Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP] Roleplaying is Magic: The Broken Road.

Fair enough.

Also, if Soot's translation is correct, and stop ret nar dief translates to "Stop right now, thief," then what does Hou die, Dief translate to?

Hooboy.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

People don't *live* on the Disc anymore than, in less hand-crafted parts of the multiverse, they live on balls. Oh, planets may be the place where their body eats its tea, but they *live* elsewhere, in worlds of their own which orbit very handily around the center of their heads. ~Terry Pratchett again

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I'm just now realizing the potential Cork has. Under ideal situations, he could have as much as a +12 modifier to his roll. (Assumes superior tools.) Rolled twice. And given a special 1.5x bonus on the roll. So, you could theoretically max out at 42, which the GM's section informs me is something like the sonic rainboom of painting.
    Did you remember to add the Harmony bonus to that?

Actually, you brought up a good point. What sort of tool bonus would he have from his paints and brushes?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-06 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    We're like the weeping angels from Doctor Who, except with cuddling and friendship instead of horrible death. Don't look away.
    Returned from Japan, but blog and pictures are still here!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

appropriate tools give a +2 bonus

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    appropriate tools give a +2 bonus
    Argh!

That takes it up to a 29. D:

Soooooooo cloooooooose.
    We're like the weeping angels from Doctor Who, except with cuddling and friendship instead of horrible death. Don't look away.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Argh!

That takes it up to a 29. D:

Soooooooo cloooooooose.
    Shoulda spent willpower on the frivolous roll.

I'm really hoping that Dive Bomb is doing something other than proving his lack of survival instincts by standing in front of a (maybe) guard with a loaded hand-cannon.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

People don't *live* on the Disc anymore than, in less hand-crafted parts of the multiverse, they live on balls. Oh, planets may be the place where their body eats its tea, but they *live* elsewhere, in worlds of their own which orbit very handily around the center of their heads. ~Terry Pratchett again

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooo, I know latin, or at least enough of it to embarrass myself in the attempt to speak it. Should I just go ahead and translate what the creature is saying?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah feel free, I'm just using a lazy online translator because I can't be bothered finding my old latin textbooks.

What he was meant to say was:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Communication failure, attempting alternate language. Is this your prisoner?"

So feel free to translate it straight yourself or by telling me what words I got wrong

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Yeah feel free, I'm just using a lazy online translator because I can't be bothered finding my old latin textbooks.

What he was meant to say was:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Communication failure, attempting alternate language. Is this your prisoner?"

So feel free to translate it straight yourself or by telling me what words I got wrong
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh good, I only got your prisoner. Middle school was a long time ago.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh good, I only got your prisoner. Middle school was a long time ago.
    I think I might have borked it up, that may be actually all he said at the end, but as a question.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

So, the real question is, he's able to understand it now; is he able to speak it back, translator style?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Yeap, go ahead. He won't be fluent, but he can definitely try to convey some meaning to it.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

"My good rock-fellow, I am lord Picabomba, and these are my faithful followers. I apologize for my bodyguards' brusqueness; we were not certain whether we should find you hospitable or not. But now that I know we are both civilized, I'm certain that we shall both be great friends. Please, take me to your leader, that we may partake of food together."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Yeaaaahhhh ... that'll probably just get you another rock to the head

Speaking of your last post. I don't think Grease Spot is near DB and Rinda. Last post had her running up behind the monster somewhere I think.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, something like that. She wasn't really sure what she was going to do, and neither am I. At this point, I doubt that she will be doing any thing besides listening to the exchange. Unless the exchange goes south, of course, in which case we go back to fleeing.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Jump on its back and wrassle it to the ground.

There is no flaw with this plan!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sure. Everyone, count of three, attack the giant rock creature! There can be nothing wrong with this plan!

Three!

*dead*

So, am I expected to respond to Rinda this turn or the next?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, you can respond this turn. She'll carry out whatever instruction you give her during my next GM turn. (Giving her the instruction counts as your active task, unless you plan to use your active task to do some rock-boxing)

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah! I can use Google-translate too!

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to need a new trick for foreign languages now

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Dictionary.com does a pretty good job, though it can't recognize the input language for you.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

I'll just make up a language next time. You'll all be to blame when everyone is speaking BlasTechion

Anyway, I know that google translate borked up part of the translation, so sorry to all you latin purists out there. In addition, I find it amusing how the latin word for "with" is considered profanity on the boards XD

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed.

Now, the interesting decision: surrender, flee, fight, or debate?

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Brilliant idea: inquire as to the possibility of banishment as a punishment. All he has to do is point us in the direction of Equestria, and we'll be on our merry way, officer!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not gonna lie, I kinda want every sentient creature there to say "What" simultaneously.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

That would actually be pretty fun.

Now, the awkward begins: how do we give the guard a gift without it looking as if we're trying to bribe it?

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Not gonna lie, I kinda want every sentient creature there to say "What" simultaneously.
    You may assume Rinda is thinking it.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Once again, Crown Cork, Gentlecolt Adventurer! arrives in the nick of time to save the day!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-08 at 12:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Othoof called: he wants his goggles back.

Also, this is where you break out the evil DM laugh and proclaim that the penalty for interfering with a guard is death; roll initiative.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-08 at 04:09 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Random question: In D&D, each round is about six seconds worth of time. Approximately how much time is each round of cinematic mode worth?

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

It's not set in stone beyond "several seconds"