New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

It is reparable, maybe, but it is not small. Editing this post isn't really necessary; I can deal with it because Sophie is patient enough that her listening to Valaria's largely irrelevant rambling is believable. The point is that posts like this one give me a very unpleasant feeling like my character is mostly irrelevant and her purpose is to trigger the backstory dump. This is something I dislike and also something I manage to avoid despite recieving education in philology, during which I learned not to expend more words than I need. So before we continue I'd like a promise that this isn't going to happen again.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Wait, what?

Dude, you're scolding me like you think I'm a child. That isn't cool. Do you really believe that I'd not go out of my way to avoid agitating you again? I'm not here to anger or upset others, as I've iterated and reiterated on multiple occasions. Frankly, I find your last response condescending and unconducive to a friendly conclusion to this misunderstanding. I previously stated that I got carried away and I'd work with you to resolve the issue, but lording your credentials over me and requesting that I promise never to do something again is ridiculous!

I get it. You don't like me or my style. You've spelled that out IC and OoC now. And that's fine! I try to experiment with new words when I'm posting. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. But it pays off when I win a game of Scrabble or ace the writing portion of the SAT. And I think it is kind of fun to play with the workings of language.

I'm not going to promise to write only minimalistic one/two/three-liners when your characters are about. I will try to avoid lengthy speeches and engage your character in shorter segments of "irrelevant rambling", but I'm not acceding to a power play.

You don't have to rp with me if you don't want to. I'll understand. And if it were/is a consensus that everyone hated/hates rping with me, I'd/I'll leave.

For now, I'm gonna try to take a nap. This fever and the lassitude it rides with are no good for me.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* I'm not scolding you. Or maybe I am, a little. You just happened to hit one of the numerous pet peeves of mine. I'm sorry if I came off cranky. I am cranky and I don't always manage to hold it back. I don't intend to stop RPing with you and at any rate, I'm going to finish that scene since I don't like to leave them unfinished.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Pixie in the Playground

And I apologize for overreacting to your last post. The "promise" thing and my fever set me off like nothing else. I will endeavor to keep my posts concise as I completely understand and respect where you're coming from. I realize that I really overdid the dialogue in that GLoG post and appreciate that you let me know that you don't enjoy long pieces so that I can adapt accordingly. And you're completely right. The GLoG IC post devolved, becoming less of a discussion and more of a one-sided lecture. And I'll happily edit that if you'd like!

I'll be the first to admit that I make mistakes! And that overzealous piece was one of them! And when I do make mistakes, I try to strive to welcome and incorporate corrections into my writing. If I am stepping on toes, that isn't what I set out to do and I'd love for those problems to be brought to my attention so that I can fix them. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I simply err.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

No, don't edit. I've already responded and I figure Sophie wouldn't interrupt Valaria, since she prefers to let people talk as long as they want, as she used to be a social worker.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You know, it's one of those really nice things about this forum that people tend to talk out their problems like reasonable adults instead of just cursing at each other until both get banned.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Barbarian in the Playground

*pokes Morty to Inside*

8. - Top - End - #608
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Witte Wieven bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #609

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    You know, it's one of those really nice things about this forum that people tend to talk out their problems like reasonable adults instead of just cursing at each other until both get banned.

But Blade, then it isn't fun
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmmmm.

I'm wondering how well a character with prophetic abilities might work in the Nexus. It'd be more poetic hints than straight-out saying 'this is what's going to happen', and it'd mostly be in relation to plots more than anything else.

Thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think it could work, long as you kept the predictions vague and talked it out with all players involved beforehand. I for one wouldn't have a problem with an oracle character.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #612

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I think it could work, long as you kept the predictions vague and talked it out with all players involved beforehand. I for one wouldn't have a problem with an oracle character.
    I second this opinion.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

They have been difficult to do in the past, at least from what I've seen. I've never tried one myself. An oracle character might work best as a reoccurring one that shows up just before/just at the beginning of plots and does some spooky foreshadowing to the characters involved.

Just an idea. Good luck with it all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

You can look at horoscopes for examples of fairly vague prophecies that can apply to anyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Happiness reigns in the home as everyone feels the energy changing, Aquarius. It seems that the end of one cycle brings closure, and now you're free to start a new journey of rebirth. You, above all, are apt to feel a powerful rush of intuition, which could reveal positive events coming up for you and those close to you. A few doubts may cloud your impressions, but let them go.

http://www.horoscope.com/
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

XD

Well, yeah, but I'd like the prophecies to have some accuracy.

Like I said, I'll probably ask the person running the plot about some events relevant to the plot, then frame them in metaphor and stuff.

Hmmm... this'll be interesting to do, actually. Fortunately, the character in question has a limit of pretty much literally 'one prophecy per plot'.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I have an issue in that my keyboard has stopped working; this was typed with that stupid onscreen keyboard thing. as such, I will not be posting until I can manage getting a new one from somewhere.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm at my end trying to type with something that only works a fifth of the time, and even then devolves into a sticky keys nightmare.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #617

I'm positively sick
    See all of you tomorrow.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Not negatively sick?

Jokes aside, that sucks. Get some rest, and we'll see you when you feel better. ^^

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Xing Tian bite. With its navel.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

*Pokes Beans to the DFI for Cheisha and Savorla*

21. - Top - End - #621

*Prods C'nor to the Hunting Grounds*

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    *Pokes Beans to the DFI for Cheisha and Savorla*
    *pokes C'nor to the new DFI thread. It smells nice and fresh.*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

BR, nudge to GLoG.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

*SUPER POKES KK to his plot thread*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Yuxa bite.

Also, BR, could you please post for GLoG's Infirmary, where Lume has taken the slightly-unconscious Sea Elf?

26. - Top - End - #626

*pokes Horngeek to Inside*

27. - Top - End - #627

Edited my latest Watch post to include Hildur.

28. - Top - End - #628

I'm back!

C'nor, is Hollow Hill still going?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Sort of. It got buried under the whole plague plot, though, so if everyone could link me to their last post there, please?

30. - Top - End - #630
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Zhulong bite.