New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Weehee, bloody battles to the death.

I will be throwing someone at this.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

At first I thought the No magic rule keeps most people away, but then i read the to the death rule.

Just in case , should the takers be human like? For example could a non humanoid join.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Humanoid or Mostly Human is preferred. Obvious monsters would probably not be accepted. Umber Hulks and the like I mean. The end result is that Bellan wants a chance to mate with whoever it is(if they prove themselves worthy). Anything too far-fetched would be unwanted by her even if she'd accept it into the fight just to watch it die.

That said, IC, the prize will be quite a large sum of money, glory, and possibly even an artifact weapon or two.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm...

Count me in. >>

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

That post took an hour....grah. Please inform me if I did something wrong.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... no magic, no monsters.... that's gonna rule out any Drow I have, because they are innately magical. Matron Xar'Cha however is very interested in breeding programs and such. She may have a human champion to offer up for the battle. Potentially getting daemonic blood into a line that could be her own personal shock troops? Pretty good deal. Being a guest at a big bloodbath that'll win her friends in another city? also fun.

Count me in, Wolfy.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

So, interestingly, Harnel is also going to be holding a tournament of sorts, but rather than get himself a new kid like Bellan seems to be doing, he's doing it to get people knowing about the school he wants to open. the restrictions aren't as stringent, and the fights aren't to the death, of course. He's going to be advertising pretty much everywhere (the different orgs, inside, underside, wherever), so if you have a character that would like to take part, go ahead and let me know
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #368

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    So, even though I've been mostly away and will likely continue doing so for the immediate future, I've come up with a plot I'd like to do, but I need to gauge interest first, especially when it's likely going to be a very slow one regardless of my presence here.

For those who follow Riverside, I've posted a couple things about Jezebel's sisters visiting her, and in one of those posts, Bellan, the eldest of the bunch and a daemon-queen of Khorne, mentioned that she needs to try and bear a child.

In order to find a worth mate though, I'd like to have her hold a Blood-Sport. There are only a few rules to the combat, but one of them will likely keep a lot of PCs away.

First, males only. Period. Even though it won't be stated in the rules, this is how Bellan will be looking for a potential father.

Second, no magic. No magic, psionics, bending, or what not. Because she serves Khorne, she has a huge dislike of magic.

Third and finally, the fights are to the death. She is doing this halfway for her amusement and as a sort of sacrifice to her god as well. People unwilling to kill another person shouldn't even show up. Such mercy will probably cause her to step in and kill that person in disgust.

Now, as for the possible relationship issues, Bellan isn't looking for a relationship. She's looking to boink someone till she's sure she's with child. That's it, so you don't have to worry about long-term RP.

So, any takers?
    Very interested, Wolfbane, if you'll have me.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

So six jets fly out of nowhere, godmode everyone being so distracted that they can pop up out of nowhere, fire off not just a missile, but several missiles, followed by several super-powered missiles, followed by several bombs, and then zip out without hardly any chance of retaliation or defense.

All in the same post.

Isn't that kind of one of those things we've called out other people on?
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-19 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

It's meant to be a probable distraction.

It may be interrupted if there is opportunity. If there is not such a thing, however, it's faster. The whole post as it is is the ideal scenario-if the diversion doesn't actually work, again, it can be interrupted.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2012-09-19 at 06:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh...my...

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Only males? Foo

That said: C'nor if you could clean out your PM box a tiny bit, it would be helpful. Or I can just post the message here in OOC as there is nothing that actually needs to be private but I thought it would grab your attention better that way.
    Would this be about the Hunting Grounds? Because I just figured out how to write the half of the post I was having trouble with. (Also, my apologies for the delay.)

In any case, sure, go ahead and post the message, if it's still necessary.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh ok. I usually presume what other people put in their posts happen without interruption unless specified in the post itself. That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #374

*Pokes C'nor to BDD*
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Would this be about the Hunting Grounds? Because I just figured out how to write the half of the post I was having trouble with. (Also, my apologies for the delay.)

In any case, sure, go ahead and post the message, if it's still necessary.
    The PM in question was just asking if you wished to make an OOC resolution to the interacton given the time that had passed without any real mention of it but this works fine too.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, has the Temple of Splendours thing come to a halt? I don't remember having seen any replies to it recently.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

It's going slow, but not quite stopped. I and Murkus are at least continuing it, though since Tina just introduced Shrike I'm waiting for the Bushranger to make a comment for her before I post my reply to the last post.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #378

Pokemon daycare reality:
    Spoiler
    Show

And Harnel, Kirlia would be quite interested in that!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    So, interestingly, Harnel is also going to be holding a tournament of sorts, but rather than get himself a new kid like Bellan seems to be doing, he's doing it to get people knowing about the school he wants to open. the restrictions aren't as stringent, and the fights aren't to the death, of course. He's going to be advertising pretty much everywhere (the different orgs, inside, underside, wherever), so if you have a character that would like to take part, go ahead and let me know
    Hmm. What kind of power level are you looking for?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    It's going slow, but not quite stopped. I and Murkus are at least continuing it, though since Tina just introduced Shrike I'm waiting for the Bushranger to make a comment for her before I post my reply to the last post.
    I'm waiting for BR as well, since Shrike was talking to my second Ghost in the Machine, and Kara is due to respond for Talnissa and Pass.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, right, she was, sorry. I'll get a post up shortly.

EDIT: ...although Talnissa never was posted for after Kara's last post.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-19 at 07:55 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

@Mindfreak: I always kept my Magikarp in the first slot of the party, and gave it the XP share if I had it. If I left any pokemon in the day care, I'd forget about them and never return. Besides, that way as soon as it evolved I'd have a Gyrados, my favourite water-type pokemon.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking about making a character who is essentially a spirit bound to/within a sword, able to take a physical form separate from the blade but only when allowed by the sword's owner (which might take a bit of wrangling).
    Anyone interested in such a sword?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Temple of Splendours]
    Pass swims over to Kara, smiling very slightly.
    Are you enjoying the novelty of swimming in a high-viscosity liquid, Kara? I find it quite interesting.
    This post hit me with such Deja Vu. I think it might just be the high-viscosity liquid part, but it seems familiar.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Qiqirn bite. But do let it run away; it's more scared of you than you are of it, I believe.

Wolfy, should have mentioned this sooner, but I think I might have a throwaway male character for this. Might not be merely throwaway, though. My existing melee characters are an elderly female barbarian, a lesbian paladin and a gay male vampire, so aren't likely to be interested.

Harnel, I think one of those three will be interested. Though the paladin might not be too welcome.

26. - Top - End - #386

I'm interested in Harnel's tourney, gives me an opportunity to use a combat char. I haven't actually been in that many combats.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #387

I believe Rogar would be interested in Harnel tournament. After all, his boss would like to know what one of Watch's open members is up to.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps a bit more clarification on the "magic" is necessary. Magical creatures such as drow would be allowed, but using Darkness or their innate Levitation would be frowned on by Bellan. But should a Drow Warrior use just his martial skill and won, then she'd have no reason to disrespect it.

Also, it won't exactly be advertised why Bellan is doing this other than she's testing warriors to grant them her favor. Some people can probably figure out what that means though.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    So, even though I've been mostly away and will likely continue doing so for the immediate future, I've come up with a plot I'd like to do, but I need to gauge interest first, especially when it's likely going to be a very slow one regardless of my presence here.

For those who follow Riverside, I've posted a couple things about Jezebel's sisters visiting her, and in one of those posts, Bellan, the eldest of the bunch and a daemon-queen of Khorne, mentioned that she needs to try and bear a child.

In order to find a worth mate though, I'd like to have her hold a Blood-Sport. There are only a few rules to the combat, but one of them will likely keep a lot of PCs away.

First, males only. Period. Even though it won't be stated in the rules, this is how Bellan will be looking for a potential father.

Second, no magic. No magic, psionics, bending, or what not. Because she serves Khorne, she has a huge dislike of magic.

Third and finally, the fights are to the death. She is doing this halfway for her amusement and as a sort of sacrifice to her god as well. People unwilling to kill another person shouldn't even show up. Such mercy will probably cause her to step in and kill that person in disgust.

Now, as for the possible relationship issues, Bellan isn't looking for a relationship. She's looking to boink someone till she's sure she's with child. That's it, so you don't have to worry about long-term RP.

So, any takers?
    Count me in! Although the character I'm putting up (Orrey, link in my sig) is both male and human, he's got a powerful regenerative healing factor. Dunno if that's considered fair, but...

Count me double for this! Though you can likely expect a different character.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #390
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd like to submit a character for this, as slots are filling fast. Spec, the female gladiator I've been playing, hasn't signed on with an org yet and I've been debating having her join WATCHTOWER for a long (arguably too long) time now. This is the perfect opportunity for her to meet and possibly duel (if either of them will participate in this) Harnel and Wenomir, who I've envisioned (and please correct me if I'm wrong about this) as celebrated swordsmen of the Nexus. She'd be a fan of their's if they are as famous as I understand them to be. What better way to make an impression on your idol than on the field of glory (minus bloodshed)?

And now I offer unto you rpers pokes!

@BR: Please post in AMEN for Becky when you have a spare moment. The human supremacists won't protest themselves!

@Murkus: Is the scene in Temples of Dalachrech on hold or is it being dropped?

@C'nor: Please post in Temples of Dalachrech for Despair when you're available. In addition, I'm continuing to play Spec so I'm wondering what's up with her relationship with Trium since we seem to have dropped the last two scenes they've been together and Trium hasn't been onscreen for ages (to my knowledge).

@Harnel: Please post in Temples of Dalachrech for Kail when you've got some free time on your hands.

@DoomITP: Post for GLoG please whenever you're able to do so.

That about does it for me and pokes tonight. It is late here so I'll log back on in the morning and post for Home (TE and MF) and CURATOR (Rein, Surtr, Zefir, and singingnoodle) and we'll see where things go from there! Good night, gang!