New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Let's Play: Fallout, New Vegas - Hardcore

Gather around, troublemakers and troubleshooters! I have decided to go ahead and run two let's plays together. For those interested, you can see my neverwinter night let's play down in my signature.

But this thread, this is dedicated to my brand new, Fallout: New Vegas playthrough.

Our hero is a brave courier that is assigned an odd quest to deliver a chip. But unfortunately, a mysterious stranger cuts that quest short by driving a bullet into our hero's brain. How unfortunate. But it doesn't stop our hero! No, that would make for a very short game.

We are rescued by a robot named Victor and some doc Mitch and let loose into the wasteland and it's inhabitants. Playing this on hardcore mode.

This is not my first play, although I didn't finish the game yet and this time I'm doing this with tons of mods that I'll list in a spoiler for those interested.

All Episodes

Mods (Not Updated):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major:
    LFox Bottle That Water - This one let's us keep empty bottles and fill them for later use! Critical to survive the wasteland.
    Project Nevada - Adding tons of stuff, options and rebalancing to the game.
    The Mod Configuration Menu - To let us use and change all those nifty options in the mods.

Companion Mods:
    Jerry McGhoulBerry Advanced - Kicking ass and not taking names.
    Jerry Companion - He's a nightkin. And he's Jerry too! Perfect.
    Companion Equipment - Should let us better manage their equipment. Not tested yet.
    Baby Deathclaw Commander - In the future, we will get an egg. And that egg, we will have our little tiny sweet deathclaw that we can raise and love and cuddle...
    Radroach Companion - Because who didn't cry when we had to shoot one in fallout 3? We all want one as a pet, and here is our chance.
    HJLCompanions - What? No more than 1 human and 1 pet? NEVER! This let's us get them ALL. At least, should. We'll see.
    Companion Sandbox Mode - When they wait for us, they don't just stand there. They live! Wonder what will happen...
    Companion Overhaul - Improving all the original companions from the core and DLCs.
    Stinger - Stinger is a radscorpion. He followed us since we got a bullet stuck in our skull. He was a close friend. Too close. Got clingy, and that's bad. We got rid of him. (He kept trying to stand in our space and pushing us away and stuff, really bad for business.)

MoMod - Adds more creatures, weapons and other stuff.
    More Perks for Companions - What it says on the tin!
    Interior Lighting Overhaul - You guessed it.
    Primary Needs HUD - To see how thirsty we are!
    Fellout - A cosmetic change to the atmosphere it is!
    noautoaim - Making bullets a bit more realistic, now they don't curve!
    Immersive Karma - We don't want to get an annoying noise and message every time we do our looting, do we?
    Tag Skills Improved - Only 15 for our specialty?! Up it up to 25!
    Goodsprings Shack - There should be a safe heaven for us in this dump, no?
    Light Step ED-E - Because ED-E shouldn't set off mines! It's flying for ... Sake!
    Better ammo Crafting - I dunno yet. What it says, I guess.
    Improved Throwing - Collect our thrown weapons and create others!
    new vegas radios - eliminate static from working radios scattered around!
    Plausible Starting Outfit - Starting out with a vault outfit? That makes no sense! We are like in the wild west around here!
    Cap Removed DR DT RR - What it says on the tin dammit!
    Skilless Lockpick - It might be harder, but we should be able to try!
    Nukes! - Now nukes really hurt. Us too. Yay!
    FNV Cannibalism Extended - Hey, we might want to eat someone and we might want to get contaminated because of our creepy lifestyle!
    Cheaper Stimpaks - Make 'em cost like in Fallout 3.
    Full Recharge - Fixing some AP bugs.
    Instant Food - Hey, I don't want to bother with waiting for food regeneration, food insta heals now!
    Junkrounds Perk Overhaul - If I'll take the perk, I'll get bullet cases instead, or so I heard.
    Effective Healing Powder - Should make it stronger!
    Weapon Mods Expanded - We'll see when we get there. Should improve that weapon modding screen.
    Quick Trade - Trade with anyone you can trade with, with the ease of no talking, just right clicking!
    Fairy Radar - The name is weird because the modder made it for his fairy companion. Gives us a cool radar though!
    Flashlight NVSE - Yay! A flashlight!
    Imp's More Complex Needs - Because we want to keep a figure!
    Jetpack - Have fuel? Have flight!
    The Groovatron NV - Because what's more groovy than grabbing any NPC?! Also, extended range of grabbing!

There are a few more, but those are the ones I've tried and didn't make my game crash yet, and I have something to say about.

Feel more than free to suggest other mods to install. I'll take a bit of time before trying any new adventure mods though, but you can suggest them now for me to later try.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-10-16 at 03:21 AM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play: Fallout, New Vegas - Hardcore

I'll give it a look a little later, but I don't see weapon mod menu on the list. Unless you decided it's so thoroughly ubiquitous as to need no mention.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks interesting...I'm currently involved in a Blind Hardcore LP of it, so I'm not sure if I should watch much as this looks heavily modded and you're clearly a lot more experienced with FNV than I...but it definitely looks interesting.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I'll give it a look a little later, but I don't see weapon mod menu on the list. Unless you decided it's so thoroughly ubiquitous as to need no mention.
    Ah, huh... Yeah, no list. I have a few installed, but not many. Mostly a weapon pack. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis Bladewing View Post
    Looks interesting...I'm currently involved in a Blind Hardcore LP of it, so I'm not sure if I should watch much as this looks heavily modded and you're clearly a lot more experienced with FNV than I...but it definitely looks interesting.
    I think I saw something about it, another LP of F:NV I mean. I think I'll give it a look myself. But yeah, if you want to keep yours blind and you aren't playing as often as I am, (which isn't that much during the week, damn real life!) then unfortunately this isn't for you.

Anyway, Episode 2 is uploaded and ready to be watched, the third installment is on it's merry way!
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plausible Starting Outfit - Starting out with a vault outfit? That makes no sense! We are like in the wild west around here!

The Groovatron NV - Because what's more groovy than grabbing any NPC?! Also, extended range of grabbing!
    1.) The outfit is both plausible and the player wearing a Vault jumpsuit is iconic to the series. (Vault 21 is just down the street from the Lucky 38, in the New Vegas Strip)

2.) My issue with grabbing

(Also, because I raid Big MT, by the time I need more water than I have scavenged, I have the tricked-out Sink, which auto-fills all bottles with water if you ask her to)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Ah, huh... Yeah, no list. I have a few installed, but not many. Mostly a weapon pack. Any suggestions?
    Weapon Mod Menu. Its most important feature: you can remove mods after installing them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 3 is uploaded, exporting 4. Update: Here is 4!

Update 2: Uploading episode 5. Two more episodes are ready to be exported after that during the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    1.) The outfit is both plausible and the player wearing a Vault jumpsuit is iconic to the series. (Vault 21 is just down the street from the Lucky 38, in the New Vegas Strip)
    While it makes sense for it to exist, I don't think it makes that much sense for initial courier clothes.

Well, that's a core grabbing issue. That mod let's us grab live NPCs (and perform long grabs) which makes things easier when they block our roads. And to steal stuff.

(Also, because I raid Big MT, by the time I need more water than I have scavenged, I have the tricked-out Sink, which auto-fills all bottles with water if you ask her to)
    Well, I didn't really see any of that in my first play and the bottle water mod still seems handy even if we get a lot of water later on.

Weapon Mod Menu. Its most important feature: you can remove mods after installing them.
    I already have that one. It was listed as Weapon Mods Expanded in my list.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-08 at 04:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, okay. I didn't think of that, because there's a separate one called Weapon Mods Expanded, but WMM was perhaps the single most useful mod I've ever used. I used to carry three separate Varmint rifles. One with all three mods, one with only the exp mags and silencer, and one with the mags and night scope. I used them all.

Bottle that water is helpful as much for the canteen as it is for the bottling. I fill 10-15 bottles when I reach the springs and that lasts me until I reach Lake Vegas.

Sathis, stay clear, trust me.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... There is a point in what you say. So far it seems that dehydration won't be much of an issue, even if I don't use the bottled water that much.

Episode 6: A Step Outside.

Episode 7: The Gecko Hunter
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-09 at 10:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 8: Into Primm is out!

Episode 9 is being uploaded and will be linked in the evening (It's morning ATM for me) so subscribe to my channel for immediate updates.

Episode 9: The Steve Hotel
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-12 at 11:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 10: The Deadly Wasteland.

Had a few issues with ep10 uploading so it took a bit. Also a few recording issues last session, nothing too bad though.

Uploading 11.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-12 at 11:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 13: Not the Ants!
    Episode 14: Burning Nipton (Part 1)
    Episode 15: Burning Nipton (Part 2)

A short break after that, I'll return to my NWN let's play for a while. Something went wrong when I looked for more mods and now I can't get the game to work even without any mods on. I'll be reinstalling it soon I guess...
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-17 at 01:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

And we are back in business!

Episode 16: Spring Break

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

First, I want to say you have an awesome accent. Second, thank you, a thousand times, for not making us sit through the introduction. I keep getting bored out of F3 LP's because they insist on forcing us to sit through the beginning stages. And it's frustrating because they tend to talk through it and give reasons for doing stuff, so you have to try and listen through it at least once. And I really disliked the beginning because it was so long and boring.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks! Hope you'll continue watching and enjoying this.

I didn't have the intro for two main reasons. First, I know there are plenty of New Vegas LPs out there and anybody that would watch mine is unlikely to haven't seen or played it before, so I didn't think it was so important to add those few extra minutes to my first episode.

Second reason is because I already watched it the first time I played and didn't bother to sit through it again, so I didn't have much to record anyway.

Episode 17: The Ghoul and the Gullet
    Episode 18: The Rayman Cave

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'll definitely keep watching as I have time.

I really don't mind the F:NV intro once in a while, but I dispair of people who persist in forcing me to sit through the entire vault sequence of Fallout 3. It's just annoying.

Can't wait for a chance to move to the actual action in yours.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to hear that

2 more episodes:
    Episode 19: Through Rayman Cave.
    Episode 20: Into a Vault.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

2 new episode are out! Well, 1 and a half, considering the usual length. But there are more to come!

Episode 21: Vault 40: Explored
    Episode 22: The Powder Menace

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Liking it, though I've only seen a couple of the videos so far.

Just so you know, Skilled is a very good trait. On paper, 10% less EXP looks bad, but in actual game play, it doesn't change all that much.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

And combined with Swift Learner, it's a net loss of 1% or so. Of course, some people call it a waste of a perk, but I tend to drop my perk rate to 1 every level.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I can see your point, although skill points aren't a big issue in my playthrough as I'm getting more than usual as is. Well, and neither do perks are, but with all the mods adding extra perks I want to take...

Anyway, the next session is uploaded:
    Episode 23: You are Corrected
    Episode 24: Cleanup in Aisle 3
    Episode 25: Cow Explorer

I'm planning on having some other goodies on my channel soon, so hey, go ahead and subscribe!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

A short pause in our advance, as I return to Primm to check a few things out. And we have a new friend!

Episode 26: Back to Primm
    Episode 27: Are We There Yet?
    Episode 28: Yes! We're Here
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-09-30 at 09:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

We finally meet our friend, Jerry McRoach! Oh, and do other stuff...

Episode 29: Novac Exploration

Episode 30 is uploading.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

With the forums back up, we continue our adventure.

Episode 30: To REPCONN We Go!
    Episode 31: For the Ghouls!
    Episode 32: Fixing a Rocket
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-10-07 at 10:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I believe I got the sound better now so you should hear me clearer.

Episode 34: Low Orbit Collision
    Episode 35: Helios One
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-10-16 at 03:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Got a few crashes there... Hope it doesn't become a trend In the next episode I stopped after the crash and will continue to a different destination tomorrow: The Primm Cave, which is a mod. Hope it will work fine.

Episode 36: Powering On
    Episode 37: Novac Motel