New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

A grinding sound emenates from MITCH, which can be interpreted as a chuckle of sorts. "Someone has daddy issues..." He looks over to the remaining people in the tavern "I think he is suicidal though, he would not last 30 seconds in a fight with me.... does anyone by chance have a puppy or a kitten in their possession, maybe that will improve his mood?....No? Then how about a ...cookie?" The blank stares that answered were enough to cause the construct to shrug and walk out the door behind the other two.
    Blarg...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Rolling up the map Aearhin turns to the bartender. "Would you mind if we borrow your map? It would help us a great deal in finding the temple and we'll bring it back once we're done." Depending on the answer he either puts the map away or gives it back and follows the others out.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

The dwarf nods allowing you to take it. "It's not like it's special to me or nothing, just a old scrap of parchment to me. Hopefully it'll be useful to you all."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haldis gave an uncomfortable look to the other members of the party, before returning his attention to the rogue.

This Tolan is quite the belligerent. He thought to himself. And ignorant too. Nineteen and he already thinks he knows everything... Well, I suppose he's not the only one. The professor gave a wry smile. Now one cannot help but question the circumstances of his upbringing. Poor lad. One day he'll get himself into a situation he simply can't handle. For his sake, I hope I am wrong... He began to zone out again. "Still... I wonder what would have happened if he and MITCH did have an altercation. His smile grew wider. Now that would have been a sight! I wonder what MITCH is capable of...

Suddenly realizing that his mind was wandering, Hal quickly dropped his train of thought and followed after the rest of the party.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

The group now together in the combined thoughts of raiding the temple. The map makes the trip easier as you find yourselves halfway there within hours. The swamp before you seems to have the semblance of a path where a large group of people must have passed through earlier. their tracks are still entrenched in the mud.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

6. - Top - End - #66

MITCH walks in front of everyone with his weapon in his hands Tracks located, description of targets unknown... engaging hunter mode.........mode activated his stance shifts notably and he appears to move as if he was stalking prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switched into Hunter's Senses stance so MITCH has the scent ability... go figure right?
    Blarg...

7. - Top - End - #67

Haldis crouched down to inspect the tracks, but kept finding his attention being drawn back to the hulking construct that stood in front of him.

Is... Is it sniffing the air? Or is this merely an astounding simulacra of the natural process? MITCH really is an amazing fabrication. I wonder what I'd find if I peered inside...

Remembering he was in the middle of examining some footprints, he tried to return his attention to the task at hand. But much to his frustration, he just could not keep his mind off of the golem and what other hidden abilities it may have possessed.

"It appears to be some form of bipedal reptilian humanoid," Haldis stared hard at the tracks, hoping for some minor detail to jump back into his mind. "Judging from the Sahuagin's connection to the temple, I would hazard a guess that this might belong to one or more of them. If, of course, they still remain. I could very well be wrong."
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-11 at 02:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alexander/Ariel

Allowing MITCH to remain in front of the others even when they had all arrived at their current destination, he thought on Haldis' observation and suggestion. "...Possibly. But from what few bits I've heard, they aren't that reckless. Leaving tracks that would easily lead us to them though ..." He mused softly on the idea, unsure what to think on it. It hadn't helped that he really had avoided running into typical underwater enemies that were more natural rivals to his true race. No, he'd endured humans mainly; pirates especially. Aearhin seemed to know much, much more though. That being said, he may know more regarding their habits and such.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Taking a look at the prints Aearhin muzes out loud. "Well, they might be, but I believe sahuagin are uncomfortable outside the water. These print are more likely to belong to lizardmen, I think." He stand up and looks around at their surroundings. "The question that remains is, what are the lizardmen doing here and will they be hostile?"

10. - Top - End - #70

Haldis examined the tracks again. Being wrong stung, but it was better than misleading everyone. He couldn't help but notice the claws.

"The lizardfolk, hm?" He rubbed his chin as he spoke. "That would make much more sense. I wonder where they were going, and more importantly, where they are now?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

During the march, Tolan lets the constant drumming of the rain drown out his thoughts. After that little altercation with MITCH, Tolan knew he was being an idiot. Taking that thing on would have been impossible, especially since it's a machine. He didn't want to think about it.

The tracks were a welcome change of pace after hours of marching, but Lizardfolk tracks changed little. Their destination was the same, all they needed to do was keep their eyes open and keep marching forward.

