New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Strange coincidence: By ME3 I was in the complete opposite place to you.

Grissom Academy, for example - My (Renegade, no less) Engineer FemShep can hack through just about anything and remotely detonate 80% of the Mechs in the Galaxy with one gesture, and yet for some reason she stood back and let Garrus take down the 'boosted' shield that David and his friends are hiding under.

*I* could totally have done that! Delegation is all well and good, but *I* wanted to make the experimental generator explode and then verbally slap down the cocky twerp hiding under it, not leave it to a thump-monkey lackey!
    I had similar problems. I'm playing through as an engineer, yet Shepard continuously asks stupid questions for the other techies to explain or correct.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Class specific cutscenes... if only.
    Yeah it got really annoying in Lair with all the biotics, and my Adept derping with pistol in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    *I* could totally have done that! Delegation is all well and good, but *I* wanted to make the experimental generator explode and then verbally slap down the cocky twerp hiding under it, not leave it to a thump-monkey lackey!
    Good point Though you can at least fluff it as Shepard being so insulted by the shoddy tech that she doesn't even want to sully her omnitool with it. "Yo' algorithms so bad, Imma let my homeboy Garrus crack yo ****."

Though I never ran into that personally. My Engineer is paragon and I always do Overlord, so I always had the really cool moment with David Archer instead.

My Renegade Vanguard had EDI along though, and that was funny as hell. "We don't have time for this. EDI?" "Remain still." *1337 h4x, shield drops* *snarky comment*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wanted everyone to know that the "Review Ticket" thing for if you don't get your commendation pack does work.

That is all.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I guess it's a preference thing? I was using the Claymore long before the Piranha existed. It also has range. I can head shot mooks at distances that the Piranha would be lucky to get one pellet on. Also, the single shot nature of the Claymore I fell is more appropriate for infiltrators.

The Piranha just feels too unreliable. I'll take a weaker, reliable gun over any powerful, unreliable gun. See also: my preference for the Phaeston.
    I do not comprehend your use of unreliable.
    I have, with the piranha, sniped a stream of enemies from every decent nest except central dagger to the left (sniping from the central chamber to the front or right works fine, the far left is just far enough to reduce effectiveness with auto fire), and see drastic improvement if I don't spray.

As an infiltrator I am also always able to get within perfect firing range and then return to cover.

The claymore may have a tighter spread though, I haven't checked. I do know the piranha is designed to have a huge spread however, so it stands to reason.

I just wanted everyone to know that the "Review Ticket" thing for if you don't get your commendation pack does work.

That is all.
    I should probably do that. What's the cut-off? And the link is in this thread or at the end of last thread? I was worried someone had just snuck an ops pack or something, but it's worth a shot.

-

Today had some fun moments with a Justicar. Pull doing +75% detonation damage/force is good times. It was often actually useful to pull a husk or cannibal past a banshee and detonate it, rather than just shoot and reave the banshee. And the warp bubble has earned my grudging respect, although I wish it operated more like Anihilation field, and reset itself. The DoT is handy though. I actually got two guardian kills via warp from biotic sphere! That was surprising.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Having much better luck with normal Spectre Packs than the Premium variety. A Paladin and a Scorpion in one day, as well as two uncommon gears. Still no Harrier though, but I'm hopeful.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I do not comprehend your use of unreliable.
    I have, with the piranha, sniped a stream of enemies from every decent nest except central dagger to the left (sniping from the central chamber to the front or right works fine, the far left is just far enough to reduce effectiveness with auto fire), and see drastic improvement if I don't spray.

As an infiltrator I am also always able to get within perfect firing range and then return to cover.

The claymore may have a tighter spread though, I haven't checked. I do know the piranha is designed to have a huge spread however, so it stands to reason.
    In my experience, The Piranha is worthless at range regardless of any mods, class, or expendables. It's great up close, but that close is not my preferred engagement range.

I should probably do that. What's the cut-off? And the link is in this thread or at the end of last thread? I was worried someone had just snuck an ops pack or something, but it's worth a shot.
    I'm unsure if when the cutoff is, but here's the link. Might want to do it soon since once the timer at the top of the page runs out you are definitely SOL, and the review itself takes a day or two.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-09-16 at 04:11 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to agree with Siuis. I have gotten have more ranged headshots with the Pirahna than seems reasonable or likely. I wouldn't exactly call it reliable, but I regularly somehow get the 5 or 10 headshot medal with it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

In my experience, The Piranha is worthless at range regardless of any mods, class, or expendables. It's great up close, but that close is not my preferred engagement range.
    I normally agree, but using the smart choke, and the accuracy boosts from either hunter mode or destroyer mode can do wonders. Personally, I've never ha luck with the claymore, but shotguns in general are difficult for me to use. Strange delays, inconsistent results in damage and accuracy, etc. so it takes consistent effort to get a feel for one. I'll try the claymore, see how it compares. I'll try the same build set as a control.

I'm unsure if when the cutoff is, but here's the link. Might want to do it soon since once the timer at the top of the page runs out you are definitely SOL, and the review itself takes a day or two.
    Alright, thanks. I'll do that now.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

I got the Acolyte yesterday, which I've been using with my Vanguard. I loaded him up with a new shotty (loads 8 shots, semi-auto), and upgraded so I can charge and Nova very quickly. I've been able to move about with a flickering akin to a much more quickly Banshee.

Acolyte burst, charge, shotgun, nova, charge, shotgun, nova. My charge will be ready almost instantly when I use a Nova, and I can Nova immediately after a charge.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I got the Acolyte yesterday, which I've been using with my Vanguard. I loaded him up with a new shotty (loads 8 shots, semi-auto), and upgraded so I can charge and Nova very quickly. I've been able to move about with a flickering akin to a much more quickly Banshee.

Acolyte burst, charge, shotgun, nova, charge, shotgun, nova. My charge will be ready almost instantly when I use a Nova, and I can Nova immediately after a charge.
    Sounds very effective. The Acolyte pistol is certainly a game changer once you get the hang of it. I saw a player solo half a wave on Platinum with that gun (and a Piranha).
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Got my commendation. The drop? The N7 Valiant. This goes straight to my Quarian Infiltrator.

Also got the Eviscerator as a drop. That goes with my Vanguard.

I have two HPs, two SMGs, two SGs, one two ARs, and seven eight SRs. C'mon.

That shotty I mentioned earlier (with 8 shots loaded)? It's absolutely killer with an Adrenaline Rush-ed Turian Soldier. I'm serious: it's absolutely insane how quickly I can empty a clip into anything. Their health drops faster than I'd ever hoped was possible.

The Valiant's also solid with the usual Cloak -> Sabotage -> Shoot-shoot-shoot combo. I've killed a great many Banshees singlehandedly with that tactic.

EDIT: Got the Javelin as my first true Ultra-Rare drop. I also got a Striker, which I will actually use instead of the stupid Javelin. Seriously! The Valiant blows it out of the water!
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-17 at 09:18 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

Nova!guard is a pretty slick build, able to trash a lot unless you get too cocky. A personal favorite really.

The eight shot semi-auto is the N7 Piranha, and is currently the best gun in te game. It's damage per second capacity exceeds EVERYTHING else, and at maximum rank has an average weight penalty of +150%. It's also somehow really effective against armor.

Got my commendation. The drop? The N7 Valiant. This goes straight to my Quarian Infiltrator.

Also got the Eviscerator as a drop. That goes with my Vanguard.

I have two HPs, two SMGs, two SGs, one two ARs, and seven eight SRs. C'mon.
    It's a matter of packs. There are only a couple of each gun in each tier. I think the phalanx and predator are both common, the arc pistol, acolyte, Carnifex all rare, and suddenly I can't recall if there are any uncommon pistols... Maybe the phalanx is uncommon?

That shotty I mentioned earlier (with 8 shots loaded)? It's absolutely killer with an Adrenaline Rush-ed Turian Soldier. I'm serious: it's absolutely insane how quickly I can empty a clip into anything. Their health drops faster than I'd ever hoped was possible.
    If you get a Geth unit, or the N7 Destroyer, use hunter/Devastator mode to boost accuracy as much as possible. The Piranha can then function as a makeshift SR, able to headshot enemies from long range, just outside of where your powers can track. It's amazing.

The Valiant's also solid with the usual Cloak -> Sabotage -> Shoot-shoot-shoot combo. I've killed a great many Banshees singlehandedly with that tactic.

EDIT: Got the Javelin as my first true Ultra-Rare drop. I also got a Striker, which I will actually use instead of the stupid Javelin. Seriously! The Valiant blows it out of the water!
    The javelin has its place. Single highest output, I think, except when comparing javelin I and claymore X. Tactical cloak, Sniper rail amp, sniper amp, and maxed turian training give you ~1,000 damage plus 170% more. That's nothing to sneeze at when you can shoot targets through walls.

In general a front loaded weapon is better against any enemy with health at either 99.99% damage, or double/triple that. A single shot kill is better than a full clip of the valiant, because that's a second more time you have tidier with the valiant, where with the javelin you're done. With the faster gun, the amount of damage inflicted over time begins to swing in the faster gun's favor. This is why the geth plasma SMG is one of the best guns in its weight class.

-

Tried to compare claymore and piranha today. Used a Salarian infiltrator, with debuffing proximity mine. Once I got used to the claymore it was alright. A single mine and shot could take out just about anything but a full shield hunter. Where things got interesting were in high-stress situations.

Against singular armored targets, like stripped pyros, brutes and ravagers the claymore did an astounding about of damage. Both died in two cloak cycles (prose took one cloak cycle, plus an extra mine). Upon switching back to the, I found he extra seeming half-second thr targets survived to be highly irritating.

Against double hardened targets - primes, atlases, banshees, full pyros - the claymore was remarkably unwieldly. A single claymore shot was as useful as two shots from the piranha - except the piranha got off another two shots by the time the claymore was ready to go again. In all, I could empty the piranha in the time it took to fire three claymore rounds, and the piranha has some supernatural advantage against armor that the claymore does not. Further, against targets this large, the added accuracy of the claymore (roughly 20% firing distance) wasn't advantageous. The piranha covered the entire prime/banshee torso at the same long range. Only when as far out possibly on the map did the claymore have an edge, but it lacked the ammo capacity to make that worthwhile; a single bar of prime armor is not worth two shots, when I could spend that time closing the distance.

Finally, against thick firefight situations, the piranha shined. Where te claymore was capable of definitely taking out one target at a time, the piranha was too - and also possibly dropping a second or third as well. With the claymore, proximity mines were my go-to crowd control, but the much heavier claymore made firing them difficult, at +41%, compared to the +180% of the Salarian or +200% of the geth. I wound up relying on a Power Efficiency module to stay competitive, otherwise working as a jackal and picking off stragglers or flankers.

Final synopsis: the claymore is fun. Switching back to piranha from claymore left me disappointed with the amount of time it took to kill a target. But at the end of the day, the Piranha can fulfill the Claymore'a function. The claymore cannot fulfill the piranha's function. That slight dip in firing distance is more than made up for by the huge boost in functionality, versatility and rapid response.

I will try with an accuracy build next, to see if the increase in claymore accuracy is quadratic. If so, it would still be pretty slick, possibly a superior weapon for a geth infiltrator.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wanted to share something. I work in a factory, and there is a new large machine tool that was installed while I was away from work for a week. When it in use, it sounds almost EXACTLY like the Reaper buzz.

First time I heard it, I was a tad afraid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

News.

The co-founders of Bioware, Doctors Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, are retiring from the game industry. Apparently they have blog posts about it explaining their decisions, but I didn't bother to look for them.

The next single-player ME3 DLC, titled "Omega," will be coming in the fall. Surprising all of no one I'm sure, but nice to have confirmed.

Further multiplayer DLC is in the works, but nothing specific is mentioned.

There are plans for another Mass Effect game already in the works. Nothing specific, though.

Bioware is also working on a new IP, "built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology," whatever that might mean (Wii U? Next-gen Sony/Microsoft stuff?).

That last is quite surprising to me - I'd kind of assumed that Dragon Age and Mass Effect would consume Bioware's time from here on out for the forseeable future, so a new IP being in the works was not something I expected. I look forward to finding out what it is, though.

As for the founders' departure... *shrug* . Not knowing what they did exactly, I can't say I have any reaction to it myself. I'm sure it'll trigger all sorts of conspiracy theories though, given the current state of Bioware's fan base.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Balance changes:

Spoiler
    Show
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    September 18, 2012

Argus Assault Rifle now available as a new Rare weapon

Locust SMG
    - Damage increased from [37.7-47.1] to [40.8-51.0]
    - Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2.5 to 3
    - Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
    - Max spare ammo increased from [260-340] to [275-350]

Viper Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [265.6-332.0] to [292.1-365.2]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [74.6-93.3] to [84.8-106.0]

Raptor Sniper Rifle
    - Encumbrance decreased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.0-0.7]

New rare assault rifle and the locust sucks less now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

Got the Argus a couple hours ago but haven't used it. Comparing statistical specs, it seems like an inferior version of the vindicator - slight damage boost, heavy, slower, less accurate. And then I remembered I'm comparing Argus 1 to Vindicator 10. So yeah.

Also, claymore on the geth infiltrator is waaaaay better than on anything else. I mean wow.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-19 at 02:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Got the Argus a couple hours ago but haven't used it. Comparing statistical specs, it seems like an inferior version of the vindicator - slight damage boost, heavy, slower, less accurate. And then I remembered I'm comparing Argus 1 to Vindicator 10. So yeah.
    From what I've been hearing on the Bioware forums, your impression is right. Apparently it's too inaccurate and has too much recoil to be used at range, and fires too slowly to be used up close. Sort of like if the Wraith were an assault rifle.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    News.As for the founders' departure... *shrug* . Not knowing what they did exactly, I can't say I have any reaction to it myself. I'm sure it'll trigger all sorts of conspiracy theories though, given the current state of Bioware's fan base.

Zevox
    Well... that's a thing that has happened. Like you, I'm not sure whether, in the end, we will see a change in Bioware (more than we already have in recent years) or not. Time will tell I guess. (Bioware has already come off my "automatic preorder" list anyway, though (not all entirely their own fault; I've more or less stopped pre-ordering games, like period, after being burned enough times. Currently that list is like Blizzard (Starcraft) and Pokemon (because it'd be kinda hard to screw the main games up, really; though sadly, I suspect that day will come eventually...!))

My biggest fear is that we may never again see the like of Torment now, (especially with EA's apparent crusade against those of us that don't always want to play multiplayer in absolutely everything), but to be fair, that writing had sorta been on the wall, really, since after Dragon Age.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    My biggest fear is that we may never again see the like of Torment now, (especially with EA's apparent crusade against those of us that don't always want to play multiplayer in absolutely everything), but to be fair, that writing had sorta been on the wall, really, since after Dragon Age.
    I assume you're talking about Planescape: Torment here? Because BioWare didn't develop that, Black Isle Studios (most of whom are now at Obsidian) did.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I assume you're talking about Planescape: Torment here? Because BioWare didn't develop that, Black Isle Studios (most of whom are now at Obsidian) did.
    Bioware and Black Isle worked together on quite a lot of those early AD&D games, though, and as the latter long since ceased to be (and Obsidian just isn't as anywhere near as good at it as Bioware - their endings are even worse than Bioware's (ME3 excepting)!), so Bioware was really the last hope for something like that.

Though wiki tells me Interplay have reopened Black Isle with completely new staff, including Chris Taylor. (Which Chris Taylor was a good question - as there are apparently two! - though wiki says this one appears to be the Fallout-designer-guy, as opposed to the Total-Annihilation-designer-guy, (who I have Issues with after Supreme Commander 2...!)) Colour me slightly dubious.

Truth of it is though, it's very likely that we will never see the like of Torment again, because the mandatory requirement of shiny graphics and voice-work and the complexity of same require such a larger investment of time and money that to do something as big and detailed as Torment on something like the level of ME or DA would probably be nearly impossible financially. (As they said with DA, it's gone beyond the point you can just recolour some sprites and add a portrait.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-19 at 06:45 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Halfling in the Playground

Looks like Operation Patriot has been posted.

Squad goal is very specifically not soloable, but shouldn't be too hard to do. I think the Allied goal is also doable, but I could be remembering my numbers incorrectly. The penalty for last week's failure should be interesting.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mind posting text to those who can't follow the link at work?
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CreganTur View Post
    Mind posting text to those who can't follow the link at work?
    Sorry, forgot about that.

Operation: PATRIOT (Sept. 21st – 23rd)

Cerberus continues to put pressure on our troops, hindering our fight against the Reapers. Our allies have committed their top military units to target Cerberus’ most valuable assets: their Atlas Mechs.

Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with all squad members as the same non-human race. Requires 2 or more players in squad.

Allied Goal: Kill 600,000 Atlas Mechs on any map at any difficulty.

