Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1450
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hoverfrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Ever Barrowfoot rowed into the dock at the small port west of Alkton. A harbour hand waved him to a space where there was an empty bollard to tie up to.

    On the other oar, Devka Thorn, was regretting leaving the solitude of Small East but somehow Ever and the little dark skinned man, Nygdath, had convinced him that they needed his help. Their other passenger was the priest, Bula Mistwalker. He had hailed them as they passed Dead South and insisted that they take him to Alkton. He'd said little since then, the boat journey being cramped and ill-humoured for the most part.

    After paying the harbour fee for the day and fending off the merchant who wanted to buy whatever they were shipping the four started the uphill walk to the busy town of Alkton. Before they'd even got a hundred yards the road became too crowed to move and too noisy to hear what the trouble was. Taking initiative from a child in a nearby tree they clamber up for a better view of the obstruction and see a huge cage on the back of a wagon. Inside is a miserable looking creature, a giant of some kind.

    The giant is talking to a horse that is following the wagon faithfully. It is a breed fabled for it's size, too large to ride for a halfling but suitable as a working animal. They are not uncommon in the Twains but rare here in Old Alk. Standing next to the cage is a frail looking halfling with a black raven on his shoulder trying desperately to be heard over the shouted questions of the crowd.

    The driver nudges the pony pulling the cart to move through the crowd and eventually they disperse enough for him to trundle up the road to the town proper. Some of the crowd follows curiously but the man with the raven's only answer to their questions is "Graorin hasn't done anything wrong."

    The press of people turn back about a mile up the road when a group of six guards in studded leather jerkins and the sigil eye of Alkton watch are seen marching from the guardhouse sporting quarterstaves. Their uniforms are pristine though they look a little overwhelmed. When the cart is close by the captain, fat, red faced and sweating in the hot morning sun, blusters, "What is this? What is the meaning of this? Are you trying to start a riot?"

    There's a brief exchange between the driver and the captain before he orders everyone in the group, merchants, stragglers, innocent bystanders and all to form up and follow him. He shouts down the protests and steers his men to keep "the rabble" in line.

    Captain Rosby marches the group to the courthouse and ushers them in to see Alkton's mayor, Tomas Justicar III. He is seated on a raised platform administering justice and listening to appeals from the public. "Ben, lately of Old Alk, I find you innocent of the charges levelled against you on the grounds of insufficient evidence. Be warned that the watch will keep a close eye on you in future and if there is any repeat of this sort of trouble then you are sure to be a suspect," his scowl is supposed to be fearsome but Young Ben cannot help feel amused at getting away with another scam even if it was a close call.

    He turns to a tall young man with black eyes, "I find you guilty of the crime of petty theft, Kevst of Alkton. Again! What am I to do with you? If I send you to the orphanage again you will simply run away, if I exile you then you will become the bane of another isle. I've a mind to apprentice you..." his train of thought is obviously cut off when the crowd barges into the court room, "What? What's this noise? Silence in court!"

    Fixing the pudgy captain with a disapproving scowl he calls for an explanation. Captain Rosby splutters an apology and begins to describe how he saw a riot forming on Harbour Road and went to investigate, he finishes with "We've also captured this monster, sir" as the human is brought before the mayor.

    "Well?" he inquires of the group before him.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2012-09-09 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Just added Athedru's colour text
    Current status: Back to normal. If you can call this normal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I now cycle 22 miles a day. If I stop posting it probably means that someone ran me off the road. Watch out for cyclists. We're squishy.

    Extended signature

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vesth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "He's not a monster, he's not!" shouted the frail and scrawny halfling indignantly, though his weakness shows clear in his voice, while the raven squawked in approval to the Athedru. It can speak, but revealing this particular ability right now wouldn't help their case any.

    I wonder if my parents are here...will they help? Athedru wondered, his eyes subconsiously scanning the crowd.
    Avatar made by Matthias2207


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Ever Barrowfoot

    To Ever, Alkton sure seems to be a bustling place, a jarring shift from the tranquility of the water. He takes in the size of the captured giant.
    Big. Strong. Could take three small folk, easy. Tough catch.

    But 'not a monster'?


    Confused, Ever glances toward his companions, checking their reactions. Surely Nygdath, the escaped slave, would have something to say soon. He silently catches the barbarian Devka's eye, with a familiar look of uncertainty.
    I exist again! But I just keep myself too busy to partake in any games..

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dancing Shadows's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Trapped in my own mind

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Devka Thorn

    Unacustomed to being near so many halflings at one time, Devka is uncomfortable
    How did i get myself roped into this?

    not much interested in the affairs of his race, he turns his attention to the giant. He catches Ever's eye and frowns for a moment, trying to figure out what to make of the giant. Then shrugs, unsure what he thinks of all this, and turns away with an uneasy look in his eye.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abergavenny, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Young Ben

    Thankful to have escaped justice this time I really will need to be more careful next time, I was distracted by that kid working his mark. Ben thinks to himself.

    Unable to resist the chance to get one over on the establishment he calls out to the magistrate:

    "Your Honour, in light of my wrongful inprisonment and as a form of restitution on behalf of the city I am willing to take this young man on as my apprentice, I'll teach him everything I know so that he can make his way in the world and keep him out of trouble." Hopefully! he added to himself."The extra income he brings in will go some way to address the losses I suffered by way of availing myself of your kind hospitality."

    To Kevst he whispers "play along kid, we'll be out of here in no time."

    Spoiler
    Show
    bluff/diomacy (same modifier) on the magistrate (1D20+7)[15]
    Last edited by Delia2531; 2012-09-08 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Getting the colours to work properly!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OzzyKP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Takoma Park, MD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    What a wild day, Kevst thought, first this Ben guy moves in on his mark, fouling it all up and getting both of them caught. Then HE gets off and I'M the one who gets found guilty. Now this slimy punk wants to make me his 'apprentice'. *sigh* Whatever... as long as he can convince ol' Mayor Tomas to let me go I guess I'll play along.

    Kevst keeps quiet, but subtly nods toward Ben, indicating he'll go along with it.

    Also, why the heck is Athedru in the court? Is he... defending that giant in the cage? Where did this monster come from? And how does Athedru know it? What a crazy day....

    Kevst notices Athedru looking around the courtroom, he tries to meet the gaze of his friend and offers a quick wave with a look on his face that says "What the heck are you doing here?"
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2012-09-08 at 04:14 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Graorin gives the mayor the same sullen look he's been giving the driver. Since the day Athedru first told him about the raiding slavers he'd expected something like this would eventually happen, but that doesn't mean he likes it. It also doesn't mean he was very prepared for it - none of his prepared spells would be too useful right now.

    So for now he merely folds his arms and waits to hear what they have to say.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Nygdaths first reaction to the giant is to hide. Maybe he does not want to be seen? His eyes are full of fear, as if the captured person could harm him even in this situation. It takes a moment before he founds his confidence back.

    "Powerfull their magic is, no doubt. Their minds are full of evil tricks and cunning. But they do enslave their own kind, too. Was this one captured raiding the islands?"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abergavenny, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Noticing that he kid appears to know one of the others in court, Ben is suddenly aware that he may be caught in the middle of something larger and immediately begins to look for a personal advantage.

    The kid met his eye to play along, but Ben has no intention of running with a partner never mind an apprentice!

    I just need to get back on the streets and hit a few marks. He thinks, I don't need to get caught up in anything else, but maybe, just maybe, I can get a piece of anything that goes down.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hoverfrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    The fat watch captain was whispering with the man who brought the prisoner here. At Nygdath's question he fumbles at his uniform and steps forward. He seems somewhat embarrassed, "The cart driver has just informed me that he was found in a cave on the other side of Old Alk, if it please your honour."

    "He was probably spying," he blurts out before turning back to the cart driver and resumes their whispered argument.
    Current status: Back to normal. If you can call this normal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I now cycle 22 miles a day. If I stop posting it probably means that someone ran me off the road. Watch out for cyclists. We're squishy.

    Extended signature

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vesth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Athedru looked around, astonished to see one of his few real friends, and one of the fewer that had known who he really is.

    "Kevst! This giant is innocent! I'm trying to protect him...what are you doing here? Did you get caught?"

    Hearing the comment captain comment about Graorin, his head snapped back, and he quickly looked to the judge with pleading eyes.

    "Sir, he didn't do anything! He's a good guy...and he saved me years ago! A good person like him can't be a spy, he can't!"
    Avatar made by Matthias2207


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OzzyKP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Takoma Park, MD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Kevst was hoping to signal to Athedru subtly, drawing more attention to himself was the last thing he wanted. Tomas already had it out for him, he certainly didn't want any association with the giant to further tarnish his already dismal reputation. But now everyone knew that Athedru and Kevst knew each other. Such an association would only hurt them both, and the big lug in the cage.

    Kevst didn't know what to think about whether the giant was a spy or innocent. Honestly, he didn't really care about him either way. Kevst just wanted to get the heck out of this courtroom that was rapidly becoming a circus. But... he was still in chains and was not going anywhere.

    Unlike Ben, he had no gift for gab. He wasn't going to try and negotiate with the Mayor, nor did he think it was a good idea to respond to his friend. Kevst just kept his mouth shut and tried to slump down in his chair.
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2012-09-08 at 11:15 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Shotaro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    By my PC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "Has anyone actually questioned him?"

    The priest in the corner had finally decided to speak. Stepping forward to announce his presence and bowing lightly before the Mayor.

    "Don't misunderstand me, if he is a spy then he should be hanged once we have built sturdy enough apparatus. But has anyone thought to actually ask him? He doesn't look a smart creature, surely someone here would be able to discern a lie?"
    Last edited by Shotaro; 2012-09-09 at 12:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik View Post
    Most arguments start something like,
    WF=Wizard Fanboy

    OP: I have this idea for feat X.
    WF: Wizard pwns your build.
    *Seven page argument about Wizards winning.*
    Quoted for truth


    This statement is a lie

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Graorin glances over at the priest. "Hmph," he murmurs to himself. He'll hold off on showing appreciation before he sees just how far said priest's enlightened attitude extends, what with the backhanded insult. Privately, meanwhile, he wishes Athedru would be less... effusive. You're not helping any, kid, he thinks to himself. (Even after eight years as his friend it's still hard not to instinctively think of the halflings as children, merely due to their size. Which, of course, makes his potential death at their hands that much worse.)
    Last edited by Avi235&258; 2012-09-09 at 12:30 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hoverfrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    The mayor agrees effusively with the cleric, "Yes, quite right. Well, giant, are you spying for these invaders that we've heard about? How long have you been sneaking about exactly?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a point of fact the slavers appeared only a few months ago, news about them is just reaching the southern isles.
    He turns to Athedru, "Did you just say years ago?" then back to Graorin "If you've been here years then this is more than just pirates raiding. Are you plotting a full scale invasion? Explain yourself. Where did you come from? What is it that you want with us?" Not waiting for an answer he points at Nygdath, "You there, how do you know about these monsters?"

    It is clear that the mayor is out of his depth from the way he is jumping from one person to another. The expression on his face is close to panic. Rumour of giants is one thing but having one dumped in his court room is something else entirely.
    Current status: Back to normal. If you can call this normal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I now cycle 22 miles a day. If I stop posting it probably means that someone ran me off the road. Watch out for cyclists. We're squishy.

    Extended signature

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Graorin purses his lips and says nothing. Protestations of innocence work a lot better if the person is actually paying attention to you. He'll wait.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vesth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "He saved me! He saved me! I was going to die, and he saved me! If he wants to kill us, why would he do that?!" Athedru said frantically, gesturing to himself.

    "Graorin! Say something, please....."
    Avatar made by Matthias2207


  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Assuming Athedru is near enough his cage, Graorin leans over and murmurs, "I'll say something when he's ready to listen," gesturing to the mayor, whose attention is bouncing around the room like a ferret.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abergavenny, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "your honour, I can see that you are a busy man this morning; if you can just release my young apprentice here" gesturing to Kevst "we'll get out of your way."

    Looking round the room, Ben tries to get a feel for what is going on and what is about to happen.




    Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy check to influence the Mayor (1d20+7)[26]
    Sense motive checks for around the room:
    (1d20+3)[6]
    (1d20+3)[5]
    (1d20+3)[8]
    (1d20+3)[15]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    My island was raided years ago, and stoneshapers have been stolen since then. I was one of them, brought to a place they called the black pit to work beneath the ground. That's how I know about them, learned their tongue and the songs of the stolen.


    Once he has found a way to overcome the fear, the giant creates in him Nygdath speaks with a sure and clear voice, deeper than his age might suggest and with a light different accentuation of the words. He does not comes from the islands, that's for sure.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Shotaro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    By my PC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "Your honour I must protest, conducting two trials at once is causing unnecessary confusion. It may be worth your while to deal with one thing at a time rather than trying to do two at once. The giant has yet to answer your question because he can see you are not interested, might I suggest you focus on the denizens of our own lands first then we can all focus our attention on this outsider? There are claims after all that he has aided one of our own, I fear his situation may be more complex than first thought."

    The priest sits and quickly, subtlely smiles at the giant before looking back at the mayor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik View Post
    Most arguments start something like,
    WF=Wizard Fanboy

    OP: I have this idea for feat X.
    WF: Wizard pwns your build.
    *Seven page argument about Wizards winning.*
    Quoted for truth


    This statement is a lie

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hoverfrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Tomas Justicar III, Lord Mayor, Sheriff and Magistrate of Alkton bangs his gavel loudly for order even though there doesn't seem to be a reason for him to do so. Given the chance to respond to something that he can deal with he nods in appreciation to Bula Mistwalker and then answers Young Ben's suggestion with relish "Agreed. Kevst of Alkton is released as Ben of Alkton's apprentice to serve for a minimum of two years under his guidance. Any crimes committed in this time must be paid for by the master," he looks a little concerned for Young Ben, "Are you sure that you want to do this?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as Young Ben is concerned nobody is trying to conceal anything. Everyone is being truthful.

    After Ben responds he nods and signals the Bailiff to release them both though the doors to the courtroom are still closed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that Young Ben nods or something. If you change your mind he asks if anyone else is willing to take on an apprentice.

    Once that has been dealt with he thanks Nygdath, clearly relieved to have control again. "Sir, the character of these invaders is as vital as information about their plans. Are you willing to teach their language to others and to provide what you know so that we can prepare? Do you have anything to say regarding the accused?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess that Nygdath is willing to teach Common to anyone and to provide the information requested but is unable to provide anything specific about Graorin.

    He waits for a reply before fixing his magisterial gaze on Athedru, "Young man, you seem awfully convinced of this giant's innocence of the charge of spying. Can you explain why? Come up to the witness stand and state your name before giving evidence."

    "Giant, " he says as Athedru is ushered forward, "You will be given an opportunity to defend yourself of this charge once your friend has spoken," he raises his voice so that the whole court room can hear him clearly, "there will be justice here today, not the rule of the mob. Now who stands to accuse this giant of spying and would bear witness against him." This last is acknowledged with silence until Captain Rosby shoves the cart driver forward a step. "Wain o' Waintown Upon the Hill, Sir,"

    "You'll speak last, Wain of Waintown."

    His eyes fall back to the priest, Bula Mistwalker, "Will you act as questioner in this case?" he asks before he points his gavel at Athedru, "Please begin."
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone else wishes to give testimony then you can raise a hand to the magistrate and be called as witnesses. Feel free to free form things about the giants but I'm guessing that Graorin is the first one that most of you have ever seen. Don't be too concerned about taking things in the proper order either.

    The role of questioner is much like an advocate, their task is to find the truth. They pose their own questions or field questions from the witnesses not giving evidence and present them to the court. Typically there is one questioner though both sides may ask for their own as well.

