New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I feel the exact opposite. Gilda was harsh, and meant to be a throwaway character. Trixie has the potential for depth. She wasn't mean in the sense like Gilda, stealing things, and screaming at people. She was just overly confident, a showman, and yes a liar. But if you want in-show proof, Twilight's line about "she'll be back, maybe by then she'll learn...." something something I forget the rest. I'm not saying they intended at that moment to reuse her (or maybe they did?), but it definitely feels incomplete. Coming from someone who does not read fanfics, I like the idea of Trixie having more depth to her.
    Ah, but Gilda has a tie into Ponyville: Rainbow Dash. Trixie has all the reason the F&F brothers do, as in none at all. Gilda broke when Pinkie screwed with her enough to make any creature in the same position have the same reaction (anger), and her hot-headed nature is much like a darker Rainbow Dash. Trixie, on the other hand, was a showpony that has almost no reason to come back to ponyville. Her leaving felt incomplete because she's a charecter built entierly on her own self-image.

Both were jerks, but Gilda had a background, a very clear connection to a main cast member that's understandable, and belive it or not was actualy rather plesant in her first few scenes. Trixie is...a liar who humiliated a handful of ponies on stage for what apperently was her own amusement (not a bit was scene near her wagon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

I can kind of see where you are coming from, except that Gilda was a horrible person and is very unlikely to come back. It would be hard to justify without giving the character a 180 or having her come back purely on a roaring rampage of revenge. (flashbacks could work, though, arguable, in a heavily RD episode).

Trixie, whatever else you think, is a character that is much easier to justify returning or even meeting elsewhere. Infact, as a travelling pony, she could literally happen to be in any location the Mane 6 visit without it being anything more than a mild coincidence.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would argue the changelings was clearly a stealth operation which is why it worked, but I see your point.

as for eden, first thing that sprang to mind would be to have her do something incongruous. turn dash away from something, close a door for no reason, or stand between dash and something. something we would notice, but the shaken dash wouldn't
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just say that there's a LOT that hasn't been revealed yet, at this point. Who's fighting who, and what for? Could very well be a stealth operation. Could just be Equestria was massively overpowered and outnumbered. Could be both

I'll see what I can do about Eden. One problem is that everything is from RD's perspective, only those things she knows or observes. I can not give information that isn't known or observed by her, like what happens behind her back.

Another problem is that Eden is genuinely interested in Rainbow seeing this vision. And it's her providing the vision. If you were to be very suspicious, you might question whether anything we see in that vision is even real. It could be a massive lie for all you know, meaning there wouldn't be anything there that Rainbow shouldn't see.

Now, I'm not saying that she's lying But you don't know. The very fact that she is so open could be a source of suspicion in itself.

I basically don't want to say too much. I want you to speculate, "Is this creature good, or is she bad? Or maybe neither?" If I make her act really suspiciously, you might be lead to think she's obviously Bad, but is she? I don't want to give that away yet.

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I can kind of see where you are coming from, except that Gilda was a horrible person and is very unlikely to come back. It would be hard to justify without giving the character a 180 or having her come back purely on a roaring rampage of revenge. (flashbacks could work, though, arguable, in a heavily RD episode).

Trixie, whatever else you think, is a character that is much easier to justify returning or even meeting elsewhere. Infact, as a travelling pony, she could literally happen to be in any location the Mane 6 visit without it being anything more than a mild coincidence.
    Well, the question was more of whom (no matter the unlikelyhood) could be more of a charecter than what they showed in there respective episodes. Both are rather caustic individuals, and while Gilda was a all-in-out bully, she at least has a known goodish side: She was genuine friends with Rainbow for a reason (until the whole break-up thing). Trixie, however, was never nice to anyone, even to two little colts who effectivly worshiped the ground she walked on for a good half-hour.

Indeed, her very charecter is easier justify showing up somewhere compared to Gilda, but as a whole Gilda has some meat to her charecter, while Trixie is a hollow ball of arrogance and meaness you have to fill up to get anything out of her besides the same traits she showed in the episode.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    while Trixie is a hollow ball of arrogance and meaness you have to fill up to get anything out of her besides the same traits she showed in the episode.
    You could have said the same (and even more so) of S1 Luna, but that didn't stop her from becoming a phenomenal success and at least somewhat more developed character.

