New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k RPGs General (Warhammer Fantasy RPG can come too)

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    So, as part of our RT group's standard policy of "If it's loot, loot it. If it's anything else, make it into loot." we've decided that being captured and tied up by a Daemon and left at the mercy of his Untouchable and his Heretek, this is a fantastic opportunity. After all, if we can overpower and capture the Untouchable, we can make him into an extremely valuable servitor later on.

The question of what to do with the Daemon is trickier. Ideally, we'd like to force him out of our NPC-buddy's body and bind him into a weapon, because again, Turn It Into Loot. However, I have no idea how that works.
    You do every Rogue Trader party proud.
    Many thanks to Z-axis for the great avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldre View Post
    you know whats worse than a regular Daemon-host? A Daemon-host with a Plasma Cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic
    "Eh. I do to 'Mechs what Simon does to American Idol contestants."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Opperhapsen View Post
    One question.
    Does this daemonade explode with all the power of the daemon inside it? Essentially creating a planet buster.
    Or does this experiment result in a reusable grenade?
    Neither. It simply is a Daemonly-infused grenade, like a Daemonsword.

Increase the damage and AP by the Daemon's Willpower Bonus, and there will be a sample of Daemonic attributes. (since it's a 1-shot weapon, the GM will allow Unnatural Willpower to apply).

I assume that it explodes with only a fraction of the power of the demon.

The real question is whether being inside a bomb kills the demon, or just sets it free. (Either way, it'd still be an effective thing to throw at your enemies)
    That's the question. The DM told me it's gonne be randomized. Either the Daemon will be banished back into the Warp.... or it won't. And it will be pissed.

In that case, I have what could be a Greater Deamon-holding Pokeball.

"Keeper of Secrets, I choose you!"

3. - Top - End - #273

Note; the Techpriest has been able to requisition a Frigate for our operations. I suppose when we get a Frigate, we should just go for the Sword Frigate as it's the best all-around ship?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

The only thing a Sword-class really shows itself is its anti-air power, as it's the only frigate with turret rating of 2. Do you expect enemy carrier? If not, Falchion or Turbulent (or even Tempest, if you do not have access to Battlefleet Koronus) are just better
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

5. - Top - End - #275

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Note; the Techpriest has been able to requisition a Frigate for our operations. I suppose when we get a Frigate, we should just go for the Sword Frigate as it's the best all-around ship?
    Falchions have torpedoes, which are sweet.

Where are the rules you've been using for Daemonic weaponcrafting? Could you give me a rundown of the process?
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

6. - Top - End - #276

Falchions have torpedoes, which are sweet.

Where are the rules you've been using for Daemonic weaponcrafting? Could you give me a rundown of the process?
    Basic Summoning Ritual (Forbidden Lore: Daemon). With my unnatural intelligence x4, a collection of codexes that gives me bonuses, and a capacity to hunt down True Names, the GM only makes me roll to avoid a 00.

Otherwise, it's not only actually creating your Daemonic weapon. You have to do a Daemonic Mastery check against it.

7. - Top - End - #277

Kobold

No. A Gladius is generally considered to be better than a Sword in every way... Only problem is, it's an Astartes vessel!
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2012-11-23 at 08:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    No. A Gladius is generally considered to be better than a Sword in every way... Only problem is, it's an Astartes vessel!
    And thus not available to anyone without astartae's pull and not the best choice for anyone else.

Sword if you have just the basic book, but i'd go with Turbulent if you have Battlefleet Koronus as its about the same but a lil tougher (5 Hull and 2 ARM at the cost of being 1 point slower and less maneuverable by 2)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    And thus not available to anyone without astartae's pull and not the best choice for anyone else.

Sword if you have just the basic book, but i'd go with Turbulent if you have Battlefleet Koronus as its about the same but a lil tougher (5 Hull and 2 ARM at the cost of being 1 point slower and less maneuverable by 2)
    Astartes pull... eh?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Cikomyr, could you arrange opening of an black hole in the Eye of Terror ?
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Not so sure about 40k, but in Warhammer Fantasy the books are quite explicit that you can't bind a daemon into something without its consent, and it almost certainly won't consent unless its patron god orders it to.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    Not so sure about 40k, but in Warhammer Fantasy the books are quite explicit that you can't bind a daemon into something without its consent, and it almost certainly won't consent unless its patron god orders it to.
    Technically, I'd agree with you there. You cannot bind a Daemon inside a weapon without its consent.

However, given the nature of Daemonic entities, I suspect what qualifies as "consent" may be very, very, very flexible. I could trick a demon into giving me his consent, with the right kind of wording and blackmail, without him actually be 100% willing of getting stuck inside my goodies.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but daemonic weapons rebelling against an unworthy owner is also a thing. You'd have to convince it to get into your weapon, then *also* keep it happy so it doesn't decide to kill you. If you can somehow pull that off, I'd let you keep it, but personally I wouldn't try it.

14. - Top - End - #284

Yeah, but daemonic weapons rebelling against an unworthy owner is also a thing. You'd have to convince it to get into your weapon, then *also* keep it happy so it doesn't decide to kill you. If you can somehow pull that off, I'd let you keep it, but personally I wouldn't try it.
    Oh, they are certainly not happy.

But Pentragrammatic Wards impose a -60% malus on their opposed WP against me when they rebel. So most of the time, they cannot even hope to rebel.

I make them mah' bitches.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

What do you think would happen when an Untouchable gets thrown into a warp portal?
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeknownst View Post
    What do you think would happen when an Untouchable gets thrown into a warp portal?
    I'd expect he'd still get through.

He better have an exit however. Because on his own, he has absolutely no way of finding an exit.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

But Pentragrammatic Wards impose a -60% malus on their opposed WP against me when they rebel. So most of the time, they cannot even hope to rebel.

Not if you have an evil GM.

And if your GM isn't evil they have no business playing Warhammer.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

I'd expect he'd still get through.

He better have an exit however. Because on his own, he has absolutely no way of finding an exit.
    But it's it's kinda... Powered by the warp.
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

19. - Top - End - #289

Just because they're bound and incapable of directly defying you, does not make them harmless by any means. Let us count the ways...

1) Hey, look at all the potential or extremely weak Psykers in that crowd of people. Oh dear, it would appear they have somehow all recieved sudden power boosts and visions of what exactly awaits them after death, and are now freaking the hell out. What are the chances of that?
    2) It's the hot new look this year, I swear. OK, I can see why having spiky chaos symbols formed out of living lightning orbiting your skull might be a tad conspicuous, but how was I meant to know you were walking through an Arbites Precinct?
    3) So, I was talking to my fellow daemons - long distance calls, they're a pain in the arse - and telling them what a good boss you are. And now they figure they all want to come meet you themselves, say hi.
    4) Hmm. You appear to have spontaneously mutated from constant, long-term exposure to warp-tainted artifacts. Sucks to be you, huh?
    5) Ooh, dreams, I love it when the mortals dream. They're so... malleable.

A daemon, be it summoned or bound into an item, should never be taken lightly. They're ageless, imaginative beyond all human measure, and capable of holding grudges that a dwarf would consider a bit much.

Seriously. If your GM can't find half a dozen ways for this to bite you in the arse, they're really not trying.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

20. - Top - End - #290

GnomePirate

As far as I know daemons can be coerced into weapon. When their immediate superior orders them into the weapon they still complain and try resisting.

As is right and proper, minions are there to make you happy.

I expect these daemons to be just biding their time. If it is Greater Daemon ... you are in for a hell if it is given shadow of a chance. And like Maugan Ra said, they have buddies, boss and such. Your odds are simply slightly better than average daemon weapon user's.

How do you torture them into your bitches ? Daemons aren't unbreakable, but compared with humans/eldar/anyone else who feels pain ... they are so damn stubborn.

21. - Top - End - #291

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Agreed. The Turbulent is a great ship. Good amount of space, any drive you put in it gets a bit more juice. Tough. Pretty maneuverable...

http://www.mediafire.com/?824ubcddplwcr44 <--helps when choosing ships.

Good stuff to get (if you can manage it), are Lathe drives, Markov 1 Warp engines, Warpsbane Hull, Sunsear Laser batteries...

Remember that quality of gear can be improved, to reduce space or power usage, amongst other things. How much Profit Factor is the budget for buying the ship? And what non-void-combat capabilities should it have (cargo carrying, troop carrying, fighter carrying and launching, extra power facilities, repair or salvage facilities, medical facilities, research facilities, social interaction facilities, what?)
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2012-11-24 at 04:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur Azebol View Post
    How do you torture them into your bitches ? Daemons aren't unbreakable, but compared with humans/eldar/anyone else who feels pain ... they are so damn stubborn.
    Pentagrammatic Ward to trap them + Holocaust

Few things can genuinely destroy a Daemon's essence. Holocaust is one of them. I make them understand that physical banishing isn't what I have in mind if they try to double-cross me.

I usually don't dabble in anything more powerful than ye average Daemon for my Daemonic Weaponry. Greater Daemons or Warp Entities... They are not outside of my league, but they certainly too powerful to contain 100% safely.

edit: But usually, I do torture them with holy relics or sorcery. And I usually destroy one of their own right in front of them, just to make them understand I ain't bluffing. They can either continue to exist in a shiny gun, or they can go back and meet their Maker.
    Last edited by Cikomyr; 2012-11-24 at 06:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

GnomePirate

Heh, Holocaust ? Isn't it ... soul-destroying power ? At least your unfortunate minions know well that you do not mind teaching them the meaning of "non-existence".

24. - Top - End - #294

Heh, Holocaust ? Isn't it ... soul-destroying power ? At least your unfortunate minions know well that you do not mind teaching them the meaning of "non-existence".
    Hey.. that would be an interesting way of torturing them..

Force a Mind Bond between two Daemon, and Holocaust one of them. Make them understand how it works...

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Cikomyr, I would have so much fun as your DM...

26. - Top - End - #296

Hey, your character only has 1 life, I say. Might as well make it a fun one!!

27. - Top - End - #297

GnomePirate

Sure as hell it's fun to be. I remember old character of mine who become shaman of Pygmy evil deity, in old WFR, and later ruined my halfling friend's pig farm with excessive testing of various potions.

Or, in other crazy sub-campaign, we conquered Ulthuan and established Malekith as newest Phoenix King. He probably never ever once regretted the price he paid us.

28. - Top - End - #298

Likewise. Ah, the ideas...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

29. - Top - End - #299

Sure as hell it's fun to be. I remember old character of mine who become shaman of Pygmy evil deity, in old WFR, and later ruined my halfling friend's pig farm with excessive testing of various potions.

Or, in other crazy sub-campaign, we conquered Ulthuan and established Malekith as newest Phoenix King. He probably never ever once regretted the price he paid us.
    All right. Come on, you gotta tell us what that was...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Malekith had to make a minor chaos manifestation roll when he murdered the PCs as reward for their services.

What? As if a Dark Elf would allow someone more competent than themselves to live.