no, I don't get that many packs that quickly, because I don't play on the higher difficulties. I could - I have played gold before successfully, and I don't mean just on Firebase White (though it has been a while at this point) - but I don't want to. I don't like gold as much. I find the additional difficulty at that point does not make the game more fun, just more frustrating, so I play on the difficulty I find more fun. That's what I meant when I told Psyren earlier that I'd have moved up to gold by now if I were willing to put up with the increased difficulty on a regular basis.
    Okay. That's fair.

They may seem miniscule to you, but that doesn't mean that they are to me. Which just means that you're better at this game than me - which is fine, but you can't expect me to just become as good at it as you.
    This requires context. By minuscule, I meant they are "first world problems". They are self inflicted, seemingly easily corrected and almost exist only as a conversational piece than as a real problem. Not trying to convince you there, I was just laying out what frame I was speaking from.

As for the second bit; yes. I can. Getting as good as me requires nothing more than being mindful, and open to trying new things. Half of my successful ideas Arendt lucky accidents from Derping around. Like annihilation field actually does get a noticeable AoE increase from increased blast radius. And that as a prime agonist in an arsenal. You can deal tremendous damage with annihilation field and a strong automatic gun. It's counterintuitive to "Adept" thought, but pretty functional, and competitive with standard BE builds.

Yeah. My faux pas. I am integrating a new kitten into my household, which requires A) separating him from the other cats for now and B) giving him enough attention not to develop psychological issues but also C) ignoring him enough the others don't get jealous.

I spent this post on a bundle of blankets in my bathtub with the new guy nosing around my hands and phone. He kept highlighting words and moving the cursor. I got sick of fixing them after a while. I believe that was supposed to be "statement".

I'm honestly not sure why you see me that way. I certainly discuss things when others respond to my posts, or when I have something to say in response to others, that much ought to be pretty clear. Sometimes for quite some time, as should be evident from the Mass Effect and Dragon Age threads alone. Sometimes I have topics I'd like to discuss more than I get respondents, such as the fighting game threads I've tried to start over time here. I don't post if I have nothing to say, but that's normal, no?

What else would you have me do? Because I'm honestly lost on this one, even in terms of where it comes from.

Zevox
    Nothing. That was an apology and explanation. I will try not to let it be an issue but if I do, you know why. It is your prerogative whether you decide that's enough tow excuse my behavior in the future.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, I'm trying out my Turian Havoc for the first time. Which weaps go well with him, esp. since he's starting at lv. 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    SiuiS has an aggressively stupid autocorrect. I don't know what satiny was before the mutagen hit it, though.
    Yeah. My faux pas. I am integrating a new kitten into my household, which requires A) separating him from the other cats for now and B) giving him enough attention not to develop psychological issues but also C) ignoring him enough the others don't get jealous.

I spent this post on a bundle of blankets in my bathtub with the new guy nosing around my hands and phone. He kept highlighting words and moving the cursor. I got sick of fixing them after a while. I believe that was supposed to be "statement".
    Ah. Wasn't sure whether it was something like that or an expression I was unfamiliar with.

This requires context. By minuscule, I meant they are "first world problems". They are self inflicted, seemingly easily corrected and almost exist only as a conversational piece than as a real problem. Not trying to convince you there, I was just laying out what frame I was speaking from.
    Hardly self-inflicted, given they exist only on one map and did not at all until that map was added to the game; and if they were easily corrected, I'd have done so, gladly. Again, they may seem so to you, but that merely means you're better than me at this type of thing.

As for the second bit; yes. I can. Getting as good as me requires nothing more than being mindful, and open to trying new things. Half of my successful ideas Arendt lucky accidents from Derping around. Like annihilation field actually does get a noticeable AoE increase from increased blast radius. And that as a prime agonist in an arsenal. You can deal tremendous damage with annihilation field and a strong automatic gun. It's counterintuitive to "Adept" thought, but pretty functional, and competitive with standard BE builds.
    Pardon me, but I doubt that I'd get good enough to have no trouble on London just by trying oddball builds with various classes. (And that particular one I couldn't anyway - no Fury unlock as yet.) My problem isn't not knowing effective uses of my classes.

Nothing. That was an apology and explanation. I will try not to let it be an issue but if I do, you know why. It is your prerogative whether you decide that's enough tow excuse my behavior in the future.
    Alright. I would like to understand it better, though, if you think there's any way you could expound upon it to make me understand. Because as I said, I honestly don't see what you mean, and that kind of bugs me.

Zevox

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Oh, you mean the mean that I have when I play Gold with my Quarian Infiltrator equipped with a Valiant?
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    So, I'm trying out my Turian Havoc for the first time. Which weaps go well with him, esp. since he's starting at lv. 1?
    I had a reasonably good match with the Striker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Oh, you mean the mean that I have when I play Gold with my Quarian Infiltrator equipped with a Valiant?
    See, it's not just the points. It's strictly from
    Just the valiant. You need to subtract any damage caused by your powers, you need to subtract any points gained from completing objectives, you need to subtract the points gained from medals such as 25+ sniper rifle kills, 25+ kills, 25+ assists, 5+ revives, 5+ headshots, kill streaks, extraction medals and survivor medals. Those all don't count toward your score for the challenge at all.

Not that it's hard, mind. It just requires dedication.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

See, it's not just the points. It's strictly from
    Just the valiant. You need to subtract any damage caused by your powers, you need to subtract any points gained from completing objectives, you need to subtract the points gained from medals such as 25+ sniper rifle kills, 25+ kills, 25+ assists, 5+ revives, 5+ headshots, kill streaks, extraction medals and survivor medals. Those all don't count toward your score for the challenge at all.

Not that it's hard, mind. It just requires dedication.
    You can easily get 100,000+ points just soloing Bronze. Slap your N7 weapon of choice on the turian soldier and go to town with Marksman, saving Proximity Mine for any bosses. Challenge done.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    You can easily get 100,000+ points just soloing Bronze. Slap your N7 weapon of choice on the turian soldier and go to town with Marksman, saving Proximity Mine for any bosses. Challenge done.
    I know. My point is that with most class load outs, about 40,000 of that is gun if you're a smart shot, and the rest is power usage and rewards. not that it's hard, but that taking it for granted will backfire.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't need to be in one match. I can't imagine it would take more than two to complete it, though. Not if you're specifically trying for it.

Good thing I got my Valiant V in my last pack
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I had a reasonably good match with the Striker.
    I think i have one of those. I'll try it by itself after lunch.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm trying to decide between my Salarian Engineer (or Infiltrator) with the Valiant or my Demolisher with the Crusader.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I just got the weekend challenge done in two games with my Hurricane IV on my turian soldier, and got an Eagle V for my trouble.

I was kinda hoping for the newly-added Valkyrie. Oh well.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Banned

Well, I just got the weekend challenge done in two games with my Hurricane IV on my turian soldier, and got an Eagle V for my trouble.

I was kinda hoping for the newly-added Valkyrie. Oh well.
    The N7 gun? I didn't know it was available. The Valkyrie recently released and discussed is actually an Asari sentinel kit, not a weapon. Is that what you mean?

21. - Top - End - #711
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Got mine - 23 waves with a Krogan Sentinel and the Crusader. My box included a Valiant III. Not too shabby, it suits the theme of the Bounty after all.

And with the Spectre Box I opened with the credits earned, an N7 Demolisher. Seems that whenever new DLC arrives, I will ONLY ever get new characters for the previous DLC....
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

The N7 gun? I didn't know it was available. The Valkyrie recently released and discussed is actually an Asari sentinel kit, not a weapon. Is that what you mean?
    Nope! They've actually added the Valkyrie assault rifle with this operation. It's now available from commendation packs.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Disappointment. New Ultra-rare weapon! But it's the Collector SMG. Commendation pack! But it's the Crusader VIII.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714
    Banned

Nope! They've actually added the Valkyrie assault rifle with this operation. It's now available from commendation packs.
    Aye. Not only was the operation name indicative (and I forgot it until I started the box up!) but I got the Valkyrie I in my commendation pack. The best tasting crow I've ever eaten.

How does the gun itself do? Currently, it's subtly stronger than the avenger but too heavy for light AR duty and too weak for standard/heavy AR duty. It's position is firmly filled by the eagle.

Disappointment. New Ultra-rare weapon! But it's the Collector SMG. Commendation pack! But it's the Crusader VIII.
    hey, those are both good. The collector SMG only has one modification slot though, an the other is always filled with increased thermal capacity. Still, it's fantastic fe what it does. Strong bursts, infinite ammo, and basically takes exactly a minute and a half to run out if you feather the trigger constantly. It is the best eight-round-burst gun ever.

Crusader is an easier to acquire saber. It's capacity is somewhat limiting, but it's a solid gun. Goes through walls with no damage loss, can kill multiple enemies, sniper-accurate. And powerful. I just ran my crusader III on a ghost infiltrator. The aiming was sometimes frustrating, admittedly, but if I hit, the only thin that survived more than 1 shot was a brute or banshee. Stimpack/cloak/crusader takes down everything.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I know the feeling. I'm swimming in Eagles, Crusaders (Which, BTW, was the N7 weapon in my Commendation pack), and Hurricanes. Would it be so bad if I could get one Valiant?

EDIT: I cheered myself up with the splurge of one PS pack. I got a Volus Engineer!

EDIT EDIT: Oh yeah, and he's lv. 20 because I haven't promoted my geth farming meal ticket yet!
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-10-26 at 08:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716

DruidGuy

Took my Krogan Soldier out on a solo bronze run with the Valiant III and Hurricane I. Completed the challenge on the second game - had to let myself die on wave 4 of the first as I was called away.

My poor sniping skills were on display again, but I got there on wave 8.

So what did my pack have? A Valiant IV. That goes with the Eagle IV, Crusader VI and Hurricane I.

If the many years of gaming has taught me anything it is that random chance hates me. Its why I don't gamble as I'm destined to loose. My RPG characters are always dying due to bad luck with dice rolls, I never get good cards in card games and so on.

It is why I'm up to Argus VIII and still dont have the Krogan Shaman, Asari Valkyrie or the two new Tuarians. And why my grenade gear mod is still only at II despite being a prolific grenade user.

On the positive side, I'm really enjoying the new Krogan Soldier now it has reliable fire explosions. I've built him 6/5/6/5/4 - first Krogan I've taken without 6 in fitness. Built to maximise power/force damage for the grenades and carnage. Even on gold those grenades melt things. Even Nemesis from full shields die to one grenade.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Banned

Corvus, are you on Xbox?

Seriously, if you're gambling with a clear way to affect odds in your favor you aren't utilizing, then you're allowing yourself to stay handicapped. Coordinate with other playgrounders!

Enemy: Reapers.
    Stage: Rio Dejineiro or however it's spelled. Gosh that bothers me.
    Difficulty: platinum.

You will need one of two (2) allotments.

Allotment 1; code name; broke yet plenty.
    1 destroyer OR shaman OR Battlemaster with shield recharge on both fitness skill and buff skill (devestator mode 4, barrier 5(?)).
    1 Asari Justicar with biotic sphere 6, spec'd for defense/shield regen.
    1 infiltrator with duration spec'd cloak
    1 way of generating area damage (grenades, bursts, AoE techniques).

At the start, run to the far far back (right side if you're host) and down the avenue between the power poles and the cargo boxes. The box at the far end on your right has a divot with an ammo box. Everyone get in that divot.

The Asari Justicar erects her sphere within the box, and the destroyer/shaman/battlemaster now regenerates shields IMMEDIATELY upon damage ceasing. Banshees and brutes cannot reach you, because they are too tall to fit into the divot. Brutes can swipe you but you'll heal immediately. Explosions will take care of marauders, husks, cannibals and ravagers. Primes tend to loiter at the sides. Atlas can be a problem, as can engineer and phantom if you stop exploding things. Drones and Dragoons don't seem to be an issue.

Acolyte shots can be rebounded off the lower wall in front of you easily, picking off enemies at either of the only two possible venues, and stripping shields and barriers from heavies while killing the smaller threats guaranteed to be bottlenecked by them. I have yet to try a fury with AF but I really want to.

On target acquisition objectives, wait for them to come to you. On activation objectives, split up and send the Justicar and Regeneratomatic Beast to acquire them while distracting waves with the other two. hacks and escorts, everyone goes Asari drops bubbles regularly. On object retrieval, it varies but I suggest everyone goes, and at least two people lag behind after acquisition to control spawning, movement, and targeting vectors. Play by ear. If you have a Krogan, he gets the object and headbangs into myth as a rock legend.

Allotment 2; code name; Filthy Rich
    1 Volus with maximized shield burst (DR 50% at rank 6), either biotic orbs with exposing evolution or recon mine with invasive scan evolution. Either stasis bubble or debugging proxy mine evolution.
    1 infiltrator with duration.
    1 capacity for rapid explosions (grenades, bursts, AoE powers).

As allotment 1, except volus sets recon mine in front of divot or readies bitic orbs. Vols spams shield burst, with critical timin applied during banshee assault (immediately after warp to prevent DoT, immediately before nova to soak damage). Persistent heavy targets are either struck with proxy mine or biotic orbs for damage increase. Volus requiring speed should use only acolyte, or acolyte/SMG combo with ULM.

Failing this, there is one other easy way to get credits. 2 vorcha, 1 battlemaster, 1 tech guy (paladin, engineer, whatevs). Battlemaster specs Barrier for DR, Krogan rage for DR/2 strike activation, biotic charge for shield regen. Battlemaster does not rely on weaponry for damage - do not carry anything heavier than +160%. Vorcha rely on flamer for damage, range, and bloodlust for regen. Tech guy throws powers everywhere.

Go to fire base: glacier. Hide somewhere comfy. I prefer the bottom-most room down the stairs. We call this the Friendship Circle. Beware the urge to go up the stairs immediately next to the friendship circle; this is the Hallway of Despair. You think it's a good idea but it's not.

When enemies appear, battlemaster charges in with melee, then biotic charge. You can usually get off 2 melee charges between biotic charges. The vorcha both cross the streams with flamer. Your goal is not to kill enemies but to light them on fire. The tech guy uses drone/turret/decoy for defense, drops tech powers to generate bursts. Biotic charge also triggers tech bursts. If phantoms r banshees show up, give them space until a single blow kills them, and be sure to coordinate. One each of vorcha, tech guy and battlemaster can and will create enough force to make a banshee drop her target, but if you spread yourself out then you won't free a captured ally.

You can either run circles like a hunter killer hitsquad, or stay where you're safe. Ammo can be grabbed easily between waves, or midwave if for some god awful reason you think bullets work better than high octane exploding psychic Krogan face. When acquiring ammo, shoot one round and reload; this refills the ammo box under you. No more waiting for ammo and dying.

Ten minutes is equal to beating a silver match. Fifteen brims you into gold territory 70k credits) and wave ten gets you 140-165 thousand credits.

Regardless of grouping, work out medigel priority and rocket priority. Have a designated first, second and maybe third; if First Rocketeer goes down, it's up to Second Rocketeer to save everyone. Etc. Medigel transmitter makes violent Seth a polite British affair. "I say chap, would you mind terribly using a gel for us? I'm down to two." "Why certainly! I'll be sure to go down near you again, if need be." "Bully!"

Okay. So you've got anywhere from 300,000 to 2,000,000 credits. What now?

Well, it is the end of the night. So you delete everything you don't want gear from (I suggest leaving Earth or Retaliation) and buy the ever loving Moon Princess out of PSPs. Wash, rinse, repeat. Redownload the deleteDLC while you sleep, happy with your newfound bounty.

I also suggest buying a single jumbo equipment pack between each match. You're getting 5 of each at least (I tend towards 9 medigel in four out of five packs), and you use about that much. If you use less, HUZZAH. You can even build up a sufficient store as to go multiple matches without equipment purchase. The more you buy, the more you survive. The less you buy, the more lewtz you get later. It's as much art as science.

For those of you on Xbox who like making explosions, I have; a Justicar, a destroyer, a battlemaster, a vorcha, a volus, several favors of infiltration, and area damage dealers. For gold level credits, it only takes two people. Sitting there plunking away with your level 4 guy doesn't hurt me none, and occasionally helps. There is no such thing as dead weight.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Corvus, are you on Xbox?

Seriously, if you're gambling with a clear way to affect odds in your favor you aren't utilizing, then you're allowing yourself to stay handicapped. Coordinate with other playgrounders!

Enemy: Reapers.
    Stage: Rio Dejineiro or however it's spelled. Gosh that bothers me.
    Difficulty: platinum.
    Rio De Janeiro (Thank you Search autofill!)

You will need one of two (2) allotments.

Allotment 1; code name; broke yet plenty.
    1 destroyer OR shaman OR Battlemaster with shield recharge on both fitness skill and buff skill (devestator mode 4, barrier 5(?)).
    1 Asari Justicar with biotic sphere 6, spec'd for defense/shield regen.
    1 infiltrator with duration spec'd cloak
    1 way of generating area damage (grenades, bursts, AoE techniques).
    Any specifics as to character build (i.e. 6/6/6/6/0 vs. 6/6/6/5/3)? For any of these?

At the start, run to the far far back (right side if you're host) and down the avenue between the power poles and the cargo boxes. The box at the far end on your right has a divot with an ammo box. Everyone get in that divot.
    The side with the LZ? Or the other side?

The Asari Justicar erects her sphere within the box, and the destroyer/shaman/battlemaster now regenerates shields IMMEDIATELY upon damage ceasing. Banshees and brutes cannot reach you, because they are too tall to fit into the divot. Brutes can swipe you but you'll heal immediately. Explosions will take care of marauders, husks, cannibals and ravagers. Primes tend to loiter at the sides. Atlas can be a problem, as can engineer and phantom if you stop exploding things. Drones and Dragoons don't seem to be an issue.
    Are Bombers an issue?

Acolyte shots can be rebounded off the lower wall in front of you easily, picking off enemies at either of the only two possible venues, and stripping shields and barriers from heavies while killing the smaller threats guaranteed to be bottlenecked by them. I have yet to try a fury with AF but I really want to.
    What if you don't have an acolyte?

On target acquisition objectives, wait for them to come to you. On activation objectives, split up and send the Justicar and Regeneratomatic Beast to acquire them while distracting waves with the other two. hacks and escorts, everyone goes Asari drops bubbles regularly. On object retrieval, it varies but I suggest everyone goes, and at least two people lag behind after acquisition to control spawning, movement, and targeting vectors. Play by ear. If you have a Krogan, he gets the object and headbangs into myth as a rock legend.
    Where does the extra-long cloak infiltrator come into play?

Allotment 2; code name; Filthy Rich
    1 Volus with maximized shield burst (DR 50% at rank 6), either biotic orbs with exposing evolution or recon mine with invasive scan evolution. Either stasis bubble or debugging proxy mine evolution.
    1 infiltrator with duration.
    1 capacity for rapid explosions (grenades, bursts, AoE powers).
    What is "debugging proxy mine?" I specced mine for damage, damage taken, damage, but that might not be what you had in mind. Also, are there any specifics as to character build similar to what I asked in the first allotment?

As allotment 1, except volus sets recon mine in front of divot or readies bitic orbs. Vols spams shield burst, with critical timin applied during banshee assault (immediately after warp to prevent DoT, immediately before nova to soak damage). Persistent heavy targets are either struck with proxy mine or biotic orbs for damage increase. Volus requiring speed should use only acolyte, or acolyte/SMG combo with ULM.
    Again, what if you don't have an acolyte?

Failing this, there is one other easy way to get credits. 2 vorcha, 1 battlemaster, 1 tech guy (paladin, engineer, whatevs). Battlemaster specs Barrier for DR, Krogan rage for DR/2 strike activation, biotic charge for shield regen. Battlemaster does not rely on weaponry for damage - do not carry anything heavier than +160%. Vorcha rely on flamer for damage, range, and bloodlust for regen. Tech guy throws powers everywhere.
    Should tech guy spec for damage or crowd control? (i.e. status effects, radius, etc.)

Go to fire base: glacier. Hide somewhere comfy. I prefer the bottom-most room down the stairs. We call this the Friendship Circle. Beware the urge to go up the stairs immediately next to the friendship circle; this is the Hallway of Despair. You think it's a good idea but it's not.

