New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,492 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Banned

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Finally got bored and hit YouTube. Like Nyreen's voice, but kinda sad they gave he mammary impressions on her shirt. Oh well.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Finally got bored and hit YouTube. Like Nyreen's voice, but kinda sad they gave he mammary impressions on her shirt. Oh well.
    Maybe it's like the Salarians with their concave chests. Part of the clothing to make them fit in with the other races.

/Headcanon
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-11-29 at 04:05 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Yeah, pretty much the same concept. Female human, but with whatever slight alteration it is that they do to make Turians sound a bit different from a human.
    I think it's flanging.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

https://twitter.com/PatrickWeekes/st...99045423652864

Female turians don't have breasts, if that's what you were implying.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Reasons why I like the turian sentinel, and why I think they're so popular:

• Incredibly durable.
    • Warp is Warp, and thus lets them detonate and prime biotic explosions and give targets an excellent debuff.
    • Chain Overload provides excellent crowd control.
    • Their passive allows you to largely negate the recoil of the Hurricane, the most damaging SMG there is, letting you hit very hard between power castings.

In short, they're a jack of all trades that's good at everything, rather than merely decent. Sure, there's no dodge, but after a while you get a good sense of when to turn around and sprint for your life.

Also: any ideas for a new thread title?

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here are my thoughts on the Geth Infiltrator Prox Mine build:

It turned my Geth Infiltator into a pure glass cannon by completely skipping Fitness. I feel that my damage did increase thanks to prox mine, especially since I took the evolution to increase damage against the target. Sniping with it while nailing things with my GPS allowed me to take down heavies a bit quicker, which was nice.

On a team it's a good build, but I feel like I would be better served for soloing maps by skipping it and taking full fitness to take the edge off of the shield debuff from Hunter Mode. I am going to solo a Silver with it before I make my final decision to respec him, though.

I also tried out my Turian Ghost last night- went with a 6/6/6/6/0 build. Having Overload was very nice, but I do think that skipping it and going for full fitness would serve me better for solo- I have the Acolyte for taking down shields, which seems like a decent trade.

Currently Stim Packs are spec'd for full shield boost. Not sure if losing one of those for damage would be advantageous.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Currently thinking:

"Mass Effect 3.8: an Anomaly" or "More intelligent than the Intelligence", although that last one might be a bit spoilery
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got this over the Thanksgiving weekend ($10), my friends wanted me to get it. It is quite a bit of fun, I like a multiplayer where you're still fighting the computer instead of other people.

Any tips for a newbie? What are the best packs to spend my credits on early, should I just save up for the most expensive everytime?

I got a M-99 Saber assault rifle, I think that's my only decent gun so far. And class-wise a Turian Soldier, Krogan Sentinel and Volus Engineer (which I haven't played yet.)

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brumski View Post
    Any tips for a newbie? What are the best packs to spend my credits on early, should I just save up for the most expensive everytime?

I got a M-99 Saber assault rifle, I think that's my only decent gun so far. And class-wise a Turian Soldier, Krogan Sentinel and Volus Engineer (which I haven't played yet.)
    My honest suggestion is to just buy Veteran packs until you get your uncommon weapons up to rank X, then you can go for Specter and PSPs. That way you will build up a good assortment of decent weapons that will let you get into Silver and, eventually, Gold. You'll get some rares in there, but not often, but because of the annoying way the random pack system works it really is to your benefit to get the common and uncommon stuff out of the way as much as possible before you start chasing rares.

This will also be good because it will give you more bang for your buck to start out with. As a brand new player it would hurt you to try to save up for the more expensive packs, as you would not get enough return on your playing time- you would have to play a lot more games with inferior equipment.

If you're on XBL my tag is CreganTur- I'll help you if I can.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

Buy the basic Recruit Packs at first until you've gotten the five common weapons up to rank X. This should also give you a decent stock of consumables to use.

You can then move to buying veteran packs. A lot of the uncommon guns are pretty decent, but the important thing you want here is the Gear (the equipment option in the bottom right, unlike the other sorts they're not consumed by use so there's no reason not to use one in every match). After that you'll want to start buying the most expensive option, Premium Spectre Packs.

On tips:
    -Use cover. You actually get a degree of damage resistance just for being in cover, so it's rarely a bad idea to be in it. Just remember to cut and run when you start getting overwhelmed.
    -Learn how power combos work (see below).
    -Try to have a mike handy.
    -Remember to revive your team mates.
    -Save your medigels until either you're about to bleed out or an enemy is about to stomp on you.
    -Start playing on Bronze. Don't move on until you can, at the very least, deal with a boss (Banshee, Prime, Atlas, Praetorian) enemy without having to use a missile.
    -Collectors are harder than any other faction, by the reckoning of most of the players. Don't be discouraged if they wipe the floor with you more than the other factions do.

Volus Engineer is a support character for the most part - they're known for debuffing enemies and healing allies. They're a bit on the fragile side though, so it might not be the best idea to use him straight off.

But you know who isn't fragile? The Krogan Sentinel. Spec him for durability and you'll have an excellent class for a gun-toting newbie to use. He'd be a good place to use that Saber you got.

The Turian Soldier is best with light, high damage weapons that you don't have yet, but his abilities let him make just about any gun in the game into a decent one.

If you'd rather focus on power use, the basic Human Sentinel, Adept and Engineer are all pretty powerfu (as are all of the starting kits, really). You just have to learn how power combos work. Make sure to keep your weapons loadout as light as possible so that your powers cooldown fast - you don't have to equip two guns if you don't want to.

On the the subject of power combos, here's the basics of how they work. If a power leaves an effect on enemy, like the flames from Incinerate or the glow from Warp, you can hit the enemy with another power to detonate the effect for massive damage. Biotics, the glowy purplely-blue ones, can only be detonated by biotics, but have options on the powers to make the explosions even more powerful. Tech combos can be detonated by almost any sort of power that does damage, but only have a couple of power that enhance the strength of their explosions. The human Sentinel's Warp -> Throw is the quintessential biotic combo, while the Engineer's Incinerate -> Overload is a fairly standard tech combo.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CreganTur View Post
    I also tried out my Turian Ghost last night- went with a 6/6/6/6/0 build. Having Overload was very nice, but I do think that skipping it and going for full fitness would serve me better for solo- I have the Acolyte for taking down shields, which seems like a decent trade.

Currently Stim Packs are spec'd for full shield boost. Not sure if losing one of those for damage would be advantageous.
    Currently, I've got mine set with;
    Fitness/Tac Cloak/Armiger Legion at 6, Overload at 5 and Stimpacks at 3.
    Having overload on hand, with a little bit of chain and neural shock is just too useful to pass up. With an assault rifle specced for armour piercing, you can pretty much handle anything that's thrown at you, I find.

And really, I don't see the point in throwing anymore ranks at Stimpack. It instantly regenerates your sheild, that's the most important thing. The buffs don't last that long, making fitness a better overall investment to my mind, but you get plenty of boost still from just those 3 ranks, and with the warfighter equipment (one of the few I have, admittedly), I get a little boost to assualt rifle damage and an extra grenade/stimpack. Given that the ammo refil items that I basically haven't used ever previously refill grenade slot too, (I have a couple of hundred of them compared to ten or twelve of the nearest other item at this point) I don't feel I'm missing out on much.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Spamalot in the Playground

Edge was consistently able to outperform a geth trooper as a Turian sentinel. I figured it was relevant since Payren said he wasn't happy with them, and another playgrounder was sufficiently skilled as to make it rock.

I think the key would be a good gun, overload, and ammo. But as I haven't done it, you should take that with a lick or two of salt.
    Who's "Payren?"

Skill had nothing to do with my dislike - it's a playstyle thing. It's not that I couldn't kick ass on the TS - I can and have, back before I had all the other character cards. But any strategy I can think of using it for, I could do better elsewhere. Case in point - the strategy you mention above (overload, good gun, ammo), I could pull off just as easily on the Ghost, and have cloak, self-healing and rocket-dodge besides. Or tech-bursting like a fiend - my Human Engineer or Brotarian would do a much better job there.

And the prevalence of TS in the stats may simply be because he's uncommon and doesn't rely on guns (thus making him effective even with the starters like Avenger.) Less people play gold than you think, that's one reason why they had the score buffs awhile back.

Oh, I know the Turian Sentinel can be quite good - I believe I mentioned once before that it's likely the class I've used most on gold lately, didn't I? What surprises me is simply the popularity. I don't often see other players using the class, so I didn't think it would be anywhere near that highly-used compared to something like the Turian Ghost, which I do see a lot. Maybe it's more popular among PC players or something.
    As I said above, its popularity can easily be explained by its cheaper rarity. It might be the only Turian many people have. Add that to its similarity to the ME2 Sentinel and you have a number of reasons before you get into how popular it is for a player who actually has a choice of which class to have completed that challenge with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Currently, I've got mine set with;
    Fitness/Tac Cloak/Armiger Legion at 6, Overload at 5 and Stimpacks at 3.
    Having overload on hand, with a little bit of chain and neural shock is just too useful to pass up. With an assault rifle specced for armour piercing, you can pretty much handle anything that's thrown at you, I find.

And really, I don't see the point in throwing anymore ranks at Stimpack. It instantly regenerates your sheild, that's the most important thing. The buffs don't last that long, making fitness a better overall investment to my mind, but you get plenty of boost still from just those 3 ranks, and with the warfighter equipment (one of the few I have, admittedly), I get a little boost to assualt rifle damage and an extra grenade/stimpack. Given that the ammo refil items that I basically haven't used ever previously refill grenade slot too, (I have a couple of hundred of them compared to ten or twelve of the nearest other item at this point) I don't feel I'm missing out on much.
    Stim rank 5 gives you another one, and that one can be life or death though. Alternatively, it boosts the duration quite a bit, which would help a lot with your problem above. I honestly think having more of them is better than the piddly protection Toughness gets you; I personally find Toughness to be useless on Gold except on classes with some form of DR e.g. Tech Armor or Fortification.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-11-29 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation: Detonator announced.

Well, this'll be easy. Also, the fluff text gives me hope that we might see more turian biotics in the future. *crosses fingers*

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Reasons why I like the turian sentinel, and why I think they're so popular:

• Incredibly durable.
    • Warp is Warp, and thus lets them detonate and prime biotic explosions and give targets an excellent debuff.
    • Chain Overload provides excellent crowd control.
    That's pretty much why I like it so much, yeah. Much like an ME2 Sentinel, the Turian has an answer for everything. Overload for chain-stunning weaker targets and shield-stripping, Warp for heavier targets, both for direct damage and expose. Warp is further a universal detonator, allowing you to work great with any other class that can prime any kind of combo. Add on Turian health and Tech Armor for great durability and the higher carry capacity allowing me to use a Phaeston and still get 200% cooldowns, and there's just no down side.

I also tend to use Incendiary ammo when playing on gold, so I can spray a group of enemies with the Phaeston, then do Overload for 2-3 fire bursts in rapid succession.

Although (or perhaps because) it comes with some serious irony, I can't help but suggest one of the more memorable lines from Omega:

"How things begin isn't nearly as important as how they end."

Easiest. Operation. Ever.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Easiest. Operation. Ever.

Zevox
    It'll be a great opportunity to work on my Biotic mastery. Now, do you get points toward a skill there if it sets off / sets up an explosion?
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-29 at 06:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    It'll be a great opportunity to work on my Biotic mastery. Now, do you get points toward a skill there if it sets off / sets up an explosion?
    Sure - the priming/detonating power still does its thing in addition to setting up/setting off the explosion, after all.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure - the priming/detonating power still does its thing in addition to setting up/setting off the explosion, after all.

Zevox
    All right, thanks. I was never sure whether it counted the points by whatever dealt the killing blow or not.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    All right, thanks. I was never sure whether it counted the points by whatever dealt the killing blow or not.
    It gives them out by damage dealt. If it were killing blow only I would have gotten fewer of those achievement-things for a number of powers, since I rarely kill things with, for example, Overload or Reave.

The operation this weekend does say that only killing blows count towards it though. Considering how powerful biotic combos are though that shouldn't be an issue.

Zevox

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Stim rank 5 gives you another one, and that one can be life or death though. Alternatively, it boosts the duration quite a bit, which would help a lot with your problem above. I honestly think having more of them is better than the piddly protection Toughness gets you; I personally find Toughness to be useless on Gold except on classes with some form of DR e.g. Tech Armor or Fortification.
    Well, starting with an extra one might be nice, but going from 3 to 4 stimpacks in exchange for losing, like, +65% sheild, health and melee or something like that (on my own build), I'm just not sure that's worth it. If I need more than 3 in one encounter, I suspect I'm probably getting my ass kicked hard enough that the fourth is unlikely to make a significant difference anyway. (I find the Ghost's melee surprisingly useful for dealing with things like those new, armoured whip cerberus guys. Centurians? When they've got in close, it breaks up their rhythm and staggers them, usually enough for me to finish them off before they've recovered.

And I certainly feel pretty durable on gold.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What's the going exchange rate on Bioware points? I'm trying to figure out whether Omega is worth it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    What's the going exchange rate on Bioware points? I'm trying to figure out whether Omega is worth it or not.
    Don't know how Bioware points work specifically, but assuming the price doesn't change between platforms, it's the equivalent of $15 US.

Zevox

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Banned

Here you go, friends; new thread!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post14302198