New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ghost in the Playground

Default [IronGuard] Characters and Information Plus OOC

Name of Universe: The Adventures of Iron Guard

Tag: [IronGuard]

Description: Loosely (very) based off the story ideas presented by Minecraft, this follows the adventures of the Iron Guard. Formerly elite soldiers under command of the corrupt King Hagganboin, they are now a Free Sword organization dedicated to exploration and the defense of the innocent and free.

The setting is a Fantasy Setting with some references to Steampunk.

Character limitations: There are no Character limitations, but you must request to join and present a character sheet via email.

Founding player(s): OSTBear, Quantumrex, Tormentia, & Memnarc

Other notes: Iron Guard has a command hierarchy the same as the United States Military and uses their ranking system.

There is are two characters open for everyone to use.

Player: Everyone
    Name: First Warrant Officer Lorrin "Roland" Heart
    Hair: Brown, worn long
    Eyes: Sky Blue Left, Ocean Green Right
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 124lbs

Clothing (General): Dark Brown boots with large heels, Light Brown leather pants, a green collared shirt with gold flourished trim and a silver necklace with a red ruby heart, and small framed glasses.

Description: A small framed girl she was orphaned at a young age and adopted by the IronGuard who couldn't find anyone to take the troubled and occasionally violent youngster in. She has grown into a responsible and level headed woman who serves as Bear's assistant keeping track of the many facets of the IronGuard operation. She has limited combat experience but is efficient with a rapier.

And...

Name: Nak
    Hair: Salt and Pepper
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 210 lbs

Clothing (General): Black leather slacks with a white collared shirt and a dark blue vest that's coming apart slightly at the seams. He also has glasses strung around his neck.

Description: Nak is the bartender and Inn-Keeper of the Shadow's Inn. He's worked there for 35 years and has never known nor wanted to know any other life. He enjoys hearing peoples' stories and loves to eat Steak and Potatoes every night for dinner. He's a kind soul and while he is slow to act he is not slow of wit.

Style: Free Form Narrative Style
    What makes this different from other FFRPGs?:
    Founding date:

Map: Locations get added as they're found. If you write a location into the story, I will add it to the map.

Last edited by OSTBear; 2013-01-21 at 03:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ghost in the Playground

Default Re: [IronGuard] Characters and Information Plus OOC

Player: OSTBear
    Name: Colonel Addicus Bear / "Bear"
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blueish Green
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 260 Lbs, Muscular

Clothing (General): Dark brown leather slacks, Dark brown Leather Boots with Iron outlays, Loose white collared shirt, Green Tunic with gold flourish trim, Left arm is enchanted black Iron.

Description: Bear is a bright soldier, sometimes brooder, at all times hero. They sometimes call him the "Worldwalker" or "Windwalker" given his penchant for disappearing to other worlds due to a family curse. His limbs are menacingly large and always has a goatee with perpetual stubble. His dark blonde hair is shoulder length and unkempt. His left arm looks as if it is covered in a tightly bound black iron plate mail, but it is in fact an enchanted arm gifted to him after losing his saving a Sorcerer.

He is leader (Colonel) of Iron Guard, a position once held by his father back when it was the elite Knight Guard of the now debunked Kingdom.
    Last edited by OSTBear; 2012-12-17 at 08:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    quantumrex
    Guest in the Playground

Player: quantumrex
    Name: First Lieutenant Roland "Rex" Gimbal
    Hair: Brown, worn long and unkempt, and a full beard, brown streaked with grey
    Eyes: Silver-Gray, with red flecks
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 154lbs

Clothing (General): Light leather shoes, with brown pants, a white shirt dusted in patches with red powder, under a tan hooded cloak. Carries a crooked hollow staff, and a backpack containing a few books covered with strange runes, and a large rolled blacksmith's apron.

Description: Rex is a devout servant of the red Stonegod gone rogue from his order, due to a misunderstanding involving a chicken and some Ender Pearls. He currently serves the IronGuard as scribe, historian, cleric, alchemist, and all around fix-it guy. While a good samaritan, he can be mischievous, and often gets carried away with the workings of his craft. He is often unkempt, and occasionally smells of ozone, if not burned hair. Beware when you see him staring blankly into the distance, with a vague smile across his face.
    Last edited by quantumrex; 2012-12-07 at 12:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Tormentia
    Guest in the Playground

Name: Tormentia Kethend
    Hair: Short and Black
    Eyes: Silver, catlike, seemingly glowing
    Height: 5’ 0”
    Weight: 115 Toned, lean

Clothing (General): Extra light leather armor, black, enchanted for stealth. A silver painted hand pressed to the chest. Though now the emblem of IronGuard has been etched into the opposite breast. A black cloak lays over all of this, covering most of her numerous weapons, though her long curved blade always pokes out past her cloak.

Description: Tormentia, the name given to her by The Order of the Night, is an assassin. Trained from a very young age, she remembers nothing of her blood family, only of her Brothers and Sisters of the Night. She has shed enough blood with them that they are her blood family now. After many years of training, and passing her Final Trial, she “graduated” with flying colors. She was rumored to be one of the best assassins in the Order since its founding. She holds the trademark eyes of the Order, bright silver. Everyone who sees her knows that she is death embodied. It is rumored that the Order enchants its member’s eyes to see what other humans can’t, but only those in the Order know the true answer. With her training she is proficient in all forms of killing, from poisons to knives and even a bit of magic. She is also skilled in hand to hand combat and sword fighting.

Tormentia was given as a gift to IronGuard when they fulfilled a favor for the Order. Though no one knows what this “favor” was, it is rumored that IronGuard saved them from an attack, and it would be shameful for the Order to admit that. She has been in IronGuard for a little over a year now, and though she is still strict with the ways of the Order, she has started to loosen up, and even make friends with a few of IronGuard, though she is still rather awkward in social situations.

Added a picture that I made. :D This is basically what she looks like.

Last edited by Tormentia; 2013-01-19 at 09:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Memnarc
    Guest in the Playground

Player: Memnarc
    Character name: 5th Chief Warrant Officer Master Armorer Mortif Eyeing McAbre d'Eath "Wee Mad Mort"
    Hair: short, green, spiky
    Eyes: Left: dark grey metal with glowing purple iris; Right: gold iris
    Height: 1 foot 2 inches
    Weight: 24 lbs

Clothing: What appears to be a peasant's shirt and pants that are stained with soot and riddled with small burn holes. A heavy leather apron with pockets that hold some assorted blacksmith tools.

Description: Ever since Rex and Bear found him with four dead ocelots surrounding him and a fifth that was being beaten with his severed arm that was clutched in his teeth, one thing has been made clear: Wee Mad Mort is a very angry gnome. He has lived long enough that cynicism is second nature and irritation is a constant state of being. To his friends, he is a staunch ally. To his enemies, he is a destructive force to be reckoned with. Standing at a little over a foot and with a body appearing to be made of more metal than flesh, it is hard to find a more imposing figure in such a small package. He is very quick and quite strong. Add to that a mind for materials and mechanics, and thus an armorer that few can equal.

There are rumors that he is undead because of his great age, but these have never been shown true. It is highly advisable not to ask him how old he really is. Lieutenant Rex knows more about Mort's life than any other creature currently in existence, but you have to keep his attention long enough to find anything out.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ghost in the Playground

Name: Captain Edward Nemo VII
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 192 Lbs, Lean

Clothing (General): A dark blue boat Captain's coat with gold flourish trim and buttons. Dark brown highwayman's boot with gold trim, along with dark brown catskin gloves also trimmed in gold. Light brown leather pants adorn his legs and a white button shirt his torso. A black eye-patch covers his right eye.

Description: Captain Edward Nemo VII is an airship captain from a long line of airship Captains. While technically an admiral as he commands a fleet of 7 ships, he retains the title of "Captain" for historic reasons. He is an effective swordsman dual wielding a short and long rapier, and a strong gunslinger with his twin six-shooters.

He is captain of the "USS Adriatic" and the leader of "The Sons of the Adriatic" and has ties to Iron Guard but has refused to fly under their flag despite being invited by Bear repeatedly.

Name: Captain James Nemo VIII
    Eyes: Blue
    Weight: 181 Lbs, Lean

Clothing (General): A light blue boat Captain's coat with gold flourish trim and buttons. Dark brown highwayman's boot with gold trim, along with dark brown catskin gloves also trimmed in gold. Light brown leather pants adorn his legs and a white button shirt his torso.

Description: Captain James Nemo VIII is the only son of Captain Edward Nemo VII and has wanted nothing more over the past 3 years than to be an airship captain like his father. With slightly younger features, he is the spitting image of his father. Like his father he is a skilled swordsman, gunslinger, and pilot but is not as effective as his father in any of those realms. Still proficient in all three areas, he is captain of his own ship the USS Tyconderosa under the flag of "The Sons of the Adriatic".
    Last edited by OSTBear; 2012-12-17 at 07:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ghost in the Playground

Name: Griggs
    Hair: White (bald)
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 6'10"
    Weight: 258 Lbs, Muscular

Clothing (General): Baggy Khaki pants adorned with trinkets around the world, as is his family and race's tradition. He wears a tight white shirt with a yellow bandanna either tied over his head or around his neck. More trinkets hang from his wrists and neck as well as one small gold hoop earring from his left ear. He wears a neatly trimmed goatee.

Description: Griggs is a Borgeth, a dark skinned humanoid from the South Eastern region of Golkatha. As per his race he is strong, and swift even at his advanced age. He possesses a brilliant mind and has served the Nemos for four generations, serving as first officer under Captain Jame Nemo VI, he has served further generations in the same capacity since. He is serious in his duties, but still lighthearted.
    Last edited by OSTBear; 2013-01-08 at 06:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    quantumrex
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [IronGuard] Characters and Information Plus OOC

This seems the appropriate place to post this... Maybe, if we ever finish the current quest, we can come back to it... In the meantime tho... this was the original premise bear asked me to write, which we waited over a year for, I believe... I found it floating around on my old laptop. Enjoy:

((OOC OH MAH GAWD! I'm not dead!))

Rex looked up from the bed, and the dying man upon it. He looked haggard, and at least twice his age. The man on the table looked lean and pale, his breathing ragged and uneven. He bore no blemish, no outward sign of physical trauma or malady.

"Dammit Bear, I'm not a doctor! Three days since we brought him back with us, and he's only gotten worse. I'll hang up my cloak if we've killed him after he survived this long."

Electricity crackled around the red priest as his fury made itself apparent. He seemed completely unaware as he made his way across the room to his desk. Roland cleared her throat at the sudden smell of ozone, bringing Rex back to the present. He looked forlornly at the man on the table and continued.

"My apologies. This man is a complete mystery to me. We have no idea who he is, or where he's from. Other than the burial chamber, that is. Notch only knows what he was doing there, or how he was alive. As far as I know, that tomb was sealed for hundreds of years before we cracked it open."

"So, what is wrong with him?" asked Roland, turning back to the emaciated figure on the table.

"Notch only knows. I've tried every test I can devise. Modern medicine is useless, and the red stonegod has been silent on the matter. He remains unconscious most of the time, unable to eat nor drink. When he is awake, he is in agony such as the nether hells could not provide. He seems to be growing more coherent during these fits, but they are taking their toll on his body."

As he spoke, the man on the table gave a jerk, and a whimper escaped his lips.

"Anyway, he may be the reason for your visit, but I'm sure it's not him you've come to see. Now, let me see... where did I...? A-ha!"

He produced a heavy, leatherbound volume from one of the many shelves in his Library-turned-Hospital.

"I did manage to get a few words out of the fellow yesterday, during one of his fits. He actually speaks a slightly older variant of our language. It's rough, but understandable... I think that's the first time he's been coherent enough to do more than scream and moan. He said his name was Addicus... Odd coincidence, wouldn't you agree sir?"

With the ease of familiarity, the scribe flipped to a page near the back, and presented the contents to his guests. It displayed a rough sketch of a sphere, clutched in what appeared to be an ornate steel gauntlet. The scales and joints seemed almost insectile in their intricacy, and each digit was termianted in a grotesque hooked talon, which served to trap the orb securely in its grip.

"I present to you the Gauntlet of Umkold. It's an ancient artifact many had assumed destroyed long ago. I myself had hoped that was the case. It seems our mysterious guest has other information. Supposedly, he knows where it is. Redgod knows if his information is any good..."

"But sir, you said he told you this yesterday. If that's the case, pardon me for asking, but why the delay?"

"Sharp as ever, I see," the old conjurer said fondly. "I was awaiting the return of my fellow scribes. I sent them back to the ruin where we found this man. I thought that maybe if I knew more about the magics that were holding him in stasis, I could better treat him, or at least give him some peace. They returned this morning. With their findings to guide me, I think I have a salve that can bring him out of it, at least temporarily. I called you in to witness as I administer it. Maybe now we can get some answers."

((OOC Sorry, long post. That's what happens when I'm forced to write the premise :p))

--------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from the book:
    "...The Gauntlet of Umkold is a powerful magical device which acts as a conduit between the wearer and the Eye of Umkold. The gauntlet was forged around the eye itself, in order to keep the chaotic forces it produces from running unchecked. The gauntlet provides the only known method of harnessing the power of the Eye in moderate safety, but it is flawed. It can serve as a buffer between the user and the power of the eye, but the effects on the user's sanity are only slowed..."
    "...The Eye of Umkold is a source of pure chaos. As such, it cannot be destroyed, and any who try to harness its power directly are driven mad almost instantaneously. Little is known about the true power of the Eye, but beware if you value your sanity..."

--------------------------------------------------

Name: Addicus ?
    Hair: Iron Gray, worn short where it's not missing, and well cared for, clean shaven
    Eyes: Greenish Blue
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 185 lbs

Clothing (General): An old style of leather armor, well worn, but looks well cared for and completely serviceable, as if it was freshly oiled yesterday. Worn over a light linen tunic, also in a very old style.

Description: A mysterious figure, found in a burial chamber during one of the Ironguard's archaeological missions. He appears to have endured some sort of magical hibernation. Almost nothing is known about his past, as he has not gained consciousness.

9. - Top - End - #9
    quantumrex
    Guest in the Playground

Player: quantumrex
    Name: Triggin Deschain aka. Lord Etrigan Omkuld
    Hair: Muddy Blonde
    Eyes: Almond
    Weight: 185lbs

Clothing (General): Fine splint maille breastplate and greaves, steel bands permanently stained the color of ash. A flowing red cloak adorned on the back with the keywork emblem of the Order of the Risen, clasped at the collar by a heavy silver chain. Heavy leather boots, a steel studded leather belt, with an embroidered white tunic and leather breeches underneath.

Description: A young man, in the prime of his life, Triggin leads the people of Golkatha. He is well-educated and resourceful, strong, handsome, and charismatic, but with a grimness to his personality, in part due to his talent, but mostly because of rigorous training. He is patient and polite, but willing to go to any lengths to achieve his goals.

Triggin and his family were abducted from their pastoral home, when his talents first manifested themselves at the age of 7. He was raised by the members of the Order of the Risen, a Golkathan sect which worships the Omkuld as a deity made flesh. Flesh... and imperfect. The Order’s purpose was to fix that, to forge him into a deity in every sense they could imagine.

Over the years, Triggin, or Etrigan as he was dubbed by the order, was sculpted into a ruler. His mind and body were rigorously trained and hardened as he was tested on a daily basis in all subjects from politics and mathematics, to marial arts and swordplay. The order meticulously shaped him into the ultimate leader: strong, charismatic, and completely self-assured.