New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Tlahuelpuchi bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Did I mention I was going to be out tomorrow night for a while?
    Because if I did at all, that's no longer true.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Not that I can think of, no.
    Limbo it is, then. (Should they run into each other later for some reason, is what happened on-screen assumed to have occurred, or are we retconning it out of existence?)

@Slii:

How sane and/or work-safe do costumes have to be? I was thinking of having Talia show up as Alynaia/The Weeping Girl/Lady Pain, which means she'd be showing up looking like this...

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

@C'nor: So long as flesh is actually covered in the important areas and it's not what the character normally wears, I'm not imposing limitations. Characters who show up are expected to have an answer to "What are you dressed as" but Lady Pain is as good an answer as any.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Flesh is covered in the important areas, yes. And thorns (even fake ones, though these are real, and stabbing her) are certainly not what Talia normally wears.

@Kerfuffle:

Do you want Talia and Ivaz to arrive together, have made plans to meet there, or run into each other at the party? I'm fine with any of those, but knowing which would be good before I post.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Flesh is covered in the important areas, yes. And thorns (even fake ones, though these are real, and stabbing her) are certainly not what Talia normally wears.

@Kerfuffle:

Do you want Talia and Ivaz to arrive together, have made plans to meet there, or run into each other at the party? I'm fine with any of those, but knowing which would be good before I post.
    Well, Ivaz isn't too much of a planner...

But, agreeing to meet there sounds good to me.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Well, Ivaz isn't too much of a planner...

But, agreeing to meet there sounds good to me.
    Sounds like a plan, then. How much contact have they had, most likely?

8. - Top - End - #1058

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Sounds like a plan, then. How much contact have they had, most likely?
    Well, I know it wouldn't be too long until Ivaz either A) tries to get into Talia's pants, B) tries to kill her somehow, or C) completely forgets about her.

So, I guess that's up to you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I know it wouldn't be too long until Ivaz either A) tries to get into Talia's pants, B) tries to kill her somehow, or C) completely forgets about her.

So, I guess that's up to you.
    Well, she'd find A easy enough, since Talia would be fine with that, whether it ended up as a one-time thing or something more regular (and, in the latter case, whether Ivaz preferred monogamy or something more open, as well as if it was just something fun that they were doing as friends or they got closer than that emotionally).

So I suppose it's mostly up to you again?

10. - Top - End - #1060

Well, odds are in favor of Ivaz not getting emotionally attached to Talia. In any way. Her mind just doesn't work like that.

But...eh, I'd say they've gotten together a few times since their initial meeting. Nothing that could be called long-term yet.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Talia may or may not be getting attached to Ivaz, then. Depends on how well - or if - Ivaz acts like she is, and if, in the case that it's fairly clear, she explained that she doesn't get attached to anyone, or if Talia would think that it's just her.

In any case, though, Talia is fine with that, so she'll be waiting just up the street from the party.

12. - Top - End - #1062

Ivaz probably wouldn't act like she is. Unless she thinks she can gain something from it. We might have to work that one out more in character.

And I was kinda of planning on having Ivaz kick the door open when she entered. But, I guess she can still do that after she meets Talia outside. I'll just save the costume description for when said door kicking happens.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

That'll probably work best, yes. Hard to tell reactions to things like that without actually having the specific words and actions that make up the context they occurred in.

14. - Top - End - #1064

Actually, the doors had been wide open since the opening post, so door-kicking was rather unnecessary.

Going to sleep now folks, I'll post for everyone who shows up at the party once I wake up. Aloha.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes FF to HALO*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Utukku bite.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, given Ivaz showing up, maybe I should toss Amist at the costrume party.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Reading back over your old writings is kind of weird. For me it's usually a matter of "THIS WAS SO TERRIBLE AUAERUJAWEJUWEO$EW)($#)" but there is one I can get a little nostalgic for: the creation myth that
    a) I tried to make sound a little flowery and archaic, as if some old monk dude had written it down with lots of gold leaf on the big letters
    and
    b) involved Quinsar inventing arcane magic by hitting on four or five goddesses and chilling with Tobias.
    After that, however, it was all sort of downhill as the bucket got too full of rocks and my arms got tired of lugging it around.

Anyone else have a particular piece of writing of theirs they feel pretty good about?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1069

No, I look over my old stuff and I just feel this vague sense of disgust. Of course, I get that when looking at my current stuff too, so maybe I just don't think highly of myself.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, artist vision. That lovely little thing where if you were to look back at what you wrote yesterday, you will suddenly find all the little errors.

Or just come to the conclusion that you're not very good at this, if there aren't any more little errors. As long as it drives you to try harder...

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Hmm, given Ivaz showing up, maybe I should toss Amist at the costrume party.
    That's fine. And yes, my current avatar is Ivaz's costume.

I'll be making one for Krystal and Alysha as well.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #1072

I must apologize. I won't be around today.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #1073

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: This is a depressing post.

*is sad today*

I don't have anything to do. I just have too much free time. Someone else is playing the piano, so I can't play it. I just had a concert yesterday, so I don't have any viola music. The metal shop's closed, so I can't build anything. I don't own a sword, so I can't practice swordplay. Today's Saturday, so I don't have school. I already have my costume for Halloween picked out, so I can't pick out a new one. It's too cold out to lie on the ground and stare up at the sky, but the snow just finished melting this morning, so I can't lie in the snow. I've already registered for winter classes, so I can't plan that out. The people with whom I'm roleplaying are not online. I can't write a book, 'cause I left the working copy on another computer. I lost my harmonica. I left my soccer ball at my parent's house. I only own T-shirts, so if I went hiking, I would probably freeze to death. [/hyperbole] There's currently no need for me to build prosthetic prototypes of legs, because we've already finished those and they're not done testing them yet. My roommate doesn't speak Portuguese, so life's boring. The CAD Jetpack competition has just ended.

I've spent the last couple of hours walking around, trying to find something to do, and there's not anything to do.

Should I make a new character here in Nexus? No, I already have enough. Should I pick up a neglected character? Then do what after that?

Anyone else hate it when they have too much time and not enough to do?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Orc in the Playground

If you want, Mahonri, I'll be willing to start up a dungeon for a character of yours. I'm always willing to DM a dungeon crawl for anybody who's bored. It's even in my signature.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Really?

Thanks!

Okay. So...character first:
    A human who is really a dragon, but just looks like a human. Named Alvilda Blood de _______ Victory, who took up piracy when her husband was burned to death as a spy. Before that, she was a poet and played the mandola.

And now, the setting. Do you want to come up with that one, or me?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-10-27 at 03:30 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Orc in the Playground

Have them wander around Outside, and I'll handle the dungeon. It might not be a castle; I've had a thought bouncing around in my head for a while.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: This is a depressing post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Anyone else hate it when they have too much time and not enough to do?
    A-yup. I know the feeling all too well.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

That's fine. And yes, my current avatar is Ivaz's costume.
    I guessed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Vilkacis bite.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-10-27 at 07:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1080

I can't stop laughing at the moment.

I'm watching Kung Fu Hustle for the first time.

It's so ridiculous!

I love it!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS