New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

I'm sorry, C'nor.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Accusing someone of godmodding in a scene that isn't even going to happen for days or weeks (depending on how long the tournament takes) is a little premature.

Ranting about interactions that occurred months ago is a bit delayed.

Trying to OOC argue over what IC choices someone else's PC should make is absurd.

How about letting the past stay in the past, and letting future scenes play out as they will?

In the meantime, here is a dog in a Halloween costume:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Woodwose bite. If you do, I don't think it's too dangerous; he's not poisonous, or massive.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hey look, everyone! It's the Creepy Eyed Squirrel!

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally the attention Creepy Eyed Squirrel deser... OHLOLTHTHAT'SCREEPYSOMEONEKILLIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I would actually prefer to keep the retcons, if only because undoing them is going to set off a never-ending cycle of every single person on the forum being extremely unpleasant to every single other person.
    Fair enough, I suppose.

Though I would like it if we could figure out a way to actually get posts for them again, since interactions with Aephiti never really took off, and those with Aseti died after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    I'm sorry, C'nor.
    Apology accepted.

Since Megan seems to have basically fallen by the wayside, and Beans's objection to unretconning that whole thing seems to be primarily that it would cause future OOC unpleasantness, what are your thoughts on the matter?

@HT:

I was saying that it was godmodding my character to handwave that that would occur, yes. I fail to see how it was premature to object now, especially as with handwaving, scenes in future times often occur simultaneously with those going on before them. And there's also the fact that had I not complained now, it would have been pointed out that I had made no objections when it was brought up if I did at the end of the tournament.

And the only reason I brought up the stuff that happened months ago was because MF was complaining about it being unfair for Blank to agree to stay with Naera after having already agreed to stay with Kirlia, so I was pointing out that he'd done much the same, but to a greater degree, in the past.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-28 at 08:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Having somebody else's character show up to meet another somebody else's character is not godmodding your character no matter what your character's plans were with that other somebody else's character.

Now, I do know how frustrating it is to have your character planning something with somebody else's character and suddenly without warning the other person completely pulls the rug out from under those plans without saying a word to you first. It's courteous to disuss those changes with you first. But it is not "godmodding" when they don't.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-10-28 at 08:29 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1117

C'nor, I haven't been playing Megan with Aseti because that means RP would pretty much happen in the forest. Considering that last time I was RPing in there we didn't end on a good note, so I didn't want to agitate you or anything by popping up in there. So I've just been thinking about how to handle the wedding, and I've been talking to Beans about it .
    So my ideas on the matter are this:
    No.
    Megan and Aseti are getting married. That's a thing. It's been a long time coming, as I did plan on Megan proposing to Aseti before I found out about things that made me request a retconn, and I'm not going to not end up doing it because you suddenly decided to rant about the retconn months after it happened.

Further more, it wasn't even slightly okay for you to have posted all of that. The Megan thing and this thing are no way connected at all and your post was just mean. They aren't even on the same level.

EDIT:
    So please, don't bring up the retconn again. There isn't a situation that makes it necessary to do so whatsoever and there's too much drama attatched to it. Just let sleeping dogs lie.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-10-28 at 08:50 PM.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes BR to HALO when he has the time*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Having somebody else's character show up to meet another somebody else's character is not godmodding your character no matter what your character's plans were with that other somebody else's character.

Now, I do know how frustrating it is to have your character planning something with somebody else's character and suddenly without warning the other person completely pulls the rug out from under those plans without saying a word to you first. It's courteous to disuss those changes with you first. But it is not "godmodding" when they don't.
    The objection was not to someone pulling the rug out from under my plans for Naera.

It was to the fact that Naera was almost certainly going to be present when Kirlia showed up, with her point of view not being at all a foregone conclusion. Assuming that my character would not have objected in some fashion, would not have been present in time to participate in the scene, or would be there but get persuaded if she did object. Those things may or may not end up being true IC, yes, but assuming them to be without consulting me is godmodding.

Does that make more sense?

C'nor, I haven't been playing Megan with Aseti because that means RP would pretty much happen in the forest. Considering that last time I was RPing in there we didn't end on a good note, so I didn't want to agitate you or anything by popping up in there. So I've just been thinking about how to handle the wedding, and I've been talking to Beans about it .
    So my ideas on the matter are this:
    No.
    Megan and Aseti are getting married. That's a thing. It's been a long time coming, as I did plan on Megan proposing to Aseti before I found out about things that made me request a retconn, and I'm not going to not end up doing it because you suddenly decided to rant about the retconn months after it happened.

Further more, it wasn't even slightly okay for you to have posted all of that. The Megan thing and this thing are no way connected at all and your post was just mean. They aren't even on the same level.

EDIT:
    So please, don't bring up the retconn again. There isn't a situation that makes it necessary to do so whatsoever and there's too much drama attatched to it. Just let sleeping dogs lie.
    Ah. I wish you'd PMed me about that, then, or something, since I wouldn't have had any real objections to you RPing in the Forest.

That said, in my last post, my question was based on what information I had, and, so far as I could tell, was quite polite (unlike the post prior to that, yes, but I'm not addressing that at the moment). I wasn't, in that post, insisting we reverse the retcon, I was simply asking for your feedback to ensure that the objections to doing so weren't based on an inaccurate impression of your feelings on the matter. So why is it you felt the need to post all this in response to that post, when your response to my earlier one was simply to apologize?

As for why I posted that, yes, they are related. Not directly, no, but you were objecting to someone having made an agreement with one of my characters that was contradictory to one that they'd made with one of yours.

Did I do so in a rather abrasive way? Certainly. But I do object to the double standard inherent in what you were saying, and bringing that up was necessary to show that there was one.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-28 at 09:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1120

C'nor, I have stayed silent because I agree with Beans' statement that (I'm paraphrasing, but) things should not be allowed to devolve into a state that ends with everyone being horrible to each other constantly, but I just noticed something that put me off in your sig.

Specifically, it's the post you quoted outside the spoiler tag. The one that was scrubbed in the original thread it was in. While it may have been scrubbed in context, it obviously meant something to you to include it in your sig, and it's a nice general thought to live by.

But it works the other way as well. If making people feel bad about themselves is wrong, then I don't want to be wrong. Keeping this conversation going on past where it's making people angry and hurt serves no purpose, and I'd like to ask you to drop it for everyone's sake. It doesn't matter who's right, or who can call the other a hypocrite the most times, what I'm asking for is a bit of harmony and common decency on behalf of a nice thought to live by. It goes for Mindfreak and the other participants too, incidental or not. If they were the last to speak before I'd started typing this post, I would have addressed them specifically instead. This time, it just happens to fall on you.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

I had meant to work towards resolving this peacefully in the post before last. Unfortunately, it didn't work; I don't know if that was because I said something unclearly, someone took what I was saying to mean something I didn't intend because of the inherent nature of text as a medium of communication, a clarification of why I said something in the first place was taken to be repeating that argument as an argument, or something else.

That said, I do admit that I could, and probably should, have phrased my objection three posts back more diplomatically, and I apologize for going off like that. I've been dealing with a lot of stuff recently, which probably contributed, but still.

Also, Mindfreak, considering our OOC issues, how do you want to handle things with Tirin and Elena?

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I decided not to participate in this sort of thing last month due to a rather reasonable assumption that I would end up posting here instead of doing various homework. Now that I've gotten my act together (or at least tried), I've got time again.
    Any plots at a decent spot for a total newby to jump in to? I admit I'm a little lost on all fronts here. Topics, topics, everywhere, but not a thing to post.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    So, I decided not to participate in this sort of thing last month due to a rather reasonable assumption that I would end up posting here instead of doing various homework. Now that I've gotten my act together (or at least tried), I've got time again.
    Any plots at a decent spot for a total newby to jump in to? I admit I'm a little lost on all fronts here. Topics, topics, everywhere, but not a thing to post.
    Plots are normaly rare. The best things to go are:
    - Appear at Trog's having some RP there or maybe Random encounter.
    - Appear on another location like Inside.
    - Appear in front of one of the Acros (AMEN WATCHTOWER etc.) where you want to have your char join.
    - There is a Halloweenparty at MAGLOG. Everyone can join, but you need a costume.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    There's The Blood Pits, but that's not a plot I'd recommend using to introduce a new character that you have any attachment to.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

BoO, Zefir, speaking of the Blood Pits, those three I just dropped in the arena are throwaways at the moment. I know Ssej and Jacques have been around for a while, so that's not a problem, is it?

16. - Top - End - #1126

The thing is the three of you seem to work together. Even if they are throw aways I can't throw my char against them. I would either loose without a chance cause it is 3v1 or I overrate my abilities to match a 3v1.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    BoO, Zefir, speaking of the Blood Pits, those three I just dropped in the arena are throwaways at the moment. I know Ssej and Jacques have been around for a while, so that's not a problem, is it?
    Eh, Jacques is a pretty effective fighter, so I'm not too worried about him. Even if he did die, it's not like he's my favorite character, or anything. Heck, I barely use him. And every plot he's been in has died, so there's no real investment there.

Still going to wait for a third party member, though. Jacques is good, but those guys look like they're either Cyberpunk or magical, which tend to have an edge over a mundane (if badass; about on par with Boris though with a different combat focus) human soldier.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-29 at 03:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The thing is the three of you seem to work together. Even if they are throw aways I can't throw my char against them. I would either loose without a chance cause it is 3v1 or I overrate my abilities to match a 3v1.
    Indeed; those three are tough. You're definitely going to want a third team member. I was more worried about making sure that if they died, no-one was going to have a problem with a throwaway having killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Eh, Jacques is a pretty effective fighter, so I'm not too worried about him. Even if he did die, it's not like he's my favorite character, or anything. Heck, I barely use him. And every plot he's been in has died, so there's no real investment there.

Still going to wait for a third party member, though. Jacques is good, but those guys look like they're either Cyberpunk or magical, which tend to have an edge over a mundane (if badass; about on par with Boris though with a different combat focus) human soldier.
    They're a mix of both, really. And yes, they definitely have an edge.

Related to which, with the first one of their species I made, I forgot she was half-starved and had been chained up for a year when I described her capabilities, so she had twice human speed and strength, and that's fairly unretconable due to a not-insignificant portion of the plot she was in relying on that.

While six times or so human abilities seems like it would be obnoxious for anyone who had to fight them, this does imply that these three are going to be considerably better than she is, since they're professional mercenaries and in pretty much peak condition. Any advice on how to scale them?

19. - Top - End - #1129

You know I could also wait for the leader of the tournament to tell them they have to fight each other. But let's first wait for a third person.

*pokes Mindfreak to Mithar Keep*
    *pokes Wolf to GloG* (Not sure, maybe the scene is over for you, just tell me)

Still I seek someone to talk to the giant stone scorpion, please anyone...

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Also, Mindfreak, considering our OOC issues, how do you want to handle things with Tirin and Elena?
    Really not a good time at all to be asking me that, C'nor. Try asking me later.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

So, here's the roster for Harnel's tournament, as it stands

Lucy Vs. Jacob

Rogar Vs. Thelonius

Azurelle Vs. Kirlia

Cimorene Vs. Eon

Ghoul Vs. Boris

Spec Vs. Blank

Naera

At the moment, This means there's one person currently left out due to lack of people. If someone wants to step up and take part in round one to give Naera an opponent, I'd appreciate it; otherwise, she progresses by default, which isn't cool. I imagine she'd feel lucky, but that's not the point of the tournament.

Anyways, because I have the roster up now, feel free to start your fights against the person you've been set against; just make sure to list who's fighting who in your location tag.

Dark Elf Bard, Before you and Alexandrian start your combat, I'd like to have a scene between Harnel and Blank; he'll have pulled her off to the side to discuss her participation in the tourney. This can either happen through PMs or in the thread, at your choice.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll step up. Just give me a few hours because I have class and lunch and such. Assuming the SuperStormTM doesn't annihilate New England first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

It's appreciated. Send someone whenever you can.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #1134

@C'nor & Mindfreak: By "handwave" I meant that Kirlia had already said she was going to pick Blank up.

In no way was I trying to leave Naera out of the equation.

@Harnel: I suppose let's have it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Really not a good time at all to be asking me that, C'nor. Try asking me later.
    Fair enough. That's just when I happened to think of it. Would you prefer that I ask you here or in a PM when I do?

26. - Top - End - #1136

Harnel? Just so's ya know, The Alexandrian has been inactive for quite some time now. I'm sure he'll be back, but it might not be wise to leave someone waiting on him in the tournament.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    So, here's the roster for Harnel's tournament, as it stands

Lucy Vs. Jacob

Rogar Vs. Thelonius

Azurelle Vs. Kirlia

Cimorene Vs. Eon

Ghoul Vs. Boris

Spec Vs. Blank

Naera
    Er... You know Kirlia left, right?

28. - Top - End - #1138

Is there a character sheet for Spec I could look at?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

*totally random Aegis Vault poke*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Ah, shoot. Is it my turn to post for that?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.