New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

Haldis poked his head in after MITCH had entered the room.

"Is it all cl- BY THE GODS!" He exclaimed as he saw the shelves full of books. "Oh my! How extraordinary!" He trailed after the mechanical figure, viewing the shelves, but also keeping an eye out for any hidden dangers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+4)[9]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Searching the shelves MITCH and Haldis find a few useful texts detailing the goddess this temple was made after. (+2 knowledge religion checks on sahaguin deities). The other texts are unfortunately water logged beyond reading. MITCH in his search find s clutch of large embryonic like sacs in the corner of the room. they are clear and slimy in nature.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Time for some knowledge: STABBING

MITCH analyses the embryotic sac Embryo+watery environment=possible amphibous creature....69% chance Sahaguin offspring, course of action: Eradication of all embyros for only a moment then begins to crush them without hesitation.
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #214

Haldis pocketed the book on Sahuagin deities, obviously upset that he wouldn't be able to take any other books with him.

He turned to see golem bent over in the corner.

"MITCH? What are you doing?" He cautiously approached the construct.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-24 at 02:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alexander/Ariel

Having silently followed behind the Professor, MITCH, and Aearhin he seemed a bit hesitant as he noted the actions MITCH began to take. "... If I may, I have to agree. What exactly are you doing? I ... think I kinda get the idea; preventing any possible future threats but ... shouldn't we ensure first that they are even something to worry about? Rather than assume they are from a dangerous species?"
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

6. - Top - End - #216

MITCH stands up with goo covered hands and feet "They are a statistical threat that should be dealt with accordingly, there is no use arguing semantics or philosophy. The hard facts are that these are most likely embyros of Sahaguin thus making them a threat. I am simply eliminating the threat of future violence nothing more. Though if you would like to keep one intact for disection purposes I suppose I can leave a specimen for you. I have read that amphibions also possess a taste which likens to a chicken, if you would like I could save some and prepare them for you at a later time?"
    Blarg...

7. - Top - End - #217

Haldis could only stare at the warblade, completely dumbstruck.

"Eat it...?"

He shook his head brusquely.

"Very well. Keep the last egg intact. I have no intention of dissecting it, however."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

The eggs pop and squish as MITCH does his dirty work on them. with the eggs mostly destroyed MITCH's keen senses detect a scent in the air much like the one that he had from the eggs coming this way.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin had spent some time examening the first room closer, and trying to see where the shute would lead or whether they would be able to climb back up should they go down there. That was why he came to the other room somewhere in the middle of the conversation, having little clue what the others were talking about.

"Eat what??" then noticing the slime in the corner and covering MITCH "Ew, yuk, you guys are not actually thinking of eating that are you?? I don't care what it is, or how nutritional and good for your skin or something, that is slime ... you just don't eat slime, as a rule." A look of revulsion quickly passed his face as he turned away to look at the rest of the room. "That other room had some sort of shute leading down, but I'm not sure where it leads and I don't think we'd be able to get back up. In fact, MITCH might not even fit down there. Did you find anything useful in here?"

10. - Top - End - #220

"We don't eat the offspring of intelligent beings, more like," Haldis said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "MITCH took it upon himself to preemptively rid the world of a few more potentially evil beings," He sighed, then looked up at Aerhin.

"A chute you say? Hm... I wonder where that could possibly lead..." He gazed off into the distance, allowing himself to once again be lost in thought before slowly reeling himself back. "As for ourselves, we have discovered an informative tome on the gods of the Sahuagin. I have not yet taken the liberty of reading it, but I anticipate its content to be quite illuminating,

"In any case, the chute may warrant some investigation. Would you be so kind as to lead me to it, my friend?"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-24 at 05:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Alexander/Ariel

"Actually ... regarding the chute, I may have a way or two that will allow us to investigate it." Nodding as he carefully thought over the plan, he looked back to Aearhin, continuing to think on the smarter ways to go about this. Shifting into another form was something he didn't generally do .... but when he did he was extremely careful with it. It'd limit him to his actions and ways to keep in touch with the others and should there be anything dangerous down there -- it may cost him in the long run if he wasn't in the 'right body', so to speak. "I have the ability to switch into any other form of an animal. I can probably go into something that can fly. Likewise I can summon something to go in my stead if nothing else .... but either way can work."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

12. - Top - End - #222

"A sound plan, Alexander," Haldis said. "For how long are you capable of remaining metamorphosed?"

