1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Excellent. Ok. In that case we should probably get going."

Tolan looks away from the Amphidragon and back to the rest of the group. "Well guys, it looks like we got ourselves a guide. Now I'm ready to keep moving if you guys are."

Figuring that if the Dragon was not going to answer the remaining questions now, it wasn't planning to or wasn't capable of doing so. Therefore, it's time to move on.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

Erech sweeps his hat off and bows deeply to their new ally. "Excellent! Thank you, Kroahn! We sincerely appreciate your assistance. Good day!

Replacing his hat atop his bald head, Erech turns to his companions and motions them forward. "Well, that could certainly have gone worse!" he says with a wide grin.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Exquisite!" Haldis said with a wide grin. "I am very pleased that things have worked out so well! Tolan, Erech, excellent work! Now which one of these fine lizardfolk is our guide? I have some questions about the religious practices of their tribe that I simply must ask...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alexander/Ariel

A small part of Alexander was still unsure about this whole plan really. But it did, annoyingly enough, seem to be the only way to really make progress. Letting the steps repeat in his head first, he finally gave Tolan a nod after contemplating it over several times. "I'm very ready to get this done and over with." Waiting mainly for the guide though also the others to hint they were ready, a small sigh left his lips as he got ready to head out again.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

A short while later the small purplish lizard folk who had led the initial assault on the party walks up still a bit wary of the large mechanical man. "Slie, lead you, you follow close, to many sharp nasties about lately." The small reptile man then begins ushering the group forward through the thick of the swamp.

~30 minutes of travel later~

The party can see the temple ruins not to far off, Slie has stopped them approximately 100 ft give or take 20 ft. "Here where we make decisions, we go under temple or over temple? Slie show you entrance whichever choose but he no go further."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

After Slie had stated the choises Aearhin thoughtfully studied the temple. Actually, he wasn't really looking, but he was thinking. "While I would prefer an underwater entrance I don't think that's a good idea. First of all, not all of you share my preference and secondly an underwater entrance is more likely to be guarded or frequently used since our opponent is aquatic." He look around the group before turning back to the temple.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

MITCH raises an eye brow "Tactically it would be a superior option to head underwater our quarry would generally protect the land entrances more heavily since the previous assault more than likely occurred via land. I myself have no need for oxygen like you organics... it must be tiring for you all having so many requirement for basic function."
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

The dark-skinned man shrugs. "Whatever is decided. I'm set up for above water right now, but with a few minutes to prepare I can certainly handle under it. Perhaps if we scout around topside first we'll have a better idea? Mebbe see the entrance here before locking ourselves into a course of action?"

Erech looks at the metallic humanoid. "'Sides which, I'm not sure how many of us have underwater options available aside from yourself, Aehrin and myself. Eh?" he asks with a direct look at each of the others.

9. - Top - End - #129

MITCH turns to Erech and chuckles in a oddly disturbing way...like nails on a chalk board "I assure you that Master Alexander is more than proficient at the art of swimming; regardless it would not hurt to take a look around, mind you I was not designed for scouting nor stealth so I am afraid to bring me along might harm our chances of surprise. Though it would be foolish and impractical to split the group in twain..."
    Blarg...

10. - Top - End - #130

Haldis shot a quizzical glance at MITCH before returning his attention to the party.

"I have a couple spells of Waterbreathing prepared if anyone need make use of them. Granted, they won't last all that long, but hopefully it will be enough. But as Erech said, I agree that scouting the various entrances would most likely be to our best interest. That said..." He gave a wry smile. "How would any of you suggest we go about it? MITCH does have a point in that splitting the party may be an inefficient course of action, but going as one large group would likely ruin any chances we have for stealth."

11. - Top - End - #131

Alexander/Ariel

Giving MITCH a silent look that hinted not to give any more away, he closed his eyes to focus upon the suggestions being tossed around. "MITCH is correct in my capabilities of swimming. He may also be about the enemy maybe not seeing others using those entrances. However ... with those whom can give abilities out to others and them being limited, maybe we should start on the land. When we arrive at the more watery parts ... we can figure something out when that bridge arrives?" He offered in a somewhat hesitant voice, hoping that would suffice.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Listening to the others there seemed to be good arguments for both the landbound entrances and those in the water. Then an idea struck him. "The main question is what entry is least likely to be guarded, right? The least guarded doorway being the most likely to grant us a stealthy way inside. Perhaps our friend here knows something that might help. His people have been monitoring the temple, have they not?" He turns around to face Slie. "Do you know if any of the entrances is less guarded or trapped then the others? Or basically, what entrance would have the most chance of getting us inside without notice?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"They drive us out of front when first arrive. maybe water safe but not know, never been back since temple taken" He scratches his head a bit, "though water probably harder to trap."
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2012-09-17 at 09:51 AM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin was considering Slies words, waiting for the input of the rest of the group, but they remained painfully silent. The dilemma was proving a tough one. He did not like to force others to follow him, but this waiting was nervewracking and he couldn't take it anymore. After a short conversation with Fëanen (which nobody could understand), Aearhin turned to the others and said: "Okay, this is what we are going to do. Slie here is gonna lead us to the smallest of the water entrances. It is likely to be the least used of the three. Then we will have to wait a bit. Fëanen here has offered to serve as a scout. He is only small and does not pose a threat to anything inside, so there is a good chance they will not bother him and think of him only as a turtle, which of course he is. He will then be able to tell me if there are any enemies behind that entrance, and tell me how far we have to go underwater before there is breathable air. We can then decide our actions based on the information we get. Any objections?" Aearhin looks at the group, already half-rising. It is clear from his posture and fidgeting that he wants to get going. Time for some action!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

With a nod to Aearhin, Erech consents to the plan. "It's somethin', anyway. Let's do it! 'Scuse me a moment while I prepare."

Erech moves away from the group just a bit, finding a clear spot behind a patch of brush.

16. - Top - End - #136

MITCH only stands there nodding slightly not wishing to make anymore noise than he already has... the humming emenating from his body even lowers itself in response a very rough version of stealth mode....
    Blarg...

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Slie slowly lead the group to a nearby muddy watered hole. "Goes down for three of metal man and will open into tunnel. not long to cave that lead to temple."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin kneels down by the water hole and sets down Fëanen on the ground. "Here we go buddy. You will have to be careful down there, try to avoid any creatures or traps if you see them. Just let me know what you see and give me an estimate of how far you have to swim before there is air again and land. If anything should happen, just get out of there and call for me, understand." Aearhin watches as Fëanen crawls to the hole and dives in, then he closes his eyes the better to make a picture of what the little turtle discribes to him. His face seems relaxed, but the grooves his fingers are digging in the dirt betray his anxiety.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

Returning to the group, Erech whispers just loudly enough to be heard by his companions. "Good on ya, Aearhin an' Fëanen. Much luck, li'l one!" He looks at the others while they await the turtle's expedition and nods.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

The link is silent for awhile with nothing important being relayed through the link between familiar and master. Approximately 5 minutes later the amphibious explorer returns popping his head from the pool.

Familiar Link relay
    Spoiler
    Show
    the hole goes down for about 30 ft then curves into a tunnel fir another 10 before going up into a cavern. The cavern kind of stinks of old fish but nothing dangerous is inside. The ceiling is high enough for MITCH to stand comfortably and the group to be two abreast with no discomfort. (total swim length is about 45ft) No guards as stated earlier or devices that he could see or detect.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

As Fëanens head pops back out of the water Aearhin heaves a deep sigh, visibly relaxing. He had not realized he had been holding his breath. After hearing what his dear friend discovered Aearhin turns to share the information with the party. "Fëanen tells me there is a cavern inside where we can stand and where the air, though foul, is breathable. There is about a 45 foot swim, so I don't think any magic will be needed to get there. Shall we continue inside and scout further from there?"
    Aearhin will wait for the party to voice their opinion, but assuming they agree he turns back to his familiar. "Lead the way buddy."

22. - Top - End - #142

MITCH nods and begins walking, waiting momentarily until it has sunk down to the ground then continues walking. It will wait at the bottom for the others then continue forward.
    Blarg...

23. - Top - End - #143

Haldis pounded his fist into his hand in an obvious display of delight!

"Well done, Aerhin! And you too, Fëanen!" He added, a large smile on his face. "My, is this exhilarating! I can only wonder what secrets lie within..." His eyes glazed over for a moment as thoughts of ancient mysteries danced in his head, before rousing himself with a start. "Oh, pardon me, I almost forgot. Does anyone require a spell of Water Breathing? Tolan? Alexander?"

24. - Top - End - #144

Alexander/Ariel

Giving a quick nod of his head no to Haldis, he smiled softly. "Not me. Someone else. But I'm more than capable of swimming. It seems to be a talent I was born with almost ...." Jumping in, he then began swimming into the temple. In his mind, a very low but content, feminine sigh - his real self - was echoing at the feel of the water. Sure it was for a mission he knew .. but the water always felt good regardless of what reason he was ever in it for.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I'll be fine, don't waste your spells," Tolan says briefly to Haldis. Tolan knows better than most how precious resources are. If a task can be accomplished without using one up, don't use it.

Although he isn't a very strong swimmer, Tolan figures that such calm water should be easy enough to handle.

Diving into the water, he does not wait around for anyone like MITCH, who he notices standing at the bottom of the pool. Making his way quickly to the other side, he pops his head out of the water, latches onto the side of the pool and takes a careful look around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tolan is taking 10 on his swim checks and should be able to reach the other side in 3 rounds so no Constitution checks are needed.

Spot: (1d20+5)[20]
    Listen: (1d20+5)[24]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

Shaking his head at Tolan's abrupt departure, Erech moves to follow the rogue. Right! Nothin' to it but ta do it!" He gives an exaggerated wink to those remaining and hops into the hole.

He swims down to MITCH and waits for the rest of the group.

27. - Top - End - #147

Haldis shook his head and chuckled at Tolan's response before casting the spell on himself and jumping in after the others.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

(sry about lack of posting, weather here is awful lately and messing around with my up and down schedule)

You all arrive in a large cavern safely. ahead about 30 ft you can see masonry indicating that the temple is ahead.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech

Climbing out of the water and doing his best to shake himself dry - which he does grinning the whole time - Erech takes a gander at his surroundings. "Interesting," he mutters, mostly to himself.

He moves closer to Tolan. "Think you're up for a quick scouting for us?" he asks in a whisper. "You seem the best suited to it."

30. - Top - End - #150

MITCH looks down at funny man and shakes his head vehemently and as he begins speaking his monotone voice takes on an odd nasely tone"This message is brought to you my Dr. Finklestein's amazingly plain potions 'Now only half the Calories and twice as bitter'.....Twould be unwise to have a single person wander off alone in a foreign place. If history has told people anything the tactic 'Divide and Conquer' has been most effective through the ages so I see no reason to do the enemies work for them."
    Blarg...