New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Spoilerssssss
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no way those are what they look like.
    They're so not good looking at all.
    I'll agree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Their eye-highlights aren't even consistant; half of them have the round version. I think this is just promotional art and not necessarily indicative of the actual episode artwork.

There are even two official preview clips out which show the standard character models we know. So at worst, the "new look" theory doesn't happen until later episodes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, we have slightly paler rebrushes of the mane six. Possible clones? *gasp* Insectoid eyes=changelings? Maybe there's just too much sun in the frozen north, so their coats are starting to lose their color? [/wild guessing]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crystal clones.
    Last edited by maximus25; 2012-09-10 at 02:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This comic made me spill my coffee...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Funny thing about me is even having FlutterMac mentioned in passing will utterly ruin a story for me. This is the only ship that does this as even squicky ships like ScootaCheer doesn't have that reaction. (Though usually a squicky ship like that isn't enjoyable for an entirely different reason.) But yeah, fastest way for me to not read your fic? Include FlutterMac.

Other Fluttershy ships are fine by the way. Only FlutterMac repulses me to that degree.
    What is it about this ship that earns so much scorn from you? Did FlutterMac shippers set fire to your house or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Hee he! That's wonderful.

Uh-oh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Headcanoned, so Headcanoned
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    That is absolutely adorable. Now I want to see more Starcraft ponies.
    As you wish:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Bahahaha .... I gotta sympathise with RD though.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    aaand now there's grapejuice coming out of my nose.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    On shipping:
    The only two ships I consistently support are Fluttermac and Rarispike. I tend to be neutral to most other ships, but those two I support with the full force of whatever crime against existence that Professor Boffinspark has on hoof.
    Well since I've explained my feelings on FlutterMac could you please tell me why you support it?

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    What is it about this ship that earns so much scorn from you? Did FlutterMac shippers set fire to your house or something?

Uh-oh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I think it's because I don't think it would work as a ship coupled with how insanely popular it is as a ship. I mean it's practically a default ship people use. Also I hate how arbitrary the ship can be. Also nobody has ever given me a good reason for that ship. Plus I take Hearts and Hooves Day's ending to mean that Cheerilee and Big Mac got into a relationship. Or at least had a date.

Why I don't think that ship works:

I'm a shy person, to some degree (not as bad as Fluttershy, or Big Mac for that matter) but when I'm around another shy person it's pretty horrible. We both refuse to talk to each other and eventually there's this awkward silence that's just unbearable. We then both avoid each other because we literally have nothing to say to each other. We need a third person who is a lot more outgoing in order to have any real social interaction at all.

So I think that Fluttershy and Big Mac fall into that situation. They don't want to talk to each other and the only thing they have in common to talk about is Applejack and Applebloom. Besides that it doesn't look like the two just don't interact as far as their lives go.

I guess another reason it bothers me so much is that it reminds me of a situation that I never want to be in again and wouldn't wish upon anyone else.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Chapter 4 of II is ready for review. It's very rough around the edges, I'm not entirely sure about some of it and no doubt going to make some edits. But that's what all you fine people are for, right? To tell me how much it sucks and how to make it not suck!

But so far this story has been a real joy to write compared to my previous story. This chapter almost felt a bit like writing Fillystata, which made me feel somewhat nostalgic.

"Maim, maim, maim, maim all the little ponies" I'm such a naughty little pony pony pony!

II.4 - Dire Fates (Draft!)

Aside from general review, I would like some help with
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some sort of ... thingy, whatchamacallit ... that you would write under each name on the grave monument. Just listing the names seems kinda bland. Just something brief, maybe two or three short lines for each. Something to remember them by.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some sort of ... thingy, whatchamacallit ... that you would write under each name on the grave monument. Just listing the names seems kinda bland. Just something brief, maybe two or three short lines for each. Something to remember them by.
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming you have seven gravestones;
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Here's a Pony]

[There's a Pony]

[And another little Pony]

[Fuzzy Pony]

[Funny Pony]

[Pony Pony]

[Duck.]

...I'll get my coat.

I totally haven't even read the fic. Sorry.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-09-10 at 04:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    As you wish:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bahahaha .... I gotta sympathise with RD though.
    Yeeeessssss, Gooooooooood.

Chapter 4 of II is ready for review. It's very rough around the edges, I'm not entirely sure about some of it and no doubt going to make some edits. But that's what all you fine people are for, right? To tell me how much it sucks and how to make it not suck!

But so far this story has been a real joy to write compared to my previous story. This chapter almost felt a bit like writing Fillystata, which made me feel somewhat nostalgic.

"Maim, maim, maim, maim all the little ponies" I'm such a naughty little pony pony pony!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think epitaph is the word you're looking for. And I'll read it and see what I can think of.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Well since I've explained my feelings on FlutterMac could you please tell me why you support it?
    I think a large part of the reason that I support the pairing stems from the fact that their personalities seem to complement each other very well, with Big Macintosh being the one stallion in Ponyville that doesn't completely terrify Fluttershy, and Fluttershy's quiet, kind demeanor being a welcome change of pace from the three loud, stubborn mares Big Macintosh lives with (I've headcannoned a statement made by Lauren Faust that Big Macintosh's quietness is essentially a defense mechanism developed from living with Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith).

I'm a shy person, to some degree (not as bad as Fluttershy, or Big Mac for that matter) but when I'm around another shy person it's pretty horrible. We both refuse to talk to each other and eventually there's this awkward silence that's just unbearable. We then both avoid each other because we literally have nothing to say to each other. We need a third person who is a lot more outgoing in order to have any real social interaction at all.

So I think that Fluttershy and Big Mac fall into that situation. They don't want to talk to each other and the only thing they have in common to talk about is Applejack and Applebloom. Besides that it doesn't look like the two just don't interact as far as their lives go.

I guess another reason it bothers me so much is that it reminds me of a situation that I never want to be in again and wouldn't wish upon anyone else.
    I'll agree that the quietness/shyness of the two is an obstacle to overcome (much like the age/species differences in RarityxSpike), but I just see that as a challenge that a good shipfic should address, rather than a reason to dismiss the ship outright.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

So everypony is still talking about the DVD cover but nopony has yet posted this fun little detail from the DVD release:

Spoiler
    Show
    In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, TWILIGHT SPARKLE searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm! - Shout Factory Press Release

So that's our synopsis for the SE 3 two-parter on there and the others episodes are Sonic Rainboom, Luna Eclipsed, and It's About Time. All great episodes though it does no favors for the idea of a single story arc season.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming you have seven gravestones;
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Here's a Pony]

[There's a Pony]

[And another little Pony]

[Fuzzy Pony]

[Funny Pony]

[Pony Pony]

[Duck.]

...I'll get my coat.

I totally haven't even read the fic. Sorry.
    Damn you, the song is stuck! It won't stop!

Spoiler
    Show
    I think epitaph is the word you're looking for. And I'll read it and see what I can think of.
    Yes, that's the word.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *(turns from homework*

im on it...
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    *(turns from homework*

im on it...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A little review! Which may be a teensy bit brutal, since you asked for it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the whole war thing just comes out of nowhere, doesn't it. Seriously, this is a much bigger scale story than it has been before, especially since the initial mysteries haven't been more than halfway solved. I feel like the story is getting ahead of itself a bit.

On the plus side, you certainly brought out some emotions. Feels are one of my "good fic" criteria, and you have met them, despite how unsubtly they have been drawn out.

As for the epitaphs, I don't have any ideas less stereotypical than, say "Beloved sister" for Luna and stuff like that.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

18. - Top - End - #288
    Spamalot in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    BWAHAHAHA, oh my day has been MADE.

Uh-oh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOL, can't fly but can sure airbend on a scooter.

