New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    So, I should go put a Wall post up, then?
    Please do.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

I (finally) posted for the mana gathering project in outside by the way.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    *snip*
    The number one thing I want to make clear in all of this is that it will take a lot for Ilpholin to ever just kick someone out. Even if she's throwing a hissy fit over something, even if it does fit her Queendom goals, that just doesn't make it fun for anyone and it's not something I want to start doing. Now granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but they will be rare.

You're right about the cloning tanks of course, though I personally try not to abuse them in such a manner which is why I didn't think about them when making my posts.

Cyan, in my understanding, is an exception rather than the rule when it comes to the coloured henchmen.

Since there seemed to be heavy misunderstanding of the tone of the conversation (when yelling I use exclamation points and larger text, the never was just heavy emphasis) and characters were reacting differently because of it, perhaps we need to change things? I'd also rather not destroy a character concept if I can help it, which I realize now is something I might have done. That doesn't sit well with me.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-11 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

I concur. The old cloning tanks were a little ridiculous.

So, Cyan isn't the henchpeople's poster boy? I wasn't aware. >.<

I don't mind either way. Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, bud, and I'll adjust accordingly. I might drop some text off of my second post after Roxanne gets hit, but Ilph did backhand her, insult her, and advocate blindly stumbling behind the leader, so I really don't see that changing much as is. The first post would be something along the lines of "In the future, kindly keep your hands to yourself." substituted for the never again touch me dialogue. A fight will probably break out if Ilph ignores this request and harms Roxanne again, in that Roxanne will physically retaliate.

If the line alteration won't change Ilph's response, the scene likely isn't worth rewriting and we might as well move on. You aren't destroying a character concept. I'd just have to figure out where to station her next. Even if she failed as a member of AMEN, that doesn't mean she's done. Things don't always work out, and even if she failed in that regard, I'd redesign her and move on.

I've been planning something big for awhile now, and she's a part of it, so I wouldn't stop playing her. If anything, I'd have her head to the "Sistine Chapel" once it is acquired onscreen and oversee the funding of the cultist killers I'm taking on. The prominence of the vigilante groups in Riverside motivated me to isolate five PCs I'm running, tweak them ever so slightly, and redeploy them as members of a secret society that kills cultists, among other things.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-09-11 at 09:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Either Terrowin doesn't know who wrecked the Hermitage, or he's got quite some nerve approaching Cessie like that.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Enshadu certainly growls out-loud now, stumbling blindly for "Pumpkin only", unaware that the portal exists. He'll go to run to "Pumpkin" and pincer him against the wall with the sharp black pincer. Enshadu cares nothing for the fact that an odd purple grenade is in Pumpkin's hand, nor does he pay any attention to Honey Bunny. You! You lying, sniveling, worm! I'll cut your throat and drain whatever blood you have roach. He'll try and push Magtok up the wall by his throat. He's in some kind of rage.
    Hey Noodle? Magtok and Jeanne specifically chose a table in the center of the bar - possibly the only patrons in the history of Trog's not to sit at the bar or in a Shadowy CornerTM. So there isn't really a wall nearby to try to pin "Pumpkin" to. Can I trouble you for an edit?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sure! He'll be getting there this turn.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

I've been planning something big for awhile now, and she's a part of it, so I wouldn't stop playing her. If anything, I'd have her head to the "Sistine Chapel" once it is acquired onscreen and oversee the funding of the cultist killers I'm taking on. The prominence of the vigilante groups in Riverside motivated me to isolate five PCs I'm running, tweak them ever so slightly, and redeploy them as members of a secret society that kills cultists, among other things.

Would this be my humanist cult your targeting? Or some other cult? Or any cult?

At any rate, my human supremacists are there to be enemies and to get killed, but I tend to play waaaay below the power level where you tend to play, so go easy on me! I don't want them to be wiped out too easily, and like any main boss character, I want Starling to continue to slither away from ultimate defeat until the end game.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of your humanists, would any of them have found out that Maeve shares her house/has been going to movies and such with a catgirl, who she appears to be rather close to?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

The cultist killers aren't terminating any PC cults as of yet. Unless someone wants them to go after PC cults! They're largely taking down cults that I've dreamed up and never written about before, so impact on PCs will be kept to a minimum. To some extent, that is.

I'm thinking of the clashes between the cult killers and the cultists being very public. Like as a debut, I was debating sending them into Trog's to execute a cultist hiding in the public eye, once all the commotion has settled down in that thread.

So, do you want anti-human supremacists to war with, HT? I could use this cultist killing group or another composed of alien supremacists or something like that, if you'd like.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

No. I wouldn't pull that on you without roleplaying it out, such as having them trail her back home. I sometimes have my PCs know things about other PCs that they didn't learn onscreen, but I try to limit it to fairly public information - such as Tito knowing that Reinholdt is a treasure hunter. If a character is trying to keep something secret, then I think it should be presumed secret until roleplayed otherwise.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Makes sense. Let me know if you want to at some point, then.

