New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Outside XXXII

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A Popular Mountainside Village

Harley is spun around! Now she can properly see the man, and his gun. With the gun now in sight, she starts to formulate a plan to get away alive and get the book. Getting away alive won't be much of a problem, she figures, but she needs to find out what Marcos did with the book that she wishes to steal. Even if she dies, that'll just be a minor setback, but the book getting away equates a lot of research wasted, and she doesn't know if she'll have another chance to get this item.

(Just OoC note: The book wasn't destined for her. A client of the Black Society ordered this ancient Holy Book, and Marcos sent a crew of adventurers on a dungeon crawl to dig it out of a faraway dungeon, and it eventually got delivered to him before he would send it to another middleman tomorrow morning.)

Harley smiles, as an idea comes to her head. "Wow. At least I'll be able to tell others that my captor was handsome," she says in a playful voice, changing her tactics from Intimidation all the way to appearing like a helpless young lady.

Harley isn't as pretty as most PCs, by the way. Despite being a shapeshifter, she makes herself intentionally normal-looking. The scar, though, kinda ruins the normal-looking look. "Maybe we could strike a deal? I came here for a book, which should be rightfully mine."

((Edit! Hey! Who's going to make the new Thread?))
    "No." Seems the man is not much for negotiations when on the job - whatever that job is. "Tell me about the book, thief. Quickly, now." Harley may note that the man's finger is off of his revolver's trigger. Even when threatening someone, he observes proper gun safety. How he can even see that, though, is something of a mystery.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

A Popular Mountainside Village

"It's just a long-lost holy book," she says, with a great pokerface. "I want it so I can pay respects to the long-lost religion of Marshallheim,", she lies through her teeth. Although the book mentions this, she's more interested in the long-lost artifacts and rumors that it mentions.

"Now you've got me at a disadvantage. What are you looking for?" Not knowing as much information as the other guy is a huge disadvantage.

Meanwhile, Outside the Trader's house...
    Now there are two of the village guards, out there, although one of them isn't completely prepared yet to go into battle. The third village guard hasn't arrived just quite yet. Still a couple of minutes, but the other two are prepared to go in, in case something happens.

In fact, the lack of shouting and struggle worries them. One looks at the one who's almost prepared. "Once you get your gloves on, let's check out what's happening."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-04 at 10:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

[A Popular Mountainside Village]

Though the man likely knows that she is lying, he doesn't mention anything. "I am here to serve my Cause. You will know nothing more." After a moment, he tries to roughly shove Harley aside. "Stay out of my way, thief. You are not on my itinerary today." He makes his way towards the secret passage.

5. - Top - End - #5

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII: Headstarts are really useful.

A Popular Mountain Village
    Trader's House
    Harley doesn't follow. In fact, she is thrown to the ground due to her light bodyweight.
    On the ground, she sighs in relief as she watches the mysterious man go down the secret passageway down by one of the bookcases.

After the man leaves, she goes behind the desk and starts looking through the unorganized scraps of paper, trying to see if she can find out what happened to the holy book.

Meanwhile...outside the building

The gloves are on! Two of the soldiers slowly come up to the doorway, in case something comes out to attack them. The soldier with the Olive-colored speech goes up first, to see into the building.

Meanwhile, down the secret passageway

The man will find himself going down a dark staircase. The hallway that he enters goes under into the mountains. The ceiling is wood, the walls are carved stone, and the hallway is horribly lit.

There are actually several different forks in the road. However, pursuing Marcos will be really easy. All the man has to do is either follow the sound of clattering footsteps on the cement floor, or follow the reflections of the torch that Marcos is carrying.

Marcos is running with a bright flare-torch in his hands; but he regrets ever getting overweight. He is already panting, and his running is slowing as he tries to get to the Storage Room, where he can shut the iron door and go out the secret backdoor exit, which will lead out back in the mountains.

Right, Left, right, and then a 1-minute sprint to the Iron Door.

Should the Mysterious Whited Man follow Marcos's easy-to-follow trail without deviating, he'll get within firing range of Marcos as the overweight Marcos is on the final stretch.

((Edit: Sorry for automatically assuming that your character will follow Marcos. If he follows Marcos, then go on; if not, then you can ignore the parts that are incorrect))
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-04 at 11:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Despite the fact that the man is walking, his pace is fast enough for him to catch up to Marcos. As soon as he sees the iron door that the trader is sprinting for, he points his revolver at the ceiling and fires once. "Stop, or the next bullet is in your leg," he says. He's not shouting, but his voice should carry through easily.

7. - Top - End - #7

A Popular Mountainside Village, a day's journey from Inside
    Main Floor
    The two soldiers leap into the room, with their swords and guns pointed at everything, ready to fire at anything that looks suspicious. "Everybody, FREEZE!" yells one...only to find that the only person there is Marcos, but with a scar on his chubby face, from his eyebrow to his chin. Was that there before?

"Oh." The shapeshifted Harley, luckily, noticed them before they noticed her, so she shapeshifted quickly. The scar stayed, though. She thinks quickly. "The thieves jumped out the window, and are running away with several objects. Go chase after them!" she says, pointing at a window that was luckily open.
    "Y-yes, sir." They both run out, following the imaginary thief...and then Harley shapeshifts back to her female form. "I hate looking like men." She continues to go through the unorganized desk.

Downstairs, in the Secret Passageway

Marcos halts!
    He holds his hands upwards, over his head, to show that he's unarmed, and he turns around to face the assailant. Just the torch-flare is in his hand. "To whom I owe the pleasure?" he asks, with obvious fear on his face.

Drat. If only I had made it into that room...I could've summoned allies. And escaped, as well.

EDIT:

DEADTIME
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-05 at 12:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

[Forest outside the SG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Yeah, the alcohol! You know, when you exchange the vows, the beer you have to drink. I would definitely marry you, except I might pass out. The drow finishes dressing and moves to drape an arm around her shoulder.

Hey, I've got a place like that! Out in the country. It's a little cottage, right in a forest!
    "...Alcohol? Beer??" She repeats, still just as confused as before. That's the weirdest marriage tradition she's ever heard of. Not that hers is much better, or that Elkandar has any chance of completing it, unless he spontaneously realizes he can switch skins.

Again, she glazes over the rest of her question. "Um, yeah! The cottage sounds perfect. I didn't know you had one. Don't you live in the Goblin?"
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

9. - Top - End - #9

Forest Outside the Sleeping Goblin

Elkandar shrugs. I do now! But my friend, he takes care of it for me.

The drow stretches. When should we go?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

10. - Top - End - #10

"You are in the presence of an Agent." That's all the man says regarding himself. All he can say, really. "The Black Society, merchant. Tell me their location." He holds the revolver ready.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

The child is asleep, and remains so. He doesn't respond to Cassidy's shout.

Village of Thingummywhat Worshippers

"He wouldn't; unlike everyone else, he can't speak the language you speak, only the language of our clan." He then says something to the chief in a language containing many monosyballic words. It seems good that the priest doesn't appear to know about the Gift of Tongues deities are supposed to have.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #12

[Sznovf - Wizard's Tower]

Cass sighs and looks around where she is. Maybe she could find something that would tell her where she needs to be to get rid of those monkeys.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

((Sorry; I thought I'd replied))

Amongst the rubble, Cassidy will find a silver amulet depicting a face in profile; comparison will reveal the face is that of the child chained to the altar. Also present in the rubble is a fossilised trilobite, a stack of eight gold coins that have been partially melted into a vague cylinder, a small bronze bell and the dessicated remains of a cat with a gold tooth in its lower jaw and a disintegrating silk collar studded with brown citrine crystals; they're natural, too. The bell is enchanted; when rung it will deafen those that hear it beyond the ringer; the exact time spent deaf depends on the person.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wilderness]

"Right. So, Riverside then? I mean, as long as I stayed out of Westside I'd probably be fine." Valente says, sounding unsure.
    [Wilderness]

"I guess, unless you like to live in Inside instead, to make sure they don't get you I mean. Not even sure if I can stay with Tenebras after this." Astrana admits.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Forest Outside the SG

"Right now!" Not knowing or caring that she hasn't a clue which direction it's in, Tyalla attempts to snatch his hand and sets out randomly.

She's a Shifter. Completely tireless when surrounded by nature. There's no such thing as a 'walking' distance for her, so if it's a long way, he may want to say something soon...

16. - Top - End - #16

Forest

The drow walks alongside her. Hold on, it's way too far to walk. A few hundred miles. How about this, love?

Elkandar keeps his hand on hers, places his fingers into his mouth, and blows a long, shrill, whistle.

He gives her hand a reassuring squeeze as he looks to the sky.

And a large screech is heard!

A huge eagle, like LOTR-esque, comes flying down and nuzzles Tyalla!

Hey, girl. This is Tyalla. He turns to Tyalla. Tyalla, Gwaihir. He smiles at her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

[Forest outside SG]

Wow. It'd have to be a really large eagle if it's meant to carry both of them. Especially as Tyalla weighs twice as much as an ordinary human, what with all the little nuances of her morphs. She can change that, though, if need be.

"That's too far to walk?" She asks, confused. But it's drowned out by the whistle, and she only watches as the eagle arrives.

"Ooh! I love eagles!" Truly, they're the masters of the skies, proud and perfectly-designed hunters.

Now, all Lairan Shifters can communicate with animals. It isn't speech, per se, more just a deep understanding, or a type of emphatic connection. Tyalla bows low, and sends out vibes of awe, gratitude, and general happiness at meeting Gwaihir.

18. - Top - End - #18

Forest Outside SG

Gwaihir gazes intently at Tyalla for a minute or two, solemnly.

Then squawks and nuzzles her neck gently with its head!

"Hey, that's my job! Elkandar laughs happily.

Gwaihir nuzzles his next, and then bends low to let the couple on her back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wilderness]

"I guess, unless you like to live in Inside instead, to make sure they don't get you I mean. Not even sure if I can stay with Tenebras after this." Astrana admits.
    [Wilderness]

Valente puts his face in his hands. "I'm sorry I'm doing this to you. Your whole life is getting turned upside down because of me."

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

"He wouldn't; unlike everyone else, he can't speak the language you speak, only the language of our clan." He then says something to the chief in a language containing many monosyballic words. It seems good that the priest doesn't appear to know about the Gift of Tongues deities are supposed to have.
    "Alright then, I'll be back later then with my child."
    She tries to wrap her arms around the chief and fly off into the air with him!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cyan Beach]

The pit lord takes flight rather quickly, but Damon should still be able to grapple it even after shape changing. But the instance he holds on to it's feet it spins around and attempts to cut off the tentacle with it's sword which is supernaturally sharp.

Meanwhile Damon should be able to feel a draft coming from above. Feels like something is descending...
    Losing a tentacle does not really concern Damon...

Because there's still about a dozen others either trying to grapple the pit lord, with a focus on grabbing his sword arm now mind you, or simply trying to stab him.

The draft from above is ignored for now. The pit lord must die first.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island Beach}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek will pull the dinghy even farther up the beach to make sure it doesn't get washed away, and then grabs his bag out of it. He offers her his arm to hold for the walk back.

"I'm glad to hear it."
    Jezebelle takes Derek's arm and walks with him back to the cottage.

They may see Melody talking to Vincent and Caroline. They seem to be just standing there, looking at each other.

Jezebelle turns to look Derek in the eyes. Well, this is where we part ways, for the night.

{Melody's Island- Near Cottage}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Let's do that soup game thing." Vincent says. Kinda pointless to argue her back into it and then ditch her for the fishing game.
    Well not pointless so much as mean and cruel.
    List of Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Fishing Game: Catch as many fish as you can, in one minute. The more you catch, the better the prize.
    2. Vegetable Patch Pitch: Two player game. One player picks the vegetables, the other catches them in a basket. The more you catch, the better the prize.
    3. Feed the Refugees: Two player game. One player stirs the kettle, adding the right ingredients, while the other player serves the food. The more refugees you feed, without making them sicker, the better the prize.

Rules for Feed the Refugees
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player 1: Create soups from a limited amount of ingredients. Some ingredients go together better than others.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tuna x 4
    Salmon x 2
    Octopus x 2
    Beef x 2
    Onions x 4
    Carrots x 4
    Potatoes x 4
    Cabbage x 6
    Salt x 6
    Pepper x 4
    Garlic x 4

Once the soup is done cooking, carry the kettle of soup to the Refugees. It's heavy, so be careful. Each soup will make enough for 5 refugees.

If you spill it, press 'A' as fast as you can, to turn it back upright. For every two seconds it's on it's side, it loses one serving.

Player 2: Once the kettle is at the serving site, Player 2 must scoop it into bowls. He can carry up to three bowls of soup at a time, but the more you carry, the harder it becomes to keep your balance.

The more soup you spill, the less full the refugees become. This could be a good thing, if the soup is bad.

Carry the bowl(s) to the refugees and press 'A' (left hand), 'B' (right hand), or 'X' (head) to give the refugee his bowl. If you choose an empty hand, you slap the refugee. If you choose the head, and no hand is free, the soup spills on the refugee.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-06 at 12:35 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island Also Near Cottage}

He stops with her turn to face her and reaching out to take one of her hands in his.

"Well it has been a pleasure. I'll see you in the morning?"

He asks hopefully.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Near Cottage}

"Do you want to make soup or serve soup?"
    Vincent has absolutely no idea what goes good in a soup. People eating stuff are weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Forest Outside SG

Tyalla giggles in a very Tyalla-esque fashion, and gently runs a few fingers over the eagle's soft feathers. This time the vibes are mostly admiration.

"She looks like a strong bird, but wouldn't carrying both of us be a strain?" Likely not (eagles do, after all need to be able to carry their weight plus the weight of prey, and a giant eagle's prey would be... well, giant) but Tyalla usually worries over her usually negative effects on wildlife.

26. - Top - End - #26

Forest Outside SG

She'll be fine! She carried me and my stuff here. She carried me here, and sometimes Greenfang and Faustus.

Elkandar! She doesn't know them!

My friends.. at the cottage.

He climbs on. Let's go!
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-06 at 04:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

The chief screams slightly as he's lifted off the ground, but soon starts to shout in glee and exhilaration. If held for too long, it's likely to be annoying.

28. - Top - End - #28

The Sky
    Megan's helmet engages as she continues to go up higher and higher into the sky and then forward until she's hopefully above a forest of some sort.
    She'll then teleport both of them above a volcano, try to drop the chief into the volcano after taking his antler hat, and then teleport to AMEN.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

The Sky --> To Volcanic Doom

The chief yells 'wheee' as he falls until he realises he's not being held any more, at which point it turns into a scream of fear before he is close enough to the magma for convection to come into effect at which point it turns into a scream of pain. Don't worry, though; shortly after it's a scream of pain it stops.

Dropping him onto a regular mountain would have worked just as well, and wouldn't have been so painful. He'd have died instantly upon hitting the rock, rather than been cooked in midair before dying instantly upon hitting the rock.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Picnic]

Ormirrah blinks for a moment, absorbing everything that had just been said, "You're a wish granter?"

A very simple way of saying the above, but in the end a summarization may have been somewhat necessary.
    "I suppose that is one way to describe it although the grants in particular can be considered rather situational. I try not to advertise, as I mentioned in so many words before, and I rather dislike turning prospective seekers away." the Entity said as they set both saucer and cup on one of the golden spikes attached to the ring. "Though, in that respect, one could consider themselves lucky as I try to keep the pomp and bluster to a minimum. Showmanship excluded in some cases, mind." they said with a light nod to the teacup that was now just as defiant of gravity as the ring, slowly traveling along with the spike it sat on like some sort of one carriage Ferris wheel. It was all in good fun, at least for them

"But I suppose, as you ask, you have something that you would, ah, 'wish' for, yes? Though it might be some overcompensation in comparison to the initial slight, I do not foresee that to be an overwhelmingly problematic issue. So, what is it you would request?" asked the Entity as they lightly set their hands in their lap, waiting with the same mild interest and curiosity that seemed to be their default state.