13. - Top - End - #223

Alexander/Ariel

"Several hours [5 max as it's 1 hr/lv] if needed; though I doubt I will need that much time. So when I'm done, I can ultimately just leave the form and change back. However, I will only be able to do this once for now also so ... if there's any way the chute can somehow be peeked at with some form of light if needed, that may help. That way I can choose and - in case it is needed - stay in a form that will benefit not only myself but the rest of us. I don't generally do this for many reasons but they all add up to one main one. With this ability comes many risks in going through with it." Letting his mind go over forms even before they arrived near the chute, he tried to mentally prepare for the next parts of this temple and how exactly to go about searching it. Thorn could probably accompany him regardless of what he became ... which would be nice. His bite was sometimes more brutal than his own spear.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

14. - Top - End - #224

"That should be more than sufficient," Haldis nodded. "As for your request, I'm afraid I have nothing with which to help you, much to my dismay. I never expected to find myself delving ancient temples on my own time, which is a real shame come to think of it, as I am quite fond of these expeditions... But I digress. I apologize,"

15. - Top - End - #225

MITCH looks at the bewilderment of his peers and thinks on their words, but he detects another presence "Chute, irrelevant, would not fit in said chute and we currently have company coming our way. My olfactory receptors detect an odour similar to the eggs thus it would be logical to assume it is the guardian or mother of these eggs."
    Blarg...

16. - Top - End - #226

"Oh. Well that's just lovely," Haldis said with a sigh as he turned toward the doorway.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Looking at the furnishings in the room Aearhin says: "We should try to prepare some sort of ambush. It is likely we are already discovered, with the noise we are making, but something more defencable would be nice." After saying that he proceeds to flip over a table (or such) and use it as cover while facing the door.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

The approaching creature, or creatures give a strange wet thwacking sound as it moves. Each movement is accented and quite loud as if a large area is being pressed into the ground. Aaerhin's makeshift barricade provides some cover as the beast bounds into view. Slimey skin and large eyes look into the room as it lets out a loud croak.
    Init
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[12]

19. - Top - End - #229

Spoiler
    Show
    Init (1d20+1)[20] come on it's murdering time! Let's gank em before it can cry out, daddy needs some new Sahaguin skin boots!
    Blarg...

20. - Top - End - #230

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[14]

21. - Top - End - #231

Alexander/Ariel

A light chuckle left at Aearhin and MITCH's next words. "Good idea on trying to set up an ambush. But ... sounds like we've been beaten to it." Swallowing a bit nervously, he gripped his own as he got ready to fight.

Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[25]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

"Okay, let's bring it!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[12]

23. - Top - End - #233

Alexander/Ariel

Holding a hand up to the others to signal not to attack just yet, Alex steps forward. Switching between Common and Aquan, he begins speaking to the creature, lowering his head a bit out of respect. "I'm going to guess you are the parent of those eggs. My mechanical friend was very hasty in his actions, yes. But he did it to protect us all, nothing horrid such as malice or anything of the like. Is there anything I can say or do that will allow us to continue searching this temple further while simultaneously avoiding this fight? Or have we gotten way past that point now?" Sending up a silent prayer as he finished, he hoped like hell this had some effect ... preferably the more desired one.

Checks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+3)[13]
    Animal Empathy: (1d20+8)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

The large toad looks at MITCH as you speak, it's throat sac inflating and deflating as it listens to your plea. Beginning to back up the creature leaps high over the table and towards MITCH.

[Charge attack so go ahead for a AoO from MITCH]

25. - Top - End - #235

Mitch looks at the beast and attempts to trip it before it comes in range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack (1d20+10)[23]
    Opposed strength check (1d20+8)[11]

if it is tripped than here is an attack
    (1d20+10)[13]
    damage (2d4+6)[10]
    Blarg...

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfrotunatly the frogs slimey hide merely has MITCH's attack rolling off of it as it continues it's attack

Slam
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[5]
    (1d8+3)[7]

It misses sloping down harmlessly on the floor

init order= Alex, Frog, Mitch, Haldus, Aaerhin,
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2012-10-27 at 01:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

MITCH calls out to Alexander "Master, you've got to give it all ye got, these fishmen will not respond to logic!" MITCH takes a step back and hammers the sahaguin with his weapon, using it more like a blunt object than a slashing tool.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: White Raven Tactics: Alexander (you gets another turn!)
    5 ft step then Mountain Hammer!
    attack (1d20+10)[25]
    damage [roll]2d4+6[/roll
    mountain hammer (2d6)[4]
    Blarg...

28. - Top - End - #238

Spoiler
    Show
    blarg! Rerolling damage (2d4+6)[10]
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #239

Alexander/Ariel

Giving an appreciative nod to MITCH, a low sigh also left. It was still annoying that sometimes talking couldn't do anything. But then again, he should be a bit used to it by now he supposed. Ah well ... it just made times like now even more of a relief that he had chosen a spear as it had reach, something few other melee weapons also had. Thrusting it forward, he aimed to pierce the creature, simultaneously ordering Thorn. "Try to whip at it with your tail!"

Checks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alex's to-hit: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

Thorn's to-hit: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage:(1d12+6)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #240

Beneath the din of battle, Haldis could be heard muttering a steam of words quickly and quietly to himself.

"The creature appears to be of amphibious origin, which would connotate a soft, if rubbery epidermis. Furthermore, there may be weak points left over from a larval period, likely along the neckline due to a transition between gills and lungs. If my hypothesis is correct, then a swift series of strikes to the cervical region would likely result in optimal damage-"

He swung his quarterstaff with full force at the giant frog-creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+2)[12]
    Critical Damage: (2d6+4)[13]