New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

If I might have everyone's last post in Hollow Hill, please? Ponona Blvd. buried it rather effectively, which is why I stopped posting in the first place.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Is the crazed murderer in the Red Zone? Because if you really want, I can send a Chrysalid their way.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Orc in the Playground

Or, if it's still the Red Zone, I could have him meet some of my creepy children things.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #694

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    If I might have everyone's last post in Hollow Hill, please? Ponona Blvd. buried it rather effectively, which is why I stopped posting in the first place.
    This was my latest post, I think.

5. - Top - End - #695

Well, it is indeed in the red zone.
    I can take both of you if you want.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

I'm up for three predators meeting in a dark alleyway.

I fully expect to lose; the child-things are not very tough; more ambush predators than anything else. But, we'll see.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    *pokes fuffle to home*
    Poke received. Post shall be soon.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Brag bite.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

*Grins madly*

If everyone I'm in a scene with could let me know whose turn it is, please? I think I know everywhere I need to post, but I want to make sure there's nowhere I'm forgetting...
    You need to post in AMEN for Karyana. Still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I delay that until the search function comes back? There's rather a lot I need to look up for it...

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Google is your friend!

("site:giantitp.com {search term}")

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Google is your friend!

("site:giantitp.com {search term}")
    The difficulty being that I want to search within a thread, and only for users, as otherwise, I'll get far too many hits, since I'd be searching for RB's posts, as that was where I first introduced the prototypes for the army Karyana is making for AMEN.

14. - Top - End - #704

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Well, it is indeed in the red zone.
    I can take both of you if you want.
    I have send my remnant scorpion there, if that's to much just ignore my post ok?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    I have send my remnant scorpion there, if that's to much just ignore my post ok?
    That is too much, Zefir.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #706

Blade of Oblivion, I need you to post in outside for the demon plot please.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Blade of Oblivion, I need you to post in outside for the demon plot please.
    Is it my turn? Huh. Posting.

18. - Top - End - #708

Here!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. I'm really quite tired. Anyway, goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Cuegle bite.

20. - Top - End - #710

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Hollow Hill

When he sees how dark it is, Louis shuts his eyes and counts to thirty before he walks in, human eyes not nearly adept at dealing with darkness as his companion. His eyes properly adjusted, he walks to where Meli is. He squints to read Meli's message in the dark, but manages. "Right. I'm Louis. I'm just here for support, you can go ahead and ignore me."
    Here's mine, and Keveak's is right above it.

And I know this is an old quote but it's something I'm curious about:

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Penal Company

"Maybe I just should have accepted the firing squad. Except then I wouldn't see mother again,"
    Varo says.
    Emphasis mine.

I'm sorry but what? Firing squad or Penal Company? Those are his only choices? Does Inside have no regular prisons? I know it's not as much fun to RP when all the cool criminals are in Penal Company, but seriously? Varo's in there for poisoning his father, who beat his mother. That's murder one at worst not Military Treason. Pleading guilty would probably get him life (Which is technically just 14 years before parole becomes available.) A good lawyer could probably get him murder two, tried as a juvenile by elf standards (he's described as a teenage looking if I recall correctly), and maybe even the judges sympathy and a reduced sentence.

I guess I'm rambling so I'll actually make a point: Sweet Thanksmas, Remnant seemed to be little unnecessarily harsh on this one, dontcha think?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps so, but prisons just don't work in FFRP. If a character gets stuck in prison and isn't escaping, then they might as well be permadeadtimed. It's happened plenty in the past. There's just so little RP potential in prison, and most no one wants to do it.

So I do believe the reason is mostly OoC, though Happy could supply a more complete and accurate answer.

22. - Top - End - #712

@Orchestra: They need to get people in Penal company somehow

Also goodnight! Z.Z
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #713

I get that, Ghar. What would be the point of even making the character if your just going to stick them in regular prison and have nothing to do with him?

I guess it comes down to what Varo did feeling too light in comparison to everyone else I've seen in Penal Company. That's presumably the point, though, having a character whose too innocent get sent to Penal Company, but I feel it's done in a way that makes me question just how Remnant operates.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-10-07 at 09:12 PM.

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #714

So...a protest is now happening in Inside.
    These citizens of Inside are protesting against the Council and Remnant.
    ...I was bored and thought it might be interesting for there to be a group that doesn't like Remnant and the Council being intertwined with Inside.
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #715

Odd, I always suspected the answer was more IC than anything. I mean, Remnant is a tough bunch of dudes. Some of their higher-ups (including the guy who runs the Penal Company, if I recall correctly) hail from the notoriously grim 40kverse, and while the Nexus might not be anywhere near as harsh and unforgiving as that setting, it's still pretty brutal. Hospitals have a bad tendency to be overrun by undead monstrosities. All sorts of killers get their start by causing mysterious deaths in the Red Zone area. The local parks are infested with malicious, capricious fairy folk. The word 'apocalypse' is frequently pluralized, and with good reason. Given the stakes of that war Remnant is constantly fighting to keep Inside from eating itself, is anyone going to notice or mind if some daddy-killing elf is given the ol' twelve gun salute?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-10-07 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #716
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm...

On the topic of the firing squad, could an elf noble with excessively vapid tastes (when it comes to dishing out punishment, that is) have threatened Varo with a daunting date with a military firing squad him if he didn't turn himself over to Remnant? If Varo's pop were the son of, say, one of the high-ranking elite of his society and nepotism was the ruling class's corruption of the day, I mean.

With Inside being the massive size that it is, and growing with each passing day, Remnant mustn't be the sole police force of Inside. Could be that it is simply the supreme police force, the way I see it.

Thus, I'm asking this question to clarify some stuff.

Is Remnant the only PC/NPC police force (onscreen/offscreen) in Inside or are there any less important others?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-07 at 10:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717

@Magtok: If that's the case, why would Remnant care that some elf kid gave his homosapien dad arsenic flavored oatmeal for breakfast?

It really depends what angle you want to approach this "realistically" from.

To really answer your question, Yes. In Inside as it is presented, the "apocalypses" (which is technically a misnomer since Inside is still standing) don't affect how people live everyday life. People still go to shopping malls, they still run businesses, they still go to school, and a good number of them are still friendly yet armed to the teeth (us). People would totally care if some kid got put in front of a firing squad. Unrealistic, yeah. But it's just how Nexus works.

Have you ever read Astro City? It's about a city in a world populated by superheroes, and the city happens to have the most in the world. In one story a new family moved into town and during their first day, there is an incredibly dangerous villain attempting to level the city. The whole neighborhood is outside rubbernecking from afar. The new family asks a couple where their children are and the couple answer that they are inside doing their homework, because assuming they all aren't dead, they'll have to be in school in the morning. As I've seen thus far, Inside is like that.

@Alexandrian: Varo killed his step-dad, who's human.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-10-07 at 10:17 PM.

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

There used to be the ICM, but Darklord hasn't been around, so it's pretty much dead now. It could probably be revived, though, if anyone were to put in a bit of time tracking down the old members (as I recall, there was a now-dead character of Slii's, Tlannae, and Adir for PCs), or even just moving into the building and starting recruitment again.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

There used to be the ICM, but Darklord hasn't been around, so it's pretty much dead now. It could probably be revived, though, if anyone were to put in a bit of time tracking down the old members (as I recall, there was a now-dead character of Slii's, Tlannae, and Adir for PCs), or even just moving into the building and starting recruitment again.
    It'd be kind of impolite to take control of something that another player controlled just because they aren't around anymore. If you were to ask Bright, that would be another matter, but you shouldn't otherwise.

That said, there's no reason a similar group couldn't be established, just not operating under the same name.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm a little distracted at the moment, so that little detail slipped out of my mind completely unnoticed.

Doesn't invalidate the main premise, though.

The firing detail might not have reported directly to Remnant. They might've reported to a leader who might cooperate with Remnant to police his/her own subsection of the city.

And thanks for the input, C'nor! I forgot all about ICM! So there were/are mini-police forces that worked/work with Remnant, then (to varying degrees). That enables corruption without any of the blame falling upon Remnant, if a player so chooses to utilize any of that in Nexus-based character backstory.

Also, regrettably, I'm not gonna be able to post much tonight. Unfun things are diverting my attention. I'll post more things on the morrow!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-07 at 10:43 PM.