Personally I'm also getting a little exhausted of Trixie, but not because she's a bland character or because I don't think she should return, quite the opposite. I'm losing interest in her because we haven't seen anything official from her since S1 (ignoring the brief mention in that one episode). She needs an episode to revitalize her, because just beating on the same old Trixie from S1 is getting rather tedious. I think it'll be sad if she doesn't get that revitalizing injection.

Same could be said for Gilda, except personally I never cared for Gilda like I did for Trixie. But I'm sure that for those who did care for Gilda it's the same feeling that she could use a bit of new energy.

Which one is a more meaty character already, or easier to fit in again doesn't matter. They both could stand to make a comeback.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the question was more of whom (no matter the unlikelyhood) could be more of a charecter than what they showed in there respective episodes. Both are rather caustic individuals, and while Gilda was a all-in-out bully, she at least has a known goodish side: She was genuine friends with Rainbow for a reason (until the whole break-up thing). Trixie, however, was never nice to anyone, even to two little colts who effectivly worshiped the ground she walked on for a good half-hour.

Indeed, her very charecter is easier justify showing up somewhere compared to Gilda, but as a whole Gilda has some meat to her charecter, while Trixie is a hollow ball of arrogance and meaness you have to fill up to get anything out of her besides the same traits she showed in the episode.
    Yo, man, I'mma gunna totes agree with you here. @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    You could have said the same (and even more so) of S1 Luna, but that didn't stop her from becoming a phenomenal success and at least somewhat more developed character.

Personally I'm also getting a little exhausted of Trixie, but not because she's a bland character or because I don't think she should return, quite the opposite. I'm losing interest in her because we haven't seen anything official from her since S1 (ignoring the brief mention in that one episode). She needs an episode to revitalize her, because just beating on the same old Trixie from S1 is getting rather tedious. I think it'll be sad if she doesn't get that revitalizing injection.

Same could be said for Gilda, except personally I never cared for Gilda like I did for Trixie. But I'm sure that for those who did care for Gilda it's the same feeling that she could use a bit of new energy.

Which one is a more meaty character already, or easier to fit in again doesn't matter. They both could stand to make a comeback.
    I'mma have to disagree with you here, Deadly. In my opinion, Trixie's not like Season one Luna at all. Maybe they were both sort of mean and arrogant while Luna was Nightmare Moon, but then Luna got run over by the character development train whereas Trixie dodged it very neatly.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I'mma have to disagree with you here, Deadly. In my opinion, Trixie's not like Season one Luna at all. Maybe they were both sort of mean and arrogant while Luna was Nightmare Moon, but then Luna got run over by the character development train whereas Trixie dodged it very neatly.
    That wasn't what I was saying. I meant they were both very underdeveloped, Luna much more than Trixie. They were both "hollow shells" that you had to fill with something. Saying that Trixie shouldn't return because she's underdeveloped and "bland" isn't right, because that's exactly why she should return, like Luna did.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Gilda, like Zecora, gained fame for being unique. As soon as they made other griffons, though, Gilda lost any chance of ever coming back. On the flip side teu haven made other Trixies. So she's got a hoof in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Colt instead of Celt perhaps?
    Nah. The closest I get to referring to myself by any particular gender nowadays is "unicorn". It wasn't a pun, it was a cop-out.

I know what your saying and I agree with you though I can't articulate the words correctly.
    I thought so, from our previous discussion. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    well, since the new DVD released Dec 4th contains season three episodes, we can expect season three to start before that. Plus maybe give some room for ITune release. I estimate season three to start in OCT. I bet on 20th OCT.

Season three spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Crystal Empire just appears in the frozen north? Prepare yourself, crystals are coming.
    Intriguing. Doesn't jive with what we know though...
    Speculation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps this crystal empire is like that old cursed town that goes up for one night every hundred years? They have a month or something to break the curse and free them, before they sissy pear for another century? And Cadance's magic could be holding them here longer, while te mane six work.

Huh. Cadance is a word, and a name, but only plural. Phone, u crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, we have slightly paler rebrushes of the mane six. Possible clones? *gasp* Insectoid eyes=changelings? Maybe there's just too much sun in the frozen north, so their coats are starting to lose their color? [/wild guessing]
    Nah, dude, that's a stylistic choice we see on DVD covers all the time.