"Does it really matter? Lizardfolk, Sahugain, they're both obstacles that we'll have to deal with, only difference is one is amphibious, the other's reptilian. Just keep your eyes and ears open and keep moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    When the march continues, Tolan is going to stay on alert and be actively trying to detect nearby creatures.

Spot: (1d20+5)[22]
    Listen:(1d20+5)[19]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin turns to Tolan with a frown. "I'd say there is a big difference. For one, these lizardfolk don't need to be enemies. For another, they are not evil in and of themselves, whereas sahuagin are." With a deep sigh he shakes his head. "I can't understand why you landfolk want to kill everything that appears different. And I had figured you smarter than that. From a tactical point of view it makes a great difference if we find friends or foes when we reach the temple."

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by hpboy111 View Post
    "Does it really matter? Lizardfolk, Sahugain, they're both obstacles that we'll have to deal with, only difference is one is amphibious, the other's reptilian. Just keep your eyes and ears open and keep moving.
    MITCH shakes his head this organic was hopeless "Of course it matters for starters their languages are vastly different making diplomatic solutions different. Their anatomies are different so attacking them in critical organs will be different and most importantly each race has their own set of tactics for attacking. Blindly swinging at your sword at where you 'think' their heart is sounds like a good idea until you have a spear through your gut... speaking of which I have reports that death by septicemia is rather painful. As for keeping my eyes and ears open... I am afraid I am unable to do so I am not equiped with those organs and my optic and auditory feedback sensors are always on... is this one of those odd organic sayings I have heard about?"
    Blarg...

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tolan proceeds to smack himself upside the head before responding. "I said "Obstacles to be dealt with", not enemies to killed. I'm not the kind of guy that swings his sword wildly not caring what he hits. I'm at least somewhat more civilized than that, thank you very much. And yes MITCH, it's an expression. It means to be wary and cautious. Something I am quite good at doing. It's my forte actually. I don't charge blindly ahead like a lunatic, I wait until the oportune moment, then strike."

Almost as an after thought he continues, "And by the way, I know exaclty where their organs are. The only thing that's going to stop me ramming my rapier through said organs, is if they're paying close enough attention to me to actually block or partially deflect my blows.
    Last edited by hpboy111; 2012-09-11 at 03:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Alexander/Ariel

A low chuckle left as he listened to the others react to Tolan's words. Moving close beside Aearhin, he puts his lips beside his ear. Lowering his voice to a whisper only the two could hear in, he murmured softly in Aquan to him, "One would hope, yes. Many humans are often very rash regrettably ..." Letting his words echo gently, he gave him a smile as he moved a bit away but remained beside him. Sure, he realized that could have been a hint ... but if anyone were to get it, he'd much prefer someone whom understood his true self much better than anyone else in this group thus far. Keeping his eyes focused upon the road ahead, his ears remained alert for his response or reaction to the words.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

((Since Tolan rolled I'll use his spot/listen while everyone else will use static take 10's))

Tolan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As your group continues you spot mixed in with the mud and grass ahead a net covered hastily in some foliage

The swamp mud squishes beneath you feet, sometimes sinking you into deep water pools that extend to your ankles.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

As Alexander softly whispers in his ear it takes Aearhin a moment to realize the words spoken are not Common, but in fact Aquan. Slowly his eyes get bigger and bigger as the surprise regiters. Then abrubtly he turns to Alexander with a shocked expression, eyes wide, jaw working, hands twitching. As if he wants to shout out his surprise and gesture wildly and only just manages to control himself. After a short but fearful moment of doubt, where Aearhin might yet lose control of himself, he calms down a bit. Enough to lean toward Alexander and whisper in Aquan: "I think I will take you up offer of getting better acquainted..." Still a bit shaky he backs away, looking Alexander up and down, eyes ful of curiosity.

18. - Top - End - #78

Alexander/Ariel

His smile widened more at the words, giving a slow nod to hint he heard and was acknowledging he had heard him. Thankfully, he had also been keeping his gaze forward because now the sight of something new got his eyes, and that specific thing made him inwardly cringe. "Ugh ... swamps. Hm ...." His pace slowed a bit as he remained beside Aearhin. What a horrid time to have no rope on him. But ... one of the others probably did or, at least, an idea on how to navigate through this terrain.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Net...? Trap...? Ambush...?! Tolan takes another quick look around while holding up his hand whispering loudly, "Stop!"

Spoiler
    Show

Another spot and listen check, this time specifically to search the surrounding foliage for signs of hidden creatures.
    Spot: (1d20+5)[8]
    Listen: (1d20+5)[24]

After calling for the halt Tolan slips his rapier out his belt and holds it at the ready.

If Tolan notices nothing, he moves forward to the front of the group to get a better look at the net.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+11)[17] I would just like to note that Tolan never touches the net while examining it, he just looks to see what can be seen.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Tolan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see nothing and the rain seems to be drowning out most sounds, but you o hear something sloshing in the water nearby (about 10 ft ahead of the net.)

The net appears to be set as a trap to catch wild game for food, if it were to accidentally capture any of the party (larger then small size or 60lbs) it would most likely snap under their weight shortly after capturing them.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

Erech stands ready, rapier in the right hand and darkwood shield in the other. "What is it?" he inquires as softly as possible while still making himself heard. His hat is pulled low, rivulets of water running off it constantly, but serving its purpose in keeping his vision unimpeded. The muck and water don't seem to affect him as much as the others as his boots are barely muddy above the soles.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

In a whisper Tolan says, "Ten feet directly ahead, there's something in the water. There's also a hunting trap laid out on the path here." Tolan draws a quick circle in the air with his rapier so that the others know where not to step. "MITCH. Take point. Be careful." As he says this, he begins to move back to his original position in the line up.
    Last edited by hpboy111; 2012-09-12 at 08:42 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

MITCH looks confused at the order "I am already point...? Is there any other way to become 'pointier'? As for being cautious well that is all well and good but this little trap seems like a good way to lure the prey... if I activate it, it would simply break since I am well above the weight of you folks. I doubt stongly that it would even move me. That way we would gain the attention of whoever set it and thus be able to communicate or pascify them whilst being prepared."
    Blarg...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin can't help but grin. "He does have a point. And if it doesn't work we will get to see a machine caught in a tree, that must be a sight worth seeing."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

A rustle erupts from the area that Tolan had orginally pointed out, whatever had been there was probably a bit restless at the passive forward motion of the group. A splash comes as well from the other side of the path as something has jumped into the water.

(Spot checks can be used to see if you can see the creatures as they are moving)

26. - Top - End - #86

Haldis chuckled lightly at Aerhin's words. The thought of the massive construct stuck in a tiny trap was an entertaining one. The professor was busy calculating the necessary strength of the net's tension to hold the robot when he suddenly heard a splash emanating from the swamp. Cautiously, he took a view steps forward to get a better view.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+2)[10]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+5)[12]

Sigh... The one time I'm trying to helpful and non-confrontational, they get all confrontational. Crouching slightly, Tolan readies him self to give chace, defend, or atttack. Whichever may be necessary.

28. - Top - End - #88

Spoiler
    Show
    ...well this may go well or really bad... man I hate how 3.5 made spot and listen class only skills and then made cross class skills not worthwhile in any sense.
    spot (1d20)[4]
    Still the dice gods punish me....

MITCH doesn't overly bother looking around, it is more interested in examining the trap and is content to wait for the creatures to come to him because that is simply more efficient.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-09-12 at 01:00 PM.
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Spot DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a spotted reptilian man is seen rushing through brush.

As you all stand there a purplish hued lizardman drop down in front of Mitch from the canopy. It raises a stone axe and lets out a hissing sound like a crocodile or alligator. two of the same come from behind with small sticks avoiding their net trap. They look at Mitch shaking a small bit while holding their spears.

30. - Top - End - #90

Alexander/Ariel

His head tilted as he noted the hesitation from the creatures. They were already armed .... any of them could have easily attacked. But none had and it gave Alexander a sliver of hope. Not much, no but enough to still exist all the same. Still keeping his own spear held, he mused softly to both himself and the others, "Mayhaps they can be negotiated with? Let me see first ...."

Loosening but certainly not letting go of his spear, he walked forward. Shifting his tongue to his more native one then repeating the following in Common, he gave a light bow of his head as he began to speak. "We're not here to harm you but rather investigate. Is there any way you can lower your spears and allow us all passage?"

Diplomacy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[4]

.....Really? *face palm* Worst time to do that *groan*
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2012-09-12 at 01:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment