Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    They sat upon an opulent meeting room. The walls covered in aged masonry in a style reminiscent to old castles some would see in movies, upon the walls stood various items that spelled great wealth, two old swords once said to have belong to the Arch-Lord of Kanderas. A gauntlet of Xenos making its surface appearing to darken the more one looked upon them, At one side a large twisting artifice that followed the erratic patterns, its mechanisms twisting and turning inwards in no discernible manner, but its noise seemed pleasing to those that listened.

    Upon one wall stood shelves filled with innumerable books. A deep mahogany colour further enhanced by the multitude of covers and titles that to an experienced eye showed great wealth. "A Study of Maltasar" a rare but fetching story about the rise of a simple man into a renowned General. "The Maladies of Tartur" a book many would consider heretical due to its direct insults of some more common Imperial policies. Many others, perhaps one or two truly heretical ones hidden in the shelves.

    In the ceiling an old Chandelier made of stout oak, a rustic look that further enhanced the feeling of power and age the room transmitted.

    At the centre of the room stood a grand table, the centrepiece and its size and build calling all attention. A deep brown colour made from Elurian wood, with white marble etchings and a black marble centre. As adornment stood in a protective cover and stasis field a rare Elurian flower that bloomed once every thousand years, a twisting strange display of colours that appeared to deepen and lighten even under the stasis field.

    No less important are those that sat upon the table, a newly recruited group of officers and the recruiter Drax Ventilis.

    Discussing various offers and rumours they learned upon their brief stint in the station.

    In a particularly nice brothel an interesting conversation was heard.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Some crew of a Trade Ship enjoying their brief stop to appease simple pleasures say they had sighted an apparently abandoned ship in the Vastir system.


    As Drax finished his business for the day he was approached by a representative for one of the local Company's, that was in need of a ship for some business.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Significant metal concentrations in the asteroid field in a Unnamed System. The Natar Mining Company would like further information as well as stake a claim. Transporting several modules and their crew as well as some defensive measures. Speed is paramount.


    Few offers and information, but that's to be expected from a recent arrival.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Steilos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Drax looked around at everyone seated. He'd certainly got an ...interesting bunch together, to say the least. Regretting bringing that Amasec aboard already, he opened the discussion.

    "Evening, gentlemen, and what a fine evening to start our venture it is." he began. "Now that our introductions are out of the way, we can begin. I've been looking around this station and I have turned up two possible avenues for profit.

    "Firstly, there have been rumours of an abandoned ship within the nearby Vastir system. Now, I'm normally not one to believe what some drunken traders slur out in a brothel, but I have reason to believe from what I heard that this rumour has been doing the rounds around here and that there might be a grain of truth to it.

    Secondly, and far more concretely, there is a delivery job to complete. One Natar Mining Company has several modules, men and security measures they want taken to an asteroid field in an unnamed system. Speed is of the essence, their representative emphasised, and I'd like ot think that my vessel is more than capable of that."

    Swirling his amasec, he looked around the room once more. "Personally, I would be inclined towards the second option. Some abandoned ship out in the middle of nowhere does not particularly spark my interest, and we are currently in dire need of the money. Unless anyone has any objections to that, I support helping the Natar Mining Company. Your thoughts, gentlemen?"
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    The pale young pilot reclined in his chair, casually making a small silver coin dance and whirl along the knuckles of his right hand. His glass of amasec siting untouched in front of him, Theo's free hand reaches up behind his neck to scratch at the skin surrounding the I/O port implanted there as he considers the two options the rogue trader has voiced. "Well boss, he drawls, "the way I see it the mining gig is guaranteed income, while the abandoned ship... well without looking into her no way of knowing if she'd be worth the effort and expense right now. Depending on the state she's in, we might be able to claim some salvage from her, or she could be like those ghost ships my ma warned me about on her knee." He shrugs as he continues, "Emperor knows we could use a shake down cruise to get used to each other and the ship, and a delivery job is likely just the ticket. As long as I get to fly I'm game for whatever," the pilot finishes.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Lady Eloise Nostromo

    Standing like a pale ghost in the corner was the tall thin form Lady Nostromo. Looming over her colleagues she ignored the supersticious looks as faint trickles of warp light played over the walls leaking from her twitching 3rd eye leaving a whorl of colours on the wall that move of their own accord.

    In a lilting voice she turns to face the Captain nodding in agreement at the Pilot's words. "I agree with our Helmsman Lord Captain. Our vessel - there are few if any faster in the sector and much can be made of the profit there."

