New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    ......Arrrg, now I have a need to write!
    Do it! Go, write brilliant works of fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    ORregon: <-please ignore that I put two R's in my states name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

I need a good pony curse. To place in the blank:

Wait, what the ____ was that?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Never played a single Final Fantasy game in my life, so I wouldn't know who this "Aerith" person is.

So no, I'm not one of those ponies.
    he means you don't accept death well.

aerith is a primary love interest from that game, she dies in what is one of the most memoirable characters deaths in videogame history.
    there are apparently people who can't deal with that and mod her back in?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

Windigo, caballus, withers.

I rather like "What the withers was that?"
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-09-10 at 10:20 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

"buck" is the traditional one in the fandom.
    "what the hay" is another
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    "buck" is the traditional one in the fandom.
    "what the hay" is another
    I never liked buck, because it makes Applejack's job sound terrible.

EDIT: Speaking of which
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Merellis; 2012-09-10 at 10:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337

he means you don't accept death well.

aerith is a primary love interest from that game, she dies in what is one of the most memoirable characters deaths in videogame history.
    there are apparently people who can't deal with that and mod her back in?
    I was just starting to like that tentacle pony thingy, and then it went & got murdered.

Also, I looked up this Aerith lady. She seemed nice. Can't say I miss her since I didn't get to know her. *Shrug.*
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

How about Tart? (Short for Tartarus) Nope, totally haven't been waiting for a chance to introduce that.
    I'm also fond of using Sun and Moon as an expletive, though that lends itself more to "in the name of Sun and Moon" type swearing.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Trixie is...a liar who humiliated a handful of ponies on stage for what apperently was her own amusement (not a bit was scene near her wagon).
    sigh.....
    she was putting a trio of hecklers in their place
    not 10 seconds into her show and those 3 started in with the loud negative comments
    go look for some videos of hecklers at shows by don rickles(or basically any comedian)((early tom hanks didnt take guff from hecklers either))..he DESTROYS them
    --i got to see Andrew Dice Clay perform in San Diego..some jarhead started heckling figuring that he couldn't top what a drill sergeant says to you in basic..that marine ran out crying a few minutes later

she is a traveling showmare...
    the 3rd person speaking and outrageous tales of past deeds is part and parcel of her act
    --are you more likely to spend your time and bits to go see
    A) regular magic tricks performed by the plain and ordinary Steve
    or
    B) Never before seen feats of ASTOUNDING MAGIC performed by The Great & Powerful Trixie! *fireworks & music*

But wait you say..it wasn't an act..she was the same way at her trailer with snips & snails
    and the reason for that is that travelling performers(using old Vaudeville as a guide since its closest to the situation) were always ON while out on the road
    they relied mostly on word of mouth to get butts in the audience for later shows in same town..and for performing in the next town over
    so it wouldnt do to say, go grocery shopping in plain clothes and a 5 oclock shadow..no, they would go to the grocery in full costume and do minor tricks while shopping to maintain the act

as for the "not a bit was seen"
    she was performing in the town square(round?)..you cant exactly charge admission there..like a street performer today..you do your show and then pass the hat hoping to get donations..and we did not see the end of the show
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-09-10 at 11:17 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Narmy? Yes. Strange? Yesser?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Narmy? Yes. Strange? Yesser?

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome? Yessest?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Ponycraft 2.

Need medical attention? Shy has you covered.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just dropping to say that the last panel of this comic is too adorably cute, and shall grace my desktop shortly.

In other news, I just got Diabeetus for the thirtieth time.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-11 at 12:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

*Points at Thanqol in dramatic fashion.*

I know that, but there's something more to it. I just know it.
    No, not really. I'm just keeping a plant in my avatar space for a while.

also, something is definitely up with tikisnakes' avatar. one does not create a linear progression of avatars without cause. what it means, i have no idea, but it means something.
    I like making avatars? Perhaps it goes as far as being a tribute.

Also, I suspect that Ponythid's spirit lies in that tree, manipulating it like a ghostly bonzi plant.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

I know the thread's going to love and tolerate me for suggesting this, but part of me wants to see you convince Aotrs Commander to kill the plant.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I know the thread's going to love and tolerate me for suggesting this, but part of me wants to see you convince Aotrs Commander to kill the plant.
    I will support you in this endeavour.

Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Does that seal say "We trust in the hammer?"

17. - Top - End - #347
    Banned

Well, we do.

Although I think it's an idea as lacking in class as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Uuuh.

I think I more or less follow.
    I don't think I'm really trying to correct or acheive anything. I'm not sure I approve of people confusing Evil and Cool, but my opinion on the subject doesn't really matter a whole lot.

And if someone goes to the trouble of putting together an utterly Evil OC, it seems appropriate to be at least a little horrified by them. Surely, after all, that's the point? But again, see above.
    You're missing a key component that I've acknowledged, but tends to get swept under by the deluge of words.

Spoiler
    Show

When I'm in this mindset, it's an incomplete one.

Yes, if he made an Evil OC, it would be appropriate to respond to that. If people commit evil do the sake of bein cool, they should be called out on that, I'd you're the warning before acting type. And your opinion does matter. We are in an arena of opinion, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    It was part of discussion as to a cancelled Big Macintosh episode on her DA account.

Relevant post here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting. Thank you.

*Crashes into thread. Dusts self off. Points @ Tiki Snakes.*

TIKI, YOUR AVATAR PLANT THING CHANGED. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
    The march of time? Ask an Acanthus.

Also! *throws a small rock at you* your getting sick sucked! Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhh

She certainly seemed to mean harm to me. She was mean-spirited, egotistical, self-assured and powerful enough to make fools of everyone. Your interpretation of her assumes she's some sort of wallflower in disguise; hiding her insecurity behind a veneer of self-confidence. I'd like to say that I think she was just self-confident, and the reason why she admitted to not being able to defeat the ursa major was because, well, there was a freakin' ursa major in front of her and she darn well wasn't defeating it. And I think she just ran away because she couldn't stand the sight of the town anymore. Why would you stick around the place you just humiliated yourself at?

Now, I'm not saying she's less likely to come back or anything. I'm just saying, well, she's not morally superior to Gilda in any way. Personally, I'd like to see them both reappear at some point. Griffons are cool, yo.
    Otakuryuga covers it in detail, but there is esry reason to believe that Trixie is less of broodmare, and really just sensationalist, like a lot of comedians and performers.

"Flick". Having your horn flicked is egregious, irritating, and rude.
    "Hay". Canonical version of heck.

You coul also drop the American, and instead of the vulgar interrogative use te vulgar affirmation. Flick, buck, hay, horse apples, pony feathers, moonlight, sunlight, etc. as statements work well where they flounder as questions. I stead of;

"What the thing was that?"

You could use;

"Thing! What was that?"

-

Spoiler
    Show
    "Are you okay with this?" he asks. His tone carries more to it, a sort of begging. An admittance of failing? Hope for absolution?

She shivers. The suit wasn't designed for such sustained exposure. Already she had to adjust it's output, keep her air going at the expense of comfortable heat. Wondering about that had kept her from going quietly insane, these last few hours. "Y-y-yeah. It actually w-works-s-s in or f-favor. I can get some readings. her teeth chattering, she closes her eyes. Why the hay not? Her horn begins to low, lightly. Extending her right forehoof toward her goal, a softly luminescent orange sheathe forming over it, ticking away after some moments with lines and charts. "Quick scan, dirty, shows we've got two hours. Three on the outside. I can't do any more. Too risky."

Gerry stares at his hoof in shock, the distant, tinny statements grinding his heart to a cold, icy stop. "...Schema! No! We can't risk you falling any further way?! What is wrong with you?!"

"We needed to know. You know that." Schema sighs. "I don't want to here it. Do your job, I'll do mine. I don't want to have to take this thing off." she said distantly. Business. Always business with her.

No response. He must hve known she meant it. Now all she had to do was wait... One way or another. She hadn't said anything, but the work had knocked her askew. Her orbit wasn't stable, and the strange, white winged block of metal was now a good couple of meters above her. Mocking her. She sighs one more time, a deep, relaxing release from from deep in her chest. Perhaps I should invest in some heat. Be comfortable when things get... Decisive. She sets herself onto a slight mid axial spin, stopping it with a few subtle shifts and tweaks, lounging on her back amidst the blue sky of distant Equestria. Now I wonder how I'm losing heat, way out here? Isn't that the opposite of what one expects in a vacuum?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Are you saying you don't?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And it seems to me that Big Macintosh is much the same way - not shy, but quiet.
    OBJECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

These are all very good. I love the asian dresses there. Very stylish.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Sweetie and Fluttershy one is also super cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You're one of those ponies that modded Aerith back into FFVII after she got stabbed, aren't you?
    ಠ_ಠ

Aeris.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    "Flick". Having your horn flicked is egregious, irritating, and rude.
    *snerk*
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I agree, but I don't think Trixie should ever be brought back to be redeemed. She's already perfect in every way.
    This. Thisthisthis so freaking much. I do not care for repentant or more mature or sad or anything Trixie. I want the great and powerful megalomaniacal jerk that I fell in love with, dammit!

The "just an act" theory might be awesome, but it depends entirely on who's behind the curtain, so to speak.

And that's why Trixie would make sense as a returning character. Gilda? Gilda does seem to have the power of being a jerk. Even to Dash, even before it really goes wrong for her, she is dismissive and controlling, (with a side of needy) and there's no hint in the show that it would ever have been a different dynamic.
    Gilda has the same sort of "hollow" as Trixie and it can be filled in the same way. She's just insecure and fears losing Dash to her new, cooler friends and covers it with a wall of bluster, not-so-passive aggression and possessiveness. Bo-oring.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    ಠ_ಠ

Aeris.
    Thank you.
    Truth resists simplicity.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Colossus in the Playground

ಠ_ಠ

Aeris.
    I think you mean Earisu.

22. - Top - End - #352

Ah, because a young filly is definitely going to pick up on all the emotional subtleties. And feel like explaining them, if necessary, to her boisterous companion.

I mean, it's possible I'm wrong, but you haven't convinced me yet.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Spamalot in the Playground

Ah yes these. I think my favs are Rarity's and Pinkie's units. Rarity especially, it just seemd so appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Trixie has the potential for depth. She wasn't mean in the sense like Gilda, stealing things, and screaming at people.
    She's like Pre-friendship Twilight in a way. Likely has no real friends, but where Twilight just stayed secluded in her books Trixie keeps showing off to win the admiration of people (And in the episode, she does admit to latter).

Trixie, whatever else you think, is a character that is much easier to justify returning or even meeting elsewhere. In fact, as a travelling pony, she could literally happen to be in any location the Mane 6 visit without it being anything more than a mild coincidence.
    Like say... Crystal Kingdom?

(oh, nice update to your avi, btw)
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Are you saying you don't?
    Errr ... noo no no nononononono! Of COURSE I do. In fact, it was merely my awe at seeing that motto earlier that had me temporaraly speechless!!!

Ohcelestiapleasedon'tsendmetothemoon......

25. - Top - End - #355
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    How about Tart? (Short for Tartarus)
    Well now that makes Mr. and Mrs. Cakes' job dubious.

Pumpkin Cake: "Issa Tart!"
    Mrs. Cake: "Watch your language, young filly!"

I do like flick though. I'm going to try that with Trixie in the next RPG session and see if it works.

This might be appropriate once Season 3 starts up:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-09-11 at 06:55 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

I posted this in the AH.com Ponythread and thought I'd post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    How about Suited For Success? The premise is that a pretty pony wants to make pretty dresses for all her pretty pony friends so they can go to the pretty pony party. Also, there's a song about making pretty dresses. That sounds like something from the depths of G3.5. How could it not suck?

Yet here we are.
    Since Faust isn't running the show, since Hasbro seems to be navigating the series, and now with the 'northern kingdom' bull****.. I have nearly lost faith in MiP. (Also the Crystal Kingdom artwork does not inspire faith in whomever is taking care of artwork. It also points to somebody 'reinvisioning' the artwork direction. Either the idiots don't follow the internet and do not understand how changing the magic is bad, or they are trying to piss off non-little girl demo that watches MiP. We need to wait to see if the worst case scenario is true but...)

Sorry.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 2012-09-11 at 07:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post

Since Faust isn't running the show, since Hasbro seems to be navigating the series, and now with the 'northern kingdom' bull****.. I have nearly lost faith in MiP. (Also the Crystal Kingdom artwork does not inspire faith in whomever is taking care of artwork. It also points to somebody 'reinvisioning' the artwork direction. Either the idiots don't follow the internet and do not understand how changing the magic is bad, or they are trying to piss off non-little girl demo that watches MiP. We need to wait to see if the worst case scenario is true but...)

Sorry.
    There are no bad ideas, only bad execution. Season two started off pretty shaky, and we came to love it in time. My suggestion is just relax. If season three is good, then you benefit. And if it's not, you don't lose anything. It's still a good series up to that point.

It's so much easier to get uptight and judge though. Things are easier when you relax, sit back and just enjoy the ride. I know that season two, and even parts of season one, I had one watch through, curing and Justine as heck, because the Internet requires dissection. And then, whenever I go back to watch a second time it's just fun. Pouring over the animation, watching the shout outs and jokes in the background, remembering the history, that's one thing. But just siting back and enjoying the series, well. Winter Wrap Up still makes me tear up.

Don't sweat it. Have fun. It's cool.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

We need to wait to see if the worst case scenario is true but...)
    But nothing, really. If it sucks, it'll suck and we will be sad. If it's awesome it'll be awesome and we will do this face. The season's finished, worrying about it changes exactly nothing about it and just puts you in a bad mood now. Keep calm and carry on with the pony!
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Colossus in the Playground

Here is a thing. It has Skyrim, insanity, and ponies.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry.
    Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about Season 3, even with Hasbro's increasing involvement. Keep in mind, by the Season 2 finale, Lauren Faust's involvement with the show was already minimal, and yet Studio B was able to take Hasbro's demands for a 45 minute commercial for their wedding playset and turn it into something awesome. Also, the quality of the official promotional artwork for the show has always been terrible, so I wouldn't use that as evidence of anything. Finally, given the actions Hasbro has been taking recently (the S1 DVDs, the Favorite's collection, the special blind bag 3 packs), I'd say it's clear that the executives at Hasbro have finally realized that the brony phenomenon can be monetized, which means they're unlikely to do something that would alienate their new sources of revenue.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show