If I had any idea what you were saying, I might disagree, but, yeah.
    Can you comfortably argue that a being has a right to exist when they reserve the right to decide who else gets to excersize that right? I feel that is grey area, but quite beside the point as I don't remember making any points even vaguely related to that.

And the heat-death of the universe is just a theory, after all, no matter how widely supported it may be.

And I have no intention of beating anyone, especially at contests I have not chosen for myself.
    It's a consistency thing. If you have a problem with something, an actual, ongoing problem, I expect you'll try to correct it. And you're trying to convince others, so maybe you want us to help correct it. It's not something you've stated, but it follows from the persistence.

This is all old hat though. Areta is done, and I dont need him any more. I should work on fixing my moral state, not rehashing the old stuff that doesn't work. No matter how much easier it is to slip into those old patterns and defend them

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    This comic made me spill my coffee...

Spoiler
    Show
    Fabulous.

Hmm, I think it's because I don't think it would work as a ship coupled with how insanely popular it is as a ship. I mean it's practically a default ship people use. Also I hate how arbitrary the ship can be. Also nobody has ever given me a good reason for that ship. Plus I take Hearts and Hooves Day's ending to mean that Cheerilee and Big Mac got into a relationship. Or at least had a date.

Why I don't think that ship works:

I'm a shy person, to some degree (not as bad as Fluttershy, or Big Mac for that matter) but when I'm around another shy person it's pretty horrible. We both refuse to talk to each other and eventually there's this awkward silence that's just unbearable. We then both avoid each other because we literally have nothing to say to each other. We need a third person who is a lot more outgoing in order to have any real social interaction at all.

So I think that Fluttershy and Big Mac fall into that situation. They don't want to talk to each other and the only thing they have in common to talk about is Applejack and Applebloom. Besides that it doesn't look like the two just don't interact as far as their lives go.

I guess another reason it bothers me so much is that it reminds me of a situation that I never want to be in again and wouldn't wish upon anyone else.
    Factual error: Big McIntosh is not shy. He's a pony of few words. There is a world of difference. Where I would agree that awkward silences suck, comfortable silences do not. Unless you insist on small talk when ponies snuggle?

No, big Mac and Fluttershy could work. It's a reversal of Flutterdash, actually. Here on the latter, RD is active and Fluttershy is always there to care for we when she needs it, in the former, Mac is always thee with a smile and a warm look web Fluttershy needs it.

It's not a ship I support, as it's original justification seems to have een "I'm tired of all these damn lesbo fantasies!!1!" but it's not unviable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I think a large part of the reason that I support the pairing stems from the fact that their personalities seem to complement each other very well, with Big Macintosh being the one stallion in Ponyville that doesn't completely terrify Fluttershy, and Fluttershy's quiet, kind demeanor being a welcome change of pace from the three loud, stubborn mares Big Macintosh lives with (I've headcannoned a statement made by Lauren Faust that Big Macintosh's quietness is essentially a defense mechanism developed from living with Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith).
    Where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Weirdness--
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nuts. Forgot what this was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

nice. That Asian ponies one? Hot.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-10 at 08:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Gilda, like Zecora, gained fame for being unique. As soon as they made other griffons, though, Gilda lost any chance of ever coming back. On the flip side teu haven made other Trixies. So she's got a hoof in the door.
    I agree, but I don't think Trixie should ever be brought back to be redeemed. She's already perfect in every way.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

It's a consistency thing. If you have a problem with something, an actual, ongoing problem, I expect you'll try to correct it. And you're trying to convince others, so maybe you want us to help correct it. It's not something you've stated, but it follows from the persistence.
    Uuuh.

I think I more or less follow.
    I don't think I'm really trying to correct or acheive anything. I'm not sure I approve of people confusing Evil and Cool, but my opinion on the subject doesn't really matter a whole lot.

And if someone goes to the trouble of putting together an utterly Evil OC, it seems appropriate to be at least a little horrified by them. Surely, after all, that's the point? But again, see above.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Where did you hear that?
    It was part of discussion as to a cancelled Big Macintosh episode on her DA account.

Relevant post here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

How, tell me how did I forget that these exist?

Anyway, Deadly, I wanted to elaborate a little.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the main thing that bothers me about the war is that there was zero setup for it as a possibility. It would be good to hear something about strained relationships with other countries or general unrest, even if it's not specific. It's just that a the moment, it's impossible to see how war could erupt that quickly. And more importantly, it's difficult to figure out why Rainbow Dash's death would relate to it.
    Basically what it needs more of is setup in earlier chapters. Of course, this chapter could work as the start of the setup. But in order for that to work, I think it would have to be less explicit. Like, less of a literal look into the future and more metaphor and general information. As it is, it feels like too much information too fast for proper buildup.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    That wasn't what I was saying. I meant they were both very underdeveloped, Luna much more than Trixie. They were both "hollow shells" that you had to fill with something. Saying that Trixie shouldn't return because she's underdeveloped and "bland" isn't right, because that's exactly why she should return, like Luna did.
    Eh, I wouldn't call Luna undeveloped, really. We had that whole origin story/Nightmare Moon debacle thing to characterize her. Trixie, on the hand, shows up and is basically the rudeness, amirite? And that's pretty much it. She's the rudeness personified. Fear her powers of being a jerk!
    It was part of discussion as to a cancelled Big Macintosh episode on her DA account.

Relevant post here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    D'awwwwwwwww. Wish it had been made, looks fun.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Trixie - Thinks that making extravagant claims will make ponies like her, thinks that doing other people down makes her look more impressive so ponies will like her. She doesn't mean any harm, she just doesn't understand how to make real friends.
    When confronted with real danger, she admits her lie, sees her claimed deed outdone and flees town, expecting terrible repercussions (Or perhaps simply fearing that ponies now hate her?) despite the fact that clearly no-one was really blaming her.

A lot of Trixie's personality was hinted at by filling in around it. She may be hollow, technically, but the shape of the hollow gives us a good idea at her likely motives and failings.

And those failings seem to be the kind that, potentially, the show itself and the Ponies of Ponyville would be well suited to tackle and help with.

And that's why Trixie would make sense as a returning character. Gilda? Gilda does seem to have the power of being a jerk. Even to Dash, even before it really goes wrong for her, she is dismissive and controlling, (with a side of needy) and there's no hint in the show that it would ever have been a different dynamic.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-09-10 at 08:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Crashes into thread. Dusts self off. Points @ Tiki Snakes.*

TIKI, YOUR AVATAR PLANT THING CHANGED. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-09-10 at 08:58 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *Crashes into thread. Dusts self off. Points @ Tiki Snakes.*

TIKI, YOUR AVATAR PLANT THING CHANGED. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
    Plants grow, dude.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Plants grow, dude.
    I don't sig quotes. (I like not having a sig at all).

But if I did, I'd sig this.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Trixie - Thinks that making extravagant claims will make ponies like her, thinks that doing other people down makes her look more impressive so ponies will like her. She doesn't mean any harm, she just doesn't understand how to make real friends.
    When confronted with real danger, she admits her lie, sees her claimed deed outdone and flees town, expecting terrible repercussions (Or perhaps simply fearing that ponies now hate her?) despite the fact that clearly no-one was really blaming her.

A lot of Trixie's personality was hinted at by filling in around it. She may be hollow, technically, but the shape of the hollow gives us a good idea at her likely motives and failings.

And those failings seem to be the kind that, potentially, the show itself and the Ponies of Ponyville would be well suited to tackle and help with.

And that's why Trixie would make sense as a returning character. Gilda? Gilda does seem to have the power of being a jerk. Even to Dash, even before it really goes wrong for her, she is dismissive and controlling, (with a side of needy) and there's no hint in the show that it would ever have been a different dynamic.
    Ehhhhhhhhh

She certainly seemed to mean harm to me. She was mean-spirited, egotistical, self-assured and powerful enough to make fools of everyone. Your interpretation of her assumes she's some sort of wallflower in disguise; hiding her insecurity behind a veneer of self-confidence. I'd like to say that I think she was just self-confident, and the reason why she admitted to not being able to defeat the ursa major was because, well, there was a freakin' ursa major in front of her and she darn well wasn't defeating it. And I think she just ran away because she couldn't stand the sight of the town anymore. Why would you stick around the place you just humiliated yourself at?

Now, I'm not saying she's less likely to come back or anything. I'm just saying, well, she's not morally superior to Gilda in any way. Personally, I'd like to see them both reappear at some point. Griffons are cool, yo.

19. - Top - End - #319

Edit - Dash Related Ships tend to be the ones that feel more supported by the show, for me. Appledash and Flutterdash, in particular. The Apple-Pie pics someone posted earlier were quite cute though.
    I find myself stuck between Twinkie Pie and ApplePie. Both just work for me for some reason.

Also love reading any shipping story, as long as it's a good one.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

I think a large part of the reason that I support the pairing stems from the fact that their personalities seem to complement each other very well, with Big Macintosh being the one stallion in Ponyville that doesn't completely terrify Fluttershy, and Fluttershy's quiet, kind demeanor being a welcome change of pace from the three loud, stubborn mares Big Macintosh lives with (I've headcannoned a statement made by Lauren Faust that Big Macintosh's quietness is essentially a defense mechanism developed from living with Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith).

I'll agree that the quietness/shyness of the two is an obstacle to overcome (much like the age/species differences in RarityxSpike), but I just see that as a challenge that a good shipfic should address, rather than a reason to dismiss the ship outright.
    Have they actually interacted on screen at all? How do you know she doesn't terrify Fluttershy to the same degree as any other relatively strange pony?

And honestly I would classify Applejack and Applebloom as normal when it comes to loudness. They are active sure, but most of the time they don't talk any more then any other pony.

Fluttershy is her own kind of stubborn. Rarity knows how to manipulate Fluttershy to get around it (which is why RariShy makes me nervous) but she be stubborn as well. (Though never as bad as Applejack)

I suppose it is one obstacle. But a big one that isn't helped by their total lack of common ground to help overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    For whatever it may be worth... I used to be shy. I have no idea exactly what changed, but now I'm not - but I am still quiet. And it seems to me that Big Macintosh is much the same way - not shy, but quiet. And for me, awkward silence is not a common thing, no matter whom I am or am not with.

How it might feel to Fluttershy, I wouldn't want to say at this point.
    Hasn't he been called shy directly in show? By her own sister as well. I believe it was the Hearts and Hooves Day episode. From that episode he did seem to be pretty shy. Other then that the only time we've seen him talk is to close family members (who don't count for the quiet over shy argument.) and when he's been angry (nothing better then outrage to get over being shy, at least for a bit.)

As for Trixie's return I still say they missed a golden opportunity with her. She should have returned for the Mysterious Mare Do Well instead of having to teach Rainbow Dash a lesson. That alone would have fixed that episode for me.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Have they actually interacted on screen at all? How do you know she doesn't terrify Fluttershy to the same degree as any other relatively strange pony?

And honestly I would classify Applejack and Applebloom as normal when it comes to loudness. They are active sure, but most of the time they don't talk any more then any other pony.

Fluttershy is her own kind of stubborn. Rarity knows how to manipulate Fluttershy to get around it (which is why RariShy makes me nervous) but she be stubborn as well. (Though never as bad as Applejack)

I suppose it is one obstacle. But a big one that isn't helped by their total lack of common ground to help overcome it.

Hasn't he been called shy directly in show? By her own sister as well. I believe it was the Hearts and Hooves Day episode. From that episode he did seem to be pretty shy. Other then that the only time we've seen him talk is to close family members (who don't count for the quiet over shy argument.) and when he's been angry (nothing better then outrage to get over being shy, at least for a bit.)

As for Trixie's return I still say they missed a golden opportunity with her. She should have returned for the Mysterious Mare Do Well instead of having to teach Rainbow Dash a lesson. That alone would have fixed that episode for me.
    I'm not sure that would have worked out well, a big part of that episode was about figuring out who MDW was, and Trixie isn't subtle enough to use a disguise.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-10 at 09:35 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Plants grow, dude.
    *Points at Thanqol in dramatic fashion.*

I know that, but there's something more to it. I just know it.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *Points at Thanqol in dramatic fashion.*

I know that, but there's something more to it. I just know it.
    You're one of those ponies that modded Aerith back into FFVII after she got stabbed, aren't you?

Oh and regarding Gilda, I actually think she could come back if something dangerous was going on in Ponyville and they needed the griffons' help for some reason. Even though Dash got rid of her before, there could be a great scene with it.

Dash: Wait, why did come back? I thought you said I was lame.
    Gilda: Dude, it was important. I haven't forgotten all those years, even if you do hang out with lame friends. *Zips off*
    Dash: *smiles and follows*
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I'm not sure that would have worked out well, a big part of that episode was about figuring out who MDW was, and Trixie isn't subtle enough to use a disguise.
    Oh no you misunderstand me, though to be fair I wasn't very clear.

She should have replaced Rainbow Dash in that episode and should have been rushing around saving ponies then being arrogant about it. Then Rainbow Dash joins the Mane 6 on the whole Mare Do Well thing.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

I very much feel gilda should be gone forever.
    not all friendships last, not all relationships can be mended, that story is over.

trixies has a whole world of things she could have learned and done. seeing her come back would be more interesting.

also, something is definitely up with tikisnakes' avatar. one does not create a linear progression of avatars without cause. what it means, i have no idea, but it means something.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I would be okay with Gilda returning, with the reservation that something exciting would have to happen.

Also, I kind of want to see Gilda and Rainbow Dash beat the tar out of each other. Black belt who can call down sonic strikes vs. massive griffin! This would be an official jump the shark moment of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

27. - Top - End - #327

I would be okay with Gilda returning, with the reservation that something exciting would have to happen.

Also, I kind of want to see Gilda and Rainbow Dash beat the tar out of each other. Black belt who can call down sonic strikes vs. massive griffin! This would be an official jump the shark moment of course.
    OR:

Ponyville is hosting a gigantic arial race, with the winner getting some sort of prize (Possibly Wonderbolt-related). Dash know's that Rainbooming is not alowed, but neverless trains her hardest. However, just when she think's she got's it in the bag, the only living thing she knows that can match her flying speed shows up: Gilda.

Also, I suspect that Ponythid's spirit lies in that tree, manipulating it like a ghostly bonzi plant.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OR:

Ponyville is hosting a gigantic arial race, with the winner getting some sort of prize (Possibly Wonderbolt-related). Dash know's that Rainbooming is not alowed, but neverless trains her hardest. However, just when she think's she got's it in the bag, the only living thing she knows that can match her flying speed shows up: Gilda.

Also, I suspect that Ponythid's spirit lies in that tree, manipulating it like a ghostly bonzi plant.
    ORregon:

The Griffin's and the Pegasi were once ancient enemies (why the Pegasi were so militant in the past), each claiming control of the sky. This is why Gilda could land on clouds; Griffin's have the same weather powers as Pegasi. Every ten years they compete as a remembrance to their ancient battles. For some reason Princess Celestia asks Rainbow Dash to compete, and she finds that her opponent is Gilda. The competition takes the form of an extremely long distance race, meant to take weeks and stretch the endurance and cunning of the competitors.

But the real point of the race is that it is utterly impossible alone. The purpose of the competition is to teach the new generation's leaders that the two of them need cooperation to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You're one of those ponies that modded Aerith back into FFVII after she got stabbed, aren't you?
    To be fair, she had better limit breaks than anyone else in the game. Temporary invincibility? Yes please. I am such a pony.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-09-10 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Never played a single Final Fantasy game in my life, so I wouldn't know who this "Aerith" person is.

So no, I'm not one of those ponies.

30. - Top - End - #330

ORregon:

The Griffin's and the Pegasi were once ancient enemies (why the Pegasi were so militant in the past), each claiming control of the sky. This is why Gilda could land on clouds; Griffin's have the same weather powers as Pegasi. Every ten years they compete as a remembrance to their ancient battles. For some reason Princess Celestia asks Rainbow Dash to compete, and she finds that her opponent is Gilda. The competition takes the form of an extremely long distance race, meant to take weeks and stretch the endurance and cunning of the competitors.

But the real point of the race is that it is utterly impossible alone. The purpose of the competition is to teach the new generation's leaders that the two of them need cooperation to be successful.
    ......Arrrg, now I have a need to write!
    Show