    She looked out through the thick bulkheads, her 3rd eye gazing into the swirling soul stuff of the empyrean. "I would need some time to calculate a route but it should be fairly straightforward."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

    Laptop is broken. Slow posts till replaced. Est ~ 14-16th Oct

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    What could be seen of Explorator Fulguran's skin, on his hands and occasionally revealed by the movement of his robes, was of a ruddy complexion. He sits in silence on his end of the table, other than the occasional quiet whir of one of his mechatendrites or some internal part, apparently taking it all in. While his body has been heavily modified, Solomon's mind was still human, and sharp, evaluating each of the people before him as he looked them over.

    Finally, when a spot of silence seems to call for further comment, he speaks. his voice slightly crackly, as if small static discharges go off when he makes certain internal movements.

    "It seems that everyone's minds are made, and it is true that the trade mission is far more certain to profit and likely less dangerous than a salvage operation. I am quite aware of the threats a 'ghost ship' might hold. Furthermore, with rumors of it spreading, it is only a matter of time before someone else goes out to claim it, which might lead to complications onsite, especially if the ship needs to be scrapped rather than recommissioned."


    He lets out a long sigh, and withdraws from his grill a small funnel. With the other hand he takes a bottle of the aforementioned amasec and pours a generous helping into himself, the sigh deepening as the liquid swirls and sinks in. Imbibing in this manner disturbingly does not seem to impede his speech.

    "At the same time, as I know all too well, such a vessel could possibly harbor survivors, and depending on the crew and purpose of the vessel, there may be the possibility of reward beyond it's weight in steel and adamant."

    Having laid out his thoughts on the matter, Solomon sinks back into silence.
    Last edited by Pyrite; 2012-09-07 at 06:02 AM.
    "We have to go and save the universe, you see," Said Ford, "And if that sounds like a pretty lame excuse, than you may be right. Either way, we're off."--Douglas Adams

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Steilos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Drax sat back in his chair, a contemplative frown visible above his finery. "I understand that the salvage operation could be very profitable indeed, but I feel I must stand beside my previous decision. We are new out here, as far as anyone is concerned. My dynasty has fallen on hard times, and more than anything we need money, contacts and influence to rebuild. I have no intention of risking my warrant, my ship or my life until I have a solid foundation to work from."

    He glanced around the meeting once more. "Therefore, we will be going to the Natar Mining Company. There will be other salvage operations," he addressed his Explorator, "and when the time comes I will consider them. Until then..." Drax raised his amasec glass. "To our venture."
    Last edited by Steilos; 2012-09-09 at 08:22 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Lady Eloise smiled as the Lord Captain made his plan clear raising her glass and taking a small sip of the amber syrupy liquer. Her 3td trembled as she began to silently consider her choices and the myriad possible warp routes.
    A wise and good choice Captain. Especially given our vessels natual qualities. I do not believe so silent and fast a vessel


    Spoiler
    Show

    Shall I startbyje rolls for warp jumping?_

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

    Laptop is broken. Slow posts till replaced. Est ~ 14-16th Oct

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Solomon's eyes narrow slightly, as it takes him a moment to process his response. His is the last glass that raises, and he answers wearily. "To our venture." At the end of the toast, he continues with only a slight edge to his voice. "And thank you for informing us of your decision. I will go ensure that the Geller shield and engine drive are fully operational when it's time for Righteous Purgation to leave."

    He stands and ambles out of the room.
    Last edited by Pyrite; 2012-09-09 at 10:00 PM.
    "We have to go and save the universe, you see," Said Ford, "And if that sounds like a pretty lame excuse, than you may be right. Either way, we're off."--Douglas Adams

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    "Clear skies." Theo contributes to the toast, tossing back the amber liquor in in a fashion that would make any connoisseur wince. "If you'll excuse me boss, I'd like to get better acquainted with the helm crew, and start plotting a course to the nearest Warp Jump point." The pilot languidly rose from the chair, stretching slightly. Upon receiving the Rogue Trader's approval, Theo departs the room, heading for the Righteous Purgation's helm.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Eloise nods at the pilot. "I shall begin the necessary preparations. Its is always a tricky prospect when we travel into the aether."

    She drains the glass dry before heading down into her private chambers. A pair of Nostromo guards at the doors in her House's misunderstood livery. No matter though - they are the small contingent of House staff were loyal to the point of fanatatisicm.

    Looking around at the bare rooms of the Navis Sanctum she smiled a thing smile as her long lanky frame brushed the curved walls of the room draped in sheer black fabrics that deadened sight, sound and sensation so as not to distract from the swirling currents of the immaterium. Settling into the throne in the centre of the room she leant back into the soft leather, hands settling onto the servo-psychometabolic touch pad that would send the course corrections up to the bridge where the helm could maneuvre the long lithe vessel through the swirls of the warp.

    Opening her warp eye the otherwise pitch black chamber lit up with swirling lights and moving predatory shadows as the window to the warp opening up and the whorls of the warp began to form a pattern as she looked for the whorls and eddies that marked stable pathways in the otherwise raging storm. All the while she looked out for the glowing beacon that lay at the heart of the Galaxy - lit by the beacon of mankind.

    Finally she pressed the comm button gently. "All set to begin Lord Captain. The engines can be activated at any time."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stage 1: Navigators estimate of duration (1d100)[88] TN 66
    Stage 2: Locate the astronomicon (1d100)[94] TN 52
    Stage 3: Chart the Course (1d100)[58] TN 66 -60!!
    Stage 4: Navigate the course (1d100)[74] 66* -60!!
    -- Modified by Stage 2
    Stage 5: Entry (1d100)[39] TN 42

    EDIt: things did not go well as we are cast into the warp unable to find the astronimicon. The curse of Lady Nostromo strikes again...

    Last edited by DrK; 2012-09-11 at 03:11 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

    Laptop is broken. Slow posts till replaced. Est ~ 14-16th Oct

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Steilos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Drax nodded at his crew as they departed. "Very well, prepare the ship for Warp travel. I, meanwhile, shall have a word with the miners. This meeting is over."

    Getting up from his seat, he left the table with a wave and tracked down the Mining Company representative. "Ah, hello again!" he started, offering a hand. "I've had a word with everyone and if your offer is still open, I'd like to take it. We can discuss the details aboard my ship if you'd like."
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    As the meeting ends a flurry of activity spreads across the ship, upon the direction of the Officers. Its tech-priests consecrating and blessing the various components of the ship, checking everything is as it should be in the name of the Omnissiah. The bridge appears as a teeming hive where orders and directions are sent across the the various sections in preparation for warp travel as well as receiving cargo.

    As this happens Drex moves back into the station. Its a sprawling complex of shipyards, recreation facilities and industry. Its hunger for resources feed as to provide more and more war materials and ships by the towering spires on the planet bellow, The The Righteous Purgation stood upon the very edge of the complex, and from a passing window Drex as he moved into the station proper he could not help and notice further construction on the already massive complex, the moons behind serving as a backdrop for the complex. In the distance a massive ship approached, what kind he could not see.

    Spoiler
    Show



    If you want you may roll Common Lore (Imperium) and Scholastic Lore (Astromancy).


    With purpose he moved towards the 'Noble's Complex' behind increasing levels of security and hidden deep in the outer structure of the complex. Brothels, bars, museums, parks, mansions of fantastic wealth and untold other luxuries as he travelled to his destination. His eyes quickly assessing and evaluating all that he could see, he briefly eyed the sign above the the massive door to the compound he was headed to "Kel-Morian Combine".

    Upon arriving he was quickly and efficiently guided onto the head of the family, the back of his head tingling slightly as he knew he was being scanned and most likely plenty of fire-power was pointed at him.

    The head was an old but still hardy man his eyes held warmth but with a glint of coldness, bald but upon the side of his head a massive scar that made him appear to have a constant scowl. As his hand signalled the help away you noticed his calloused and scarred hands.

    Spoiler
    Show

    And i am back, i will go for 1-2 more updates this week as apologies for taking so long.

    Now Drex can talk perhaps starting with Charm to see if he gets to his good graces.

    He also knows it will likely take roughly a week to transfer all the gear and men from what he was told, so everyone else has that amount of time to do something else (taking care to leave plenty of time for their duties), or just skip ahead.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    Solomon sulked off into the depths of the ship, and spent the next several hours walking it's passageways, passing his eyes over the structure and machinery that made up his new home.

    The corridors are too tight, he grouses to himself, growing less comfortable by the minute. A door falters and squeals as it fails to open for him. A brief examination fails to find the cause, and a puff of incense has little effect. Eventually, he forces it open with his manipulator in order to continue his rounds.

    He continues, finding similar difficulty throughout, with lights burning out as he walked under them, unsecured maintenance hatches dropping out from under him, and an intermittent high-pitched squeal coming from the walls, the source of which eludes him for nearly an hour. By the time he reaches the Engineerium and ascends the pedestal to lead the Choir of Readiness, he finds himself completely unsettled.

    Stalwart Path,
    the ship he was born on, had seemed almost to bend to meed his needs, while he was beginning to suspect that Righteous Purgation was actively working against him.