    Essentially this is your opportunity to ask questions of Graorin as a giant who is accused of spying for the slavers and of the other witnesses who are defending and accusing him.

    I'll add something to the OOC about what you already know about the invaders.
    Current status: Back to normal. If you can call this normal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I now cycle 22 miles a day. If I stop posting it probably means that someone ran me off the road. Watch out for cyclists. We're squishy.

    Extended signature

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vesth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Athedru nervously moved to the witness stand, the raven on his shoulder seemingly calming him to an extent.

    "Uhhh....M-my name is Athedru of the Namecarvers, sir." he said, fidgeting a bit, "Eight years ago, my friend saw a giant enter a cave, and they....they forced me to go in! I was so scared! I was lost and I stumbled and I knocked against some rocks and I-"

    The raven rubbed its body against Athedru's face, and he calmed down somewhat.

    "I thought I was going to die...but then he found me and healed me, before telling me how to escape!"' he said earnestly.
    Avatar made by Matthias2207


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Shotaro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    By my PC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "They forced you to go into the cave? But why? Why did they send you specifically into the cave? Were you armed?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope someone contradicts themself I really want to yell OBJECTION! Like I'm Phoenix Wright. I'll roll a sense motive too in my next post
    Last edited by Shotaro; 2012-09-10 at 05:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik View Post
    Most arguments start something like,
    WF=Wizard Fanboy

    OP: I have this idea for feat X.
    WF: Wizard pwns your build.
    *Seven page argument about Wizards winning.*
    Quoted for truth


    This statement is a lie

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vesth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "Th-they said that if I wanted to be their friend, I had to go into the cave. They said that if I'm not their friend, they'll beat me up..." Athedru said softly, his eyes watering slightly. Over the years, he had more or less gotten over the rough patch in his life, but remembering it like this, in such vivid detail...it brought back painful, painful memories.
    Avatar made by Matthias2207


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abergavenny, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Ben nods his agreement to the Mayor and whispers to Kevst "This will all be fine, we only got caught because we were working the same mark; as long as we coordinate our activities it won't happen again."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US (Central Time)

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Ever shakes his head disapprovingly, mumbling, "Bullies." While kids rarely tried to beat him up when he was little, on account of his superior strength, he well remembered how merciless they could be. The bullies had mocked his stupidity repeatedly, setting him up to walk right into verbal jokes he barely understood.

    Ever's opinion of the giant was quickly improving. If he looked after the little guy who was picked on, then he was probably alright.
    I exist again! But I just keep myself too busy to partake in any games..

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Shotaro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    By my PC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    "Did you have a weapon?"
    Last edited by Shotaro; 2012-09-10 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Changed due to poor diplomacy roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik View Post
    Most arguments start something like,
    WF=Wizard Fanboy

    OP: I have this idea for feat X.
    WF: Wizard pwns your build.
    *Seven page argument about Wizards winning.*
    Quoted for truth


    This statement is a lie

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Shotaro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    By my PC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    Dice Roll post.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Sense Motive(1d20+3)[20]
    Diplomacy(1d20+1)[9]

    I meant to put this in the previous post but I forgot, sorry about that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik View Post
    Most arguments start something like,
    WF=Wizard Fanboy

    OP: I have this idea for feat X.
    WF: Wizard pwns your build.
    *Seven page argument about Wizards winning.*
    Quoted for truth


    This statement is a lie

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    hoverfrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

    For the sense motive: Athedru is either an incredibly skilled liar or entirely sincere. It is difficult to fake the raw emotion of recalling painful memories.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone does choose to tell a lie or otherwise deceive the court please make a bluff check in a spoiler. I'll roll a sense motive to oppose it (or you can as individuals). For NPCs reverse this and you should roll sense motive for when you want to determine if someone might be lying and I'll roll a bluff check for you to oppose.
    Current status: Back to normal. If you can call this normal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I now cycle 22 miles a day. If I stop posting it probably means that someone ran me off the road. Watch out for cyclists. We're squishy.

    Extended signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •