Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 272
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    init order= Alex, Frog, Mitch, Haldus, Aearhin

    Spoiler
    Show
    (I hate feeling unorganized so reposting to avoid forgetting/getting confused )
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    The Quarter staff slides off of the slime. However you do notice the creature as a Giant Toad. Now normally a toad is not to dangerous, but something most people do not consider is that they are Omnivores. Last time you checked you were considered a source of food for some creatures.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Carefully stepping back from the monstrous amphibian Aearhin starts muttering the arcane words needed to start the sparks dancing along his fingertips. As the sparks gather into an orb in his hand he flings it at the toad. "Looks like we're eating cuisses de grenouille tonight, fellows."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aearhin will walk to a safe(r) distance if he can do so without invoking an AoO, otherwise he'll stick to a 5-foot-step. If possible he would like to get some sort of cover (from tables or such).

    Casting Lesser orb of electricity
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage:(3d8+3)[15]

    If he needs to cast defensively, here's the Concentration check: (1d20+10)[21]

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Alexander/Ariel

    Inwardly sighing at being unable to help but feel a tad useless in this fight, he thrust his spear forward again. "Keep at it, Thorn! Smack it with the tail again!" Even as he issued the commands though, he never let his eyes leave the amphibian. Last he thing he'd need was to be caught off guard.

    Checks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alex's to-hit: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

    Thorn's to-hit: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage:(1d12+6)[17]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    The eletric orb impacts the frog answering the question of "What happens when lightning strikes a Toad?" It convulses as Alex stabs it, the final blow coming from his crocodile as it brings it's tail hard down on the creature's skull.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Alexander/Ariel

    A light nod and smile both left as he watched the amphibian fall over, dead. "Well guess we are eating cuisses de grenouille indeed. Nice job all." The grip on his spear loosened a bit now that one major threat was gone. The mere fact they weren't done with the Temple was one of the few factors making him continue to hold onto it still. Keeping his ears and eyes open, he got ready to follow behind the others.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    "Hm," Haldis inspected the frog's body for anything out of the ordinary.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know what check to make. I'll roll and add modifiers later.

    (1d20)[16]


    "Yes, I agree. Excellent work, everyone. Of course, I suggest that we still remain wary. Who knows what else may be lurking about."

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    MITCH looks at the others "Confirmation of hostility verified, will note to destroy eggs in further matters."
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Alexander/Ariel

    Looking up in thought, Alex began murmuring small words under his breath. "Hallways .... chute .... what the hell else?" It was obvious he was trying to recall where they had yet to go and - perhaps more importantly - where they should go. What he was keeping to himself though were thoughts on how much more of the Temple was left and thus how much longer they needed to remain here. It'd given nice views and finds/treasures .... but this was beginning to make him wonder just how huge it really was. He wanted to find out the cause of the floods, yes. But he didn't want to be stuck here for longer than they needed to in order to find all this out. At least he still had spells thankfully ... and Thorn.

    Realizing that standing around wouldn't get him anywhere, he patted his left hip, his non-verbal cue for Thorn to follow as he began inspecting the hallway. Maybe there was something they'd missed? Only one way to find out ...

    Checks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+6)[15]
    Listen: (1d20+8)[16]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Aearhin stretched his arms and took a deep breath. Battle always brought him on edge and if he didn't calm down after he would be throwing sparks every time something startled him. "Well, I must admit the frog was rather less formidable than anticipated. But MITCH, I think it is safe to assume it attacked us because we destroyed the eggs. It might be big, but it is just an animal after all. There should be no need to destroy any more eggs, since these creatures do not seem inherently evil, right?"

    Patting MITCH on the shoulder Aearhin walks past him, following Alex out into the hallway. "The shute just leads down. It is likely to small for MITCH and probably doesn't provide a way back up. And if there is another floor below, there should be more obvious ways to get there. I say we go down the hallway. If it doesn't lead any further we can always come back here." After saying that he folds his hands behind his back and whistles a little tune, while keeping up with Alex.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Haldis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The frog's body seems like a normal frogs though enlarged, the half digested remains of fish and small reptilian creatures are found in it's stomach as well as about 53 silver coins.


    Searching down the hallway (assuming the one you came from) you find a set of stairs at the other end of the hallway you came from leading up.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    The professor casually rooted through the frog's insides, seeming not to care about the foul stench that emanated from within. Upon finding the coins, he cupped them in his hands before following after the party.

    "It would appear that we were not the only things our amphibious friend thought worthy of ingestion," He chattered happily as he walked. "Apparently, argent capital is also on the menu. Care to split it?"

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Alexander/Ariel

    Gazing up the stairs, he looked back over to the Professor. Waving him over to show him what him and Aearhin had found, his head shook no. "I, myself, am fine thanks. Before we head up though, should we establish some sort of an order? It .... might seem a bit wise given we don't know what more still lies within here."
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    MITCH pauses at Alexander's suggestion "Indeed master that would be a logical plan that we should definitely implement immediately. Depending on whether it is statistically more sound to go with a stealthy or safety approach will determine our order. If we use stealth, something I must admit is something I wasn't built for, then I should be placed in the back which does provide a solid rear guard but will prevent me from functioning at optimal efficiency when we engage at combat. If I lead we lose all hopes of moving in silence but I can detect the presence of scented creatures to give us a slight edge in detection. I also can effectively reduce the risk of everyone being damaged in combat for I am made of much sturdier materials."
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    "To what distance are your simulated olfactory senses capable of perceiving scent?" Haldis asked MITCH. "If they are capable of receiving odors at extensive intervals, then perhaps I would prefer if you took the lead. As much as I appreciate the furtive approach, I would rather know what is coming, at least earlier on."

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    MITCH responds immediately in an odd tone "System inquiry: Effective range of artificial olfactory chemorecptors.... processing request please hold................. *elvator music*We at GnomeCo are devoted to provide customers with the highest quality automatons possible, if you have any problems with your newly purchased MITCH please refer to the owners manual or Message us immediately*music end*....... Thank you for holding, currently the prototype model has the capacity to detect scent at a 30 ft range in non windy areas, thank you for purchasing from GnomeCo have a stupendous day!"
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Haldis rubbed his chin.

    "Well, thirty feet is better than nothing. I nominate MITCH for the lead."

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Looking at MITCH Aearhin nods his head. "I agree. With the fighting here others in the temple may already know of our presence. And besides, for stealth purposes I don't think it will matter much if our lovely bucket of bolts is in the back or the front, we'll probably make enough noise as it is. Safety should be the first concern, take the lead big fellow."

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Alexander/Ariel

    Nodding at the idea of MITCH leading, Alex moved so he would be behind him. "Unless either of you have a preference? I can easily shift around if so. It'd be easier though for me to reach things from this spot since my spear has a bit of range." He didn't think any of the others had a reach melee weapon; but still, he wouldn't mind if he was asked to switch.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    MITCH moves to the head of the group and begins to walk forward down the hall, artifial olfactory chemoreceptors active, poised and ready to strike at any indication of hostility.
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Heading up the stairs you find yourselves in the room above the library. A large statues occupies half of the room, sinking slightly die to it's own weight towards the hole in the floor. Water can be seen flowing around and under certain parts of it.

    A large pile of foliage seems piled in the corner opposite the statue near two exits. MITCH's sensors are picking up a slight mildew scent, though anyone else would also smell this slightly.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Haldis stepped away from the rest of the group, an inquisitive expression on his face. Carefully, he approached the statue. He cocked his head as he examined it, sorting through the vast piles of information in his mind for what it could mean.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+15)[27]

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Religion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The statue seems to be a new construction, made depicting a large Sahaguin female riding a overgrown Shark. The statue shows the union between the two most prominent sahaguin gods, she who teaches and he who eats. Symbols that represent the desire to learn and devour.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    "Ah, She Who Teaches and He Who Eats," Haldis said as he inspected the statues. "As I recall, these two deities represent the quest for knowledge balanced by an urge to destroy. Interesting dichotomy, no?" The professor rubbed his chin. "The room full of books must have been for She Who Teaches. I can only wonder what room is for her counterpart..."
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-11-12 at 12:16 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    MITCH glances over at the academic "We will have plenty of time to find that out later after we have dealt with the problem here. I could even fashion water proof carrying sacs out of sahaguin hide so we can carry the books out without damaging them."
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    As the party stands around thinking on the next course of action, the air slowly begins to feel heavier. That distinct smell the air gets before a big storm. Static electricity filling the air. Behind them Aearhin had fallen silent. At the first sound of sparks some in the party realise what's happening and turn to Aearhin, beholding a darker side of him then they had known. Sparks are running up and down his arms and his eyes are thunder. The air seems to move around him and a quiet muttering can be heard.

    "...filthy evil little...........murdering, stealing.........blasphemous spawn of jealous......" he looks up with shining eyes and growls "MOVE" barely waiting for his friends to stand aside he casts a spell. Aearhin spreads his arms and the air suddenly stops moving. Then with a sudden lunge he steps forward, bringing his hands together toward the statue with a ear-shattering bang. A shockwave flies from his hands and crashes against the base of the statue, leaving a crumbling hole with cracks spreading outward...

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    The statue shudders as the base buckles under the new weight of the large edifice. A great groaning sound is heard as the statue pitches forward on the broken axis, falling towards the hole in the floor that was opened from an earlier fall out. The statue crashed with a loud bang and crunch as the entire stone fell into the floor breaking through to the lower library area and creating a great rift in the floor.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Haldis stood stock-still, his jaw clenched tightly. After a while, he sighed.

    "I'm sorry, Aerhin," He said sadly, as he rested his hand on the younger man's shoulder.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    Aearhin, still breathing hard, jumps as he feels a hand on his shoulder. But seeing a friendly face and hearing the compassion in Haldis' words he quickly calms down. The storm had passed.

    "Thank you, but it's me who should apologize. I just really hate those things. Guess I owe you the story behind that some time." Looking at the wreckage he sighs. "Well, I think we should expect some company now..."

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Deepest Song [IC]

    "I'm sure there are plenty of stories left for us to tell," Haldis said, giving Aerhin a reassuring smile. "But for the moment, I believe it will be best for us to leave,"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •