New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

Alexander/Ariel

Watching the other two, Alexander had been mentally pondering how to go about this ... thing while waiting. As they finished, a small flame produced in his palm. By the time MITCH had finished attacking, it had done so with growing. Gods let this work .... Exhaling softly, his eyes focused on his target as he hurled the fireball towards it.

Produce Flame:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ranged Touch: (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Mitch's blade hits hard as the jelly shakes, the fire from Alex's casting hits the form before dissipating seeming to do nothing. The slime launches itself at MITCH wishing to feast on his tasty metallic hide.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]
    (1d6+1)[3] Acid(1d6)[5]
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2012-10-02 at 01:49 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know tsu, the war mage gets to go again before the ooze... just in case it gets killed you know before it got to attack
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oh yeah... your White Raven thingy.. rawr.))
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

(yeay, the server maintainance is finally done!)

Still backing away from the slimy creature Aearhin hears MITCH's encouragement and feels much energized by it. "Thanks, my metal friend, let's get it!"

At a small wave of his left hand the sparkly sphere jumps and rolls a little to slam into the ooze once more. Meanwhile Aearhin is mumbling more arcane words and from his right hand shoots an orb of similar sparkling substance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sphere damage (Ref: 16): (2d6+3)[12]
    Ranged touch attack for 'orb of electricity': (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage: (3d8+3)[13]

And another 5-foot-step backward

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

REF save
    (1d20-4)[-3]
    (that says it all)

The electricity flies as the Ooze is hit hard shuddering as it reached out for the metal man. It plasmid form twitches and seizes as it falls to the ground smoking and smelling of eggs. The effectively "cooked" slime mold now lie motionless on the floor of the room.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2012-10-06 at 11:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Alexander/Ariel

A low whistle left Alexander's lips as he watched the electricity hit the ooze. "I... probably should look into those types of spells next chance I get ..." He murmured, mentally noting to do that once they were out of this temple. "Nice job you two ... hopefully there aren't many more of those though I'd prefer none at all really."
    He'd felt very naive and stupid to have launched a fire spell at it ... only to realize it did literally nothing. Hopefully the next encounters will be less .... technical like that ... He tried to reassure himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin shakes himself, little sparks still jumping along his arms and hands. After the quick rush of the battle (especially with the extra energy from MITCH) he takes a while to calm down again. But eventually the sparks dissipate just as the sphere of electricity winks out of existance and Aearhin seems to come to himself again. "Well, that was certainly ... energizing." He looks at the others with a sheepish grin on his face. "Sorry about that, I should really learn to pay better attention to my surroundings. I guess I lucky this time, huh." He takes a wary look around before turning back to the others. "So ... should I look at that chest, or do you think there's more of these things?"

9. - Top - End - #189

Alexander/Ariel

Alexander waved a hand, giving Aearhin a soft smile. "No worries. Up until you pointed the chest out, I almost missed it. You're not the only one it seems who needs to work on their attentions. Regarding the chest ...." He looked up in thought, inwardly cringing on the mere idea of another ooze being here or in the temple. "I'd try at least. It may have been guarding something we needed. If there is another ... we at least will be ready." Getting behind Aearhin, he prepared to help him in case there was both something they needed and something unfriendly still nearby.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

((Pushing forward))

Aearhin is able to lift the chest lid off with little difficulty, the lid almost crumbling in his hands thanks to the rust that had accumulated on it. Inside is a finely woven cloak of deep blue along with a small chest that is untouched by rust and three strangely smelling potions.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin carefully lifts out the contents of the chest one by one. As he grabs each he turns it this way and that to see if there might be any marks or such to give a clue to their function or abilities (if any). With the items in hand he walks back to the door. "Hey Professor, I think you should have a look at these. Maybe you can figure out something about them, being a professor and all." He then looks at Tolan. "And perhaps you could sweep the room now. There shouldn't be any more surprises and you are far more skilled at finding hidden things then I am." Having said that he turns back to Haldis to look over the items.

Spoiler
    Show
    Checks to figure out if I know anything about the items.
    Knowledge (arcane): (1d20+11)[14]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+11)[19]

12. - Top - End - #192

Alexander/Ariel

Deciding to help MITCH guard Aearhin's back while he gathered all the items, he then followed once he was done. Staring down at all the items, he thought silently on how to help Aearhin out. Snapping his fingers as an idea came to him, he began chanting softly under his breath to both Aearhin and the Professor. "This won't identify them all ... but it should give hints as to which ones we'll need to pay the most heed to or not." He murmured softly, keeping his eyes down at all the loot they had just found.