13. - Top - End - #133

Hey, The Alexandrian.. eh do you still want to go on with the dragon baby thing? I just ask since your here and since you seem to rollback your playing.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

I want to let the restaurant build up a bit more before I start doing villainy things with it and making it an obvious target.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough.

Also, speaking of Alexandrian, I believe it's their turn to post in the Old Hermitage?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

First of all, I'll post in CURATOR later today. I've been running the plots there weird, and now that I have free time again, and Rein's plot is nearly done (Two more rooms! Hang in there!), I'm going to see about changing things up and hopefully revive the spirit of the org! Because I won't sugar coat it. I've been a hideous dm. And I have no excuse for that. So that is my mid-year's resolution. Devote more time to FFRP and quit dragging things out for months. Three or four weeks is the new target! Probably won't work but, meh, I'm giving a go anyhow!

Also need to update the OP. Really need to update the OP.

But dragon babies?

Oh! Yeah! That thing! Right!

I thought you were going to rp the dragon? If you aren't, I could try it. I don't know much about dragons, though, so the dragon might be strange.

And as for the Dalachrechian plots...

I'll certainly post for those today probably as soon as Earl's online light is green. Problem is, I don't remember what I was doing there, so the next order of business for me when I get a spare second is to review, review, review!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

You were trying to set healing potions on fire, and had also gotten into the probably-pointless position of discussing ethics with someone who rearranges her identity and worldview to whatever keeps them alive and happy in their current situation.

18. - Top - End - #138

Well I didn't know the kind of dragon coming out neither anything more than heat it during the egg phase, so playing something I don't know what was given is hard.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! A Rick Brutaltar!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

The cultist killers aren't terminating any PC cults as of yet. Unless someone wants them to go after PC cults! They're largely taking down cults that I've dreamed up and never written about before, so impact on PCs will be kept to a minimum. To some extent, that is.

I'm thinking of the clashes between the cult killers and the cultists being very public. Like as a debut, I was debating sending them into Trog's to execute a cultist hiding in the public eye, once all the commotion has settled down in that thread.

So, do you want anti-human supremacists to war with, HT? I could use this cultist killing group or another composed of alien supremacists or something like that, if you'd like.

Oops. You ninjad me while I was answering C'nor.

Currently I'm not actively seeking antagonists for the Humanists, as they're still building up. But if people go after them, for being speciesist jerks, I'm not going to say no. I'm pretty much just making everything up as I go along.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #141

Hey, Alexandrian, couldya pretty please post in the Home thread.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey TE when do you plan to do that quest you reserved on the wall?
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

*snip*
    I was already considering changing the second post to something more along the lines of a mere 'Don't give me another reason to'. If that would suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #144

HalfOrcPirate

Folks: Out of curiosity, have there been any Sangheili (Elites from Halo) characters in the past? Just wondering if there was any kind of bloc (if that's the proper word) for Halo races, specifically the elites.
    EDIT: This handsome fellow.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:39 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvia is going to a sermon in the Underside Temple. Also attending are three people from the surface whom will be sitting in the pews- Kail, Terrowin's girlfriend, her half-demonic son, and her temporary bodyguard, Omid of the Riverside Temple

Also, Terrowin thinks it was WATCHTOWER that attacked the Hermitage, but doesn't know for certain; a long time ago, Elezibethele went on a quest with Wenomir to Hell. I can't remember why, I just know Terrowin took her along as an interpreter; her Infernal is better than his. What he doesn't know is who else was along, or if it was an official WATCHTOWER mission or not, and he hopes to find out.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Righty has a bunch, but they're part of one of his other factions, and he's hardly ever on anyway, so I don't think so, no.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Falgorn: There indeed have been. Grunts as well. However, they were played by Blackout who I have not seen post for them in quite some time (see: 2-3 years). As such, I would suspect that there aren't going to be many PC ones in the Nexus at the moment.

@C'nor: Mind posting in the Hunting Grounds please?
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-09-11 at 02:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sylvia is going to a sermon in the Underside Temple. Also attending are three people from the surface whom will be sitting in the pews- Kail, Terrowin's girlfriend, her half-demonic son, and her temporary bodyguard, Omid of the Riverside Temple

Also, Terrowin thinks it was WATCHTOWER that attacked the Hermitage, but doesn't know for certain; a long time ago, Elezibethele went on a quest with Wenomir to Hell. I can't remember why, I just know Terrowin took her along as an interpreter; her Infernal is better than his. What he doesn't know is who else was along, or if it was an official WATCHTOWER mission or not, and he hopes to find out.
    It was a quest to rescue Wenomir. One of my early attempts to run a plot. KR and DC were there too.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    @C'nor: Mind posting in the Hunting Grounds please?
    I can probably do that, yeah. Though the accent, while still present, is getting dropped, since it's a pain to type...

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

That's reminded me; happyturtle, I sent a PM several days ago. Have you received it or forgotten to reply?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!