New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I have only had problems with flamer's recharge when carrying -70% weapons, and then only because one was a single shot sniper and it cut Ito my close range weaponry during cooldown. An automatic as heavy as 0% will still get you all the benefits of flamer, although 50%+ is ideal.
    Flamer has many uses. Against organic enemies, a half second of fire keeps them panicked while you shoot them (or run in a bad place), and against groups I like to hit them with a lot of fire before ducking around a corner, so the entire lot burns (and detonates if someone lobs a power at them). I only rarely focus the whole beam on a single target, because gun damage to a burning enemy almost always trumps increased burn damage. The exception is a full armor, partially shielded heavy; a full stack of burning, and then gun them down. Works wonders.

If you have it, try the geth plasma shotgun. Toucan Gil a gun charge during flamer, so it doesn't interfere at all, and you cannot se flamer in cover – using the power kicks you out.

I use 6/5/5/5/5.
    Flamer for maximum reach, damage and armor piercing.
    Fortification for protection and shield recharge.
    Hunter mode for weapon speed and accuracy.
    Networked AI for weapon damage and power damage.
    Advanced hardware for health, fitness, and shield regen.

The end result is that my guns and powers are all doing about 30% more damage, I take 30% less damage, I can see enemies through walls an around corners, my shield recover in 1.2 seconds w/o gear, .96 seconds w/ gear, .6 seconds with expendables, .36 seconds with both gear and expendables. Oh, and my shields have a net 15% gain, for a total of 1,150.

Now, if you're worried about it, you could instead move the final rank to fortification for the 30% recharge penalty reductions, and use the 20% recharge boost on hunter mode to acquire fortification with no net loss to your power speed at all, but it isn't necessary.

The geth trooper is a damn fine all around soldier, and probably the best example of such the game has – even the destroyer is a step down.

Hmm, I really like the sound of that setup. My Geth Shotgun is one of my best leveled, and it's got that nice long-range ability.

I may think about taking out range for flamer and swapping in the damage evolution. I'm finding the range is nice already.

Too bad the game doesn't give you an option to test-run builds before you commit. Gotta sell equipment packs, I guess.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-14 at 08:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Hmm, I really like the sound of that setup. My Geth Shotgun is one of my best leveled, and it's got that nice long-range ability.

I may think about taking out range for flamer and swapping in the damage evolution. I'm finding the range is nice already.

Too bad the game doesn't give you an option to test-run builds before you commit. Gotta sell equipment packs, I guess.
    I think range is always better. In the same way a pyro can burn you from
    Slightly beyond the flame, ranged flamer is the difference between burning an enemy group, or being killed by enemies while trying toget into range.

That being said, if you do end up getting damage for rank 4, consider getting duration for rank 5. The maximum damage ends up higher if you roast a prime or something with all of it, and the recharge is based on duration used, meaning that using three seconds out of eight will recharge faster than using three seconds out of eight, meaning you can carry an even heavier weapon with no loss.

The 6/5/5/5/5 concept is actually pretty exciting, and I'm looking in to other load outs it can work with. I'm gonna have to thank my mate for turning me on to it.

Oh, right. An the two default load outs I use are GPS+GPSMG, and javelin+pulse rifle. Both suffered from not aging bough gun output at close range, but only because I couldn't get in the habit of bolting off plasma shots without charging. The GPS can be mainlined as your only gun, benefit fully from networked AI, and work at all ranges. I have a personal preference for auto fire or acute damage generation, so I don't quite like it in favo of the piranha and raider, but it's a good gun. The damage output against atlases specifically was much too low for my tastes though. Couldn't seem to do more than four bars every five seconds. This was when I was able to put javelin hits into cannibals and they took no damage though, so I think it was just buggy.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-11-14 at 09:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Spamalot in the Playground

I honestly never even thought of 6/5/5/5/5. Wonder how it would do on the Shadow? I think any non-combo class can benefit.

I like the Geth Trooper but for me, Vorcha is the flameguy all the way. Hoping to get the Hunter soon because Submission net is the last power I need for Tech Mastery. (I hate the turrets with a passion.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Well now, I discovered something very interesting today. One part of the changes to singularity that I didn't see mentioned before seems to be that it now primes combos on anything - it doesn't need to lift them, and protections aren't an issue. The priming seems to take place the moment they take damage from the power, which is as soon as they enter its radius. That's actually quite the big buff.

One the Human Adept, it means that you can do Singularity -> Warp for a combo if the enemy is out of shockwave range, which is nice. In theory it also means Singularity -> Warp -> Shockwave should be two combos in rapid succession, though I didn't test that, so there's the chance that Warp doesn't prime when it detonates a combo.

On the Ex-Cerberus, it means that Singularity -> Lash works on shielded enemies now, which is quite handy. It also means that Singularity -> Smash produces a combo even on armored enemies, though like with the Vanguard's Smash -> Charge option, it's actually less damaging than just spamming Smash, due to how damn hard Smash hits and neither power having detonate.

Also just a nice option to have in mind if your team includes more than one biotic.

On a separate note though, I'm thinking of respeccing my Human and Krogan Adepts to no longer take lift on Shockwave. I actually promoted my Adept class today, because of several corrections I wanted to make to old builds (including a couple brought on by the complete change to many of Singularity's evoltions), and honestly, I found Shockwave more useful for mook-clearing without lift. I still have yet to get a combo off Shockwave -> Warp, ever, and honestly lifting them into the air actually makes them harder for me to hit with follow-up gun fire than slamming into the ground or wall, since they're bobbing up and down and spinning as opposed to lying stationary. The alternative may just be a cooldown decrease, but honestly, that is actually sounding better to me than lift given what I saw today.

A couple of nice things in my packs today, although only a couple. One being a Scorpion, at last. With only rank 1 I don't know that I can use it on anything much yet, but it'll at least end up as a second weapon on my Batarian Sentinel, alongside the Particle Rifle . Also got my Geth Plasma SMG to rank 10 at last - which also completes the first DLC's content for me fully. And in the double-edged sword department I got two appearance unlocks on the Salarian Infiltrator, which at least gets it out of circulation. Only five more such unlocks before I'm done with all the rare classes that aren't DLC, too, which should be a great help to me with unlocking new classes.

Against armor, you charge and melee. The light is fast and fierce, the heavy provides DR like an ablative Mage armor, and biotic charge get you back up to speed while the now point blank enemy kills itself against your spines. Or you could charge the enemy, punch him, lash a nook to you as detonate it. Just as much a caster effect a pull/reave.

Combos are not a prerequisite of caster builds. Powers are, and often in a timely fashion.
    Yeah, but that's the thing - that build can't just depend on its powers against armored enemies, which are kind of the biggest concern around. Heck, its solution to them being melee is problematic against quite a few, what with the instant-kills and all.

It's rare, and I've only seen it on reactor against Cerberus with Turian sentinel. No, wait. I've also seen it on rocket troopers on white as a salarian, but only several times in one match. Disruptor ammo and no other players alive.
    Huh. Sounds... unreliable, to say the least. I guess I can try it, but if neither power reliably sets up a combo, I don't know that I'll like it.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Well now, I discovered something very interesting today. One part of the changes to singularity that I didn't see mentioned before seems to be that it now primes combos on anything - it doesn't need to lift them, and protections aren't an issue. The priming seems to take place the moment they take damage from the power, which is as soon as they enter its radius. That's actually quite the big buff.
    From the moment I played mutliplayer I've been able to biotic combo shielded enemies with singularity and warp. It wasn't always like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    From the moment I played mutliplayer I've been able to biotic combo shielded enemies with singularity and warp. It wasn't always like that?
    Only since the last patch.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

7. - Top - End - #1177

Yeah, it was mentioned. I remember because I'm pretty sure I was dancing a jig in here when they announced it. In fact, that change came online before the tech combo change and before Retaliation, IIRC.

On a separate note though, I'm thinking of respeccing my Human and Krogan Adepts to no longer take lift on Shockwave. I actually promoted my Adept class today, because of several corrections I wanted to make to old builds (including a couple brought on by the complete change to many of Singularity's evoltions), and honestly, I found Shockwave more useful for mook-clearing without lift. I still have yet to get a combo off Shockwave -> Warp, ever, and honestly lifting them into the air actually makes them harder for me to hit with follow-up gun fire than slamming into the ground or wall, since they're bobbing up and down and spinning as opposed to lying stationary.
    I don't know why, but getting the Warp Shockwave combo off on my Shaman is a total crapshoot; I never know if it's going to happen or not. On the Human Adept it's much more reliable.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know why, but getting the Warp Shockwave combo off on my Shaman is a total crapshoot; I never know if it's going to happen or not. On the Human Adept it's much more reliable.
    I know Shockwave's Radius and sometimes Reach evolutions are bugged on the PC, causing the power to stop working on specific waves. Could be the same/a similar issue?

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

I noticed the same thing. I chalked it up to lag and not taking the radius evolution, but it may be a bug.
    Also, I wonder if it's worth it to buy the Equipment Packs. I've run out of medi-gel (Volus Adept uses it a lot), which can be a pain sometimes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I chalked it up to lag and not taking the radius evolution, but it may be a bug.
    Also, I wonder if it's worth it to buy the Equipment Packs. I've run out of medi-gel (Volus Adept uses it a lot), which can be a pain sometimes.
    Realistically speaking, Recruit packs give you the best rate of conversion (1 for 5000; compare to Vet packs 3 for 20000, or JEPs+ 5 for 33000.) But buying a ton of Recruit packs takes bloody forever so JEPs are your next best bet. In addition, JEPs have better consumables (up to level II) and you have a chance of getting 2 extra medigel in one of the common slots, improving your rate of conversion beyond that of a Recruit Pack.

I buy the Equipment packs simply because buying just one after a Gold match repays me for everything I spent in there, leaves me with cash to spare, and gets me back into the action that much faster. But if you're trying to stretch your credits spamming Recruits may be the way to go.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose I'll buy a couple of Recruit packs with whatever money I have left after the next PSP and then buy a JEP after the next match.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

*Gets random friend request*

"Who the hell?"

*Checks thread*

"Oh hi SiuiS!"
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post

"Who the hell?"

*Checks thread*

"Oh hi SiuiS!"
    Same thing happened to me. I just haven't been able to play any time he's also been on. Oh well, maybe this weekend.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ettin in the Playground

Operation Gearhead this weekend:

Spoiler
    Show
    Intel reveals that hostile forces are targeting our technical experts to damage our strategic capabilities. They must fail at this! Keep our people alive and inflict disproportionate losses wherever the enemy attempts this tactic.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points as any engineer class and extract 3 times as any engineer class on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches.

Reward: Commendation Pack
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

15. - Top - End - #1185

Mwahaha! Engineers ftw!

And I unlocked the Vorcha Hunter last night... I can kill two birds with one stone (Submission Net to finish off my Tech Mastery, and this.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Worth noting that due to a mix-up at BioWare, the Vorcha Hunter has a version of Submission Net that is the same as the Batarian Sentinel's before it received its big buff a while back. Thus, it'll rarely hit, and its damage is abysmal.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like a good opportunity to take my new Volus Engineer for a spin. I went Radius/Damage/Penalties on the Recon Mine and Shields/Regeneration/Damage Resistance on the Shield Boost. We'll see how it works...

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Worth noting that due to a mix-up at BioWare, the Vorcha Hunter has a version of Submission Net that is the same as the Batarian Sentinel's before it received its big buff a while back. Thus, it'll rarely hit, and its damage is abysmal.
    I saw that, but given that I'm impatient and hate using Batarians, I'll probably just go ahead with the gimp version and get my challenge over with.

I did practice with it, and I can hit fairly often. It also tech bursts if I incinerate afterward, and it can lock down an entire passageway with the electric field evolution.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Submission Net recieved a buff? I must have missed that and I haven't played my Batarian Sentinel much lately. What changed?

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

From the September 4th balance changes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fagnan
    Submission Net Power
    - Base cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
    - Base damage increased from 350 to 600
    - Rank 3 damage and duration bonuses increased from 20% to 30%
    - Evolve 1 damage bonus increased from 30% to 40%
    - Evolve 3 damage bonus increased from 30% to 40%
    - Evolve 4 cooldown bonus increased from 35% to 45%
    - Evolve 6 electric pulse frequency increased from 1.5 to 1 second
    - Evolve 6 electric pulse base damage increased from 100 to 150

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

That's quite a boost, yes. Maybe I'll respecialize my Batarian to drop Shockwave altogether... then I'll just focus on gunning enemies down while they're stuck in the Sobmission Net.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    That's quite a boost, yes. Maybe I'll respecialize my Batarian to drop Shockwave altogether... then I'll just focus on gunning enemies down while they're stuck in the Sobmission Net.
    I personally just skip Blade Armour. Lets you self tech burst, crowd control nicely, and detonate biotic explosions with appropriate teammates. And in all honesty, I don't really notice the lack of damage reduction on him.

I run my batarian soldier without blade armour too, for what it's worth.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, I played my Batarian Sentinel with net at release, and it was always pretty effective. Maybe I need to try him again.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Colossus in the Playground

Well I played some Sliver with my human adept. Got full extraction two times in a row. So seems he can handle sliver.

I find the pistol scope attachment helps alot, because I can aim my powers from further away.

I also took the Vorcha soldier for a spin. 8/10 Would play again. The bloodlust ability is awesome, and shooting flames is always a plus.

My only problem with the class, is that I had issues getting Flamer to work, Sometimes it wouldn't work at all. Sometimes it would start up and then stop instantly. Any suggestions?

Also at rank 4 what should I evolve it into. Damage or range?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it was mentioned. I remember because I'm pretty sure I was dancing a jig in here when they announced it. In fact, that change came online before the tech combo change and before Retaliation, IIRC.
    Huh, odd, I don't remember it. I recall Singularity getting big changes, but the main ones I remembered were the changed evolutions, the decreased duration, the increased number of enemies it can hold, the fact that it does damage by default, and the fact that it doesn't disappear if detonated in a combo. Being able to prime combos on protected enemies I somehow completely missed when reading that.

I've had no more success with it on my Human than with my Krogan. It just plain never works for me, no matter how many times I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Operation Gearhead this weekend:

Spoiler
    Show
    Intel reveals that hostile forces are targeting our technical experts to damage our strategic capabilities. They must fail at this! Keep our people alive and inflict disproportionate losses wherever the enemy attempts this tactic.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points as any engineer class and extract 3 times as any engineer class on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches.

Reward: Commendation Pack
    So, I'll be getting a free pack this weekend for doing something that I do anyway again eh? Okay, works for me.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

I personally just skip Blade Armour. Lets you self tech burst, crowd control nicely, and detonate biotic explosions with appropriate teammates. And in all honesty, I don't really notice the lack of damage reduction on him.

I run my batarian soldier without blade armour too, for what it's worth.
    I could try this as well. I've run out of respecialization cards, but I guess I can just promote Sentinels.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Banned

Aye, sorry. Thought that was well known? People have been trying the same thing with stasis ever since it happened to singularity. Either that, or they took the "enemies take more damage" evolution, because otherwise clever people keep throwing stasis at atlases and dragoons.

Yeah, but that's the thing - that build can't just depend on its powers against armored enemies, which are kind of the biggest concern around. Heck, its solution to them being melee is problematic against quite a few, what with the instant-kills and all.
    Pfff. Changing goalposts, mate. A skilled player uses terrain, powers, other players, weapons, melle, grabs, cover, enemy AI inconsistencies. First its "don't use guns", then it is "Only use powers". you can use only powers, if you want. You could also make an asari adept who does nothing but light melee. It qualifies as a caster under every statement about what a caster is up until now.

Huh. Sounds... unreliable, to say the least. I guess I can try it, but if neither power reliably sets up a combo, I don't know that I'll like it.

Zevox
    Setting up comboes wasn't one of the prerequisites for it being a caster build. Otherwise, take cryo ammo for the cryo bursts and free +100% damage.

Realistically speaking, Recruit packs give you the best rate of conversion (1 for 5000; compare to Vet packs 3 for 20000, or JEPs+ 5 for 33000.) But buying a ton of Recruit packs takes bloody forever so JEPs are your next best bet. In addition, JEPs have better consumables (up to level II) and you have a chance of getting 2 extra medigel in one of the common slots, improving your rate of conversion beyond that of a Recruit Pack.

I buy the Equipment packs simply because buying just one after a Gold match repays me for everything I spent in there, leaves me with cash to spare, and gets me back into the action that much faster. But if you're trying to stretch your credits spamming Recruits may be the way to go.
    I think you miss out on the eventual benefits. You get 5 of ten different items, including a guaranteed of each expendable. For the same price, you get six veteran packs, which can, if you are lucky, get you as much medigel, but could also get you none at all. Plus you arent limited to just 5; I've been getting 7-13 medigel quite consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post

"Who the hell?"

*Checks thread*

"Oh hi SiuiS!"
    Hi Krade!

Hi Cregan!

Boy is it. I've taken the fellow for a spin, and he is terrible.

I saw that, but given that I'm impatient and hate using Batarians, I'll probably just go ahead with the gimp version and get my challenge over with.

I did practice with it, and I can hit fairly often. It also tech bursts if I incinerate afterward, and it can lock down an entire passageway with the electric field evolution.
    I found that submission net -> incinerate gives me fire explosions.It seems like the net hits, the fire lights them up, and the electric pulse sets off the fire.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Boy is it. I've taken the fellow for a spin, and he is terrible.
    I've been running him with Incendiary Ammo for him to detonate with Incinerate. A 3/6/6/6/5 build.

I found that submission net -> incinerate gives me fire explosions.It seems like the net hits, the fire lights them up, and the electric pulse sets off the fire.
    Now if this is true, I probably try and respec him once his Submission Net gets fixed.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Pfff. Changing goalposts, mate. A skilled player uses terrain, powers, other players, weapons, melle, grabs, cover, enemy AI inconsistencies. First its "don't use guns", then it is "Only use powers". you can use only powers, if you want. You could also make an asari adept who does nothing but light melee. It qualifies as a caster under every statement about what a caster is up until now.
    No, not changing goalposts at all. Recall Psyren's example - can it kill a Banshee solo without firing a shot? For this build, I'd have to say the answer looks like a "no," because it has to go to melee to do any real damage, and that's such a risk that it could only win by the pure luck of the Banshee never going for its instant-kill. Since the Batarian lacks dodge-rolling, it can't do a couple of light melee attacks then dodge away to at least try and play it safe, and I should hardly need to point out the problem with its heavy melee there. It has the same issue with Atlases, Praetorians, and even Brutes to a lesser extent (insofar as they instant-kill at a much lower rate than the others).

As a caster, it simply has a gaping hole in its game plan there. This is why I was questioning you on how it could work as a caster in the first place - I see no way it covers that hole without relying on weapons.

Setting up comboes wasn't one of the prerequisites for it being a caster build.
    True. I'm simply musing on the question of whether I'll like it myself there.

Holy hell. That is awesome. And here I was thinking he'd only be able to do electric tech bursts. I wonder if that works on armored enemies? Submission Net still does some damage to them, if a much reduced amount, from what I've seen with my Batarian. Don't know whether the issue of it being the pre-buff version would matter there or not though.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-15 at 07:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Banned

No, not changing goalposts at all. Recall Psyren's example - can it kill a Banshee solo without firing a shot? For this build, I'd have to say the answer looks like a "no," because it has to go to melee to do any real damage, and that's such a risk that it could only win by the pure luck of the Banshee never going for its instant-kill. Since the Batarian lacks dodge-rolling, it can't do a couple of light melee attacks then dodge away to at least try and play it safe, and I should hardly need to point out the problem with its heavy melee there. It has the same issue with Atlases, Praetorians, and even Brutes to a lesser extent (insofar as they instant-kill at a much lower rate than the others).

As a caster, it simply has a gaping hole in its game plan there. This is why I was questioning you on how it could work as a caster in the first place - I see no way it covers that hole without relying on weapons.
    Banshee is easy. She only grabs when aura'd up. Stan there, wait for her to throw a warp, charge her and beat the hell out of her swollen belly.

Atlas is a bit harder, but why bother when an atlas is the one thing everyone focuses on. This is a team game, remember. If you absolutely must test your supremacy, get around behind it, charge into heavy melee, back up enough to prompt a melee attack, get hit, charge while it's staggered and then run behind it again.

Holy hell. That is awesome. And here I was thinking he'd only be able to do electric tech bursts. I wonder if that works on armored enemies? Submission Net still does some damage to them, if a much reduced amount, from what I've seen with my Batarian. Don't know whether the issue of it being the pre-buff version would matter there or not though.

Zevox
    If you can fire prime the armored target, then yeah. It was not 100% consistent, but that's mostly because my team mates kept killin targets before I could get a second incinerate off.