New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Ambitions in the Playground

Ever have a crazy idea? One you know you can't accomplish, but it's so amusing you have to share it with someone? Go ahead and post it here.

For me:
    I was browsing through Kickstarter when I happened upon the project for the new Eclipse Phase sourcebook. At the $1000 reward tier*, they'd have one of their writers work with you to produce Eclipse Phase material for your game. At the $2500 reward tier, they'd license you the right to publish one Eclipse Phase sourcebook.

I realized that if I had $8500, I could buy up all of the $1000 rewards, hire an artist, and have Posthuman Studios publish it. My very own sourcebook with the logo and everything, and I'd scarcely have to lift a finger.

*Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if you think about it. Who among us can justify that kind of expense?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ambitions in the Playground

My ambitions are pretty much all highly improbable <x,x>

1) Become a great artist, find work in said field. (Look at my DA page, you'll see the problem.)

2) Become a great writer, sell millions of novels. (More plausible but still unlikely - even if I ever finish one of my books there's the whole 'finding a publisher' thing, and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea how to do, beyond just writing the damn book, which is itself quite challenging.)

3) I want an aircraft carrier turned into my own floating luxury palace. This is my ultimate silly desire... can you imagine how awesome that would be though? <_< Sale around the world in comfort and style, when you want to go inland just fly. Yeah odds of that happening are pretty much nil.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I do have a rather soaring dream of producing my own game (okay, this one is actually plausible), getting rich from it and commissioning my own custom-built long-distance airplane with which I could fly around the world and look down at it from above. Although I think this dream is starting to go a bit too much to my head, because I've begun thinking of it as "future plans" recently...

Oh, and Mistform, I hope you intend to keep at least some of youre flight deck open, because it'd be such a terrible shame if I had to land in your swimming pool.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Step 1: Get back into college.
    Step 2: Get a car.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit.

My ambitions don't generally stray far from making my ramen perfectly on a given day, though.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

For the moment, I want to learn how to upgrade my PC, get the income so I can afford new components, start taking art classes, take up martial arts again and get healthier, get the internship I'm looking into, get my own place, learn how to bake and cook, and learn how to sew so I can make teddy-bears and eventually costumes.

In the next few years I want to be able to get characters and portraits out of my head and onto paper, and become proficient enough that I'd be happy to take up commissions from other people. Maybe pick up more physically intense or exotic martial art styles and rugby, become a recognised programmer/IT trainer after going back to college, getting a steady job, and being handy at DIY and crafting.

Eventually, I'd like to be happy with my body, the things I can create and start a novel or a webcomic, and become a college proffessor teaching computer science.

It's actually kinda theraputic, writing all this down; to actually write a rough plan of how I want my life to go.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a few ambitions in life, most relatively modest:

1) Become fluent in another language.
    2) Own my own garden.
    3) Visit Playgrounders all over the world (and hug them).
    4) Finish (*cough*start*cough*) my book on the history of succubi, incubi and similar creatures.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    3) Visit Playgrounders all over the world (and hug them).
    You might wanna visit Ireland last; my bear-hugs have been known to crush spines.