New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Harnel, would a non-evil demonkin be accepted for Harnel-the-character's competition?
    Mhm. In fact, it's very likely there's a different demon involved already, based on some messages shared between another player, so something like this isn't an issue.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Naera will definitely be in attendance, then.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I can see Zefir's point though. Ilpholin, pre-demonhood anyways, used no magic in her fighting, except for a magic weapon that is pretty predominate in her style. Probably cause normal whips aren't particularly helpful. All the same, she's always been considered up there in terms of the fighter scale. Using an enchanted weapon means nothing if you don't have the skill and discipline to use it properly.

Well except for Lava Rage Axe.

There is also the point that it seems some artifact weapons are up as prizes? Those are magic, yes?
    I should hope so anyways, lest they break from being old and brittle. >>
    But I dunno. Don't know enough about Khorne.
    Yeah I didn't mean the rod of atomic explosion. Just like long sword +1. I understand that weapons with effects like the Lava Rage Axe won't count.

@Harnel: If I read right the tournament is mainly about swordsmanship? Well the char in mind should fit for it as an unexperienced person.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I've been out of Nexus for a while. Probably coming back tentatively.

Hey, everyone. ^^

Options for my initial coming back:

1) Reboot old character or 2) new character.

Either way, it's a character from White Wolf's Scion. So, either I reboot Brianna Corcoran at the low end of the scale, or I bring in Sophia Holt, a Scion of Tyr.

Not sure which. Thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome back Horngeek.

I have no real opinion on the question though, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

W-

*notices Reinholdt's sig*

...;_; You had to put him there?

Anyway. If I rebooted Brianna... well, she hasn't interacted in that important a manner, to be honest. Which is why I'm considering it.

Sophia's essentially a cop right down to her blood (literally, since Tyr's a god of Justice). She'd probably want to work with or for Remnant, actually.

...which might be a problem. Do they accept divine-powered applicants? I forget. Anyway, she'd work well for 'detective' plots. Or more straightforwards 'defending the weak and seeking justice for them' type plots.

*shrugs* I might just do both, to be honest, but I'm leaning towards introducing Sophia first.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

It's possible Remnant would take her on. Their main concern would be the divine aspect, as someone with important ties elsewhere can introduce complications. However, it wouldn't necessarily disqualify her. The main problem is that Remnant is a bit overstaffed at the moment, with not a lot of investigating for them to do. That could change at any time, since Remnant reacts to other people's plots rather than starting them, but that's the situation at the moment.

Watchtower could do with a healer, and is somewhat understaffed. So rebooting Brianna and putting her there could be useful. There is also a tournament that Wenomir and Harnel are starting up, and it's always good to have a healer at a tournament.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods* I'll rework Brianna and plonk her in WATCHTOWER, then.

And conflicting loyalties would be a problem, so Sophia would probably work with rather than for Remnant. Give her more opportunities to do stuff on her own, too. :)

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey there Horngeek! Was wondering when you'd be back. You seemed the type to come back, you know?

As far as involving yourself in my plot, once Harnel starts advertising for the tourney (he hasn't yet) just get her to meet with Harnel and they can discuss what she can do to help.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    W-

*notices Reinholdt's sig*

...;_; You had to put him there?

/人◕ ‿‿◕人\
    (Beware, spoilers)
    Would you like to make a wish and become a magical girl?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

You know, Reinholdt, all this time, I thought that was supposed to be Mr Squiggles.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, no. Kyubey is one of my most hated anime characters, let me put it that way.

...actually, here's the best way to put it. He's worse than Calubufiok.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

But the little sig graphic looks spidery.

I guess it lacks enough eyes though.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, redid Brianna's sheet. Now, to introduce her to WATCHTOWER! *goes to post*
    *starts writing up Sophia's sheet*

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back horngeek. I have no opinions one way or another about what you should do with your characters, I'm afraid, but Dipsnig wouldn't mind a godling on his payroll. /kidding
    Also, since the Avatar thread in the Media Discussion section is dead, I'm going to put this here (mild spoilers for those who haven't seen Avatar: the Last Airbender yet, I guess).
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-21 at 06:27 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

*glare glare at SC*
    You know why!

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Welcome back horngeek. I have no opinions one way or another about what you should do with your characters, I'm afraid, but Dipsnig wouldn't mind a godling on his payroll. /kidding
    Also, since the Avatar thread in the Media Discussion section is dead, I'm going to put this here (mild spoilers for those who haven't seen Avatar: the Last Airbender yet, I guess).
    She didn't threaten to flay the pizza delivery boy alive if he didn't arrive in a punctual manner. Clearly this is some form of impostor, and not the real Azula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

I LIIIIVE!

Ahem, yes.

I won't be able to start posting this moment, but I would appreciate a list of all the places I'm needed. It's obvious a lot is going on in Outside, so I'll be needed there, but beyond that a list of where I'm needed would be really helpful and should help keep me from missing anything.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Yeah, no. Kyubey is one of my most hated anime characters, let me put it that way.

...actually, here's the best way to put it. He's worse than Calubufiok.
    Really? Cause frankly I think he's awesome. And a far cry from the selfishness that is Cal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    People get all upset just cause he's an alien who doesn't have the same human emotions as everyone. I don't get it. They had to realize from the get go that he doesn't think the way we do. And I sure can't hate him for working to save the multi-verse.

"We can't understand what it means 'to trick' to begin with. When you regret a wrong decision based on a misunderstanding, you humans tend to hate the other party for some reason."

Couldn't find the quote about emotions being considered a psychological disorder.

I had seriously considered bringing an Incubator to the Nexus, but decided it wouldn't translate well. Too many people get so attached...

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    But the little sig graphic looks spidery.

I guess it lacks enough eyes though.
    Admittedly, it does look spidery, so I can see where that thought came from. But now, it's just the cat in the link right below.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-21 at 12:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Heya Lost. All I've got for you is Inside. Pretty sure I don't have anything else going on involving you.

Also, for those in GLoG, Earl, Dimonite, Orch, McBish, feel free to skip over me unless someone addresses Salix directly.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    DEB, I don't know what you think you're doing trying to flee from the guard. I don't know what you think it would have accomplished. He wasn't going to be let into the party without an invitation. It's highly unlikely anyone inside Delmah Phor was going to take pity on him and take him in. If you wanted to work out some sort of plot, talk to me about it, don't just drag me into it. I offered multiple opportunities for people to get their characters into the party. I offered opportunities for people to have characters and entire families in Delmah Phor. I will still offer such an opportunity if you want to have your drow family get a spot in Delah Phor, but they are going to have to introduce themselves in a positive light to House Xar'Cha. A small child and potential spy who wants to do nothing but drag themselves into trouble is not a good way to do this.
    Just reposting this because I don't think Dark Elf Bard saw it last night.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Barbarian in the Playground

C'nor, If you could make a post in the Hunting Grounds, I would greatly appreciate it.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    I LIIIIVE!

Ahem, yes.

I won't be able to start posting this moment, but I would appreciate a list of all the places I'm needed. It's obvious a lot is going on in Outside, so I'll be needed there, but beyond that a list of where I'm needed would be really helpful and should help keep me from missing anything.
    Ponona? I don't know whose turn it is there, but I don't think it's mine.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

First off, HG, it's great to see you back.

Secondly, regarding my Blood-Pit plot, it appears that Harnel's plot has a lot more interest than mine, so if I am to keep my idea running, I'd at least like to ask for a Roll-Call of all those who are interested in which of the two plots so we can keep track. If there's not enough people interested in mine, I'm going to delay it's start until Harnel's is over. I know I stated my plot in OOC first, but since he is online more often than me, he should have priority. If that's the case, maybe after his plot is over there'll be more interest in mine.

As far equipment for the Blood-Pits goes, it can be anything from bare fists to guns to leather to power armor. Battle and war knows no boundaries after all.

In respect to the magic on the weapons and armor, it's a fine line. Mostly, if it is the warrior who fights and wins his battles, that's fine. If it is merely his equipment, magic or not, then they really can't be called a true warrior, can they? The classic longsword +1 would be perfectly fine, but a Longsword of cutting everything and drilling the heavens with extra fireballs wouldn't be. A sword that bestows strength and berserking on the wielder would be fine where a shield that has medusa's gaze wouldn't be.

I don't have any real limits, but it should be fairly easy to reason out.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-09-21 at 04:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Count me in on your plot, Wolfy.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm interested in both (with different characters).

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir's going to be a judge in Harnel's tournament. He might also fight there recreationally. I'm not going to participate in Wolfy's tournament, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

I'm interested in both, but I'd need to come up with a character for Wolfy's. All mine are unsuitable due to being either non-combatants, primarily magic-users, female, with the exception being a vampire, who is probably sterile due to being undead for over 70 years and is also gay besides.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm interested in Harnel's tournament.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

That's it, I'm pulling out of the scene Outside. If Noodle isn't going to be courteous enough to acknowledge my request to not ignore my attack, and then skip over me entirely, then I don't see any point in roleplaying further with him.

This goes for the Marciano Hate Club too. Sel and his devils will not be participating in the assault against Louv're tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.