Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: For Gold & Glory OOC

Knowledge (arcana) to identify 1: (1d20+17)[35]
    Knowledge (arcana) to identify 2: (1d20+17)[22]

Knowledge (religion) for KD on summoned creatures (1d20+12)[14] +1/+1 Forgot Collector of stories. Actualy 19 for +2/+2.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-09-12 at 06:52 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

...You can use Knowledge Devotion (religion) for summons?

They're both the same- Rainbow Blast and Shadow Spray.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Assuming they're outsiders, yes, and most are.

Edit: How climbable are the walls?
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-09-12 at 06:53 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Might as well roll for init.
    Initiative: (1d20+10)[29]
    Edit: Woot.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2012-09-12 at 07:17 PM.
    Ms. Creative by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler: Green?
    Show
    GREEN IS NOT A CREATIVE COLOR
    I Use My Hair To Express Myself!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

So we win initiative.

Lateral, you might consider resizing the maps so they don't stretch the screen so much. You can do it right on Photobucket by hovering over the picture and choosing "Edit", then click "Switch to Advanced Editing" down in the lower left, and then Image > Image Size. I usually go for a maximum width of 700 pixels, which for this map would look like this:

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

That pile of treasure is super suspicious. So these oozes are like living spells or something? We have a plan, or we just going in and smashing like last time. Ek'ann seems to recall that that plan worked very well, but then again, my character also has a concussion from being knocked unconscious by a stone giant.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Postmodernist View Post
    That pile of treasure is super suspicious. So these oozes are like living spells or something? We have a plan, or we just going in and smashing like last time. Ek'ann seems to recall that that plan worked very well, but then again, my character also has a concussion from being knocked unconscious by a stone giant.
    We got in, right? Totally worked!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Lateral, you might consider resizing the maps so they don't stretch the screen so much.
    Will try to remember.
    Want my advice? Go straight for the summoning ooze. Summon Monster spells are whole-round spells, so if you hit it before its turn comes up it'll have to make a Concentration check. Trust me, the summoning ooze is a lot more dangerous here than the living spells.
    Edit: How climbable are the walls?
    DC 25.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2012-09-12 at 09:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I was planning on casting girallon's blessing and then climbing and peppering the oozes with arrows. Unless there are any objections, that's what I'll do.

I'd advise avoiding melee with the living spells as much as possible since they'll do 4 Strength damage and daze with their slam attack, in addition to the 5dx elemental damage. Perhaps Ek'ann and Arapim hit the summoning ooze and let me deal with the living spells for a bit.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-09-12 at 09:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Remember, the summoning ooze is fifteen feet off the ground, so it's out of reach. Ek'ann can fly, but Arapim will probably need to use her jumping maneuvers.

@V: No, I'm just reminding them that they can't just charge over there and stab it in the face.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2012-09-12 at 10:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but the consequences of engaging the living spells in melee is so nasty that I think it's better to use those maneuvers.

12. - Top - End - #132

Just a minor heads up: my schedule is going to be pretty hectic, though it should remain reasonably regular. I'm starting to run a pretty intense educational and after school program for underprivileged kids, so my days will be pretty thoroughly occupied. I'll definitely be able to update and read up on the thread once a day, but it may briefly be limited only to that much. Once my phone upgrade goes through (and I can get rid of the beater I've been temporarily using since my old one broke) next week, I should be able to occasionally go though via my phone. This shouldn't significantly effect the game, but I want everyone to be informed ahead of time.

Regarding the fight, do we have a plan and/or any particular requests? Can oozes/living spells cast spells defensively, or do they count as SLAs? Ek'ann has a couple of strategic options, notably activating his vestige's Sow Discord ability. If there aren't any objections, he'll adopt a defensive position and attempt that. If we're lucky, our enemies will start beating on each other. Other bright ideas are more than welcome.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Regarding the fight, do we have a plan and/or any particular requests? Can oozes/living spells cast spells defensively, or do they count as SLAs?
    They have two ways of using their spells: If you're hit by their slam attack, you're affected, and if they "flow over" you (essentially a special grapple) you're affected each round.

Ek'ann has a couple of strategic options, notably activating his vestige's Sow Discord ability.
    Won't work. Oozes are mindless, and Sow Discord is [mind affecting].

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

It'll work on the summons, though, so that's something you could try. Still probably more effective to keep the ooze from summoning.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2012-09-14 at 04:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Crap, forgot that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral
    It'll work on the summons, though, so that's something you could try. Still probably more effective to keep the ooze from summoning.
    That does remain an option. Guess I'll try and tie up the summoner, though I'm loathe to ditch the party. It could work, though.

I'm wondering about a combo: Awe of Dantalion combined with assorted Crusader/crackdown type goodies. Sort of "you can't attack me, and I dare you to attack my friends." Could it work?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

I'm wondering about a combo: Awe of Dantalion combined with assorted Crusader/crackdown type goodies. Sort of "you can't attack me, and I dare you to attack my friends." Could it work?
    ...Well, maybe, but you don't have Dantalion bound.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    ...Well, maybe, but you don't have Dantalion bound.
    I think he means in general. It could work, but it's better on a controller or buffer that doesn't actually attack.

That does remain an option. Guess I'll try and tie up the summoner, though I'm loathe to ditch the party. It could work, though.
    With a skirmisher and two ranged fighters, I think you'll be separated from us a lot. Don't worry, we've got good defenses ourselves.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-09-14 at 07:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

I think he means in general. It could work, but it's better on a controller or buffer that doesn't actually attack.

With a skirmisher and two ranged fighters, I think you'll be separated from us a lot. Don't worry, we've got good defenses ourselves.
    I did mean in general, but I suspect Jeff is right.

Yeah, we didn't really plan or coordinate party cohesion quite as well as perhaps we could have.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, we didn't really plan or coordinate party cohesion quite as well as perhaps we could have.
    Perhaps not, but you're all perfectly equipped to take this encounter. Trust me, this will be over quickly if you play it smart.

Hey, Lix, where are you?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Mrow?
    Right here?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

We're waiting on you and Postmodernist IC.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Postmodernist, keep in mind that your maneuverability is only average. You'll have to keep moving at least 25' every round to stay in the air.

Also, what's your EBL for Andras Smite? I know Improved Binding only affects your EBL for binding vestiges, but I'm not sure whether you have any other effects to increase it.

We're waiting on you and Postmodernist IC.
    Pretty much. You're almost always around, I was surprised that you hadn't posted in a while.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2012-09-15 at 03:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Postmodernist, keep in mind that your maneuverability is only average. You'll have to keep moving at least 25' every round to stay in the air.

Also, what's your EBL for Andras Smite? I know Improved Binding only affects your EBL for binding vestiges, but I'm not sure whether you have any other effects to increase it.
    I always forget about the flying maneuverability rules. It's weird, since it's as per overland flight, which has worse maneuverability despite being a higher level spell. I'd never noticed that before. I guess have Ek'ann land after the charge?

EBL is either 8 or 10: 8 from Binder, 2 from Improved Binding when appropriate. Not sure if/don't think that there's anything else that affects it.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

I always forget about the flying maneuverability rules. It's weird, since it's as per overland flight, which has worse maneuverability despite being a higher level spell. I'd never noticed that before. I guess have Ek'ann land after the charge?
    Eh, just fly in a circle each round.

EBL is either 8 or 10: 8 from Binder, 2 from Improved Binding when appropriate. Not sure if/don't think that there's anything else that affects it.
    For smite, it's 8. Improved Binding only affects what you can bind, not how powerful they are.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Which did you apply to your Smite on that attack you just made, eight or ten?

26. - Top - End - #146

Which did you apply to your Smite on that attack you just made, eight or ten?
    Neither. It's Charisma bonus.

EDIT: I think I used my paladin level as my damage bonus instead of EBL. Is that what you're asking about? Breakdown should be:
    +1 magic weapon
    +6 str
    +3 (1/2 str from 2h weapon) = +10 base.
    +14 for double PA at 7 points of BAB.

I believe smite should be +8 (unless Improved Binding helps, in which case it's +10. I suspect it does not.), but I listed +4 because I seem to have gone with paladin levels. Total I did was +28, but it should be +32 (or 34 if Imp. Bind counts).

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Neither. It's Charisma bonus.
    The damage, not the to-hit.

28. - Top - End - #148

The damage, not the to-hit.
    See above edit I was doing while you posted this.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Total I did was +28, but it should be +32 (or 34 if Imp. Bind counts).
    Yeah, since you're using Andras's smite, you use your EBL, and Improved Binding doesn't count. So 32.

Lateral, have you PMed Lix? It might also be a good idea to set a deadline for action before you NPC us for a turn. (For example, in the game I'm running if you don't post within two days of my post (during battle) I NPC your character for a turn.) It's not terribly uncommon for someone to be overwhelmed by RL stuff or to miss that you posted the enemies' turn.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-09-16 at 11:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Lateral, have you PMed Lix? It might also be a good idea to set a deadline for action before you NPC us for a turn. (For example, in the game I'm running if you don't post within two days of my post (during battle) I NPC your character for a turn.) It's not terribly uncommon for someone to be overwhelmed by RL stuff or to miss that you posted the enemies' turn.
    I agree with this, especially as I mentioned above that my RL schedule is going to be pretty demanding for the foreseeable future.