    "Bring me the Tablet of Initiation!" he calls out. Tech-adepts rush to gather the massive plasteel slab, three of them struggling to hold it up for him. His eyes pass over it three times before he says a word. He'd never heard of half of these systems. How was he expected to manage and appease the spirits of machines he had never before imagined could exist? Nothing like this was spoken of in the Imperial Navy Primers passed down by his predecessor.

    Glancing to the faces of all those assembled, the techpriesthood and the lay-adepts among the crew, he knew that he had to press forward. Admitting ignorance would break their faith.

    "Initiate auxiliary power generation!" he intones, raising his mechatendrites in the air while his eyes darted to the first Magos who made a move toward a console, observing him closely. He knew that his only hope of understanding the workings of this vessel, and perhaps making peace with it's restless spirit, was in observing the crew who had spent years, some of them their own lives, aboard her.


    "Initiate Geller... Integrant shield!" he continued, stumbling for just a moment as he glanced back down the tablet. Geller integrant? And where is the void shield array?

    A massive bolt of lightning arced above and behind him with a startling CRACK! that filled the chamber. The hum of working machinery died, the lights dimmed, and suddenly all eyes were on the Explorator.

    Solomon let his arms and mechatendrites drop back from his position of exultation, peering over the crowd. Finally, he pointed at the two priests who had taken the initiative. "You and you, with me," he orders, turning toward the origin of the discharge. "We must find the reason for the machine spirit's displeasure."

    The pair looked at each other and shuffled forward, unsure whether to be honored or apprehensive that he had selected them.

    It was going to be a long week.
    Last edited by Pyrite; 2012-09-23 at 07:21 AM.
    "We have to go and save the universe, you see," Said Ford, "And if that sounds like a pretty lame excuse, than you may be right. Either way, we're off."--Douglas Adams

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Steilos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    The 'rogue trader' noticed with interest the coming and goings of the station. This place was clearly not messing around, and was probably one of the wealthiest in the sector. He could expect some good money here, he reasoned, heading through the dens of iniquity without batting an eye as he thought on what to say.

    Truly, he was expecting no less as he strolled into range of uncountable firearms and a body scanner. Hopefully his masters had not decided in their infinite wisdom to leave a marker on him. He'd insisted against the Inquistorial electoo for obvious reasons and he was glad to be vindicated. Then there came the matter of the old man sat before him, aged yet powerful. Drax was going to have to tread carefully on this one.

    Drax approached the old man with a neutral, unthreatening stance and expression, deciding not to risk a smile for now but nevertheless attempting to be as personable as possible. "Greetings. I am Drax Ventilis of the Ventilis dynasty, and I believe I can help you with your transportation needs. May I know the name of my client?"


    Dice rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Charm (1d100)[15] vs. 50
    Last edited by Steilos; 2012-09-23 at 05:53 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Rogue Trader - "A New Journey" (IC)

    A momentary pause happens as Drex finishes speaking, at first he fears that inadvertently an insult was given to the old man as he sees his face twist slightly but upon hearing a loud barking laugh his fears dissipate. As the laugh subsides the old man grins slightly, his scarring making it slightly terrifying, when it finally ends completely he speaks in what appears to be his normal tone, extremely loud and booming "I like you lad, you remind me of my first wife." his grin stretching even more "You can call me Ol'Yeller. Now i need this done fast but beyond that we both know this is an easy run." he pauses slightly before yelling in another language.

    A few moments pass before a servant enters carrying a tray with two short glasses and a bottle. Closer inspection of the bottle shows it being very bulky and if you are not in error protected by a gene-lock. As the servant approaches more details are seen, a partially undressed guardsmen can be seen in the label and as it moves even closer it becomes possible to read the brand name "Bodacious Cadian Whisky - Reserve", a very expensive and incredibly illegal brand.

    As he grabs the bottle and pours into the two glasses he continues talking "Never start a possible business deal without a good strong drink, put some hair in your chest and makes me laugh when some nobles drinks it." as he finishes pouring he grabs his glass and drinks it in one go, and quickly slams it into the table "Eh, as i was saying its an easy run as such you are getting [2 PF] for a speedy delivery, ill even throw in a free trip to my yard when you return, in case you get damaged playing with asteroids." he grins "Remember first to get there and first to put down roots." his eyes glinting slightly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    You can roll Commerce, but you likely wont get him to raise more than 1 PF. And possibly lose the Yard Trip. Also does anyone have a voice in mind when they read Ol'Yeller?

    Lesser Endeavour - 2 PF

    Necessary: Modules, Defenses and Crew.

    Two objectives:

    Reach the System as fast as possible.
    Set up the Station and Defenses. Before anyone else.
    Last edited by Vizzi; 2012-10-08 at 09:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •