New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    C'nor: I wasn't planning on letting Kirlia go crazy. She wouldn't find it a fair fight at all! Which would end up with it not being fun whatsoever.
    Even when she's not going crazy, someone who only has twice human capabilities* and no weird powers probably isn't going to be that much of a challenge, are they?

*(Er... Maybe four times, which would make it a bit fairer. I did specify twice human when she was half-dead from starvation, though I'd not meant for her to be more than that.)

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Speaking of this tournament, is it still taking people? I'd meant to throw someone at it back when it first started (and expressed interest when Harnel asked about it before starting it), but a bunch of RL stuff came up then and I never got the chance to.
    You can still throw in chars. Harnel is just starting it to have the thing rolling. As menioned in a past post: Other people who wants to be part in thsi can join later.
    I think this counts until round 1 is done.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #963
    Pixie in the Playground

Han Solo Riv fired first!

*Phew.* I'm very happy that Day will pull through! I'm looking forward to interacting with that char more if the opportunity arises sometime in the future!

Yeah, we can certainly continue the scene with Toy and Despair, C'nor! I think you were next in the turn order. If I recall the last post correctly, Toy was basically just about ready to worship Despair if it'd make her stronger.

We can start the scene with Trium and Spec whenever you have time too!

And yes. Harnel's tourney is accepting late character registration, as I understand it. And most of the registered combatants don't approach the power level of Super Saiyans, from what I've gathered!

On to the slightly vexing topic of this fine morning!

As BR stated, Harnel the player hasn't been able to post for some time now. He hasn't had a chance to address this situation. Please give him a chance to address this situation before withdrawing on the grounds that the little girl's registration has been approved. It might not have been. Or it might have been approved with conditions. Harnel the character hasn't concluded the opening ceremony where such items would be taken care of so we can't determine what will happen at this point in time.

Gone walking! Be back soon!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-20 at 02:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed it is my turn to post for them; I just wanted to make sure that you were still up for posting there, since it's been so long. I'll try to get a post up there soonish.

And I can probably post for them now, if you're willing to start them off, since I'm not sure what they'd be doing.

5. - Top - End - #965

*pokes Beans and C'nor to Nest*
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

6. - Top - End - #966
    Orc in the Playground

Zefir, I think (but I'm not positive) that it's your turn to post for the Sitar's Strings kobold arson mission.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #967

No, my last post was THIS.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing as that nothing was said IC for the people coming into the tournament, it doesn't quite matter if he has a plan. Due to Kirlia being Kirlia, and the fact that currently Kirlia has no knowledge of this plan either, it doesn't quite matter.
    In fact, I'm rather surprised that none of the other people in the tournament are having any reaction towards a nine year old girl lining up with them while drawing knives.
    Consider this:
    Had I had known that the tiefling girl was 9 from the beginning, as soon as Kirlia went in and saw that the girl was being allowed in she would have left immediately.
    I will not further delay her leaving because it just wouldn't be quite IC for her to do so.
    Not to mention that Harnel did indeed post for the tournament after the fact was revealed that the tiefling girl was 9. I for one wonder of Harnel was going to do something about it, why wasn't it done then?
    And yes, the girl is still welcome to find Kirlia at WATCH. Kirlia does indeed need to talk to her and also Remnant. She can't exactly leave such a young girl in an abusive family environment.
    To be fair, there's already been a big discussion about this whole issue in OOC, no one was even really aware of her age until it was brought up twice here, no doubt because of skimming (something we're all guilty of), and if Harnel's been as busy as I think he's been, he probably just up and missed it. (The OOC taking place after his disappearance for intermission.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

It doesn't help that English is ambiguous enough that "the tiefling girl" can mean any female from age 2 to 42.

Stupid English.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

*ponks Fuffle to Home*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

*Pokes Beans to the DFI*

12. - Top - End - #972
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey folks! For Halloween, I decided to do something a bit special, or perhaps a bit not. At the very least, it'll shake things up a bit.

So as per this post an unknown character has announced their intent to host a Halloween part in MaGLoG (with Magtok the player's blessing, as well as Zeb's blessing for necromancing the thread.)

Anyone can arrive, but for thematic reasons no one will be allowed in unless they're in full costume. If it pleases the players to refer to their characters as who they're dressed as (if Ilpholin dressed up as Mr. Squiggles, for example) then they can do so, but that part won't be required. Generic costumes are accepted as well as dressing up as specific Nexus personalities, if players are okay with other people borrowing their character's identities for a single party.

Let's just hope that not everyone arrives as a Magclone this time.

Let me know what you guys think, who all is interested, and I'll see about getting an intro post to the party up sometime soon. I'll probably start things officially a week before Halloween on the 24th, so that everyone has time to think and talk here a bit.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Does it count if you look like a different person to everyone who sees you? Because I have a goddess with a relevant power, if so.

And Karyana will probably be attending as well, possibly with some of Beans's characters, if she can talk them into it.

14. - Top - End - #974

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Does it count if you look like a different person to everyone who sees you? Because I have a goddess with a relevant power, if so.

And Karyana will probably be attending as well, possibly with some of Beans's characters, if she can talk them into it.
    The spirit of the thing is "costume party" not "metamorphosis party." People are expected to dress up at least a little, unless you morph long flowing locks and show up as Lady Godiva.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #975

*Pokes Earl of Purple to GLoG Infirmary*

Also, the rainbowpuppy is confused as to why his mistress and her friends no longer seem worried about the fact that he split into two and had a fight with his dark duplicate.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Infirmary

"Thank you Your Holiness, but coins aren't important to me at the moment. Is there a chest, with a keyhole and no key? Or at least, a hidden key?" He doesn't know that Yuki has already opened it.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Infirmary

Yuki smiles and nods to Lume glad to see someone is taking care of the sea elf. She turns back to the child with a small frown when she is called Holiness, it just doesn't feel right to her.

"The chest is safe. The key and contents of the chest are all safe. I'm sure someone could bring it here if you want."

No one knows that she had yet she locked it all up after looking through it briefly, hiding the key away again.
    I believe these are the last two infirmary posts, Dimonite. I can't find a post from you since before these two in the old thread.

17. - Top - End - #977

I believe these are the last two infirmary posts, Dimonite. I can't find a post from you since before these two in the old thread.
    True, but Lume has no reason to say anything at this point. As far as he's concerned, he's just a nurse who is standing ready to answer any questions he can while the patient and his visitor converse.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I didn't know that. I always try to wait for everybody to post between my posts.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Peluda bite.

Also, I've editted a response for the Infirmary into my last post at GLoG.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Firbolg in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Peluda bite.
    Would it bother with biting?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

Let me know what you guys think, who all is interested, and I'll see about getting an intro post to the party up sometime soon. I'll probably start things officially a week before Halloween on the 24th, so that everyone has time to think and talk here a bit.
    Yeah, I'm in. Does it have to be a Nexus related costume, or can it be another character? Cause Krystal is actually from the Marvel universe, so she could pick anybody there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #982

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Yeah, I'm in. Does it have to be a Nexus related costume, or can it be another character? Cause Krystal is actually from the Marvel universe, so she could pick anybody there.
    Anything from any reality. Like I said, the only in character limitation is "be in costume."

23. - Top - End - #983

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Hey folks! For Halloween, I decided to do something a bit special, or perhaps a bit not. At the very least, it'll shake things up a bit.

So as per this post an unknown character has announced their intent to host a Halloween part in MaGLoG (with Magtok the player's blessing, as well as Zeb's blessing for necromancing the thread.)

Anyone can arrive, but for thematic reasons no one will be allowed in unless they're in full costume. If it pleases the players to refer to their characters as who they're dressed as (if Ilpholin dressed up as Mr. Squiggles, for example) then they can do so, but that part won't be required. Generic costumes are accepted as well as dressing up as specific Nexus personalities, if players are okay with other people borrowing their character's identities for a single party.

Let's just hope that not everyone arrives as a Magclone this time.

It's a nice idea , I'm in.

*pokes Wolf to GloG* (Attention Post is in the old thread)

*poked Mind to Mithar Keep*

So anyone having a char to discuss personal problems with a giant stone scorpion?... I know just imagine it feels strange.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

H'ween costume party at GLOG? Sounds majorly crispy.
    Like, duuuuuude that's crispy crispy.
    Which is a positive thing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

So yeah, on the subject of the tiefling girl

Dark Elf Bard, I'd appreciate you asking me the next time you do something that can cause issues with the way things are happening in a plot of mine. It's disruptive and, like mindfreak said, several combatants likely would have up and left if that had been something they had to deal with.

This is something that needs to apply for all for all plots in general. if you don't know that it's ok, talk to the person running the plot, and see if you can't come to a compromise.

Reinholdt is right; between my crappy internet and my new job I've been extremely busy and wasn't able to read the plots thread in detail, so I missed the fact that she was a child (for the most part at least. I thought she was something like 14 or 15, a reasonable age. Her age has only been stated something like twice. Hell, I don't even know her name.)

So I've worked out something to deal with it, but I'd appreciate it if I don't have to do something like that in the future. It's no fun for anybody and causes a lot of OOC drama.

On a slightly more positive note, I'd like to remind everybody that the TVs in the waiting room of the arena have televised video of the fights in progress. That means that, despite the poor position to watch the combat from, you can still get a sense for how your opponents are capable of fighting.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-22 at 08:49 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #986

Got Black 2 today.
    I'll be gone for all today.
    Sorry >>
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #987

Sorry, Harnel. I assumed that a school-tournament would be open to all ages.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

28. - Top - End - #988

*Pokes DEB to Outside*
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #989

Link me to your last post?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Cabin in the Woods

Yuh-huh, that's where I got the name. Looking around for a chair or something, Daedalus takes a seat on whatever's available. So, when do we start with the SCIENCE? He asks, steepling his fingers together in villainous mastermind fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Cabin in the Woods

Ren shakes Day's hand, then looks for a seat himself, taking one close to the proton pack.

"Well, we could start by sharing what we know about the spiritual world, but that's up to our host."

Ren reaches over and picks up his PKE meter, to get ready for the discussion.
    Here ya go.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.