New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, check the bottom left corner. Apparently Aria joins your party for a bit.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

I've come to the conclusion that Collectors are even worse on Firebase Hydra than Reapers.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    On Havoc, I still suggest 6/6/3/5/6. Cryoblast is useful enough to have at 3, but 6 is of insufficient benefit.
    But with only three ranks in Cryo Blast, you basically miss out on everything that makes it good. No Cryo Explosion and Frozen Vulnerability to increase damage done to the target, and cryo bursts off it will be substantially weaker since those are based on the number of ranks you have in the powers that caused it. You're left with only an unspecified amount of armor-weakening, the freeze effect on unprotected targets (which you can generally just kill with Havoc Strike anyway), and the (in my experience totally unnoticeable) slow effect on protected ones.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooh, an N7 Paladin. This should be fun.

No idea how to spec it out, though. Everything seems very fun. I think I may make him a brawler/shotgun type. With ice "magic", because it's awesome.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-10 at 02:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, check the bottom left corner. Apparently Aria joins your party for a bit.
    Let the speculation commence!

Spoiler
    Show
    Personally, I think it's all in what Aria would find most useful. I'm thinking Annihilation Field, Barrier, Warp (or some biotic setup ability) and Reave (or some biotic setoff ability). And something like "Asari warlord" for the passive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

For those curious about Aria's and Nyreen's powers, take a look here. Screens are in French, but I have done translation below.

Worth noting that Nyreen's Protection biotique power is not the phrase used in the ME3 French version for either Barrier or Biotic Sphere.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    For those curious about Aria's and Nyreen's powers, take a look here. Screens are in French, but I have done translation below.

Worth noting that Nyreen's Protection biotique power is not the phrase used in the ME3 French version for either Barrier or Biotic Sphere.
    According to a preview from Eurogamer, one of Aria's powers is an all-new one called Flare, which "probably one of the most powerful biotic explosive attacks in the game and is great for clearing groups of enemies." She also has Lash, a first for the single-player.

Nyreen is said to have a biotic grenade, and a screenshot indicates that her "Biotic Protection" is either the same as or very similar to the Justicar's Biotic Sphere from the multiplayer.

The DLC will be about four hours long, and self-contained. You can't bring your regular companions to it, just Aria and Nyreen, and neither of them will join you afterward.

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to it. This is what I want out of ME3 DLC - a self-contained side-story, with new characters to meet and learn about, and plenty of content. Hopefully it turns out to be a great one.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    According to a preview from Eurogamer, one of Aria's powers is an all-new one called Flare, which "probably one of the most powerful biotic explosive attacks in the game and is great for clearing groups of enemies." She also has Lash, a first for the single-player.

Nyreen is said to have a biotic grenade, and a screenshot indicates that her "Biotic Protection" is either the same as or very similar to the Justicar's Biotic Sphere from the multiplayer.

The DLC will be about four hours long, and self-contained. You can't bring your regular companions to it, just Aria and Nyreen, and neither of them will join you afterward.

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to it. This is what I want out of ME3 DLC - a self-contained side-story, with new characters to meet and learn about, and plenty of content. Hopefully it turns out to be a great one.

Zevox
    Flare is probably the power I translated as "rocket" or "fuse", then. And having seen the icon for Nyreen's Biotic Protection (it looks like the Biotic Sphere icon with lots of medkit icons floating in it) I concur with you on that.

Very, very annoyed that neither of them will be joining us afterwards, though. Given how much the DLC is going to cost (1600 Microsoft Points, last I heard), I would have expected at least one persistent squadmate.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    You can see previews of all of them on the N7 hub thing (the thing that replaced the multiplayer manifest w/ Retaliation). So yes, it looks cool. Not quite as cool as the "Hardcore" one, IMO, the one with the Normandy going through FTL, but still cool.
    How do I access that? I couldn't figure out the manifest before. I'll actually try a computer this time. Phone ain't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooooh nice. Hopefully bioware wouldn't be lazy enough to do the temporary companion thing they did in DA2 with the Qunari.

Also, female Turian should have some very interesting story aspects. I wonder if they're oppressed in any way.

And yeah Zevox the pulse rifle is weak, but I'm using it for shield stripping and finishing off a couple of health bars, and the accuracy is extremely useful.
    Damage output is equal to damage multiplied by rate of fire. If you can't hurt armor... Isn't that what ammo and powers are for?

Also, I dare say this alone will be enough to get commodore Bleakbane to actually care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    But with only three ranks in Cryo Blast, you basically miss out on everything that makes it good. No Cryo Explosion and Frozen Vulnerability to increase damage done to the target, and cryo bursts off it will be substantially weaker since those are based on the number of ranks you have in the powers that caused it. You're left with only an unspecified amount of armor-weakening, the freeze effect on unprotected targets (which you can generally just kill with Havoc Strike anyway), and the (in my experience totally unnoticeable) slow effect on protected ones.

Zevox
    Yes, in a build based around charge -> melee, cryoblast is supplemental. But as you said, it takes no time at all to fire before a havoc strike, and the cryo explosion amplifies the damage on the main target (remember, I play on gold most of the time) and enemies frozen by cryo explosion don't have the same limits as an enemy frozen by cryoblast itself. The entire point is area damage. Why not add a couple hundred more damage.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So, a new Single Player companion has been leaked from the Omega DLC:

Spoiler
    Show

Nyreen - a confirmed FEMALE Turian. Her powers translate (or so I have been told, I do not speak French) as Overload, Incinerate, Fortitude/Biotic Barrier, Lift Grenades and 'Turian Huntress'.

Sounds like an interesting combination. I wonder how long she'll remain in the party after the plot - the comments between her and Garrus (and potentially Tali ) could be very interesting......
    Female Turian, eh?

Huh. That is actually interesting enough for me to be interested in just in it's own right. (Heck, pretty much just to heare her talk...) They might actually tempt me into that one.

Maybe.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Given how much the DLC is going to cost (1600 Microsoft Points, last I heard),
    Last I heard it was going to be $15, which would be 1200 MS points.

Yes, in a build based around charge -> melee, cryoblast is supplemental. But as you said, it takes no time at all to fire before a havoc strike, and the cryo explosion amplifies the damage on the main target (remember, I play on gold most of the time) and enemies frozen by cryo explosion don't have the same limits as an enemy frozen by cryoblast itself. The entire point is area damage. Why not add a couple hundred more damage.
    I suppose that makes sense. I'm just hard-wired to think of how to get the most use out of a power rather than think of them as merely supplemental I guess. I think the only build I've ever done which has a power at something other than 6 or 0 is my Geth Engineer, with Hunter Mode at 3.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-10 at 03:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Banned

It's like having a wavy gun on an infiltrator. How the numbers play out is more important than what the numbers are. You can get an assault rifle weight decrease (or perhaps 10% more weapon damage) at rank six of legionaire training, or you could get a priming, slowin, weakening power with absolutely no cost which synergizes with your intended assault strategies.

I do the same thing with the geth trooper. Ignore the passive for fitness 5 and Fortification 5 (40% faster shield recharge), because hunter mode works like the passive for damage, I don't need weight since my only activate blue power has fast cooldown, and my gun is therefore useful enough to make up for whatever flamer misses.

Optimization: 6/10 in all four of weapons, power, utility and survivability is more awful than 10/10 in two categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Female Turian, eh?

Huh. That is actually interesting enough for me to be interested in just in it's own right. (Heck, pretty much just to heare her talk...) They might actually tempt me into that one.

Maybe.
    called it!
    Didn't even read the description. Saw the hood. The flanges. Thought "Turian chick!" and have been glad since.

Personally, I hope they have a similar/identical voice to the Turian male. That way, I can continue believing my ghost is a female. Scootaloo's is best Turian!

-

Figured out that manifest thing. Is there any way I can like, show it to other people? Otherwise it is entirely for figuring out the banners.

Which reminds me. Battlemaster made a hard push for solo gold recently. Need to perfect my timing and figure out appropriate hiding places, but I think I may be able to use the AT raider on a geth hunter to clear platinum solo. Unfortunately, prime enemy has priority for unit dispersion. When purposefully fighting the geth, you get bombers. Which means you probably get Dragoons when purposefully fighting Cerberus. Making reapers the oddly most accommodating choice for guy who wants to murder you.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

I got an N7 Valkyrie from my commendation pack for finishing the challenge. Another assault rifle to play with... and noone to give it to. My Turian Soldier, maybe. He's been using Phaeston so far, because it's really accurate in his hands. Still no new classes. I got a Rare card with a class, but it was a Batarian Sentinel, which I already have, of course.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Figured out that manifest thing. Is there any way I can like, show it to other people? Otherwise it is entirely for figuring out the banners
    You can just link it, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about.

I just had an incredibly rough wave; Gold/Goddess/Reapers. My whole team went down on wave 9 leaving me to solo 2 banshees and roughly six each marauders, ravagers, cannibals and brutes. I was a level 14 Ghost. Killing everything else while running away from the banshees was easy. Killing the banshees while running away from them with their barriers regenerating? Not so much. I did it in the end and we got through wave 10 (didn't extract though) but the whole game took over 40 minutes and I think most of that was me running.
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2012-11-10 at 05:36 PM.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Spamalot in the Playground

So I ran some extensive tests with the Combat Drone while getting the fire challenge on my human engineer. (Got the Valiant II... bleh. I want to max out my Eagle dammit!)

Things I've noticed, in no particular order:

1) Only the Drone's self-destruct (if you have the Detonate evo) will trigger tech combos. Even then it's not terribly reliable (I only got it to happen once or twice), but it could save you in a pinch. None of the other abilities (rocket, area shock, or the regular pulse) seem to detonate or set up any bursts.

2) Whenever you resummon the drone with the detonate evo, the old one makes the self-destruct sound as it dies. It does not actually do self-destruct damage however, so don't let that fool you.

3) The rockets apparently require your drone to be at a minimum range of some kind; this means that spawning your drone near enemies will cause it to float away from them before it fires a missile. This can cause targeting issues in close spaces, such as floating behind a wall then spamming the wall with rockets without damaging the foe on the other side. In addition, the drone rarely does anything else but fire rockets - I had the area shock evolution but it didn't shock once, and only used its pulse very rarely. Meanwhile, with the chain pulse evolution it will still throw out a shock either when enemies get close to it or if you spawn it on top of a turtling foe.

4) The drone damage boosts DO affect the rockets fired by the drone. It's no flame turret but it definitely has some kick, and much longer range.

5) The area shock stun is great, capable of staggering even Dragoons, Atlases and Primes, as well as knocking Phantoms/Nemeses out of cover. (Speaking of Dragoons - Neural Shock has a great chance to freeze them in place or knock them prone, so Engineers are your friends with these guys.)'

Based on my findings, I recommend two specs for the drone: One that focuses on making the drone a high-damage turret (damage-damage-rockets) and one that focuses on using the drone to harass/stun (detonate-shock-chain). I have each of my human engineers on one of these, and so far I prefer the latter as that's how I tend to use the drone, though the former would be nice on a sniper build.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So, a new Single Player companion has been leaked from the Omega DLC:

Spoiler
    Show

Nyreen - a confirmed FEMALE Turian. Her powers translate (or so I have been told, I do not speak French) as Overload, Incinerate, Fortitude/Biotic Barrier, Lift Grenades and 'Turian Huntress'.

Sounds like an interesting combination. I wonder how long she'll remain in the party after the plot - the comments between her and Garrus (and potentially Tali ) could be very interesting......
    Bioware... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-11-10 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, two days straight of good luck on my packs. Today I switched to Earth as my main DLC for those, since all that's left of the currently-released things in Retaliation that I want is the Asari Valkyrie, where I had three classes from Earth that I wanted, plus plenty of gear/mods and ranks in the Acolyte.

And today I got the N7 Paladin, maxed out my Biotic Damage gear and Pistol Piercing Mod, and got rank-ups in my Carnifex and Paladin pistols. Had a couple of crap pulls too, but even one of those maxed out a class' appearance options, so I'll never see it again. Good stuff.

Tried the N7 Paladin in one match, looks like the main thing with him is going to be learning the range on Snap Freeze. I took the range increase at rank 4, since I figure Snap Freeze isn't a power I'll be going to for straight damage anyway, but even so it's kind of limited. Still, very nice that it can set up cryo bursts even on protected enemies.

I also had him try using the Paladin pistol, since it is actually slightly lighter than the Carnifex oddly enough. Like the hitting power, but don't like the ammo limit. Three shots to a clip is too low for a pistol for me, so I think I'll prefer the Carnifex. Hopefully I can pick up a few more ranks in that over the next couple of days and get it to a low cooldown without using the ULM mod.

I did run into an awful, awful bug in that one match with the Paladin, though. Wave 10 we got an escort mission, and when we seemed to complete it, the drone vanished, but the mission did not register as complete - the escort bar at the top was just a sliver away from full, and the announcer kept telling us to get back to the drone. This resulted in it being impossible to complete the match, as enemies kept respawning endlessly until we all gave up and died. Pretty bad bug that.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-10 at 11:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Just blew a million credits in PSPs; maxed both rare collector weapons, the Ghost and Valkyrie and got a few rare mods and gear. No Geth Trooper, though, and my only ultra rare was a Typhoon level. Hmmph.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    You can just link it, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about.
    That is what I was talking about. Fiddled around with the URL, managed to check my friend's account and send him build advice XD

I'm being kinda jerkish, but I'm coaching my usual group in minimum requirements for platinum. So far one has a geth infiltrator sufficient to the job if he could rank up some guns (currently using saber 1), and the other has a geth trooper who recovers his shields in between bursts from enemies. Pretty slick.

I just had an incredibly rough wave; Gold/Goddess/Reapers. My whole team went down on wave 9 leaving me to solo 2 banshees and roughly six each marauders, ravagers, cannibals and brutes. I was a level 14 Ghost. Killing everything else while running away from the banshees was easy. Killing the banshees while running away from them with their barriers regenerating? Not so much. I did it in the end and we got through wave 10 (didn't extract though) but the whole game took over 40 minutes and I think most of that was me running.
    Yeah, they get pretty bad. I always try to lure them both into throwing their warp fields, so you can then get close without fear.

So I ran some extensive tests with the Combat Drone while getting the fire challenge on my human engineer. (Got the Valiant II... bleh. I want to max out my Eagle dammit!)

Things I've noticed, in no particular order:

1) Only the Drone's self-destruct (if you have the Detonate evo) will trigger tech combos. Even then it's not terribly reliable (I only got it to happen once or twice), but it could save you in a pinch. None of the other abilities (rocket, area shock, or the regular pulse) seem to detonate or set up any bursts.
    Okay. Interesting.

2) Whenever you resummon the drone with the detonate evo, the old one makes the self-destruct sound as it dies. It does not actually do self-destruct damage however, so don't let that fool you.
    Yes. Same as singularity.

3) The rockets apparently require your drone to be at a minimum range of some kind; this means that spawning your drone near enemies will cause it to float away from them before it fires a missile. This can cause targeting issues in close spaces, such as floating behind a wall then spamming the wall with rockets without damaging the foe on the other side. In addition, the drone rarely does anything else but fire rockets - I had the area shock evolution but it didn't shock once, and only used its pulse very rarely. Meanwhile, with the chain pulse evolution it will still throw out a shock either when enemies get close to it or if you spawn it on top of a turtling foe.
    Minimum five meters. They recently cut the distance and redirect times in half, along with damage and radius boosts. If you've got a rocket drone, spawn it near you for utility. Not on enemies unless you want to rabbit them. Instances of a lone enemy chasing a drone and neither ever doing anything have dropped but not entirely.

Thing is, the drone's natural attack, the big pulse, has a huge cool down. That's why you give it other attacks to use.

4) The drone damage boosts DO affect the rockets fired by the drone. It's no flame turret but it definitely has some kick, and much longer range.
    Of course they do.
    Remember though, if you want pure unadulterated damage potential, never get the quarian flamethrower. Each rocket shot does as much damage as a high-end javelin shot. Which means either no one cares or numbers aren't all they are cracked up to be.

5) The area shock stun is great, capable of staggering even Dragoons, Atlases and Primes, as well as knocking Phantoms/Nemeses out of cover. (Speaking of Dragoons - Neural Shock has a great chance to freeze them in place or knock them prone, so Engineers are your friends with these guys.)'

Based on my findings, I recommend two specs for the drone: One that focuses on making the drone a high-damage turret (damage-damage-rockets) and one that focuses on using the drone to harass/stun (detonate-shock-chain). I have each of my human engineers on one of these, and so far I prefer the latter as that's how I tend to use the drone, though the former would be nice on a sniper build.
    Can a stun drone set up tech bursts?

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tried the N7 Paladin in one match, looks like the main thing with him is going to be learning the range on Snap Freeze. I took the range increase at rank 4, since I figure Snap Freeze isn't a power I'll be going to for straight damage anyway, but even so it's kind of limited. Still, very nice that it can set up cryo bursts even on protected enemies.
    Snap Freeze is an amazing ability, thanks to the fact that it can set up cryo bursts on anything and that it can pass through walls for whatever reason. Just run up to a wall you know someones probabily behind, pop snap freeze, dodge around the corner, and toss an incinerate/energy drain to set off the burst.

I did run into an awful, awful bug in that one match with the Paladin, though. Wave 10 we got an escort mission, and when we seemed to complete it, the drone vanished, but the mission did not register as complete - the escort bar at the top was just a sliver away from full, and the announcer kept telling us to get back to the drone.
    It might have dropped through the floor, had it happen with a drone on Dagger the same way packages used to drop through before they fixed it.

Speaking of packages how do you the carry thing where you are sprinting while constantly dropping and picking up the package on delivery missions?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    Speaking of packages how do you the carry thing where you are sprinting while constantly dropping and picking up the package on delivery missions?
    I don't know the details but it's something to do with the camera angle.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    Snap Freeze is an amazing ability, thanks to the fact that it can set up cryo bursts on anything and that it can pass through walls for whatever reason. Just run up to a wall you know someones probabily behind, pop snap freeze, dodge around the corner, and toss an incinerate/energy drain to set off the burst.
    Snap Freeze goes through walls?! I had no idea. I thought only Shockwave, Smash, and Biotic/Electric Slash had that property. Great information to have, thank you.

Zevox

22. - Top - End - #1012

Minimum five meters. They recently cut the distance and redirect times in half, along with damage and radius boosts. If you've got a rocket drone, spawn it near you for utility. Not on enemies unless you want to rabbit them.
    Yep, that's how I plan to use it. Maybe with a light sniper.

Thing is, the drone's natural attack, the big pulse, has a huge cool down. That's why you give it other attacks to use.
    Hmm, it didn't seem that long to me (on my non-rocket-drone.) As a matter of fact, with chain lightning and shock I was able to keep a small group of Marauders nearly stunlocked while I sprinted for safety in London.

Can a stun drone set up tech bursts?
    Not that I saw, though it could just be a very short window. No, the only drone move I ever saw interact with combos in any way was the detonate.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, I'm really liking the uniqueness of these new N7 classes.

Just pulled a Fury as well, being a biotic witch is pretty fun.

Floating Deathnova melee is good too.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, I'm really liking the uniqueness of these new N7 classes.

Just pulled a Fury as well, being a biotic witch is pretty fun.

Floating Deathnova melee is good too.
    How is it that you keep getting the classes I'm missing and really want before I do? First the Paladin yesterday, and now the Fury. Next thing you'll be telling us you got the Shadow and Asari Valkyrie.

Though the N7 classes aren't really new at this point. I think their DLC dropped back in July or August. The newest ones are the ones after them on the class lists, like the Volus, or the Turian Havoc and Ghost.

Zevox

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, ok, that makes sense. There are so many relatively new DLCs, it gets difficult to track. Though it is pretty great that we're getting all of them for free.

Also, please keep in mind that my class unlocks have nothing to do with a dark pact with beings from beyond time and space. Those comments are nothing but hearsay and slander.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-11 at 02:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, ok, that makes sense. There are so many relatively new DLCs, it gets difficult to track. Though it is pretty great that we're getting all of them for free.
    If you haven't been playing for a while, I could certainly see how that happens. Resurgance (Batarians, Geth, Justicar and Battlemaster) and Rebellion (Ex-Cerberus troops, Male Quarians, and Vorcha) happened relatively early, then Earth (which has the N7 classes) sometime in the summer as I said, and Retaliation is the newest, having been around for only about a month now. We're still getting classes from that one - there are 17 total, four were available when the DLC first hit, and one new one is added each week.

Speaking of, anyone have any particular preferences for our next one? I'm hoping for the Turian Saboteur myself. It's taken way too long for us to get an Engineer with Sabotage, and I can't wait to try that out. I'm also kind of curious whether he'll have the rocket-thruster-dodges like the Havoc and Ghost, or be an original-style Turian with no dodges.

Also, please keep in mind that my class unlocks have nothing to do with a dark pact with beings from beyond time and space. Those comments are nothing but hearsay and slander.
    Hm, sounds legit.

Zevox

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Field tested the collectors weapons now they're at X, and my opinions are reversed. Collectors Sniper Rifle is pretty good if you can deal with the recharge, Collector Assault Rifle is the Phaeston with less ammo and maybe also less accuracy.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1018

I got a roly-poly Volus Engineer!

It's fun playing healbot, I must say. Dropping proxy mine for Fitness though - I rarely use it, and if I'm going to be the medic, I want to maximize my chances of living to do it.

At the risk of sounding cynical, it's not that great at all. Bioware is essentially taking your d6, and replacing it with a d10, then a d12, then a d20. Sure, you get more stuff, but the chance of getting the stuff you actually want drops dramatically with each xpac. I get it from a business sense standpoint, but that's cold comfort when I keep cracking Arguses and Raiders.

And the even more evil part is that they always add at least one really cool thing for everyone in each. Oh Harrier, why must you taunt me so with your unattainability...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

At the risk of sounding cynical, it's not that great at all. Bioware is essentially taking your d6, and replacing it with a d10, then a d12, then a d20. Sure, you get more stuff, but the chance of getting the stuff you actually want drops dramatically with each xpac. I get it from a business sense standpoint, but that's cold comfort when I keep cracking Arguses and Raiders.

And the even more evil part is that they always add at least one really cool thing for everyone in each. Oh Harrier, why must you taunt me so with your unattainability...
    I'm of the opinion that they could easily decide to charge us for the content, but haven't, which is nice. And personally, I really like the randonmess to the packs, that kind of thing always entertains me.

I do think they should offer slightly more expensive packs that specifically contain content from each dlc, like they did with the first one. Or allow purchace of specific things, of course, but that would require a bit of an overhaul.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I don't know the details but it's something to do with the camera angle.
    Play a Krogan. Constantly headbutt. You go faster than walking.

Hmm, it didn't seem that long to me (on my non-rocket-drone.) As a matter of fact, with chain lightning and shock I was able to keep a small group of Marauders nearly stunlocked while I sprinted for safety in London.
    That's because you were using a shock and a pulse.
    If you do both, it will use one during the cooldown of the other. The shock also has insane range and a half-second delay; shock one guy, jump to another a half second later, jump to another a half second later (even that first guy again), and insane range, so if they chased you they could get chain shocked, fall over and the drone would catch up and pulse. It's pretty cool actually.

Not that I saw, though it could just be a very short window. No, the only drone move I ever saw interact with combos in any way was the detonate.
    Nah, I'm willing to bet drones just can't do it. Which makes engineers actually more useful. Salarian rather. Makes salarian engineers more useful.

And I'm with Luzhan. You can't get mad that they've given us so much free stuff it makes it harder to farm what you want, especially since it doesn't. Specific DLC is just a deletion away.