New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Alright, I'm finished with my character, here he is.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post14236977

He's a wandering traveler, trying to uncover his past and finding a purpose to his life. Does anyone have a plot for him to join?

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I have an idea. A wonderful, awful idea.

Adventure Scouts!

Much like every crummy excuse for a camp ever spat from the deepest depths of Baator, Adventure Scouts exists to teach children the wonders of air-control and lice-free beds, by dragging them into a godforsaken elbow of the woods with no such luxuries and letting the giant death mosquitoes toughen 'em up!

Unlike a normal camp however, Adventure Scouts will also teach them the unique skills needed to survive in the Nexus, including, but not limited to;

• Wilderness Survival- Which plants you can eat and which ones will eat you!
    • Basic Spellcasting- Or, how cantrips can improve your life.
    • Monstrous Zoology- How cure giant spider venom, tame mudcrabs and stay the hell away from dragons.
    • Dealing with the Supernatural- Banish vengeful spirits in twelve easy steps.

And so on. Basically, Cub/Eagle/Lion Scouts but for Junior Adventurers! Or people who just don't wanna get nommed to pieces by wandering monsters. For the most part camp will be focused on useful knowledge and survival skills instead of combat, like it's RL counterpart, only much, much cooler.

TL:DR- Cub Scouts, Nexus edition/Kinda-sorta-somewhat-plot-ish location for children PCs.

Anyone interested?
    I like this a lot.

May I throw in a psychic kid I've been meaning to get off the ground?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    As a RL Eagle Scout, I am very much interested in that idea, TE.
    I'll age up Hadrian enough to join and if you need an adult leader to help teach, I could provide one.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    I like this a lot.

May I throw in a psychic kid I've been meaning to get off the ground?
    Sure thing, both of you. This is gonna be an open plot so anybody should feel free to throw in a character.

And anybody who's willing to throw in a character to be one of the camp counselors will have my eternal gratitude.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    I thought that there was already a school like environment in the Nexus?
    It died, alas.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

And anybody who's willing to throw in a character to be one of the camp counselors will have my eternal gratitude.
    Would a nineteen year old daemon/vampire work? Tirya could probably use a job, since being a paladin doesn't tend to pay all that well...

*Pokes BR to post in their Fae QT*

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Dwarf in the Playground

*pokes TE to Outside

I don't think kids would be a description for any of my characters but the guidance counselor thing sounds just might work for some. Can you give out a few jobs that the various counselors can pick?
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #1417

Sure thing, both of you. This is gonna be an open plot so anybody should feel free to throw in a character.

Well now I want to also use my apprentice mage as a Junior counselor...

Aaaaand I feel like I'm asking to much. I'll see how it starts first.

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

I might throw in my somewhat naive android in with the kids as one of the happy campers.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

I'll post as soon as I can, C'nor - my Internet is going all dropaholic tonight.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright.

11. - Top - End - #1421

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Would a nineteen year old daemon/vampire work? Tirya could probably use a job, since being a paladin doesn't tend to pay all that well...
    Sounds good. As long as she doesn't mind that the camp will be teaching kids how to ward against vampires.

*pokes TE to Outside

I don't think kids would be a description for any of my characters but the guidance counselor thing sounds just might work for some. Can you give out a few jobs that the various counselors can pick?
    I hadn't really hammered out specific parts. I've got a few ideas, but it really depends on who's joining in. So.... Post which characters you think would be suitable as counselors and what relevant skills they've got?

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Well now I want to also use my apprentice mage as a Junior counselor...

Aaaaand I feel like I'm asking to much. I'll see how it starts first.
    Nice thing about this is, it lends itself to an episodic nature. If it works and everyone has fun we can expand it to be a regular thing, at least until interest wanes. So maybe next time, assuming there is one, you could play a counselor instead of a camper.

12. - Top - End - #1422

Can I play Bill Murray from Meatballs?
    Hmm... I think I could dust off Catherine and have her be a counselor. She's your typical Ranger class, so knows all sorts of outdoors skills. Tracking animals, wilderness survival, first aid, knots/pioneering, orienteering, etc.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Dwarf in the Playground

I used to have a character in AMEN who's name starts with a D. Anyway since I forgot his name I'll just give him a new one since all my characters are getting a reboot. His skills include shapeshifting, there is no limit to what he can shapeshift into except that he has to eat what he's going to mimic first then he can use it anytime. So with him he can teach campers how to co-op. Co-op is important whenever you're trying kill the 50 ft whatever or a strong enemy. What else? He's also good at the cloak and dagger thing.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good. As long as she doesn't mind that the camp will be teaching kids how to ward against vampires.
    That'd be 'Dealing with the Supernatural', right? She'd probably be the one teaching them, if so, unless I'm drastically misunderstanding things.

Though she'd also be teaching that not all ghosts need banishing, vampires aren't all evil, etc., and how to tell the difference, as well as the methods by which you can free those spirits bound by unscrupulous mages, in addition to the protections to use and how to get rid of them.

15. - Top - End - #1425

Nice thing about this is, it lends itself to an episodic nature. If it works and everyone has fun we can expand it to be a regular thing, at least until interest wanes. So maybe next time, assuming there is one, you could play a counselor instead of a camper.
    I didn't think of it that way. Here's hoping for continual success.

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #1426

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Can I play Bill Murray from Meatballs?
    Hmm... I think I could dust off Catherine and have her be a counselor. She's your typical Ranger class, so knows all sorts of outdoors skills. Tracking animals, wilderness survival, first aid, knots/pioneering, orienteering, etc.
    Well, if you're gonna go stealing my character ideas.

In all seriousness, Catherine sounds about perfect. I'll PM you sometimes tomorrow to hammer out the little details.

I used to have a character in AMEN who's name starts with a D. Anyway since I forgot his name I'll just give him a new one since all my characters are getting a reboot. His skills include shapeshifting, there is no limit to what he can shapeshift into except that he has to eat what he's going to mimic first then he can use it anytime. So with him he can teach campers how to co-op. Co-op is important whenever you're trying kill the 50 ft whatever or a strong enemy. What else? He's also good at the cloak and dagger thing.
    Hmm... Thing is, this isn't really supposed to be a combat dealio. There might be some basic sword drills with straw dummies. At most a mock battle with a carefully trained creature. Fifty foot whatevers just aren't on the bill.

That and the AMENite thing. A villain with decent PR like Magtok might be asked to do a speech or two, but there's little chance of them letting someone self-confessedly malicious, evil and nefarious be a counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    That'd be 'Dealing with the Supernatural', right? She'd probably be the one teaching them, if so, unless I'm drastically misunderstanding things.

Though she'd also be teaching that not all ghosts need banishing, vampires aren't all evil, etc., and how to tell the difference, as well as the methods by which you can free those spirits bound by unscrupulous mages, in addition to the protections to use and how to get rid of them.
    Sounds good by me, I'll be sending a PM your way as well.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

again *pokes TE to Outside.

Like I said I'm giving them reboots meaning its a fresh new start. Meaning that character, if needed, can start out not evil. As for the other thing, I think my character can still handle carefully trained beast for mock battle. He can shapeshift into average beasts and creatures as well if needed. Also I think I can have my character take care of the monsters to be trained in camp. So I guess I can try out as a Beastmaster kind of teacher?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #1428

Sorry to anyone who's waiting for a post from me. I'm going to get to posting later, I just need to sleep for a long time >> The past couple days have left me completely exhausted, and I need some rest and relaxation. X.X
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Damian .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Tell DC and Wenomir."
    :c

(tag added)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

KR is scary... ._.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

*Pokes Beans to the Forest*

23. - Top - End - #1433

So, would anyone else be interested in participating in the Nexus Scouts?

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight & don't let the Isonade bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1435

*Pokes ThirdEmperor to Cave of Being*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Pokes TE to Outside, you know King's Blood Field?
    Right his name was Damian, kinda sad that I can't remember my own character's name while another can.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #1437

I'm waiting on Rotting Baron to post, as it's generally considered good manners to give everyone a chane to reply.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

So, I had an idea for a plot. It would take place in Underside - an expedition into the depths to find a vein of valuable resource. The goblin merchant would hire NO to help. Is anyone with a character there interested?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry, I didn't know Rotting Baron posted until you and firefox notified me just now. I must have missed it, I blame my eyesight.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #1440

*pokes MagTok to Inside Kibin Street* Last relevant post

*pokes Morty to Riverside HRC* See Here

*pokes Beans to Trog's* Here and HERE
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK