New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Alright. I'll keep the lights dim for you. You sleep well." True to his word, the lights from his horn (and the artificial lights, if applicable) go down just enough to leave visibility, but not enough to keep one awake.

And coincidentally just enough to be able to continue work on those super-flashers.
    Grubbs looked at Taylor and frowned, all tired like again. That pony was acting so weird...like not beating him. Pony couldn't be trusted...Grubbs...just has to keep his guard...stay vigilant around him not....

And Grubbs fell asleep again.

Meanwhile at BSPD head quarters, police captain's office

"Damnit...we've got nine officers M.I.A, not responding back to our transmissions for a roll call and now we have a report that there's a fire blazing past the west gate?! Luckily the fire department were dispatched but sheeze...what a night. Missing officers, a missing dead pony, missing criminals, and now a fire...The captain of the guard and police major going to have my head for this...and I was so close to tenure...urgh.." An older grey maned sand furred stallion slammed his hoof on his desk and then rubbed his temples with that hoof. He looked at the officer before him, the "camera" still focused on himself.

"Any word from the Guard yet about helping up security around Bridle Shores? If only those bastards did their job right in not letting in scum into the town, the police department wouldn't end up having to be neck deep in red tape when the time comes...damn soldier guards...lucky sons of a gun, not so restricted as we are...stupid bureaucratic nonsense...ugh..." He sputtered, looking like he was going to pass out from all the exertion he was letting out, his eyes looked tired, a little dazed.

"I'm afraid not sir, seems they are just as tied up having to deal with their own problems, their own missing soldiers. Seems this police/guard didn't work like it should have, both sides too busy caring about their own people to properly cooperate and coordinate with each other."
    An officer said in a blunt manner. Twas a light green unicorn stallion with a burnt olive mane and a shamrock cutie mark. "Perhaps, you would like to hear my idea, sir." He affably smiled, his orange eyes briefly glowing blue.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy gave a wan smile to the rogue. "Thanks. That'd be much appreciated."

Sandy helped gather up the senseless ninja, probably leaving her on Zephyr's back. "Right behind you, Cap'n."
    Keeping things simple, Staccata adds, "Shall we?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Cirrus-Edge of the Not-Burning side of the forest

"Wow......we leave them for a couple of hours and this is what happens?"
    Gearstride watched the scene before her all slack jawed. She put her communicator to her mouth and stared at the Cirrus in the distance. "Rainbow...Hover? What's going on? Report."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow

The sniper let out another blast of her tank cannon. "Sudden thunderstorm, Sir. Lit up a tree or two."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Rainbow

The sniper let out another blast of her tank cannon. "Sudden thunderstorm, Sir. Lit up a tree or two."

"A tree or two?....Its a really weird thunderstorm I hope you know. Chilling right above only the Cirrus....oy..........."
    Because things were going swell already ya know.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"A tree or two?....Its a really weird thunderstorm I hope you know. Chilling right above only the Cirrus....oy..........."
    "Rainbow, just open the door and maybe we can help speed things along..." Silverpine said, sighing and shaking his head.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Should I shoot it, sir?" rainbow's solution to everything.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

"Should I shoot it, sir?" rainbow's solution to everything.

"Uh...no...I don't think that will do anything to a lightning storm,"
    Gearstride shook her head. Maybe on Tuesdays. "Just ah...let us in...disable the security system, so we don't get killed." Zephyr hovered close with the group, with Meadow on his back, the ninja being held with his legs. He was wary of the spreading fire, naturally, he was scared of it. Miss M kept a composed posture and scanned the area with her night-o vision. Not that she needed it to spy a glowing dome in the area around the Cirrus.

"Vamponies..."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh...no...I don't think that will do anything to a lightning storm,"
    Gearstride shook her head. Maybe on Tuesdays. "Just ah...let us in...disable the security system, so we don't get killed." Zephyr hovered close with the group, with Meadow on his back, the ninja being held with his legs. He was wary of the spreading fire, naturally, he was scared of it. Miss M kept a composed posture and scanned the area with her night-o vision. Not that she needed it to spy a glowing dome in the area around the Cirrus.

"Vamponies..."
    With Sandy's eye for detail, he quickly spotted the glowing dome as well. "Cap'n! Over there!" He pointed to the odd dome of light near the ship. "Looks like some sorta spell shield. Can't quite make out what's under it from over here."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey Sandy," He would feel a tap on his shoulder and stared blankly at him. "Did you hear me all dramatically utter 'vamponies'? I wasn't sneezing....or was I?...Now I'm all self conscious about it...oh Luna..."

Gearstride disregarded the vampy. "If we're to believe our sneezing...ally, vamponies? Best stay vigilant." She spoke into her comm again. "Hey Rainbow, hear that?......por favor let us in."

11. - Top - End - #71

"Hey Sandy," He would feel a tap on his shoulder and stared blankly at him. "Did you hear me all dramatically utter 'vamponies'? I wasn't sneezing....or was I?...Now I'm all self conscious about it...oh Luna..."

Gearstride disregarded the vampy. "If we're to believe our sneezing...ally, vamponies? Best stay vigilant." She spoke into her comm again. "Hey Rainbow, hear that?......por favor let us in."
    Staccata stays near the back of the group, looking up and trying to predict a threat. Her dagger is, of course, ready for use.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy looked up sheepishly at the 300-year-old vampony. "Well, I were just pointin' it out, y'never quite said where them vamponies were at, an' I guess I meant I couldn't spy how many were under there, an' I really didn't think that were a sneeze, I just thought maybe somepony hadn't saw it an'...an' I think I'm just gonna shush now..." he trailed off and re-focused on the task ahead, ears drooping from general embarrassment.

Aaaaaaaaand there went all the coolness points he'd racked up this night.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Unlocking, Sir." Rainbow taping on the console. Beep oop beep beep beep. "Permission to shoot the vamponies, Sir."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh....sure..." Gearstride said as she looked over yonder and froze seeing the shield dome gone along with whatever was underneath. "Yes, yes yes, permission granted! Everybody get on inside."

"I hope you know I am capable of taking care of myself against some vamps, you know,"
    Miss M said with a flick of her mane.

"Its not the vamps I'm fretting over right now. Its Rainbow trigger-happy Pepper who is to be made fret of."

"Oh. Gotcha."
    And so, Gear and all scurried to the front entrance.

"Youthreevamponieshavepermissiontoenterblah,"
    She said quickly opening the heavy steel doors.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy downright sprinted into the ship. He'd gone thus far without sustaining terrible injury tonight, and he wasn't about to let ironic fate ruin that.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Uh....sure..." Gearstride said as she looked over yonder and froze seeing the shield dome gone along with whatever was underneath. "Yes, yes yes, permission granted! Everybody get on inside."
    Gear and Sandy are right to worry. The sound from her open comm is a notable rhythmic breathing. Four steel arm jut down and root the hover tank into place. The barrel of the main cannon clicks.

Rainbow then fires. Then fires again. And again. Each blast following the last with less of a gap of time. The beams are not nearly as big as expected but there are many. She turned down the power... in order to snipe with a tank.
    Pew!.... Pew!... Pew!.. Pew!. Pew!. Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew! "Adjustments will be calibrated in 30 more shots. 25. 20. 15."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

"I hope you know I am capable of taking care of myself against some vamps, you know,"
    Miss M said with a flick of her mane.

"Its not the vamps I'm fretting over right now. Its Rainbow trigger-happy Pepper who is to be made fret of."

"Oh. Gotcha."
    And so, Gear and all scurried to the front entrance.

"Youthreevamponieshavepermissiontoenterblah,"
    She said quickly opening the heavy steel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy downright sprinted into the ship. He'd gone thus far without sustaining terrible injury tonight, and he wasn't about to let ironic fate ruin that.
    Gear and Sandy are right to worry. The sound from her open comm is a notable rhythmic breathing. Four steel arm jut down and root the hover tank into place. The barrel of the main cannon clicks.

Rainbow then fires. Then fires again. And again. Each blast following the last with less of a gap of time. The beams are not nearly as big as expected but there are many. She turned down the power... in order to snipe with a tank.
    Pew!.... Pew!... Pew!.. Pew!. Pew!. Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew! "Adjustments will be calibrated in 30 more shots. 25. 20. 15."
    "Rainbow, you will hold your ******* fire until the crew has safely cleared the ******* blast zone! Ya hear me!" Silverpine yelled into the comm, as he followed closely behind. The stallion barely dodged a stray beam that struck the ground beside him.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Dem Vamponies

The unicorn watched in ohmahgoddesses horror as he just maneuvered out of the way with his lady love on his back. Best was probably to maneuver him towards the fire with 'dem laser beams, trap him between a rock and a hard place, or in this case a rain of laser beams and a hot place.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Rainbow, you will hold your ******* fire until the crew has safely cleared the ******* blast zone! Ya hear me!" Silverpine yelled into the comm, as he followed closely behind. The stallion barely dodged a stray beam that struck the ground beside him.
    "Aye sir." The hum of the tank's cannon slowly ends.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel listens intently as the hum of the cannon stops and then ends, and twitches when he hears the main door opening. Only one way to check; ask questions first, fire after.

He flicks back his monocle and draws two more arrows as he runs to the main entrance, nocking all three for more area coverage. He runs at a sprint and roll/slides into the area, aiming at the group and collecting Sandy's lost coolness points powerup style.

His instincts screamed at him to open fire, but he held off for the crucial second and a half and lowered his bow a few inches.

"Oh! Never thought I'd say the words, but thank Luna you all are alright." He grins at them, oddly enough including M and Zephyr in his group assessment. He slides away his bow and arrows and walks forward. "So, how'd it go? Got an army on your tails, angry nightmares trying to haunt you, huge bag of gold for the tales?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

21. - Top - End - #81

"Oh! Never thought I'd say the words, but thank Luna you all are alright." He grins at them, oddly enough including M and Zephyr in his group assessment. He slides away his bow and arrows and walks forward. "So, how'd it go? Got an army on your tails, angry nightmares trying to haunt you, huge bag of gold for the tales?"
    After the mad sprinting towards the ship, a certain purple mare is glad she keeps in shape with odd exercises that are useful when running for your life.

"I'm done with the for-profit game," Staccata states with a tone of distaste, like she's been insulted. "What caused things to escalate here?"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"Real short story, that. Vampires show up, we open fire, I smoke 'em out, one of them tries some fancy lightning show, and then apparently they took a hike. Not sure whether they were scouts, spies, or a rescue crew. Not that I got a chance to ask them." He glances at Meadow and the ninja. "So uh...rescued, or more PoW's?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

"Real short story, that. Vampires show up, we open fire, I smoke 'em out, one of them tries some fancy lightning show, and then apparently they took a hike. Not sure whether they were scouts, spies, or a rescue crew. Not that I got a chance to ask them." He glances at Meadow and the ninja. "So uh...rescued, or more PoW's?"

"One is a .....I don't even really know what to label them, but the ninja was kinda a pain in the flank, on orders to save the vampony for her Lord. The one actually in ninja garb is the vampony, a real pain in the flank and really good at wasting someone's time,"
    Miss M said bitterly.

Gearstride stayed back making sure everyone got in safely before shutting the heavy steel doors and re initiating the security system.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"One is a .....I don't even really know what to label them, but the ninja was kinda a pain in the flank, on orders to save the vampony for her Lord. The one actually in ninja garb is the vampony, a real pain in the flank and really good at wasting someone's time,"
    Miss M said bitterly.

Gearstride stayed back making sure everyone got in safely before shutting the heavy steel doors and re initiating the security system.
    "Ninja usually are...that's not one, though. And this looks like a job for mildly-inescapable imprisonment! Speaking of..." Click. "Hey Taylor, figured I'd let you know we're not all dead."

"Shhh. Our guest is sleeping, not so loud or you'll wake him."

"Wh-...What are you, his foalsitter?"

"Yes."

"...There are no words." Click. "Sandy, you feel well enough to whip up some more sand chains for the new morons?"
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-09-14 at 06:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"...There are no words." Click. "Sandy, you feel well enough to whip up some more sand chains for the new morons?"
    "Aye, just let me grab a bit more sand," Sandy gave a curt nod and dashed down to the engine room, returning a few moments later with two saddlebags full of the stuff. "Two more sand-chain specials, comin' right up."

Once the prisoners were placed in whatever closets (probably cells right next to Grubbs', who knows) they were to be kept in, Sandy got to work. The ninja got the same sort of treatment as Grubbs, sand holding her legs down, with an additional band over her torso for extra security. Meadow got the remainder of the bag and a half of sand. Legs, torso, neck, muzzle, even enclosing the stake in her leg to keep her from pulling it out. This vampony wasn't going to talk, move, or even think of causing mischief.

After he was done, he trotted back to the others and threw Gearstride a salute, brow sweaty and panting slightly. "Prisoners restrained, Cap'n. They ain't gettin' out of that anytime soon."

26. - Top - End - #86

Cirrus - Staccata

The local rogue lets the crew take care of the prisoners in the way they desire, but there is something that's bothering her at the moment. "Well what do we do next, considering the swarm?"
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Miss M shrugged with one shoulder. "Ninjas, what can ya say really? Aside from its luckier to face hundreds of ninja instead of just one."
    -----------

Gearstride saluted back at Sandy. "That's good, make sure to confiscate whatever the ninja may be carrying on them. We don't want them having extra tricks do escape we didn't account for...."

------------
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Cirrus - Staccata

The local rogue lets the crew take care of the prisoners in the way they desire, but there is something that's bothering her at the moment. "Well what do we do next, considering the swarm?"

"Swarm? Like as in the storm? Or do you mean it as a 'swarm of vamponies'?"
    Gearstride asked.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Gearstride saluted back at Sandy. "That's good, make sure to confiscate whatever the ninja may be carrying on them. We don't want them having extra tricks do escape we didn't account for...."
    Sandy saluted, then went back into the breifing room to frisk the ninja for any more tricks. He also made sure the muzzles on the two of them were tight; he didn't want them giving Grubbs any ideas. Once he was done, he'd report back, dropping off a small pile of whatever odds and ends the ninja was carrying.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Swarm? Like as in the storm? Or do you mean it as a 'swarm of vamponies'?"
    Gearstride asked.
    "Well they're going to be mad about the foalnapping of one of them, and now all their enemies are in one location," Staccata observes.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wouldn't that involve actually coming in here? As in, a privately-owned inside location for which they don't have permission to enter? Heh, I really love those mystical clauses.

Don't get me wrong, it's a problem if we ever want to leave, but for the moment we're safe for planning...or interrogation.

In which case my question is...how do we go about getting information? Smacking, bluffing, or sweet-talking?"