Detect Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Focusing it upon all the loot/items Aearhin is currently examining.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #193

MITCH's eyes revert buck to their dull grey colour Status report: Enemy.... eliminated; casualties.... none; combat rating....A+!!! Remember getting 3 A+'s gains a gold star, collect 10 gold stars for a fabulous prize! Click now for deai... debug mode enabled....trojan detected; entering silent mode while systems are detect/repair anomalies.
    Blarg...

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haldis patted Aerhin on the back, a huge smile on his face.

"Well done, my friends! Well done indeed! And yes, Aerhin, I would be happy to examine your findings," He said as he gingerly accepted the items. He cocked his head slightly as he analyzed the objects, feeling the weight of each in his hand. His gaze became more intense, and his blinks became less frequent.

Lovely color on that cloak... One would normally assume that the fabric would fade under such circumstances, yet here it is, still colored in a magnificent blue hue. That would appear to indicate some sort of tampering with its initial form. Likely magic. Why else would anyone choose to save it otherwise?

He draped the cloak over one shoulder before moving on to the potions, uncapping each one in succession and sniffing their contents.

What a peculiar stench. Musty and sour... almost like the scent of decaying magic. But that doesn't appear to be the case at all; for one thing, the compound hasn't denatured. There'd be all these little bits floating around. Wait! Of course! That makes sense! That must be it!

He handed the potions back to Aerhin a little more exuberantly than necessary, before grabbing the box. Outstretching his arms, he turned the chest so that its opening faced away from him and the rest of the party, before pulling back the lid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+13)[31]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+12)[13]

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Treasure
    1x Cloak of Minor Displacement (grants blur)
    3x diluted potions of Cure moderate (3d8-4)

The chest opens away from the group expelling a puff of colorful dust that sprinkles to the ground. inside is a piece of parchment wrapped around a single wand. The scroll seems to be a scroll of flight.

16. - Top - End - #196

"A-HA!!!" Haldis shouted excitedly, before immediately cupping a hand to his mouth. "Oh dear, that wasn't very stealthy of me, was it? Terribly sorry," He gave a sheepish smile. "But you see, what we have here are some remarkably useful magic items. Take this cloak for instance. In particular, take note of the pigmentation. It appears to be a deep, dark blue, correct? But if you look closely, there are multiple, miniscule layers of coloration that gradually blend into one another. See? See how fuzzy they look? This points to only one possible result!" He whipped it off his shoulder in one quick motion, and laughed as a blurry afterimage followed it.

"A displacement effect! Isn't that magnificent? Now as for these potions..." He plucked one bottle out of Aerhin's hand and uncorked it, wafting its scent into the air.

"This is a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds. Unfortunately, it must have spent quite some time in that chest, as it hasn't aged well. You smell that? That sweetly-sour, arenaceous odor? That's the smell of faded magic. If a magical effect is left for too long, it will eventually atrophy, and that scent is the result. Normally I would not suggest imbibing, well, anything that smells like that. But look at the potion. There are no errant particles suspended in the solution, which means that the mixture has not yet broken down! In other words, the potion is not so far gone that it would cease to have an effect. It will be diluted, unfortunately, but it will still heal you up. A the very least, it's better than nothing.

"Now for the contents of the chest!" Haldis exclaimed as he dropped the vial back into Aerhin's hands.

"Unfortunately, both are rather mundane. Yet they may in fact prove to be much more useful than either of the previous objects. This parchment here is a scroll of Fly, an incredibly handy spell, which, unfortunately, may have limited functionality in our current environment. But it is not a complete loss, oh no! Quite the opposite, in fact!" Haldis gestured wildly with the scroll as he spoke. "You see, there are some gods that have seen fit to grant their most devout followers with spells that are not generally found under the classification of the Divine. Take Fharlangn. He has been known to grant his more... wander-worthy... clerics some examples of these Divine-Arcane spells. For example, Fly. So what does this mean for us? I means that I should be able to scribe the scroll's contents into my spellbook, where we can all benefit from it in the future, rather than using it once and losing it forever! That is, if you are all okay with me having it." He grinned as he slid the scroll into a pocket.

"The other item is a wand. Judging from the lustrous compounds held within its box, I would assume that it is likely a wand of Glitterdust. Great fun at parties, though the stuff can blind you if you're not careful, and I can promise you that you'll find sparkles in your trousers for the next few moons afterwards. But I digress. It may not even be such a wand at all, to be perfectly honest." He shrugged. "It probably bears a closer examination. If you will all excuse me..."

At that, he turned quickly and began to fiddle with the wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+13)[17]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+12)[20]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

It is indeed a wand of glitterdust, it still contains full charges.