When enemies appear, battlemaster charges in with melee, then biotic charge. You can usually get off 2 melee charges between biotic charges. The vorcha both cross the streams with flamer.
    One pointing toward that other room on the same level, the other towards the *snerk* Hallway of Despair?

Your goal is not to kill enemies but to light them on fire. The tech guy uses drone/turret/decoy for defense, drops tech powers to generate bursts. Biotic charge also triggers tech bursts. If phantoms r banshees show up, give them space until a single blow kills them, and be sure to coordinate. One each of vorcha, tech guy and battlemaster can and will create enough force to make a banshee drop her target, but if you spread yourself out then you won't free a captured ally.
    Exactly how much force/damage is necessary to disrupt a Banshee's sync-kill?

You can either run circles like a hunter killer hitsquad, or stay where you're safe. Ammo can be grabbed easily between waves, or midwave if for some god awful reason you think bullets work better than high octane exploding psychic Krogan face. When acquiring ammo, shoot one round and reload; this refills the ammo box under you. No more waiting for ammo and dying.
    That is a good trick, I'll have to remember that next time.

Ten minutes is equal to beating a silver match. Fifteen brims you into gold territory 70k credits) and wave ten gets you 140-165 thousand credits.
    And we wonder why they nerfed WGGold farming.

Regardless of grouping, work out medigel priority and rocket priority. Have a designated first, second and maybe third; if First Rocketeer goes down, it's up to Second Rocketeer to save everyone. Etc. Medigel transmitter makes violent Seth a polite British affair. "I say chap, would you mind terribly using a gel for us? I'm down to two." "Why certainly! I'll be sure to go down near you again, if need be." "Bully!"
    I guess this comes down to that platinum professionalism someone mentioned earlier, because I can't see people doing that in Silver.

Okay. So you've got anywhere from 300,000 to 2,000,000 credits. What now?

Well, it is the end of the night. So you delete everything you don't want gear from (I suggest leaving Earth or Retaliation) and buy the ever loving Moon Princess out of PSPs. Wash, rinse, repeat. Redownload the deleteDLC while you sleep, happy with your newfound bounty.

I also suggest buying a single jumbo equipment pack between each match. You're getting 5 of each at least (I tend towards 9 medigel in four out of five packs), and you use about that much. If you use less, HUZZAH. You can even build up a sufficient store as to go multiple matches without equipment purchase. The more you buy, the more you survive. The less you buy, the more lewtz you get later. It's as much art as science.
    For everyone frustrated with low numbers of rare unlocks, DO THIS METHOD. I've done it before, it works, and all that's required is a simple "Repair Install" on the DLC in question once you're done (on PC).

For those of you on Xbox who like making explosions, I have; a Justicar, a destroyer, a battlemaster, a vorcha, a volus, several favors of infiltration, and area damage dealers. For gold level credits, it only takes two people. Sitting there plunking away with your level 4 guy doesn't hurt me none, and occasionally helps. There is no such thing as dead weight.
    For those on PC who want to break into platinum, I have; a Justicar, a Fury, a Destroyer, a Vorcha Sentinel, a full complement of Engineers at lv. 20 (yes this includes the Volus), a Salarian infiltrator, a Shadow, and a Krogan Battlemaster. Sadly, most of these are very low level due to a mistimed string of promotions.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Rio De Janeiro (Thank you Search autofill!)
    Oh thank heavens.

Any specifics as to character build (i.e. 6/6/6/6/0 vs. 6/6/6/5/3)? For any of these?
    Not really. Aside from "actually has low enough recharge to regenerate like a vorcha" you can play however you're comfortable. On the destroyer, both grenades and hawk missile work well. Heck, grenades come back fast when you sit on a box, fire and reload. So mufti frag might be what the doctor ordered.

The side with the LZ? Or the other side?
    Other side. The landing zone is on a platform adjacent to the AA guns. The opposite direction, at the back of the maze of boxes. I'll try and get pictures later.

Are Bombers an issue?
    Nope. When set to Reapers, you get every reaper unit, and most geth and Cerberus units, but aside from extraction I don't recall ever seeing either of the new units. I've also noticed that when set to reapers, you never fight collectors. I'm not sure if it is cyclical, or if the main three do not include collectors.
    I have heard that when fighting the collectors you end up fighting all factions at once, but haven't tested it. this would make collectors on platinum Hard Mode.

What if you don't have an acolyte?
    Then you have to actually aim XD
    I've done some weird things. Reegar carbine, SMG with AP barrel to shoot through walls. Try to compensate for whatever you feel your weakness is. I stick to the acolyte because as a volus, I can shoot over cover and stay protected, it's light, and when just sittin in the divot I get board so I occupy my time with bank shots. I usually bring the collector SMG but that's just so I don't take mom from others. The tempest works for me.

If you aren't worried about shields (arc grenades or even disruptor/phasic ammo) then double up on the armor penetration. Generally, look at the load out of the others and shore up weaknesses. If there are 3 acolytes, I'm using a machine gun with warp/cryo rounds.

Where does the extra-long cloak infiltrator come into play?
    I was hopin you wouldn't ask :P

Everyone I play with, self included, prefers short cloak duration an high damage. So the ideas given are for that. A long cloak and an ops pack can leave the three prime damage dealers at the box to draw most enemies while the infiltrator runs out, achieves the objective and fights his way back. It's also the most gamble of a job; sometimes you'll burn through rockets, gel and ops packs just to finish, and other times if you get all four and die you can just bleed out, and trust that the Box Of Complete Security will see your squad through.

What is "debugging proxy mine?" I specced mine for damage, damage taken, damage, but that might not be what you had in mind. Also, are there any specifics as to character build similar to what I asked in the first allotment?
    debuffing, sorry. Entirely sloth and momentum on my part, I usually catch that.
    Geth infiltrator has damage/damage taken/damage. Salarian infiltrator has radius/damage taken/recharge speed. Turian soldier uses radius/damage taken/damage. The important part is the boost to damage from all sources - with the volus engineer it's +45%, and with the volus adept its +65% if you've got both in the party. The faste you kill the enemy the less they kill you.

Should tech guy spec for damage or crowd control? (i.e. status effects, radius, etc.)
    Speed is paramount, otherwise it's your call. Both have advantages. I personally prefer size and carrier effects over sheer damage, but I fully admit sometimes it's unoptimal.

One pointing toward that other room on the same level, the other towards the *snerk* Hallway of Despair?
    Play by ear? Enemies rarely show up at both ends until wave seven, so both vorcha crossing streams while the Krogan and tech guy cause a ruckus goes a long way. The explosions tend to wipe out any one side pretty quickly. I suppose this is something the individual player will have to get a feel for though.

Exactly how much force/damage is necessary to disrupt a Banshee's sync-kill?
    I am numerically unsure. The explosion from ballistic blades can do it, and two flamer streams and a fire explosion can do it. It's not 100% but provided you're cautious and help each other up, three guys can pull through the wave. Two guys can once you're halfway through, even, but the unlucky banshee gibbing occasionally sees one guy left. They tend to be hit or miss.

And we wonder why they nerfed WGGold farming.
    I admit to being bored even on platinum with WGPlatinum, and miss my old dropping into random games and going the distance. But I inevitably end up against the collectors and that goes poorly, so I stopped. WGPlatinum was easy money but slllooooowww.

I guess this comes down to that platinum professionalism someone mentioned earlier, because I can't see people doing that in Silver.
    Resource management. How many times have you decided to not mash Spacebar, let yourself bleed fast so no one enters a ba situation to "save" you? You conserve gel, you know your team can pull through, you'll be back next wave. But I always see this guy who hits medigel as soon as he drops no matter how close his allies are an I just don't get it.

Try to save your gel for the last second. Or if you go down trying to revive a guy, get up after about 50%, so you still have time to revive him. You'll find if you stay in that lobby, the idea spreads.

30. - Top - End - #720

DruidGuy

I play on PC.

I don't like doing farming runs. They tend to bore me. I just like jumping in random games with my preferred classes (which arent always the top farming classes) and having fun.

I'll get the stuff I want eventually, but doe to my bad luck with random numbers, it'll end up later rather than sooner.