New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Beat

Beat

Oh its you....that little pony with the nasty flank blood. You should really get that checked out by a doctor. Hahah....I probably should have killed you myself that night, oh well, lesson learned, I do better next time.
    "Well whyn't you bring your high-falutin' flank down on over here, an' we'll see how your 'next time goes?" Sandy called out into the dark.

Anyways...hold on...hey.....well..you better fix it...Alright here we go...where was I....oh right..monologue.

You fools have no idea what you've drawn yourselves into, this is something beyond your short lived lives. My apologies you'll have to die tonight, but hey, perhaps we can have tea afterwards.
    The little stallion started shaking and trembling. Only this time, it wasn't anger.

A sharp, barking laugh echoed through the hall. Deep from the belly, harsh and rough, at complete odds with the serious baritone booming out at them. It was a laugh of some mad joke the other party was completely unaware of. And Sandy was in no mood to let the vampony in on it, holding his tummy and lifting his goggles to wipe tears away.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

You in particular are like a rash. You should feel proud.
    "Gee, thanks. I've always wanted to be compared to a skin infection. Plothole."

Anyways...hold on...hey.....well..you better fix it...Alright here we go...where was I....oh right..monologue.

You fools have no idea what you've drawn yourselves into, this is something beyond your short lived lives. My apologies you'll have to die tonight, but hey, perhaps we can have tea afterwards.
    "Um. You forgot 'no one can save you from my cold embrace'. But otherwise, well done. Solid six, six-and-a-half out of ten."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Broken Wall

The little colt's very very scared
    "P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-lease...D-d-d-don't l-let that b-b-b-black thing get m-m-me"
    He says, then seems to start breaking down, then hugs buries his face into Flameshield and starts crying and asking for his mom or dad or something, his voice could be muffled in the guard's coat
    (I'll await Luka's clarification before proceeding with the fight further.)

Flameshield shushed the foal. "It's okay, kid. You're safe here," he whispered, cradling his head.

Eh, debatable.

It annoyingly seems to just be coming off from everywhere, and with the large chamber, the echoes were extra annoying.

You in particular are like a rash. You should feel proud.

Beat

Beat

Oh its you....that little pony with the nasty flank blood. You should really get that checked out by a doctor. Hahah....I probably should have killed you myself that night, oh well, lesson learned, I do better next time.

"Perhaps we will die. But we won't go down without a fight," Silverpine said, sliding his shotgun back with a click. He smiled mirthlessly. "Show us what you got then."

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

Zephyr stared at Staccata, listening to her words. He nodded. Yep, he remembered those two poor fried ponies from earlier.

I don't see why you're so quick to wanting to die little unicorn... but hold on---

Somewhere where a gaggle of vamponies were meeting

What do you mean you can't hold this spell for long? Its such a simple one too! Bah...whatever...keep it--

"Sir....those ponies can still hear you..." The pony worry wart said hesitantly.

Hauh?...well of course....I knew that.....ah...quick turn it off!
    The Master snapped at a random pony holding up the spell.

For our heroes, they would be met with silence.

Damnit....sigh....frankly, I did not want this.....but these pesky ponies leave me no choice, they do not understand.

Worry Wort, Nimbus, go spread the word, get our fighters into positions, we'll have the others set on an escape route. Oh, and tell Bonita and Clod they can do that in there in the temple, it'll be useful and..oh wait...tell Presto she should put up those abjuration spells on everypony....

I'll in the meantime keep with this silly monologue nonsense while everyone's put into position.
    He nodded at Amplifier a unicorn who's special talent was making everything sound like it was being spoken in CAPSLOCK, among other nifty sound related spells. He legally changed his name some years ago from Florence but that's irrelevant. Anyways.

The heroes' silence would be broken.

Right monologue....well I wasn't done with my monologue you damn skin irritation....so you may take your rating and shove them in your friends Giggles McGee and Cheeky o Malley over in what we don't mention in polite company.

[SIZE="1"]The Unicorn's stomped, it seems the helmet protects her well, but not completely, and she's still stunned; between some stomps she tries to spike Silent's hoof with her horn.

if they looked to a side, they would see some strange green bright light coming from behind some boulders on a side of the road....

Booth

Violet just let out a little groan and coughed, clearing her throat a bit, she slowly tries to turn her head and look up, her eyes are still almost closed and her vision kind of foggy though...
    "Ugh.......wha-....uhh....what... hap-....pened?""
    Silent Snow would jump back as she tried to spike him with her horn. This would for a brief moment put an end to his stomps on her head. He picked up what remained of his spear ready to whack her upside the head with it.

Idle Chat continued to apply pressure as instructed and looked down at Violet with a small weary smile. "Just...just relax please....I'll...we'll make sure you're alright young missy."

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Southern.... I ran out of funny titles

(oh... Didn't know the shield was magic )

"Ruby Stone"'s mad, very very mad at Dawnstrider, mroe so after getting his cloak removed and it uncovering his armor, unfortunatelly, it seems armors are better and getting a greatsword throught a join may be hard, but fortunatelly, there's still a gap where Tyrol's spear would fit, it does, pierces the chainmail too and leaves "Ruby Stones" crying at the sudden spear getting to him, he tries to pull it off.

Blade's weapon hits, powered by Arvadraa, but it would backfire: The armor absorbs the dark energy, giving the attacker more strength, even enough to pull Tyrol's spear off, then attack Dawnstrider and the guards with what seems to be some sort of black colored "Razor wind"
    "Aurora." Dawnstrider mutters again. Nothing happens. He sighs. Then leaps in front of the closest guard to take most of that razor wind blow.

---

...Except that it never comes. Arvadraa is stopped dead halfway to the fight, a hoof outstretched, and looking at least twice as angry as Ruby, who happens to be held perfectly still. "No. I appreciate your absorption of the of the dark spectrum over which I have absolute control, but just no." Her voice is her own, but the words sound nothing like what she'd say. The point is made, though; unless the bearer of the armor releases hold of the absorbed shadow magic, chances are something bad happens.

--

Vampony Fracas

Zephyr stared at Staccata, listening to her words. He nodded. Yep, he remembered those two poor fried ponies from earlier.

I don't see why you're so quick to wanting to die little unicorn... but hold on---

What do you mean you can't hold this spell for long? Its such a simple one too! Bah...whatever...keep it--

"Sir....those ponies can still hear you..." The pony worry wart said hesitantly.

Damnit....sigh....frankly, I did not want this.....but these pesky ponies leave me no choice, they do not understand.

Worry Wort, Nimbus, go spread the word, get our fighters into positions, we'll have the others set on an escape route. Oh, and tell Bonita and Clod they can do that in there in the temple, it'll be useful and..oh wait...tell Presto she should put up those abjuration spells on everypony....

I'll in the meantime keep with this silly monologue nonsense while everyone's put into position.
    He nodded at Amplifier a unicorn who's special talent was making everything sound like it was being spoken in CAPSLOCK, among other nifty sound related spells. He legally changed his name some years ago from Florence but that's irrelevant. Anyways.

Right monologue....well I wasn't done with my monologue you damn skin irritation....so you may take your rating and shove them in your friends Giggles McGee and Cheeky o Malley over in what we don't mention in polite company.
    "Okay, now you just sound like a moron. ...And ludicrously incompetent. Can I speak to the actual ringleader please? This is insulting."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

Sandy managed to get his raucous laughter under control enough to resume normal speech. "Hahaha...oh...oh man...okay. Okay, I'm good." He cleared his throat of a few last giggles. "Arlight, Cap'n, what's th' plan? Personally, I ain't keen on listenin' t'this sack of manure, but if'n you want t'let him finish this one, so be it."

(I imagine the Cirrus has dealt with enough villains to be genre-savvy about their monologues )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Okay, now you just sound like a moron. ...And ludicrously incompetent. Can I speak to the actual ringleader please? This is insulting."
    The engineer shook his head. "Actually, hold that thought, Cap'n. I think it's high time I gave this stuck-up sack of manure a piece of my mind. Time for a little walk-an'-talk:"

"Too late now, you're just gonna have t'wait your turn. It's mighty rude t'go twice in a row when other ponies got a piece t'say." Sandy shouted into the darkness. As he talked, he'd follow whatever orders Gear gave/whatever decision the group came to, advance or sit tight. "You ain't actually bankin' on killin' me, are you? 'Cause if so, seems t'me we ain't th' ones dealin' with bum information. Now you just sit tight a spell an' listen fer once;"

"Six years ago, on th' very first day of basic training, a wagon full o' smithin' anvils overturned on a group of new recruits. Some of 'em got busted legs, some of 'em got crushed, an' me? I got a lil' scrape on my knee. On my first scoutin' mission, a whole pack o' manticores stumbled on our squad. Instead of gettin' mauled, one of 'em back-handed me all th' way t'camp, an' I walked away with a sprained hoof. At a border skirmish with a band of Zebra raiders, no less than fifteen grenades exploded a hoof's distance away from me, an' yet here I am. After joinin' this crew, I was put t'work on engines that are only slightly less volatile than a dragon with mornin' breath, an' I'm still not dead. Seriously, they blow up even when we have 'em shut off! An' speakin' of dragons, not a month ago, one of 'em near snapped my leg in half, beat me senseless, and ate most of my magic or somethin', an' you know what I did? I let myself get strapped into a cannon an' used as a battery t'blast that thing into th' hereafter! An' guess what? I. Still. Survived."

"But before all of that! I lived through one of th' most deadly plagues known t'ponykind, an' I was hardly a colt! All my life, I've been beaten, bruised, stabbed, shot, stabbed an' shot, bitten, burned, concussed, blinded, abandoned, soul nearly eaten on three different occasions, infected, foalnapped, betrayed, broken, an' Luna knows what else I've forgotten on that list! Th' whole dang universe has done more damage t'me than I bet you're vampony blood has healed in all yer unholy life! An' you seem t'think that you'll have better luck doin' me in?!"

"Well let me tell you what, Mister. I'd advise you just stake yourself now, an' save yourself th' trouble. 'Cause you've gotten me good an' steamed. Y'kill off innocent ponies 'cause bein' alive's some sorta curse t'you, then y'go an' make them your mindless slaves, then y'can't even be bothered t'treat them as more than cannon fodder?! I don't need t'know what's goin' on, other than th' fact that you're nothin' less than pure evil, an' I ain't gonna rest until you're dead for good. An' if th' two of us are fightin', an' only one of us can walk away?"

Sandy chuckled mirthlessly. "Afraid th' odds ain't on your side."

(Note: While Sandy is ranting back at the vampony, everypony else can be forming up, moving up, planning, etc. He's both giving the vampony a piece of his mind, and giving everypony a chance to get situated. Because seriously, who expects the heroes to attack while giving their speech of righteous fury? )

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

Lochbed rubs her chin "Well, unicorns usually escape when they cannae take it no mo. Pegasuses and earth ponies usually have ta run. Only ponies who want ta stay in the Faelands, stay."

Rainbow

Rainbow does whatever she is ordered to.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

8. - Top - End - #878
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Showdown

Staccata does what could be expected of a rogue when a distraction is going on. She's out in front seeing what can be seen and potentially causing trouble/stabbing what's there. Standard operation. Boy the ponies are sure long-winded tonight.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

Sandy managed to get his raucous laughter under control enough to resume normal speech. "Hahaha...oh...oh man...okay. Okay, I'm good." He cleared his throat of a few last giggles. "Arlight, Cap'n, what's th' plan? Personally, I ain't keen on listenin' t'this sack of manure, but if'n you want t'let him finish this one, so be it."

"I don't care, let the idiot talk....we should probably check out the passages...there are six of them.."
    Gearstride whispered unsure if she could be heard or not.

============
    Sweet, having your enemy freely monologue and waste their time while you prepare, what more can a vampony ask for.

Nice story, I'm sure there's some sort of academy award for kitschy speeches. And hey, they weren't fodder, they were front line defenses.
    He lied. The mindless part couldn't be helped, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves without some mind altering puppet control. Useless, that's what they'd be.

As for what Staccata, she'd see the rubble where the four pegasi may or may not be under if they were bothered to be removed. Straight up ahead, maybe the vampony couple if they were bothered to be removed. And up straight ahead that was an alter.
    ========

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Lochbed

Lochbed rubs her chin "Well, unicorns usually escape when they cannae take it no mo. Pegasuses and earth ponies usually have ta run. Only ponies who want ta stay in the Faelands, stay."

"This all sounds.....like too much information for my brain to handle..."
    Ember pouted and laid his head on the table.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-31 at 10:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880

Vampony Showdown

Luckily the rogue knows better than to go messing with altars away from the group. Staccata instead keeps a decent distance and tries to investigate the thing. Kobold god? Bloody sacrifices? You can learn a lot about a place by its dark altar.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

Southern.... I ran out of funny titles

(oh... Didn't know the shield was magic )

"Ruby Stone"'s mad, very very mad at Dawnstrider, mroe so after getting his cloak removed and it uncovering his armor, unfortunatelly, it seems armors are better and getting a greatsword throught a join may be hard, but fortunatelly, there's still a gap where Tyrol's spear would fit, it does, pierces the chainmail too and leaves "Ruby Stones" crying at the sudden spear getting to him, he tries to pull it off.

Blade's weapon hits, powered by Arvadraa, but it would backfire: The armor absorbs the dark energy, giving the attacker more strength, even enough to pull Tyrol's spear off, then attack Dawnstrider and the guards with what seems to be some sort of black colored "Razor wind"

The Unicorn's stomped, it seems the helmet protects her well, but not completely, and she's still stunned; between some stomps she tries to spike Silent's hoof with her horn.

if they looked to a side, they would see some strange green bright light coming from behind some boulders on a side of the road....
    "Hah, got you!" Lemongrass cried, twisting the spear just to make sure it went in, before jumping back to avoid any potential retaliation, still leaving the spear stuck within. Then, he belatedly realised he was now without a weapon. "Crud. I really should think these through." He hovered in the air instead, readying to buck the opponent.

"Aurora." Dawnstrider mutters again. Nothing happens. He sighs. Then leaps in front of the closest guard to take most of that razor wind blow.

---

...Except that it never comes. Arvadraa is stopped dead halfway to the fight, a hoof outstretched, and looking at least twice as angry as Ruby, who happens to be held perfectly still. "No. I appreciate your absorption of the of the dark spectrum over which I have absolute control, but just no." Her voice is her own, but the words sound nothing like what she'd say. The point is made, though; unless the bearer of the armor releases hold of the absorbed shadow magic, chances are something bad happens.
    Tyrol raised his shield anyway to take the supposed razor wind. Then, silence. He peeked out behind the shield to see what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Gate]

Seeing her spikes strike the armour, Blades grinned. They would no doubt lodge themselves in the chainmail "All right, then! Time to take ya out carpenter style!" She proceeded to approach even closer, throwing heavier projectiles at the spikes to hammer them in even deeper.

Night Jewel noticed the light and crept over to investigate it. Maybe she wasn't going to be so useless after all.
    "Y'know. I never actually heard of a carpenter style," Lemongrass shouted.

Vampony Fracas

"I don't care, let the idiot talk....we should probably check out the passages...there are six of them.."

============
    Sweet, having your enemy freely monologue and waste their time while you prepare, what more can a vampony ask for.

Nice story, I'm sure there's some sort of academy award for kitschy speeches. And hey, they weren't fodder, they were front line defenses.
    He lied. The mindless part couldn't be helped, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves without some mind altering puppet control. Useless, that's what they'd be.

As for what Staccata, she'd see the rubble where the four pegasi may or may not be under if they were bothered to be removed. Straight up ahead, maybe the vampony couple if they were bothered to be removed. And up straight ahead that was an alter.
    "Well, unless you want to split up..." Silverpine whispered right back.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-10-31 at 11:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Well, unless you want to split up..." Silverpine whispered right back.
    Thankfully, Sandy remembered his chapter on basic in-combat hoof signals. Those were awfully hard to overhear, and he was getting a good rant going. The engineer made the sign for "enemy" and "retreat", then pointed at each passage in kind with a questioning look on his face. Which passageway did the enemy vampony retreat to?

As they continued to investigate, Sandy kept up his little shouting match. "Oh, so y'keep your front lines guarded with unarmed, unarmored, stupid drones with no backup or sense o' tactics? Sounds an awful lot like fodder t'me." The little unicorn chuckled to himself. "I wonder, did y'actually get anypony t'follow you willingly, or did ya' have t'make it so they can't say 'no'? 'Cause if I were them, I'd be a mite nervous 'bout how easy you send your own off t'be slaughtered."

(Yeah, time is just weird with the shouting match. I'm keeping them in one post for avoiding overall confusion.)

13. - Top - End - #883
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Southen gate]
    (gonna try ordering things a bit per character)

-"Ruby"-
    Arvadraa's magic was thrown along the Razon wind, as a stream of magic from "Ruby" enveloped it and sent it into the attack, it would hit both Lemongrass' shield and Dawnstrider.
    If the first's guard shield is magic or better than a wooden buckler, then it would mostly dissipate the attack or get a line marked on it; if it was it would break in half. Dawnstrider would meet most of the slice onto the armor, but some may go inside joints and possibly still hit him, but at scattered spots.

Ruby would just pull Lemongrass' spear off, panting, then just recovering his rage "Alright!....You're all...Going to reg-" Then there comes Blades' attack, her spikes where actually deflected off by the plate armor, except an unoffensive one somewhat stuck on a joint.
    "Stop that! you're annoying!" the attacker says before striking one of Blades' projectiles and sending it back, but this time full of dark energy AND with a disc around it that made the others do so too.

-Unicorn-
    She's hit on the head, however her helmet still protects her and her horn embeds on the shaft, after that she just shakes her head and possibly hits Silent in the face with it, then stands up, gives an irritated growl and charges at the guard, intending to stab him. Luka's out of range and just approaching.

-NEW! two new dark armors from a boulder-
    After the others reacted to the attackers, 2 new dark armored ones appear, but these are different: their armor seem even stronger, somewhat bigger, bigger plates, pretty small joints with what seem to be plates above them and maybe slightly more ornate, maybe for magic purposes things or something?

One seems to be a unicorn with a green spell glow, the other an earth pony or something. The unicorn approaches with the horn glowing, the mare just trots up.

Booth
    Violet just tries to raise a hoof, trying to touch Idle to see how far away is he, foggy vision and almost closed eyes
    "Uh....Wha.....What is-.... Going on?.... I.....feel tired, or weak.....Ow....."

Broken Wall

Poor little colt just keeps crying in the guard's coat
    "It-It-It was scary! please! don't let it take me!"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawnstrider

"Oh I certainly regret not leaving at least competence manuals behind. Is this your best? I think you should run home and train until you pose a modicum of a threat." Dawnstrider intones, reaching out to the greatsword's full length while cartwheeling to make himself less of an easy target. The returned projectile is knocked spinning off course, and he lands to another side, blade already thrusting from one particular side at a weak point he can see, but just slightly off. Enough so that either an immediate dodging or blocking reflex will put the weak spot directly on course for major pain.

---

Dr. Arvadraa

The unicorn may be a bit surprised to find that the flutter pony that used to be some distance away is now unleashing a full body-slam from underneath, like she somehow popped out of the ground. It might not do much except be a distraction, but then, that was the plan.

"Do make an effort to dispatch an opponent closer to your own caliber. It would improve my mood immensely." She says, standing perfectly still with a wicked grin plastered on her face.

---

Daniel

He blinks. Then again. Then takes out his bow, gives the rest of the group the universal shrug of 'I cannot top this one's speechification, and will thus be quiet', and makes sure his nightvision monocle is firmly in place.

---

Taylor

Taylor looks up from his work, furrows his brow, and addresses Grubbs, for reasons...no, not even Luna would know.

"Ever just get a sudden feeling that you're missing everything?"

15. - Top - End - #885
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Gate]

The dark energy once again caused the projectiles to crumble to dust instead of turning back on Blades. It seemed that first time wasn't a fluke. Something made them unwilling to cooperate with that magic.

Blades, however, had other things on her mind. Specifically, taking out her heaviest hammer and advancing even further, waiting for a good chance to strike.

~

"Would you get out from there?" said Flare to Arvadraa irritatedly. "You're making this more inconvenient."

~

Night Jewel stepped back. Figures. I suppose this part is up to me. She examined them carefully, trying to find a way to distract them safely.

Then she got an idea. Those armour joins! They're mechanical! They must be designed pretty carefully to allow the ponies inside to move. One failure to bend, and...

She concentrated her magic on the armour joins of the unicorn to twist them out of shape and jam them as much as she could.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

For Staccata, At the old alter, coincidentally carved into the top of what was a shallowed, bowl like top, was also the carved image of Celestia's cutiemark and Luna's cutiemark overlaid it. Foreshadowing for a different plotline? Nothing sinister at all cough. Though, recently the alter was used as a make shift throne, there were a few drops of blood as if though some vampony was eating earlier. But these were not a thing to be seen at a decent distance. If Staccata did move in closer she would find no harm befouling her.

Gearstride shook her head to the splitting up, the last thing they needed was to be caught in a tunnel by yourself, with a horde of undead barreling down to rip you to shreds. If you were lucky, you'd maybe kill one before meeting your maker soon.

She then stared at Sandy and shrugged. "Dunno, kinda busy dealing with a vampony and being on fire for a short while." Zephyr shrugged too, he had been too distracted with having vamponies on his tail and focusing on flying around in blurring speeds. And then there was Miss M who shrugged and pointed to the left, where there were three different passageways, she herself was uncertain, but eh, happens when you're busy fighting undead who've managed to foose around with your sense of detection down here, making you lampshade earlier how nerfed you feel.

Ooh...but vampony bickering!

That was a misfortune, they were still raw and fresh, we did not have the time to allow for them to adjust their minds and bodies for an undead existence. We had a threat on our tails and I would sacrifice them before sacrificing members of my clan, my children to the likes of you. Be forewarned, we will, I will fight you to the death if it means to protect our family----

Sandy would be met with silence.

Amplifier stopped the spell and looked at his Master with watery-blood eyes.

The Master looked at him with confusion and brought a hoof towards his chest. "Err...what are you doing? What's wrong?"

"Sniffle, ya really mean that? That'd you fight for us to the death?" Super round watery blood puppy eyes go!

"Uh...yea...sure, yes....but uh..can you activate your spell again, I was having a bicker fest or something."
    He patted Amp on the head.

"Right, sniffle, sorry.." Amp replied with a smile.

Sandy and all would be meet with unsilence

Right..right...come on...don't cry....there there Ampy.....aw crap this is back on....ahem....

Yes, so don't take me or us too lightly....!

--------

The Cirrus- Meeting Room- Grubs

Grubs just glanced at Taylor in confusion. "Whats us youse talkin's abouts?"
    --------

Southern Gate Comforts

[Fighting that unicorn]

Silent Snow was hit in the face and staggers backwards. He recovers enough to see a charging unicorn charge towards him. He tries to levitate a heavy tree branch that no doubt fell during the battle. He would try to bring it in front of her to try to trip her.

[In the guard booth]

Idle grabs her hoof with both of his and pressed it towards his cheek. "Sssh sssh rookie....Miss Violet, don't speak, just relax...I promise you you'll survive this." Idle the emotional colt-stallion who was such a friendly guy was doing his darnest to hold back his tears.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

[Southen gate]
    (gonna try ordering things a bit per character)

-"Ruby"-
    Arvadraa's magic was thrown along the Razon wind, as a stream of magic from "Ruby" enveloped it and sent it into the attack, it would hit both Lemongrass' shield and Dawnstrider.
    If the first's guard shield is magic or better than a wooden buckler, then it would mostly dissipate the attack or get a line marked on it; if it was it would break in half. Dawnstrider would meet most of the slice onto the armor, but some may go inside joints and possibly still hit him, but at scattered spots.

Ruby would just pull Lemongrass' spear off, panting, then just recovering his rage "Alright!....You're all...Going to reg-" Then there comes Blades' attack, her spikes where actually deflected off by the plate armor, except an unoffensive one somewhat stuck on a joint.
    "Stop that! you're annoying!" the attacker says before striking one of Blades' projectiles and sending it back, but this time full of dark energy AND with a disc around it that made the others do so too.

-Unicorn-
    She's hit on the head, however her helmet still protects her and her horn embeds on the shaft, after that she just shakes her head and possibly hits Silent in the face with it, then stands up, gives an irritated growl and charges at the guard, intending to stab him. Luka's out of range and just approaching.

-NEW! two new dark armors from a boulder-
    After the others reacted to the attackers, 2 new dark armored ones appear, but these are different: their armor seem even stronger, somewhat bigger, bigger plates, pretty small joints with what seem to be plates above them and maybe slightly more ornate, maybe for magic purposes things or something?

One seems to be a unicorn with a green spell glow, the other an earth pony or something. The unicorn approaches with the horn glowing, the mare just trots up.

Booth
    Violet just tries to raise a hoof, trying to touch Idle to see how far away is he, foggy vision and almost closed eyes
    "Uh....Wha.....What is-.... Going on?.... I.....feel tired, or weak.....Ow....."
    Tyrol found himself being blasted by magic energy projectiles again. Fortunately, his shield still held, though he could sense it beginning to buckle dangerously under the renewed assault. Lemongrass just dove to the ground, avoiding it altogether.

Dawnstrider

"Oh I certainly regret not leaving at least competence manuals behind. Is this your best? I think you should run home and train until you pose a modicum of a threat." Dawnstrider intones, reaching out to the greatsword's full length while cartwheeling to make himself less of an easy target. The returned projectile is knocked spinning off course, and he lands to another side, blade already thrusting from one particular side at a weak point he can see, but just slightly off. Enough so that either an immediate dodging or blocking reflex will put the weak spot directly on course for major pain.

---

Dr. Arvadraa

The unicorn may be a bit surprised to find that the flutter pony that used to be some distance away is now unleashing a full body-slam from underneath, like she somehow popped out of the ground. It might not do much except be a distraction, but then, that was the plan.

"Do make an effort to dispatch an opponent closer to your own caliber. It would improve my mood immensely." She says, standing perfectly still with a wicked grin plastered on her face.
    "Ever think our rescuers might be even more creepy than the enemy?"

"Shut up, Lemongrass. Trying not to get killed here." Tyrol's thought suddenly drifted back to Staccata and wondered what might the rogue be doing now. Probably out stalking somepony, he reckoned.

"Party pooper," Lemongrass muttered. Seeing Dawnstrider attacking, he galloped at the "Ruby" and bucked him squarely on the side.

Southern Gate Comforts

[Fighting that unicorn]

Silent Snow was hit in the face and staggers backwards. He recovers enough to see a charging unicorn charge towards him. He tries to levitate a heavy tree branch that no doubt fell during the battle. He would try to bring it in front of her to try to trip her.

[In the guard booth]

Idle grabs her hoof with both of his and pressed it towards his cheek. "Sssh sssh rookie....Miss Violet, don't speak, just relax...I promise you you'll survive this." Idle the emotional colt-stallion who was such a friendly guy was doing his darnest to hold back his tears.
    And a new contestantPC appeared! Snowflake approached the booth in full speed, barely slowing down as she landed nearby with a loud thump. A large leather bag marked with the universal sign of first aid hung on her sides. "Sorry! Was helping Harten inventory our weapon stock," she wheezed, galloping over to where Idle and Violet. The pegasus knelt and began tending to the injured mare. "... huh, somepony already did the work."

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Gate]

The dark energy once again caused the projectiles to crumble to dust instead of turning back on Blades. It seemed that first time wasn't a fluke. Something made them unwilling to cooperate with that magic.

Blades, however, had other things on her mind. Specifically, taking out her heaviest hammer and advancing even further, waiting for a good chance to strike.

~

"Would you get out from there?" said Flare to Arvadraa irritatedly. "You're making this more inconvenient."

~

Night Jewel stepped back. Figures. I suppose this part is up to me. She examined them carefully, trying to find a way to distract them safely.

Then she got an idea. Those armour joins! They're mechanical! They must be designed pretty carefully to allow the ponies inside to move. One failure to bend, and...

She concentrated her magic on the armour joins of the unicorn to twist them out of shape and jam them as much as she could.
    Tyrol and Lemongrass were a little too busy to deal with more threats at the moment.

Broken Wall

Poor little colt just keeps crying in the guard's coat
    "It-It-It was scary! please! don't let it take me!"
    "It won't. I'm here now, remember?" Flameshield said. He nudged the foal onto his back and began carrying back to the street, where it was ostensibly safer than being right next to the now-destroyed wall.

Vampony Fracas

For Staccata, At the old alter, coincidentally carved into the top of what was a shallowed, bowl like top, was also the carved image of Celestia's cutiemark and Luna's cutiemark overlaid it. Foreshadowing for a different plotline? Nothing sinister at all cough. Though, recently the alter was used as a make shift throne, there were a few drops of blood as if though some vampony was eating earlier. But these were not a thing to be seen at a decent distance. If Staccata did move in closer she would find no harm befouling her.

Gearstride shook her head to the splitting up, the last thing they needed was to be caught in a tunnel by yourself, with a horde of undead barreling down to rip you to shreds. If you were lucky, you'd maybe kill one before meeting your maker soon.

She then stared at Sandy and shrugged. "Dunno, kinda busy dealing with a vampony and being on fire for a short while." Zephyr shrugged too, he had been too distracted with having vamponies on his tail and focusing on flying around in blurring speeds. And then there was Miss M who shrugged and pointed to the left, where there were three different passageways, she herself was uncertain, but eh, happens when you're busy fighting undead who've managed to foose around with your sense of detection down here, making you lampshade earlier how nerfed you feel.

That was a misfortune, they were still raw and fresh, we did not have the time to allow for them to adjust their minds and bodies for an undead existence. We had a threat on our tails and I would sacrifice them before sacrificing members of my clan, my children to the likes of you. Be forewarned, we will, I will fight you to the death if it means to protect our family----

Amplifier stopped the spell and looked at his Master with watery-blood eyes.

The Master looked at him with confusion and brought a hoof towards his chest. "Err...what are you doing? What's wrong?"

"Sniffle, ya really mean that? That'd you fight for us to the death?" Super round watery blood puppy eyes go!

"Uh...yea...sure, yes....but uh..can you activate your spell again, I was having a bicker fest or something."
    He patted Amp on the head.

"Right, sniffle, sorry.." Amp replied with a smile.

Right..right...come on...don't cry....there there Ampy.....aw crap this is back on....ahem....

"I don't know if that was an actual mistake or a cunning attempt to get us to sympathise with them," Silverpine commented. But yes! Dilemma. Where to go and all that. Seeing Staccata starting to move off, he nudged Zephyr and pointed in her direction. "Go with her, maybe the two of you could find out more."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-01 at 09:43 AM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

(Splitting up bickering and other actions, huzzah!)

Left passages? That sparked a recollection in the little engineer from the start of their little battle. During one of the times when Captain McVampypants was blathering on, he trotted to within whisper-range of the Cap'n and Silverpine. "Cap'n, them civvy vamponies came out of th' center left one! I remember, I was gettin' my bearings after doin' a flip-stab on one o' th' real vamponies, an' that's where they all rushed out from."

Sandy raised an eyebrow, though heck if he knew whether or not this 'Master' pony could see him. Villains who tried taking the moral high ground; they made him sick to his stomach. "So, hold up a sec; you either sacrificed somepony else's children, or y'sacrificed your future children? You're not helpin' your case none, I can tell y'that much. What, you got another of yours you'll force t'send their children down t'stop us? Or is it you do have a rankin' of your 'clan'? Who's ranked lowest after 'future children'? You gonna sacrifice them next?"

A pause. "Hey, Ampy? Hello? Anypony else listenin' over there? This sounds like th' sorta stuff ya'll should be askin' him, 'cause either your unlives or your spawn's are probably 'bout t'be used as cannon fodder. Just a professional opinion is all."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-01 at 09:42 AM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

"It's ochkay. Ye'd love it there. Just stick wit meh." Lochbed said in a soft tone. She patted his back and gave him a nuzzle. "We lovers can go there so Awbade can be alone with her date."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed

"It's ochkay. Ye'd love it there. Just stick wit meh." Lochbed said in a soft tone. She patted his back and gave him a nuzzle. "We lovers can go there so Awbade can be alone with her date."
    Ember got caught up in the nuzzle that alot of that barely registered in his thoughts, Aubade who was listening being at the table and all eating furrowed her brows.

"...I told you...I am uncertain of that now.....I don't think I should go...I don't know..."
    She said staring at her breakfast.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-01 at 12:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Taylor

"Ahh, nothing important." He slides a last mechanism into place and looks at the shiny new grenade critically. "Okay, well, this one will either work perfectly or be a fiery deathtrap for everypony involved. Any of you got a bit I could toss?"

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember got caught up in the nuzzle that alot of that barely registered in his thoughts, Aubade who was listening being at the table and all eating furrowed her brows.

"...I told you...I am uncertain of that now.....I don't think I should go...I don't know..."
    She said staring at her breakfast.
    "My studies of ye ponies is that without companionship and friendship, ye energy wither. So ye need take make more friends and lovers, best friend Awbade." the kelpie between hard kneads of the young lord's shoulders.

Rainbow

"By the way these vamponies act and move, they do not respect nor understand the importance of the chain of command. The CoC and your spot in them is an important matter." Rainbow loaded all her crossbows. The left front loaded with a trick arrow.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #893

Vampony Showdown

There's something... infinitely distracting about that that symbol. It's new, novel, and something Staccata can't place. She finds herself going out into the open *gasp* to get a better look. Well, after a few looks around because paranoia good.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "I don't know if that was an actual mistake or a cunning attempt to get us to sympathise with them," Silverpine commented. But yes! Dilemma. Where to go and all that. Seeing Staccata starting to move off, he nudged Zephyr and pointed in her direction. "Go with her, maybe the two of you could find out more."

"Uh..sure...right.."
    Zephyr nodded and flew over to Staccata at the alter at the very north end of the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Left passages? That sparked a recollection in the little engineer from the start of their little battle. During one of the times when Captain McVampypants was blathering on, he trotted to within whisper-range of the Cap'n and Silverpine. "Cap'n, them civvy vamponies came out of th' center left one! I remember, I was gettin' my bearings after doin' a flip-stab on one o' th' real vamponies, an' that's where they all rushed out from."

"Right...come on...Lieutenant, Second Lieutenant, Daniel, Miss M..."
    She gestured with a hoof towards the left middle passageway.
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amish
    Sandy raised an eyebrow, though heck if he knew whether or not this 'Master' pony could see him. Villains who tried taking the moral high ground; they made him sick to his stomach. "So, hold up a sec; you either sacrificed somepony else's children, or y'sacrificed your future children? You're not helpin' your case none, I can tell y'that much. What, you got another of yours you'll force t'send their children down t'stop us? Or is it you do have a rankin' of your 'clan'? Who's ranked lowest after 'future children'? You gonna sacrifice them next?"

A pause. "Hey, Ampy? Hello? Anypony else listenin' over there? This sounds like th' sorta stuff ya'll should be askin' him, 'cause either your unlives or your spawn's are probably 'bout t'be used as cannon fodder. Just a professional opinion is all."

Don't answer him my child, he doesn't understand our structure, our, ways, our legacy.
    The voice replied in a low tone, one could almost imagine him narrowing his eyes.

The conversation ends here. See you in a moment Sandy Shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    Taylor

"Ahh, nothing important." He slides a last mechanism into place and looks at the shiny new grenade critically. "Okay, well, this one will either work perfectly or be a fiery deathtrap for everypony involved. Any of you got a bit I could toss?"
    Grubbs just stared, he didn't have anything on him. And Meadow couldn't respond or move or anything if she wanted to, and she did.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Vampony Showdown

There's something... infinitely distracting about that that symbol. It's new, novel, and something Staccata can't place. She finds herself going out into the open *gasp* to get a better look. Well, after a few looks around because paranoia good.
    She's able to see the symbol as described better and it looks extra ornate up close. There seems to be writing in an old Equestrian alphabet from ancient times scribed into the stone. Its on the small size, the writing that is.

"My studies of ye ponies is that without companionship and friendship, ye energy wither. So ye need take make more friends and lovers, best friend Awbade." the kelpie says in between hard kneads of the young lord's shoulders.
    Ember melted under her massage and wagged his tongue like a pup as he closed his eyes.

"...Maybe..."
    Aubade replied with uncertainty of this assessment.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-01 at 11:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895

Vampony Showdown

Staccata's for once too busy to notice anything. She's simply found too large a curiosity. If she would be packing heavy instead of light like now, she would have had some paper and charcoal or something.

Old alphabet? Have to bring M down here.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Don't answer him my child, he doesn't understand our structure, our, ways, our legacy.
    The voice replied in a low tone, one could almost imagine him narrowing his eyes.

The conversation ends here. See you in a moment Sandy Shores.
    Ordering his spawn not to think about the blatant lie he just got caught in? Sandy couldn't help but laugh at how flimsy the vampony's argument had become. "Hey! Ampy an' them! He didn't say no~!" he called out in a mocking, sing-song voice. Ordinarily, the threat of imminent pain, probable death, and general unpleasantness would have him feeling more than a little scared, but tonight? He felt on top of the world.

In fact, good enough for one last parting shot: "See ya in a few, what's-your-face. Mighty good monologue y'had there."

Vampony Fracas

"Right...come on...Lieutenant, Second Lieutenant, Daniel, Miss M..."
    She gestured with a hoof towards the left middle passageway.
    Sandy nodded and took up a position in the front, knives and stakes out.

[Sandy: Two knives (out) One makeshift stake and three normal stakes (out), One makeshift stake (sheathed), Magic: Almost full]

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

Daniel hums a jaunty tune (which, despite being nonmagical, has still gotta count for something) and gives Sandy some meaningful glances before finally speaking up.

"Okay. It needs to be said. You win all the medals. You completely destroyed that guy. I'm in awe." He plucks his bowstring like a lute and sighs happily. "I think I even feel a ballad coming on."

--

Taylor

"Curses. Well, at the very least I figure mad science experiments come around noon, and-" He stops. He blinks. He looks shocked.

"Um. Aurora, lucis nunc absolvo vobis custodiam. I guess. Huh. Well, it looks like something big's going down...but not with the crew."

Beat.

"Anypony in the mood for cupcakes?"

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

Jab poke prod. The fey monster girl loosens the muscles of the pegasus noble. Touching each of Ember's muscular contours and mounds filled Lochbed with heat. Her cheeks redden over her doofy smile just a bit. "Ye see how happy Am make Ember. This be the powah owe faetouched have. And the power of friendship between ye ponies be just as great."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Daniel

Daniel hums a jaunty tune (which, despite being nonmagical, has still gotta count for something) and gives Sandy some meaningful glances before finally speaking up.

"Okay. It needs to be said. You win all the medals. You completely destroyed that guy. I'm in awe." He plucks his bowstring like a lute and sighs happily. "I think I even feel a ballad coming on."
    Sandy's face scrunched up into a smile; clearly pleased with the praise, but with little idea on what exactly to do with it. "Shucks, I just can't abide villains what try an' prop 'emselves up on some sorta flimsy moral high horse. Just doin' my civic duty an' takin' him down a peg or three."

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Fracas

The North Alter

It was then Zephyr plopped on over here and glanced over at Staccata. "Uh...I was just told to come join you and stuff."

Towards the Left Middle Passageway

There was no response to Sandy, except silence, which technically counts as a response.

Anyways. "...This is where I wished I had my flash bombs. Toss one nicely in the tunnel, blind the fools, and then stabbity death stab." Gearstride muttered as she leaned against the wall outside the passageway. She held in her mouth simply her combat knife, in which she felt she was totally going to die.

"Sweet Luna my senses are still fubared in here but at least the presence feels stronger down there.."
    Miss M muttered and closed her eyes and prepared herself.
    ========

The Cirrus

A muffled noise came from Meadow while Grubbs looked at Taylor with tired confusion. "Me...?"
    ========

Ember, Lochbed, and Aubade

"Well, I think the young Master is just really receptive to massages,"
    Aubade replied watching Ember just put on a dopey smile of his own. His tail flicked.

"So anyways, are you trying to tell me to give that Heavy Ale chance even if you used the word 'liar' to describe him?"
    Aubade understood that ponies, well they sometimes lied, it was fact. But when the word 'liar' was used as a trait, then it just becomes iffy.