New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Raising your N7 rating. That's about it.
    Ah. Doesn't really seem worth it, then.

Also, I just pulled a Collector assault rifle. So far it seems pretty effective for my Turian soldier. Almost makes me wish I'd specced marksman into headshot damage.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-09 at 02:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Spamalot in the Playground

To be fair, very few maps are. Only Dagger, Rio, and maybe Hydra have semi-useful sniper perches barring any powers capable of throwing up obstacles, e.g. turrets, mines, decoys, etc. Once those come into play you can technically make a sniper perch anywhere with two entrances and a good overview.
    There are others. Reactor has two good spots - Top of the ladder near the extraction/hack zone, and the high side of the reactor corridor (aiming down through it.) London has a very good sniper nook (one of the few that can target all the spawn points on the map) so long as your team is willing to watch the two access points on your sides. Giant (Tuchanka) obviously has the control room ramp, and Condor (Palaven) has the entire hill - just switch sides every few shots to watch for incoming interlopers. Ghost has the large cinderblock right outside the landing zone.

The worst sniper maps by far are Glacier and Goddess.

My best sniper by far is my Demolisher, and she has none of the diversionary tricks you mention - just a buttload of powerful grenades and unlimited Widow ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, does this weekend challenge apply to fire weapons? Or do I need to go roll up a human engineer?

Edit: Oh, right. I have a Scientist Salarian. Excelsior.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-09 at 03:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Striker is a bit heavier than I'd want to put on a class that'll use powers much, at least unless I grab the class talent 6 reduction to AR weight. I was figuring on using a Phaeston or Mattock until I get a Grenade Capacity or Shotgun Damage/Grenade Capacity gear (since I do have the Warfighter gear, if only at rank 1, but neither of those), and then switching to a shotgun and backup pistol like I use on my non-Krogan Vanguards.
    I've never had a problem getting Havoc Strike out at a decent rate with a Striker. Since it doesn't replenish your shields like Charge you don't need to be using it constantly, just when you see a group of enemies that need stunning and exploding and you're too far away to do it. The AoE on the Striker is extremely useful because the best use of Havoc Strike is to tie down groups of low level enemies, hence the recommendation of Incendiary Strike, and this way you can keep up the stun locking.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Weekend Op. Best thing ever. Flames everywhere. Fire explosions, the works.

Did it with a batarian soldier with inferno grenades. Got a Valiant VI from the pack and with the credits bought a PSP and finally got the Krogan Shaman.

I'm thinking of going back in with a human engie with drones and chain overload to set off all the fire explosions.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Right now I'm questing for a respec card for my Salarian Engi. I hadn't realized the DoT option on incinerate allowed for fiery explosiondeath.

That said, I like the fire. The fire is good.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-09 at 05:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Banned

Husks are zombies. Marauders are zombies. Phoenix units are predominantly zombie. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Hmmm....Any ideas as to which is least detrimental to lose for the Volus Engineer - Rank 6 Shield Boost, Proximity Mines, or Volus Training.

I'm leaning training because the only weapon I'm currently running is the Geth plasma SMG, which has a reasonably weight already.

If I do get rank 6 Proximity mines, I think I'll go for damage boost over recharge. 1/3 of a second isn't all that useful, especially considering the nature of the plasma SMG.
    Depends on how you want to play. Personally, I get volus training up to 5 for shields, get shield boost up to 6 (radius, recharge(?) and dR), proximity mine to 5 (radius, damage boost) and recon mine to 6 (radius, recharge or damage, invasive scan). Fitness or a weapon boost from passive are based on how I feel that day. The engineer is a much better team player than the adept, who is better solo.

You don't need maximum recharge, if you have the DR and the high shield recovery amount. A good acute damage weapon is useful, like a strong shotgun. If you put your proxy mine in the recon mine area during a lull, the first enemy group there will take 45% more damage, easy mop up with a shotgun or such.

Thanks for the help, playing support like this is actually pretty fun.

Very satisfying to see a mob of ten collectors light up and promptly be gunned down. By the way, can other players see the recon mine's effect on the enemies?
    Yes. It's often better to put the recon mine in an out of the way spawn point so you can keep an eye on being flanked. Stacks with hunter mode and tactical scan for boucoup damage.

I've never really liked sniper rifles on casters. Don't want to risk out-ranging my abilities. That and they seem to be the heaviest slot.

What I really need a nice caster shotgun... Is that Asari shotgun from the singleplayer in the multiplayer by any chance? It's the lightest one I can remember.
    Disciple. It's actually better than most give it credit for. The new kits all have terrible base encumbrance, which means the disciple comes out at 195/190 to the eviscerator's 180. It also has twice the clip and can stagger enemies. I down the last two days staggering brutes and banshees for commando mastery. It's a damn good gun. Smart choke, extended barrel and armor piercing ammo (or high velocity barrel and power efficiency module) and you're doing crazy damage.

Ayup. The Disciple. Although it gets outclassed by first the Eviscerator, then the Wraith, once those start to get higher in level.
    Eviscerator is heavier and with less ammo and stagger.

Woot! Well, today has actually been a good day for me pack-wise.

Earlier I picked up the Collector SMG. Took it for a spin - given enough ranks, it could become a favorite of mine. For now it seems a bit lacking in damage, and I had some trouble with the spread of the shots, but that can be learned. Ammo regeneration rate was all kinds of amazing. Still, even with that, I felt the actual amount of ammo it carried was too low - hold down the trigger for more than a brief moment and you'll be out of ammo and need to go through the long "reload" animation in no time. More ranks should help there though, so I'll try the it out again if/when I get some of those.
    It is not an assault rifle. However, thermal capacity (NOT HEATSINK) and a 1s on/1s off feather pattern nets you a solid three minutes of fire with improved accuracy. If you feather the trigger on a caster you will have a full clip by ye end of the cast.

And just recently I nabbed not one, but two new classes: the Krogan Shaman and Turian Havoc Soldier. Hell yes ! Already specced the Krogan out - pretty straightforward 6/6/6/5/3 build - but I'd like some advice on the Turian. Namely on how to spec Havoc Strike, and whether Cryo Blast is worth taking. Obviously I'm familiar with Cryo Blast on my Quarian Engineer, but lacking Incinerate to combine it with, it seems more questionable here. As for Havoc Strike, I'll probably take damage at rank 4, but 5 and 6 make me hesitate, so any advice on those would be appreciated.
    I actually suggest 5(or six)/6/6/0(or 3)/6 with the shaman. Shockwave is most effective within long melee range, barrier and rage together keep you crazy sturdy, warp's armor weakening makes you a force against armor. Since damage is coming from either explosions, melee or weapon fire you don't need the damage boost from the passive, and you don't need a heavy weapon. With a bayonet equipped disciple I'm still hitting +150% or so cooldown after barrier, and he's pretty strong. You feel the lak of biotic charge though, if you're used to invulnerability – hence the barrier/melee combo.

(And since I know someone will bring it up: yes, I've said before that I don't play Soldiers. But lets face it, the Turian Havoc is basically a Vanguard - Havoc Strike is Charge without the shield regeneration, and the Stim Packs conveniently give him that anyway. And heck, he's a more interesting new Vanguard than the Batarian Brawler.)
    He is totally a an guard and it is AWESOME /)^3^(\

The brawler is actually kinda nice. If you prep heavy melee while midflight with biotic charge, you can actually knock a cannibal sliding, surf on their body, and enough up punching them a good a good ten or fifteen Meyers away from where you started XD

For havoc, I use max havoc strike (radius at rank 6, melee boost at 5), stimpack six (damage all the way, including 65% from survivability at 6), fitness 6 (all melee), and cryoblast/passive I mix around. Cryoblast -> havoc is a cryoburst (or fire burst at extreme ranges because havoc strike travels faster), and you don't need your gun for this build quite so much. He plays like a nova guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I got the Asari Valkyrie and there is one part of the build that I don't know what to spec with. Admittedly this is a problem I had with the Fury too, but what should I do with rank 6 of Annihilation Field? Is the Draining ability (and duration boost) worth it? As the boost to damage and explosion capability sound good.

What's people's experiences with it?
    I survived almost a full minute of chain stagger against collectors on gold, surrounded by two scions, two praetorians, and numberless troops, because while staggering around unable to do anything, AF drained the barriers from everything, even ye units which became possessed only within reach. I only died because the darn praetorian instagibbed me (also the ~50 Second chain stagger gangbang), and have sworn by energy drain ever since.

It's more useful on the Valkyrie because you are running at enemies with much less ability to escape. The fury can teleport or blink, the Valkyrie can bun her shields for a heavy area smash.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

At least having a Crusader X means I'll never be disappointed by a Commendation Pack again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

9. - Top - End - #969

I can confirm that neither fire damage mods nor Homing Grenades count for the challenge, even with the burning upgrade. Thankfully, that match didn't last long.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. I guess I will continue to engineer, and hope I manage to find a respec for fiery explosions.

Any idea which packs are most likely to have respecs? I'll probably complete the event before I fine one, but it's the principle of the thing.

11. - Top - End - #971

I'm not sure - every time I've used one, one of my next 2-3 PSPs has replenished it so far, but I haven't used that many lately so it could have been blind luck.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Either Veteran packs or Spectre packs have the best chance for a respec card, I think.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Er...has anybody else seen the Quarian Engineer being an unstoppable death machine?

It may have had something to do with my fighting geth, but I easily scored many times my usual silver score trying one out.

(Completed Blast Furnace btw. 60% of it was that match. Cryo Blast + Incinerate. N7 Valiant as a prize, not too shabby.)
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-09 at 08:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post

At least having a Crusader X means I'll never be disappointed by a Commendation Pack again.
    I am so unseemly in my jealousy right now. All I got was a valiant IV...

Damn. I guess I will continue to engineer, and hope I manage to find a respec for fiery explosions.

Any idea which packs are most likely to have respecs? I'll probably complete the event before I fine one, but it's the principle of the thing.
    Promote him dude. Fastest way.

Respec cards are uncommon. So veteran on up all have a decent shot of grabbing one for you.

Er...has anybody else seen the Quarian Engineer being an unstoppable death machine?

It may have had something to do with my fighting geth, but I easily scored many times my usual silver score trying one out.

(Completed Blast Furnace btw. 60% of it was that match. Cryo Blast + Incinerate. N7 Valiant as a prize, not too shabby.)
    yes. They are insane, and very easy to level thanks to one rank in nth powers making you as functional as a biotic. It almost feels like the turret is a waste, sometimes.

So addendum to prior statements. Apparently you do not get points for a thing until the target dies. I shot a banshee, once, with the disciple. I then spent the rest of the match taking care of cannibals husks and marauders with Flamer. When she was the only one left, I killed her with flamer... And got the 200,000 points with disciple challenge. Shooting her earne me those pouts, but they don't count until the enemy is dead. Which means its probably not damage as I had previously surmised.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

No, it is points that end up on the scoreboard, rather than points of damage inflicted.

I watched very carefully for a few matches; to get points towards the challenge, you must either inflict the deathblow with the appropriate weapon - in this case, fire - or you must inflict damage with the weapon and let someone else kill the target, as your 'Assist' points do seem to count.

Setting something on fire and them shooting it dead gets you NO points. Setting something on fire and then letting it die from Burn-Over-Time damage DOES get you points. Hope that can help out someone who is struggling to hit their rhythm; all else fails, just spec Incinerate for damage and go around one-shotting mooks, it'll rack up nice and fast.

I finished the challenge with the last kill of the last wave of a game - very cinematic - and it won me my Hurricane I. Not bad, a little bit too heavy compared to my Geth Plasma SMG X but in 2 or 3 levels I can see it being lots of fun.
    Incidentally, my N7 Day loyalty pack gained me the Black Widow I, just like Zevox. I actually like it a little bit more than he seems too, but having said that it is in direct competition with my Valiant III and really is far too heavy and slow reloading for anything other than my Krogan Sentinel. It very satisfying to earn Gold medals for both Headshot and Melee kills in the same match.

A random Spectre Pack also awarded me the Batarian Brawler. ....Damn, but I hate the Batarians.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, was any non-singleplayer purpose ever attached to promoting your level 20s?
    Respeccing your characters without a respec card (but with the requirement of re-leveling them from 1 again).

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I actually suggest 5(or six)/6/6/0(or 3)/6 with the shaman. Shockwave is most effective within long melee range, barrier and rage together keep you crazy sturdy, warp's armor weakening makes you a force against armor. Since damage is coming from either explosions, melee or weapon fire you don't need the damage boost from the passive, and you don't need a heavy weapon. With a bayonet equipped disciple I'm still hitting +150% or so cooldown after barrier, and he's pretty strong. You feel the lak of biotic charge though, if you're used to invulnerability – hence the barrier/melee combo.
    Eh, I'd rather stay out of melee with him, save as a backup if needed - he's an Adept, not a Vanguard. And removing the class talent misses out on that nice 27.5% power damage boost, and with his increased weight capacity I'm getting 200% cooldown off the Phaeston. And between Barrier and three ranks in Fitness he's already more durable than anything but another Krogan with Fitness maxed out anyway.

You are right that I'm feeling the lack of Charge though. Since he uses the same character model as the Battlemaster, I'm unconsciously playing him much more aggressively than I normally do casters, and it is a problem. That'll have to break with time though.

Also, is it me, or does Shockwave seem to come out at a different height for the Krogan than on the Human Adept? It's messed up my aim a couple of times. Maybe they didn't adjust the height it comes out at to account for the Krogan being taller than the other classes that have the power?

He is totally a an guard and it is AWESOME /)^3^(\

For havoc, I use max havoc strike (radius at rank 6, melee boost at 5), stimpack six (damage all the way, including 65% from survivability at 6), fitness 6 (all melee), and cryoblast/passive I mix around. Cryoblast -> havoc is a cryoburst (or fire burst at extreme ranges because havoc strike travels faster), and you don't need your gun for this build quite so much. He plays like a nova guard.
    Hm, a melee build is viable with him, eh? I might just try that out. Oh, and Cryoblast -> Havoc Strike is great to know. Well worth trying Cryoblast on him in that case.

"Unstoppable death machine," no, but they're quite good. My favorite Engineer, personally. Cryo Blast + Incinerate is great against anything not shielded, and the Turret is fantastic support. Give her a weapon that's good a stripping shields quickly, like the Geth Plasma SMG or Acolyte, and she's good to go.

Though by that same token, I don't think fighting the Geth had anything to do with it. They have by far the most shielded units of the four factions. I'd actually say the Quarian Engineer is best-suited to fighting the Reapers, who have the least (just Marauders and Banshees), and are thus most vulnerable to Cryo Blast + Incinerate.

Oh, and she can do fire combos with Turret Flamethrower -> Incinerate sometimes too, though I've yet to figure out how to consistently tell when the flamethrower has primed one on a target. Sometimes it works after very little exposure to the flamethrower, sometimes it doesn't even after the Turret has stopped its first burst of flames entirely.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-09 at 10:32 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #977

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Setting something on fire and them shooting it dead gets you NO points. Setting something on fire and then letting it die from Burn-Over-Time damage DOES get you points. Hope that can help out someone who is struggling to hit their rhythm; all else fails, just spec Incinerate for damage and go around one-shotting mooks, it'll rack up nice and fast.
    No, spec for area. Fire explosions! Fire explosions everywhere.

The splash damage also primes, so if you're firing at something very far away (say, on Hydra, Condor or Dagger) - something too far for your VI to target - you still have a chance to setup a blast if you hit the ground/wall near them.

I spec area->dot->armor damage on my Hengineer and Paladin.
    Can the drone detonate tech combos? No setup I've tried has seemed able to, though it does plenty of damage on its own.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, right, that's another great thing about this Quarian. AoE freeze and AoE incinerate. Those poor mooks...

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Can the drone detonate tech combos? No setup I've tried has seemed able to, though it does plenty of damage on its own.
    If you have the detonate evolution that triggers tech combos.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unstoppable death machine," no, but they're quite good. My favorite Engineer, personally. Cryo Blast + Incinerate is great against anything not shielded, and the Turret is fantastic support. Give her a weapon that's good a stripping shields quickly, like the Geth Plasma SMG or Acolyte, and she's good to go.

Zevox
    I've got her running with a Geth pulse rifle, which seems to work pretty well. Specced Missiles on the turret to ensure that it had a decent range, is the flamethrower any good? I was just relying on Cryo blast + incinerate for most of my damage, but I think my assumption that those two could create combo explosions was incorrect.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-09 at 11:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

I've got her running with a Geth pulse rifle, which seems to work pretty well. Specced Missiles on the turret to ensure that it had a decent range, is the flamethrower any good? I was just relying on Cryo blast + incinerate for most of my damage, but I think my assumption that those two could create combo explosions was incorrect.
    Eh, personally, I don't like the Geth Pulse Rifle - even trying it at rank 9 it seemed too weak to me. Your choice though.

The flamethrower is very good, yes. Just toss the turret into an enemy group, or at a spot where you expect them to be, and watch it dish out some serious pain. Very nice support fire against big armored enemies too, though getting Banshees and Praetorians to stay still for it can be a problem.

Cryo Blast + Incinerate does create cryo bursts, yes, though it doesn't seem to work on armored or shielded enemies (we've had some discussions here about that, best guess is it's a bug, since Snap Freeze seems to be able to be detonated on protected enemies). Though oddly the last couple of days I've seen it seeming to work the way it used to before a recent balance change, which is where it only triggers when the affected target dies from the detonator power (Incinerate), not just from getting hit with it. Both Cryo and Fire Bursts used to work like that, but a balance patch just before the most recent DLC changed them to work like other bursts, detonating when the second power hits a primed target, so they shouldn't be doing that anymore. Not sure what's up there - a bug?

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-09 at 11:28 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #982
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    No, it is points that end up on the scoreboard, rather than points of damage inflicted.

I watched very carefully for a few matches; to get points towards the challenge, you must either inflict the deathblow with the appropriate weapon - in this case, fire - or you must inflict damage with the weapon and let someone else kill the target, as your 'Assist' points do seem to count.

I finished the challenge with the last kill of the last wave of a game - very cinematic - and it won me my Hurricane I. Not bad, a little bit too heavy compared to my Geth Plasma SMG X but in 2 or 3 levels I can see it being lots of fun.
    Incidentally, my N7 Day loyalty pack gained me the Black Widow I, just like Zevox. I actually like it a little bit more than he seems too, but having said that it is in direct competition with my Valiant III and really is far too heavy and slow reloading for anything other than my Krogan Sentinel. It very satisfying to earn Gold medals for both Headshot and Melee kills in the same match.

A random Spectre Pack also awarded me the Batarian Brawler. ....Damn, but I hate the Batarians.
    I meant challenges in general. If a banshee is worth 12,000 points, and you only need 1,000 to finish your, let say Phaeston AR challenge, and you shoot her 99% dead (let say about 11,000 points worth) and then she kills you? You get no points, and don't complete the challenge.

Eh, I'd rather stay out of melee with him, save as a backup if needed - he's an Adept, not a Vanguard. And removing the class talent misses out on that nice 27.5% power damage boost, and with his increased weight capacity I'm getting 200% cooldown off the Phaeston. And between Barrier and three ranks in Fitness he's already more durable than anything but another Krogan with Fitness maxed out anyway.

You are right that I'm feeling the lack of Charge though. Since he uses the same character model as the Battlemaster, I'm unconsciously playing him much more aggressively than I normally do casters, and it is a problem. That'll have to break with time though.
    Alright. I find it is a nice complete package myself, since it obviates the need for a lot of stuff people feel is 'mandatory', but it's your shaman.

Also, is it me, or does Shockwave seem to come out at a different height for the Krogan than on the Human Adept? It's messed up my aim a couple of times. Maybe they didn't adjust the height it comes out at to account for the Krogan being taller than the other classes that have the power?
    Hadn't noticed, but I did have some difficulties with it. I'll check.

Hm, a melee build is viable with him, eh? I might just try that out. Oh, and Cryoblast -> Havoc Strike is great to know. Well worth trying Cryoblast on him in that case.
    Careful though. Without stimpacks you're fragile once you close. Sometimes enemies can't track you upwards during melee jump. Sometimes they can.

No, spec for area. Fire explosions! Fire explosions everywhere.

The splash damage also primes, so if you're firing at something very far away (say, on Hydra, Condor or Dagger) - something too far for your VI to target - you still have a chance to setup a blast if you hit the ground/wall near them.

I spec area->dot->armor damage on my Hengineer and Paladin.
    He meant for achieving the weekend challenge, not in general.

Combat drone? I think he can set them up, I don't know about detonation. I know the decoy can both set up and detonate.

Theoretically, that pulse he sends out where the air ripples could detonate. Haven't tried it though.

flamethrower is pretty slick. Ends up doing a phenomenal amount of damage to armor, that throwing a turret at an atlas is often better than just shooting it. More importantly, it can cover an area (hitting multiple targets) and if you take the shock evolution, it can stun targets upon being tosse into twir midst and then roast them.

Rockets are good too, but require more consideration and care when placing the turret.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, I suppose the way I've got the turret set up now is good. Requires minimal micromanaging, while I am free to shoot / shatterburn everything.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, tried out the Turian Havoc. And holy hell, is being a rocket-powered Turian awesome. I swear, those dodges move you further than a Banshee's teleport and nearly as fast - it's absolutely nuts how quickly you can get away from things if you need to.

Havoc Strike is as expected - Charge minus the shield regen. Seems to still have Charge's invincibility frames though, which still makes it a good defensive power to an extent. I actually got through quite a bit today without using Stim Packs simply because I'm so used to mashing "Y" on Vanguards for shield regen, and Havoc Strike's invincibility followed up by dodging was enough to keep me alive despite it not actually restoring my shields. And speaking of, you can buffer those dodges during Havoc Strike, which I think might make it impossible for a Banshee/Brute/etc to insta-kill you unless they've locked on before you charge. Yeah, I've mentioned that those dodges are crazy good, right?

Stim Packs are quite handy, but I only get four of them with my Warfighter Package 1. Nonetheless, tonight my problem was more not using them than using them up - one part of that being my above-mentioned Vanguard habits, the other part being my habit of being very conservative with grenade use lest I run out of them at an inopportune time. Still, I'll adjust. I did notice that they weren't lasting as long as I'd expected, so once I get a better grenade capacity gear, I'll definitely respec for duration at rank 5.

I actually tried a couple of different weapon loadouts, the Phaeston by itself and the Eviscerator with a Phalanx backup. I actually don't think I like shotguns on this guy like I do on Vanguards, and it's because of those dodges again. I'm frequently flying off to the side or back away from a target after a charge, and as a result I don't find myself in optimal shotgun range as often. The Phaeston however worked well. I think tomorrow I'll try the Mattock, and see what other mid-range weapons I might be able to try on him.

Cryo Blast... I don't know. I actually forgot to use it most of the time, because I was thinking like I do with my Vanguards, a debuffs completely do not factor into those. I did see it cause bursts with Havoc Strike, though the weird thing I mentioned above with Cryo Bursts seeming to work in the old way against cropped up sometimes. And its cooldown is short enough that it's practical to use on a Vanguard-esque character. But still, I wonder if I couldn't do without and not miss it.

I actually specced myself 6/6/6/4/4 for the moment. Some of the filling in I'd done before asking for advice constrained me, so I just went for a fairly generic Vanguard-esque build for now, just trading power damage from class talent 5 for some extra durability from fitness since power damage seems less important here. I do plan on using respec cards to try a melee-oriented build though, and possibly the no-Cryo Blast build. I do only have two of those at the moment though, so if I try to do both for now, I'll be stuck with the second one I do until I get another, unless I'm willing to promote.

Hadn't noticed, but I did have some difficulties with it. I'll check.
    Playing tonight, it seems inconsistent. Sometimes the Shockwave came out at the height I'd expect, sometimes it came out lower. Not really sure what would cause that.

Zevox

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally finished Cerberus Mastery. Suck it, Harper.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Finally finished Cerberus Mastery. Suck it, Harper.
    Is the banner cool?

On Havoc, I still suggest 6/6/3/5/6. Cryoblast is useful enough to have at 3, but 6 is of insufficient benefit. The melee damage with a stim pack is potent enough to really put the hurt on someone. Get used to using Stim pack like cloaking. Crack one when you are either hurting badly, or about to ambush something. If you prioritize stim pack use specifically for resistant targets, like brutes, groups of hunters or pyros, etc. otherwise standard havoc strike and melee with supplemental cryo- and shooting is sufficient.

Stim pack. Definitely duration. The nine seconds last longer than the visual effect, luckily. I find the damage boost handy but not mandatory, although on a melee build as much damage as possible is good.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the banner cool?
    Not as good at Earth Mastery, but I prefer the title.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Is the banner cool?
    You can see previews of all of them on the N7 hub thing (the thing that replaced the multiplayer manifest w/ Retaliation). So yes, it looks cool. Not quite as cool as the "Hardcore" one, IMO, the one with the Normandy going through FTL, but still cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

So, a new Single Player companion has been leaked from the Omega DLC:

Spoiler
    Show

Nyreen - a confirmed FEMALE Turian. Her powers translate (or so I have been told, I do not speak French) as Overload, Incinerate, Fortitude/Biotic Barrier, Lift Grenades and 'Turian Huntress'.

Sounds like an interesting combination. I wonder how long she'll remain in the party after the plot - the comments between her and Garrus (and potentially Tali ) could be very interesting......
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-11-10 at 07:39 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooooh nice. Hopefully bioware wouldn't be lazy enough to do the temporary companion thing they did in DA2 with the Qunari.

Also, female Turian should have some very interesting story aspects. I wonder if they're oppressed in any way.

And yeah Zevox the pulse rifle is weak, but I'm using it for shield stripping and finishing off a couple of health bars, and the accuracy is extremely useful.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-10 at 09:55 AM.