Weirdness--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

A little review! Which may be a teensy bit brutal, since you asked for it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the whole war thing just comes out of nowhere, doesn't it. Seriously, this is a much bigger scale story than it has been before, especially since the initial mysteries haven't been more than halfway solved. I feel like the story is getting ahead of itself a bit.

On the plus side, you certainly brought out some emotions. Feels are one of my "good fic" criteria, and you have met them, despite how unsubtly they have been drawn out.

As for the epitaphs, I don't have any ideas less stereotypical than, say "Beloved sister" for Luna and stuff like that.
    Brutal is fine, although naturally I always hope everypony will fall in total love with my words and declare me God of Ponyfics or something

But thanks
    Spoiler
    Show
    War is mentioned in the description of the story, but I suppose I could look at some way to ... make it come less out of nowhere. Not sure how, but I'll consider it.

Very happy to hear you liked "the feels" of this one. That's always one of my major concerns too, and what I always strive for.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, I think it's because I don't think it would work as a ship coupled with how insanely popular it is as a ship...
    Ahh. Kinda like how I feel about Twixie, though much of the hate has long gone, replaced with mere annoyance.

..I mean it's practically a default ship people use. Also I hate how arbitrary the ship can be. Also nobody has ever given me a good reason for that ship. Plus I take Hearts and Hooves Day's ending to mean that Cheerilee and Big Mac got into a relationship. Or at least had a date.

Y'know, as a shy person myself, I understand completely. When you're around others who are as quiet as you, that silence kind of pulls at you and drags you into pointless small talk that neither of you care about. I hate that.

So I'll agree that it's probably not a ship that could work. It's still cute though.

Spoiler
    Show
    II-4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well. That was a little depressing, though knowing it's only a possible future dampens the blow of Pinkie's... yeah.

And yet, I really want to know more, so well done with that!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

II-4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well. That was a little depressing, though knowing it's only a possible future dampens the blow of Pinkie's... yeah.

And yet, I really want to know more, so well done with that!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Ponycraft 2.

Need medical attention? Shy has you covered.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://yudhaikeledai.deviantart.com/...rait-272951931

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

II 4
    Spoiler
    Show

Eden placed a paw around Rainbow's withers, then made a snap with the other paw. There was the sound of the snap, and the hall vanished like smoke around them. Rainbow looked around in bewilderment at the rolling hills appearing around her.

needs language variety. the whole thing feels repetitive.

she cried, bewildered and horrified.
    i would break this into 2 sentences. as is, it feels a bit halting.
    ex: "she cried. (description of the confused horror bearing down on her)

a war penetrated all the way to canterlot in the space of a month or 2? i find that unlikely.

i also dislike the use of destiny here. forces of nature like her (i dont know why, but i keep thinking it's a guy. not sure if its the picture or something i link destiny with, but ya) are always tough to write, i know. but you've basically just used her as an info dump =/
    she's also rather... candid?
    the way she talks, I'm more hearing "author is talking to me and just doesn't want to reveal xyz" than anything. if she were more enigmatic, you could play off whether she "cant" do something, or just isn't.

Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-10 at 05:44 PM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ahh. Kinda like how I feel about Twixie, though much of the hate has long gone, replaced with mere annoyance.
    I am, to be brutaly honest, kind of sick of Trixie now. At least Gilda has a excuse for some sort of return (making up with friends) but Trixie has as much returnablity as the Flim Flam Brothers. Amusing? To a extent. But when you have to twist a charecter to the point that there basicly a name and possibly a hat on what's basicly a nice, charming, soft spoken OC, there's a issue.

Also, I had a issue with a radio system, and I found this.
    Spoiler
    Show

How they got there hoof's on the Children of Nightmare's radio broadcast system is yet to be determined.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-10 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I am, to be brutaly honest, kind of sick of Trixie now. At least Gilda has a excuse for some sort of return (making up with friends) but Trixie has as much returnablity as the Flim Flam Brothers. Amusing? To a extent. But when you have to twist a charecter to the point that there basicly a name and possibly a hat on what's basicly a nice, charming, soft spoken OC, there's a issue.
    I feel the exact opposite. Gilda was harsh, and meant to be a throwaway character. Trixie has the potential for depth. She wasn't mean in the sense like Gilda, stealing things, and screaming at people. She was just overly confident, a showman, and yes a liar. But if you want in-show proof, Twilight's line about "she'll be back, maybe by then she'll learn...." something something I forget the rest. I'm not saying they intended at that moment to reuse her (or maybe they did?), but it definitely feels incomplete. Coming from someone who does not read fanfics, I like the idea of Trixie having more depth to her.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

II 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    a war penetrated all the way to canterlot in the space of a month or 2? i find that unlikely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not a lot of actual detail is provided about what happened. A lot could have been going on for a long time before the actual attacks. Also consider that Chrysalis took down Canterlot in an evening. Strike at the right place and time, and even the strongest defense can collapse very quickly.

II 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    i also dislike the use of destiny here. forces of nature like her (i dont know why, but i keep thinking it's a guy. not sure if its the picture or something i link destiny with, but ya) are always tough to write, i know. but you've basically just used her as an info dump =/
    she's also rather... candid?
    the way she talks, I'm more hearing "author is talking to me and just doesn't want to reveal xyz" than anything. if she were more enigmatic, you could play off whether she "cant" do something, or just isn't.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to hear about that.

Eden is meant to be kinda pleasant, warm and friendly. That is a major goal of mine in portraying her. That doesn't mean she's not possibly suspect, or that she's not hiding something or at least not telling everything. She does have her reasons for doing and saying what she does, and for maybe leaving out certain details.

I'll see if I can emphasize some of this and make her more mysterious maybe, but I'm not sure exactly where the problem lies.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground

For whatever it may be worth... I used to be shy. I have no idea exactly what changed, but now I'm not - but I am still quiet. And it seems to me that Big Macintosh is much the same way - not shy, but quiet. And for me, awkward silence is not a common thing, no matter whom I am or am not with.

How it might feel to Fluttershy, I wouldn't want to say at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So everypony is still talking about the DVD cover but nopony has yet posted this fun little detail from the DVD release:

Spoiler
    Show
    In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, TWILIGHT SPARKLE searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm! - Shout Factory Press Release

So that's our synopsis for the SE 3 two-parter on there and the others episodes are Sonic Rainboom, Luna Eclipsed, and It's About Time. All great episodes though it does no favors for the idea of a single story arc season.
    SPEEEEC-U-LATION
    Spoiler
    Show
    Obviously not a directly parallel situation, but that synopsis rings a bell for me - and that bell is the G1 episode "Return of Tambelon". Given that we haven't yet had a two-parter without major disaster from a direction the mane six didn't initially anticipate...
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not a lot of actual detail is provided about what happened. A lot could have been going on for a long time before the actual attacks. Also consider that Chrysalis took down Canterlot in an evening. Strike at the right place and time, and even the strongest defense can collapse very quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to hear about that.

Eden is meant to be kinda pleasant, warm and friendly. That is a major goal of mine in portraying her. That doesn't mean she's not possibly suspect, or that she's not hiding something or at least not telling everything. She does have her reasons for doing and saying what she does, and for maybe leaving out certain details.

I'll see if I can emphasize some of this and make her more mysterious maybe, but I'm not sure exactly where the problem lies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would argue the changelings was clearly a stealth operation which is why it worked, but I see your point.

as for eden, first thing that sprang to mind would be to have her do something incongruous. turn dash away from something, close a door for no reason, or stand between dash and something. something we would notice, but the shaken dash wouldn't

on an unrelated note, with how potentially dark this just got, im almost afraid to see doodlebug >.>
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-10 at 06:37 PM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.