New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I have everything except for lights on the fury, pattern and lifts on the destroyer, and only have the base slayer chassis. I think I'm missing a Quarian male engineer appearance option as well. I also have a rank 2 particle rifle, rank 2 harrier, and everything else is at 1. Oh, wait no. Also both Balck widow and Indra at 2.

Those are all preferable to more ammo.
    I'm in much the same boat, but with no missing appearance options, no harrier, no ppr and a variety of other ultra-rares topped by a black widow VII. Less sniper moar harrier plsthx.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

My manifest is in a similar state. All Common, Uncommon and Rare guns and characters maxxed out, no particle rifle, a smattering of other URs, and an assortment of gears at various ranks.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

I linked mine, but I have all the non-UR guns maxed, all the characters and appearance options, very nearly all the rare gear maxed (but not so close withe the uncommons) and several URs at 5 (Harrier, Black Widow, Indra, Javelin, and Scorpion is at 6). The reast of my URs are 2 or 1 and I still don't have the PPR.

So I have close enough to everything that it doesn't make much difference, but far enough that I won't max everything because there are three large, time eating games coming out in the next two months.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I got a match-ending bug earlier today. Hydra, versus Silver Reapers. The Wave 6 objective was retrieval. The second object pops up right next to me when I'm at the far end of the map from the drop point, so I pick it up like a good little gethfiltrator, and start walking backwards to the drop point for speed's sake.

As I exit the bunker just next to the drop point, I'm blindsided by a Brute and get dropped. I immediately medi-gel only to find that the object, rather than being automatically picked up by me again as normal, has fallen through the ground where I dropped, and is proceeding to hover there.

None of us can reach the damn thing, so we just went around killing stuff for what XP we could before we got a mission failed screen.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So I have close enough to everything that it doesn't make much difference, but far enough that I won't max everything because there are three large, time eating games coming out in the next two months.
    Wow, you're in quite the different position from me there. I find I have only two games coming out in the entire rest of the year that I'm interested in, one of which I still want to play the demo for before deciding whether to get it. (Paper Mario: Sticker Star and X-Com, for the record.)

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-09-07 at 04:46 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well, I got a match-ending bug earlier today. Hydra, versus Silver Reapers. The Wave 6 objective was retrieval. The second object pops up right next to me when I'm at the far end of the map from the drop point, so I pick it up like a good little gethfiltrator, and start walking backwards to the drop point for speed's sake.

As I exit the bunker just next to the drop point, I'm blindsided by a Brute and get dropped. I immediately medi-gel only to find that the object, rather than being automatically picked up by me again as normal, has fallen through the ground where I dropped, and is proceeding to hover there.

None of us can reach the damn thing, so we just went around killing stuff for what XP we could before we got a mission failed screen.
    Had that happen a couple of times as well, only seems to occur on Hydra fortunately.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I just got an N7 Paladin. I've been waiting eagerly to try this class out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Finished playing through Leviathan. Two things spring to mind.

First, that Bioware are really bad at deciding what to cut. Seriously, why was this not included in the basic game? The ending still rankles me (rubbish ending is still rubbish), but I imagine I'd object to it far, far less if this had been in the game from the start.

Second, I can definitely see some Leviathan-based additions to multiplayer in the next DLC.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-09-07 at 07:13 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

I want to see the ultra rare mods they couldn't get debugged in time, personally.
    I am still hoping for a modified thermal pack system using cool down and maybe increasing weapon weight. I can't really think of anything else they could do at that level except permanent ammo. I would like to see trade offs though, as in the days of yore; boost damage and lower capacity, boost accuracy and lower damage, etc.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

I want EA to fix the damn servers already, or go dedicated, so I don't have to deal with this constant server disconnecting! It's aggravating that I haven't been able to play a single match! It's really that bad!
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Wow, you're in quite the different position from me there. I find I have only two games coming out in the entire rest of the year that I'm interested in, one of which I still want to play the demo for before deciding whether to get it. (Paper Mario: Sticker Star and X-Com, for the record.)

Zevox
    Mine are Borderlands 2, XCOM (that's the way it's spelled now, apparently), and Black Ops 2.

I tried doing a solo for the squad goal earlier. N7 Paladin against Geth on Bronze. Stronghold Package V, Cyclonic Modulator IV, Incendiary Ammo III, and the headshot boost III (can't remember the name, specifically). Weapon was Phaeston X with damage and piercing mods. I steam rolled everything and was setting off Fire Explosions left and right. Got to wave 7 and right as I'm about to debuff the hell out of the Prime's armor (Paladin's specialty), I got disconnected because my router (and service) is garbage. I was so upset I just lost those high level equipments I didn't even bother to try again and instead just played Dungeon Defenders and watched Avatar: TLE all day.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually the XCOM spelling makes more sense from a militaristic sense than X-COM. Usually when making acronyms, militaries ram the words together without hyphens, which are mainly reserved for denoting variants.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Actually the XCOM spelling makes more sense from a militaristic sense than X-COM. Usually when making acronyms, militaries ram the words together without hyphens, which are mainly reserved for denoting variants.
    Plus, it's a title. It's hardly a big deal. This isn't The Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II: Rise of the Witch King, where the title is so stupidly long that you don't want to bother with even an acronym (which would be TLotRBFME2RotWK).

14. - Top - End - #74
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Second, I can definitely see some Leviathan-based additions to multiplayer in the next DLC.
    Agreed. I'm hoping on that, and then another DLC containing the Collectors as enemies to coincide with the release of Paragon Lost in December.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Plus, it's a title. It's hardly a big deal. This isn't The Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II: Rise of the Witch King, where the title is so stupidly long that you don't want to bother with even an acronym (which would be TLotRBFME2RotWK).
    It's usually just abbriviated ROTWK, thanks. (And BFME/BFME2. If you know the ancyronm you don't need the LotR part.xD)

Also, ROTWK was good expansion pack.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

WELL. I can't start the game.

I haven't touched ME3 in well over a month, but I decided to finish my second playthrough just to see the new ending. And now it won't start, although it pretends the game is running. Is this some known Origin issue?
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Mine are Borderlands 2, XCOM (that's the way it's spelled now, apparently), and Black Ops 2.
    Ah, two FPS titles. That's why I couldn't even think of other major titles coming out in the near future - I don't pay attention to those due to disinterest. Makes sense.

As for the spelling, I was just doing it the way I've seen it done. I've never played the series myself (hence why I want to try the demo before deciding whether to buy it), and hadn't even heard of it until a certain infamous event from E3 a couple years ago.

I believe most people dispense with the "Lord of the Rings" portion of that title given the names "Middle Earth" and "Witch King" kind of imply it. Helps a bit.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post

I haven't touched ME3 in well over a month, but I decided to finish my second playthrough just to see the new ending. And now it won't start, although it pretends the game is running. Is this some known Origin issue?
    Try checking Task Manager, see if any processes that use an instance of Mass Effect 3 are running. If that doesn't work, repair your install. If that doesn't work, try deleting the Origin folder (not Origin Games), and reinstalling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    It's usually just abbriviated ROTWK, thanks. (And BFME/BFME2. If you know the ancyronm you don't need the LotR part.xD)

Also, ROTWK was good expansion pack.
    I never said it was bad! I enjoyed it quite a bit! I just said it has a stupidly long title (and when it came out, it held the record! Not so sure anymore, but I'll check).

EDIT: Ah, no. That would be Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-08 at 04:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Flumph

I finally got around to playing ME 2 & 3 and just finished 3.

I'm not going to comment on the ending.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I finally got around to playing ME 2 & 3 and just finished 3.

I'm not going to comment on the ending.
    Out of curiosity, did you download Extended Cut? Whether you liked or disliked the ending, I highly recommend doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Great game, weak ending. It's not the worst, but I actually chose refusal.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

I want EA to fix the damn servers already, or go dedicated, so I don't have to deal with this constant server disconnecting! It's aggravating that I haven't been able to play a single match! It's really that bad!
    Oh Geeze, that's still...
    I'm sorry, mate

XCOM is a remake of the X-Com UFO assault game or something, by someone else. The name change is as much to point out their non original hold as anything else.

I tried doing a solo for the squad goal earlier. N7 Paladin against Geth on Bronze. Stronghold Package V, Cyclonic Modulator IV, Incendiary Ammo III, and the headshot boost III (can't remember the name, specifically). Weapon was Phaeston X with damage and piercing mods. I steam rolled everything and was setting off Fire Explosions left and right. Got to wave 7 and right as I'm about to debuff the hell out of the Prime's armor (Paladin's specialty), I got disconnected because my router (and service) is garbage. I was so upset I just lost those high level equipments I didn't even bother to try again and instead just played Dungeon Defenders and watched Avatar: TLE all day.
    Geeze. Know that feeling. I got a warning pretty early on not to bother with equipment. We're on wave three, an Asari goes down right in front I me, and before I can revive her, medigel. I ended up quitting at various points between waves 2 and 9 for the next hour before finally crashing a decent bronze game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post

yes. It is a known origins thing. Computer?

-

Krogan vanguard. Huge shield and health numbers, huge DR, and huge shield regen. 40% regen from fitness, barrier and stronghold package; 40-65% DR from barrier and Rage; shields near the 2k mark and able to recharge. Pretty slick.
    Gave him the piranha with extended barrel and bayonet fe closing and destroying, and the Revenant faith thermal capacity aand AP mod. The Revenant has actually been consistently outperforming the typhoon for me, I'd only because it's rate of fire means I can hang out of cover for a full ten seconds almost just dropping bullets; the typhoon's clip size is higher but so is the RoF, so it doesn't last as long. Being ally support with a rifle actually works better with a slightly inferior rifle!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

I'm actually interested in that XCOM FPS. I understand all the hate for it, but it's being made by Irrational; a.k.a., the Bioshock guys. Have a little faith.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Krogan vanguard. Huge shield and health numbers, huge DR, and huge shield regen. 40% regen from fitness, barrier and stronghold package; 40-65% DR from barrier and Rage; shields near the 2k mark and able to recharge. Pretty slick.
    Gave him the piranha with extended barrel and bayonet fe closing and destroying, and the Revenant faith thermal capacity aand AP mod. The Revenant has actually been consistently outperforming the typhoon for me, I'd only because it's rate of fire means I can hang out of cover for a full ten seconds almost just dropping bullets; the typhoon's clip size is higher but so is the RoF, so it doesn't last as long. Being ally support with a rifle actually works better with a slightly inferior rifle!
    Actually, Kroguard Rage is bugged. Whilst the passive benefits do work, the actual benefits from the Rage state don't get applied, despite the animation playing.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Completed the objective solo. First tried my glass cannon Salarian Infiltrator, then my Asari Adept. My problem is I tend to do a poor job avoiding fire unless in cover, even in Bronze.

I promoted Vanguards last week, but I had Krogan Soldier at 18. Lack of shield refresh was annoying but the Piranha and insane DR was enough.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

I used Vorcha soldier, random/random gave me Cerberus/Jade. Went pretty smoothly until wave 10 had an R2Detour objective with two spawns between R2 and his destination. Extracted in the end, though.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, got two matches in, then I chose to take a break. That is some damn fine multiplayer there.

EDIT: Okay, time to take another break. I'm glad it's finally working. What I'm mad at is opening a 99000 credit pack for 3 consumables, an upgrade, and a Mantis! What the hell?!
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-08 at 11:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Actually, Kroguard Rage is bugged. Whilst the passive benefits do work, the actual benefits from the Rage state don't get applied, despite the animation playing.
    I dunno. I have experience with my damage output increasing from three headbutts to kill a dude, to two headbutts to Kill a dude, when raging as the Battlemaster. And I specify headbutts because of everything but the rage effects work then half the time that was the boost from "+75% damage when you kill an enemy with heavy melee". I'll check it out though why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I used Vorcha soldier, random/random gave me Cerberus/Jade. Went pretty smoothly until wave 10 had an R2Detour objective with two spawns between R2 and his destination. Extracted in the end, though.
    R2Dtour is best name.

Okay, got two matches in, then I chose to take a break. That is some damn fine multiplayer there.

EDIT: Okay, time to take another break. I'm glad it's finally working. What I'm mad at is opening a 99000 credit pack for 3 consumables, an upgrade, and a Mantis! What the hell?!
    yeah, that can happen. Your best bet is to Max out on vet packs until you've got all the uncommon guns up. And they are pretty solid; mantis is one of the better sniper rifles, doing great damage for its weight.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

yes. It is a known origins thing. Computer?

-
    I'm actually so inept with computers I'm unsure which stats are relevant to this. But here is what is listed under System:

Windows 7
    Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2,23GHz, 2,34 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    32-Bit operating system

I'd really appreciate any help.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Spamalot in the Playground

I solo'd bronze earlier to get the "no-consumables" individual objective (N7 Pally vs. Geth) but if anyone else still needs it and would like a hand I am available to assist. I think there's still a couple hours left.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)