18. - Top - End - #198

"I knew it!" Haldis exclaimed, aiming for a much more subdued response than the previous time. "It is indeed a wand of Glitterdust, with maximum charges no less!" He twirled it between his fingers, obviously quite proud of himself.

"With that out of the way, now we can move on to the fun part: who gets what! If there are no objections, may I take the scroll for scribing?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin listens attentively while Haldis explains the properties of their loot. And a good thing he is paying attention for once too, else he would surely have dropped the potions as the professor unceremoniously plucked them from his hands and stuck them back in again just as carelessly.

"Well, I must say I wouldn't object to wearing that nice cloak. Usefull and a nice color. Then again, I don't think I'm the only one who'd find this useful."

20. - Top - End - #200

Alexander/Ariel

It was very true that Alex found the cloak as useful as Aearhin did. But honestly ... if he had a choice on what he'd want, it'd be something else that would allow him to be in his true form but still breath out of water well enough. And for that alone, he could wait. Shaking his head to both the Professor and Aearhin, he gave each a soft smile. "I have no objections. I already have an idea of what I'm looking for anyways. I have no qualms with you both taking what you two desire most."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #201

MITCH studies the cloak "Given it's properties I do believe the cloak would be better suited for someone engaging in front line combat... from what I can tell of your abilities that would not overly qualify you when in fact it may prove useful for the young and rather thickheaded child accompanying us. I myself could make use but I feel like my defences are adequate and the child known as Tolan could use a boon of some type."
    Blarg...

22. - Top - End - #202

Alexander/Ariel

As a dispute came to Alex's mind, his head shook gently no to MITCH. "Actually, sometimes it's the casters whom get targeted first, not the more up-front fighters. So ... since Tolan hasn't spoken up and Aearhin wanted it first ... " He gave a polite bow of his head to Aearhin, a smile crossing his lips. "I'd say you should fairly obtain it anyways. I truly have no qualms nor objections with you having it."
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2012-10-19 at 06:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Eyes sparkling like a kids on his birthday Aearhin gingerly accepts the cloak. "Wow, thank you guys, I really appreciate it." He then slings on the cloak with a flourish turning about for good measure to let the cloak wing out around him, while unsuccesfully trying to suppress a happy giggle.

24. - Top - End - #204

Alexander/Ariel

"It's quite alright." Seeing and hearing Aearhin so content only reassured him of what exactly to look for. That way he could truly be with him in the form he was desiring to show him and .... hopefully have even more better and happier times with him. Looking up in thought, he asked softly, "Was that all of the magical items we needed to distribute through? I feel like we're missing something but ... I may very well be wrong too .. "
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

25. - Top - End - #205

Haldis grinned at the young aventi's reaction.

"I must say, Aerhin, you do look rather dashing!" He said as he admired the cloak. "The skewed visionary spectrum that surrounds you quite compliments your coloration!"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Aearhin turns to Haldis, his grin stretching almost from ear to ear. "Why, thank you, my friend," he says in a clearly acted formal manner "I must say I'm rather taken with it. The fine fabric does seem to convey some natural gracefulness." Saying this Aearhin sketches a formal bow, holding one side of the cloak to make it sweep back and forth elegantly.

When he comes back up Aearhin still smiles, but his eyes take on a more serious cast as he looks around the room. "But getting back to reality, we should get a move on I think. And with that secret lever back there it might be a good idea to give this room a thourough search before moving on down the other end of the corridor." After this he moves to put deed to word and search the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Search: take 20 --> 23

PS: I believe the only other items that we found were the wand, scroll and potions, currently in Haldis' keeping, the little box wasn't magical was it?
    Also, could we get a re-post of that little dungeon map, I'm quite lost I fear

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

(no problems)
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

MITCH switched his stance back into hunter mode and left the room while the magus looked about, once back in the hallway MITCH enters the next closest room.
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Aearhin: you find a small slide like tube in the north west corner. you could travel down it one at a time, though MITCH may have some trouble.

MITCH: Entering into the next room you find a library, or at least it's remains. broken shelves and moldy literature lie on the ground. A section of the ceiling is gone as rainwater pours in through it. Statues resembling fishmen like creatures with sharp fangs gaze from their perches.

(room is 60x 40, with three broken bookshelves and an altar near the front of the room. more florescent moss lights this room. the rain coming is not enough to flood the area as it moves to the lower areas.)

30. - Top - End - #210

MITCH browses the libraries selection for anything of use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 20 on search since I am not threatened for a 22, also if anything tries to sneak up I can at least know it's there due to Hunter's Sense YAY!
    Blarg...