Special Circumstances: Escort Drones travel speed reduced.

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack.

24. - Top - End - #174

For Squad Goal I expect lots of Asari and Geth teams. Maybe some Krogan too?

Even though they're forcing grouping for this one I'm not upset; at least you'll know if you have a shot at completing it before the game starts, unlike the crappy "no-consumables" one where you'd have no idea if someone else broke the seal or not and screwed the other three players over.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I just wanted to share something. I work in a factory, and there is a new large machine tool that was installed while I was away from work for a week. When it in use, it sounds almost EXACTLY like the Reaper buzz.

First time I heard it, I was a tad afraid.
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Balance changes:

Spoiler
    Show
    September 18, 2012

Argus Assault Rifle now available as a new Rare weapon

Locust SMG
    - Damage increased from [37.7-47.1] to [40.8-51.0]
    - Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2.5 to 3
    - Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
    - Max spare ammo increased from [260-340] to [275-350]

Viper Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [265.6-332.0] to [292.1-365.2]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [74.6-93.3] to [84.8-106.0]

Raptor Sniper Rifle
    - Encumbrance decreased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.0-0.7]

New rare assault rifle and the locust sucks less now.
    Love the Viper boost, my Gengineer will be happy. I'll give the new Locust a whirl.

Maybe I'll find an all-Geth team to join this weekend, wouldn't that be fun.

In other news I unlocked the Cerberus Harrier and I LOVE IT! Even at level 1 it blows all my other ARs away. Nothing quite like shredding a Banshee at range.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

In other news I unlocked the Cerberus Harrier and I LOVE IT! Even at level 1 it blows all my other ARs away. Nothing quite like shredding a Banshee at range.
    Hate you so much.

Anyone up for double-teaming a bronze game for the squad goal on PC? I've got a salarian infiltrator and asari justicar at reasonable levels at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    /cough

Obsidian has a Kickstarter for a new isometric RPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rnity?ref=live

This is the future for genres of video games that have a small dedicated following (e.g. 2D adventure games), but no large commercial base. AAA video games are such a large scale endeavor and large budgetary risk that the risk has to be spread across PC/consoles and some games like BG2 don't work well on consoles.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-09-19 at 03:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I've thought recently about going back to ME3 multiplayer. I quit it before I got bored and immensely frustrated with the highly stupid random booster pack system. While as far as I know the pack system is a idiotic as ever, after a long pause I think I could go back without being bored...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    /cough

Obsidian has a Kickstarter for a new isometric RPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rnity?ref=live
    *follows link*

Huh.

Well.

That is the first piece of good news on the computer gaming front I've heard in weeks. Thanks for that.

I mean, maybe some of Obsidian's more recent stuff hasn't has some of the sheen to it, but that's not to say they weren't pretty solid even then. (And without perhaps being pushed to release before it's finished (*cough*KotR2*cough*) they should be able to do a very solid job. To be fair, NWN2's "rocks falls, everybody dies" was a horrible ending, but it did, at least, come after probably the best final boss fight (as you got all your expanded party - even ME never managed that!) I've ever seen in one of these types of RPG. So, yeah, I'll bite on that.

(Certainly rather spend my money on that than more ME3 DLC I may or may not be able to get working if they haven't sorted the PC connection issues...!)

Given it appears they are already well off on their target, I might well make a contribution (after all, that would make, what, only the third possible game coming out in the next two years...?)

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

So, I played a few matches, earned 60000 credits and went to buy a Spectre Pack, not expecting much. Turns out, I finally got a Krogan Soldier. About time. Now I'm not sure how to allocate this guy's skills, since he starts out at level 20. Should I pick either Carnage or Inferno Grenade or rather split my points between both? I think I'll give him the Claymore shotgun with an increased clip and blade attachment.
    EDIT: I ended up putting 4 points in Carnage and Inferno Grenade and maxing everything else. However, for some reason I can't see the enemy when I play.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-20 at 09:55 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #180

Tried the Locust on Gold - still sucks. I can't even really call it a caster weapon; Either you easily outdamage it without firing a shot (biotics) or you have the capacity for heavier, and much better, guns anyway (engineers/sentinels). I guess it's nice leveling up before you have your passive but once you can carry something heavier, toss it.

I have my Fury carry it (it still looks pretty sexy) but it gathers dust at her hip.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy