New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Vampony BrouHAHA

Miss M rolled her eyes at the lame rock pun, and tried to hide a small betraying smile.

"Boulders? Right...How about some stacked pews instead? I know, I could try to **** some boulder sized gallstones but that could take all night and maybe some McDairyKing food." Was that sarcasm? Not even I know. She was going to go get some pews instead, those were readily available after all.

Alas, there were only two with elongated teeth readily available, Honor Guard's body was still attaching itself, not that much time had passed for this particularly injury to insta-heal. But two were surely enough.

Zippity Do ignores Miss M's....behavior and heads to pick up some pews. She stacks about four heavy ass pews on her back and makes her way to the entrance. Miss M helped set them up.

"If we need to get a move on, then we'll punch the pews out of the way," Zippity replied in her dry way as she dropped off the pews and let Daniel do his thing afterward. Though, who knows, maybe something will go wrong, its always a risk...

Gearstride would make herself and Silverpine some torches....she used her useless hoof in the process, and cloth from her tattered uniform. "Lieutenant, my heart carries a torch for you." She said with a small smile, holding a torch.

Meanwhile, Zephyr and the other five vamponies were still doing their thing. Zephyr would never get the taste of Sandy's blood out of his mouth. He missed Blitz's, it was delicious and sweet and not too iron-y in flavor.
    ===============

Ember-Not Kansas

Ember's eyes, naturally, went wide in surprise and shock as he found himself suddenly in a new world with all sorts of unusual creatures, sights and smells. His pupils dilated making him look like a young foal.

He immediately clung to Lochbed as if she would protect him. "E-eh he heh..a...l-l-lead on."
    ---

Aubade-Needle Alley

And so they left this colt's house or whatever it was. Aubade turned to Heavy Ale, not clinging to him anymore having had become accustomed here. "So...Heavy Ale...uh...what now?"

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "By contributions I mean actually going out and teaching ponies new things, writing books about the spells in question. Sure you could say somepony casting a new spell could be an innovation, but nothing really is an innovation unless other's know about it."
    She blushed.
    "Sorry about my, um, ferocity on this subject. My old teacher would be disappointed in me if I wasn't so...erm, fierce."
    "Ya like innovations? Then maybe we'll get along quite well! I'm currently thinkin' of new weapon designs 'n things to help keep up with the flyin' 'n magical types...

"Say, did any of ya get a sample of that metal they were usin'?"
    Blades glanced around, now seeming interested again.

[Appropriate Cutaway]

Night Jewel stifled a sneeze.

"Well, look at that. A little curse. How cute." She laughed. "This warrants further investigation. Where does this trick come from, does it discriminate between friend and foe, and, most importantly, how can I use it to my advantage?"

With that, she proceeded to test her magic on it. Most ponies would be put off by its defences, but she enjoyed challenges and risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "There's this awesome modern inventions; sunglasses. Less weird-looking, same effect."

"...Sunglasses?"

"...And back to feeling like I live in Medieval times."
    "Well, excuse me for being unfamiliar with your modern conveniences. It comes of being sealed away for several hundred years. At least you were not being lazy when it came to inventing."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "Not to burst your lava bubble, or anything, but half of us have no idea who you are."
    "Really. I suppose I will have to reestablish myself, then. For now, know that I was trapped underground for a reason. "

"Psh, ferocity just means you got a heart for what you're saying. Which would be an advantage. But the problem with a 'knowledge for all' stance is that it's nearly impossible to make a spell that can't kill or harm or maim ponies. And when you've got the likes of Captain D. Darky Darkness running around like a dragon fresh out of hibernation...It can go from equality to fire pretty quick.

Not that that's a bad thing."
    "Ya'd be surprised what ya can kill things with," remarked Blades. "I once beat a dog to death with a drinkin' mug. Of course, the mug didn't survive either, but it's not a big loss."

"I can see your point... What was your name again? I think it started with an S. Anyway, given what some ponies can accomplish without magic, sharing potentially dangerous magical knowledge with them seems superfluous."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lochbed

Nae time tae waste. Mah faither shoods be at coort wi' th' other nobles. Lochbed said from behind the newcomer.

The fae all turn their heads toward Ember for a moment. Then go back to their business. A trio of brownish pony-like figures with green pupil-less eyes and leafy manes trot up to him. "Fa be thes body?"

It be mah colt. noble an' raur.

"Raur? Good for ye. An' he be noble. So ye naw be a noble, Lochbed. Lady Lochbed of Loches."

"Ah. Git mah lad a sit ay suits an' myself a frock."

"Ah Lady Lochbed." One of the fae waved one of her woody hooves and glamoured the dress Lochbed was wearing into a tight suit of leafy armor with many frills on the dress. For a moment the lingerie she wore when unhidden.

Another fae waved two hooves and fitted Ember tightly with a matching more masculine leaf armor. It was accompanied with a side-sword and a mail hood made of vine. "Ye faither will be canty tae see ye."

"Will he?" answered Lochbed.

The tree nymphs bowed at Ember's hooves. "Ye command, Lord of Loches."

Heavy Ale

Heavy Ale pointed out to the less gloomy street at the intersection/ "Best to take you home. It'll be rude to make you continue. I'll pay for a taxi."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Vampony BrouHAHA

Miss M rolled her eyes at the lame rock pun, and tried to hide a small betraying smile.

"Boulders? Right...How about some stacked pews instead? I know, I could try to **** some boulder sized gallstones but that could take all night and maybe some McDairyKing food." Was that sarcasm? Not even I know. She was going to go get some pews instead, those were readily available after all.

Alas, there were only two with elongated teeth readily available, Honor Guard's body was still attaching itself, not that much time had passed for this particularly injury to insta-heal. But two were surely enough.

Zippity Do ignores Miss M's....behavior and heads to pick up some pews. She stacks about four heavy ass pews on her back and makes her way to the entrance. Miss M helped set them up.

"If we need to get a move on, then we'll punch the pews out of the way," Zippity replied in her dry way as she dropped off the pews and let Daniel do his thing afterward. Though, who knows, maybe something will go wrong, its always a risk...

Gearstride would make herself and Silverpine some torches....she used her useless hoof in the process, and cloth from her tattered uniform. "Lieutenant, my heart carries a torch for you." She said with a small smile, holding a torch.

Meanwhile, Zephyr and the other five vamponies were still doing their thing. Zephyr would never get the taste of Sandy's blood out of his mouth. He missed Blitz's, it was delicious and sweet and not too iron-y in flavor.
    "Captain, you say the corniest thing in times like this. Remind me to bring the ham and cheese on our date," Silverpine replied with a smile of his own as he stooped to pick up his own torch.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Ya like innovations? Then maybe we'll get along quite well! I'm currently thinkin' of new weapon designs 'n things to help keep up with the flyin' 'n magical types...

Gak
    Gak shakes her head at the other ponies and then looks at Blades.
    "I don't know...I don't like weapons...":/
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1356

idle Chat-Clinic

"You're at the clinic, me and snowflake, a fellow guard brought you, the doctor worked on."
    He said with a tired smile.
    "Ugh... Wha? clinic?"
    She looks around
    "...What happene-Ow....Why am I hurt?"
    She asks in a little voice.

--------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Random Alley

Well it's not like the griffin is one to back off. Obviously something is going on here. Unfortunately, there's not enough room to take off, so it's up to his paws and talons to bring him forward.

Follow the noise.
    He may follow, then there's another stop and a *TICK*, then a slow movement from an alley going to a side, the intermitent dragging would continue again.....*Click* *TACK* goes a mechanism besides the griffon on the floor, he may feel a strong hook-like grapple coming off and grabbing him, suddenly, there would be some more movement around besides the dragging.

---------------------------------------------------------

Aero
    Aero tries to hug Aisis!
    "You don't have to continue if you don't want to."
    She would be already teary and sobbing whe he hugs her.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

[Appropriate Cutaway]

Night Jewel stifled a sneeze.

"Well, look at that. A little curse. How cute." She laughed. "This warrants further investigation. Where does this trick come from, does it discriminate between friend and foe, and, most importantly, how can I use it to my advantage?"

With that, she proceeded to test her magic on it. Most ponies would be put off by its defences, but she enjoyed challenges and risks.
    The very moment she would try magic on it, the backlash would come, again, like if the armor would both disrupt it and send the backlash thing throught it to her too, not much info on friend and foe identification.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-12-07 at 01:15 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Vampony BrouHAHA

"That'll wor-...wait, does your digestive system even work like that anymore?"

"All right." He looks around at the (presumeably six) gathered around. "Tactics and positions. Rainbow, you take the back. Try and conserve your ammo and get some high ground.

Gearstride, Silverpine, you two tag-team from the left side of the entry point.

Zippity Do, take to the air. If they have pegasi and they join you, take them down. If you run out of hostiles, run painful distractions. Try and go for anypony packing heavy weaponry or wreaking a lot of havoc.

Maroon, Staccata, on the right side of the entry point. Maroon, try to hold the line as necessary on your side. Likelihood is they'll split at least two ways, so you shouldn't be facing the entire horde. Staccata, stick to the shadows. If you see an opening, take it and fade.

I'm sorry to say that we won't have musical assistance on this one, so don't take unnecessary risks. And remember: wait to engage until the cube is out of the way. I don't want to waste ammo or limbs on that thing. I'll see if a juicy morsel like myself can distract it for a while. If I have a chance, I'll man the bolt trap and help out mid-range.

Any questions?"

Gak
    "Woahh. Really? I thought ponies who didn't like weapons were just a myth!"

"Well, you don't have a very large pool of them to look at."

"Well, excuse me for being unfamiliar with your modern conveniences. It comes of being sealed away for several hundred years. At least you were not being lazy when it came to inventing."

"Really. I suppose I will have to reestablish myself, then. For now, know that I was trapped underground for a reason. "
    "Huh. You're pretty spry for an older pony, then. The reason was all, like, melodramatic, wasn't it? And they should make it a movie. Hundred bits says it was movie-worthy."

"Ya'd be surprised what ya can kill things with," remarked Blades. "I once beat a dog to death with a drinkin' mug. Of course, the mug didn't survive either, but it's not a big loss."

"I can see your point... What was your name again? I think it started with an S. Anyway, given what some ponies can accomplish without magic, sharing potentially dangerous magical knowledge with them seems superfluous."
    "Stellar. Superfluous, maybe, but then again if a pony with a huge sword is demolishing stuff, giving them a flaming sword can only make it worse."

"Wait, are you advocating cautious magical judgement, Stellar?"

"For other ponies, yeah. You're certifiable if you think I'm gonna stop blowing stuff up, though. It's too fun."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    [The very moment she would try magic on it, the backlash would come, again, like if the armor would both disrupt it and send the backlash thing throught it to her too, not much info on friend and foe identification.
    "Ack! Well, that's my next logical step."

Night Jewel stepped back after the backlash and changed her strategy, concentrating her magic on whatever was doing the disruption. She'd found its defences. Now she just had to break through them somehow.

Gak
    "Ya don't? Huh! Most ponies know that ya can't go anywhere without a good weapon! ...Hmm. That actually reminds me of when Arvadraa first got here. She's grown tougher, though."

"Huh. You're pretty spry for an older pony, then. The reason was all, like, melodramatic, wasn't it? And they should make it a movie. Hundred bits says it was movie-worthy."
    "The mere fact that I survived can be attributed to the wards. I do not know why they kept me, but they may have intended to release me at some point and simply never got around to it.

"So, what is this 'moo-vee' thing you speak of? Is it a recent creation?"
    Flare looked intrigued.

"Stellar. Superfluous, maybe, but then again if a pony with a huge sword is demolishing stuff, giving them a flaming sword can only make it worse."

"Wait, are you advocating cautious magical judgement, Stellar?"

"For other ponies, yeah. You're certifiable if you think I'm gonna stop blowing stuff up, though. It's too fun."
    "Right. Stellar. Well, whatever the case, the danger comes from the individual, not their power. For instance, I could theoretically destroy this entire town with little effort if I so desired."

"Well, I think my only use for magic would be explosions too, 'n I think they're easy enough without it." Blades grinned at Stellar. "Still, remind me to have ya help me make fireworks some time, okay?"

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Traps and Brouhaha

"Well..I do feel I should lighten the mood, heh, regardless of...our circumstances, here,"
    She said glancing down with a small smile.

Anyways, the other six gathered around Daniel and he talked. Words came out the bard's mouth which is no surprise and if there weren't words coming out of his mouth something was wrong.

"Hey, its no maroon, if anything its uh...a not quite darkish red...red," Miss M said looking at her coat and rabbled. Anyways!

"Actually I have legit words to say this time. Are we going for lethal attacks?"

========

Ember-No longer in Kansas

Ember went all wide eyed and 'waaah'd' as suddenly, clothes! He tried to get the best look of himself. Hauh, not too shabby. Kinda cool. He sheepishly looked around at his strange surroundings, too distracted to have had chanced to see what Lochbed wore underneath her dress before it was glamored.

"Canty? What does that mean?"
    The colt asked still in bewilderment of his surroundings.
    ---

Aubade-Downtown

"This was some...coffee outing, not really how I expected it to go, heh.."
    She commented with a small smile as they walked.
    ===

Idle Chat-Clinic

"Yea, clinic, bad guys, attacked the south gate, they hurt you,"
    He said with a frown.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Gak
    Gak looks down and says quietly:
    "In my opinion, weapons are used by those who don't understand the world, or the fact that Nature has gifted us with exactly what we need to survive."

---

Aero
    Aero keeps hugging, patting Aisis' mane.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Plan-down

"I wouldn't recommend pulling any punches,"
    Staccata advises without looking at the vampony mistress. She's still looking towards the tunnel and all the weird trap making. "The less of them you kill the less likely they'd want to kill you once the head of the snake is cut off... That is if my understanding of crazy vampony mind-control is correct."

Random Alley

It would take a rather strong device to trip him, even stronger to prevent the griffin from simply ripping through the cables and ropes and such that could try to keep him down with talons or his beak. Also there's the matter of brute strength for busting out. Either way, he tries to slog forward and free from the trap. Clever, but not enough yet to make him mad.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well..I do feel I should lighten the mood, heh, regardless of...our circumstances, here,"

Anyways, the other six gathered around Daniel and he talked. Words came out the bard's mouth which is no surprise and if there weren't words coming out of his mouth something was wrong.

"Hey, its no maroon, if anything its uh...a not quite darkish red...red," Miss M said looking at her coat and rabbled. Anyways!

"Actually I have legit words to say this time. Are we going for lethal attacks?"
    "We'll do what we can. No promises," Silverpine answered. The torch burned bright in his grasp.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ya don't? Huh! Most ponies know that ya can't go anywhere without a good weapon! ...Hmm. That actually reminds me of when Arvadraa first got here. She's grown tougher, though."
    "Um. Tougher. Right." She looks a bit concerned.

"Wait, did I miss something? Because the last time I checked, you're only tough during a mental breakdown." Stellar doesn't even try to hide her amusement.

"Tough-ER. Not tough. I think." Arvadraa corrects, then looks even more concerned.

Gak
    "In my opinion, weapons are used by those who don't understand the world, or the fact that Nature has gifted us with exactly what we need to survive."
    "Unless I missed an era of monks and wizards, battlefield technology is a necessity." Stellar remarks dryly. "Not all of our wars are with each other, and a tumultuous world like ours, you fight to par or you don't fight at all."

"Um. I survived in some of the most dangerous wildlands in Equestria for years without so much as a pointy stick. So, no."

"Tch, please. Not all of us have the luxury of a 'pleasant' demeanour or whatever you call your freaky animal thing."

"The mere fact that I survived can be attributed to the wards. I do not know why they kept me, but they may have intended to release me at some point and simply never got around to it.

"So, what is this 'moo-vee' thing you speak of? Is it a recent creation?"
    Flare looked intrigued.
    "All that power to burn and only kept alive by the magic of another pony, huh? Definitely movie drama.

It's sort of this illusion-ish thing with these devices that record movements, speech, and pictures, and then replay them on this big square. ...It's not as dumb as it sounds."

"That sounds like a strange commodity to have from the Tower."

"What, like I was born in a lab? Please. I can still have SOME other fond memories."

"Right. Stellar. Well, whatever the case, the danger comes from the individual, not their power. For instance, I could theoretically destroy this entire town with little effort if I so desired."
    "You kind of just undercut your point, there. I mean, I see where you're coming from, but for ponies like you and me, the power is what we are. Take away your magic, your 'individual' could be as tenacious as a rabid badger and still 'theoretically' not get anything done. The means make the mare."

"What if a pony is powerful, but doesn't want to use it?"

"Eh, there's a place in every society. Power doesn't necessarily equate to fighting, but it is so much cooler. Besides, your means didn't exactly come from you."

"Well, I think my only use for magic would be explosions too, 'n I think they're easy enough without it." Blades grinned at Stellar. "Still, remind me to have ya help me make fireworks some time, okay?"
    "Sure, but they might not be as sparkly as you're used to. Pack a bigger punch, though."

"Well, yeah, but I can't call you 'Miss Scarlet' unless you kill Spectre in a library with a lead pipe.

I'm with Staccata on this one. With the forewarning that we're trying to end this as quickly as possible. Unconsciousness should be most expedient for the rank-and-file mooks, but if circumstances warrant and you don't really see a better option, put them down. I'm hoping your better judgements will serve well, and if not I can just let Sandy guilt trip you later."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Vampony lair

Rainbow snapped her crossbow string with her good hoof. "I'm going for heart shots."

Faelands

"It mean lively. In high spirit. Father is a gloomy body some times." answered Lochbed. She clapped her hooves together and coiled into a submissive tilt. "Ye watch handsome, meh laird. Meh heart swoons. Shall we be goang tae coort?"

Some street

"It's been something." Heavy waved down a cab. "Taxi?"

The large carriage stops in front of them and the dark cream stallion opened the door for Aubade. "Shall I accompany you home?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Blades was shocked. "Ya... really... " She shook her head. "No, no 'n no again. If it weren't for my legs, I could give ya a lil' demonstration of all that's wrong with sayin' that."

"Um. Tougher. Right." She looks a bit concerned.

"Wait, did I miss something? Because the last time I checked, you're only tough during a mental breakdown." Stellar doesn't even try to hide her amusement.

"Tough-ER. Not tough. I think." Arvadraa corrects, then looks even more concerned.
    "Aw, come on, don't be so hard on yarself. Ya're no pushover. Remember Shell Shock? I sure wouldn't want to make ya mad when ya can do that kind of thing!"

"All that power to burn and only kept alive by the magic of another pony, huh? Definitely movie drama.

It's sort of this illusion-ish thing with these devices that record movements, speech, and pictures, and then replay them on this big square. ...It's not as dumb as it sounds."

"That sounds like a strange commodity to have from the Tower."

"What, like I was born in a lab? Please. I can still have SOME other fond memories."
    Flare nodded. "So it is like storytelling with pictures. I could see a use for that. If I ever learn the full story, it ought to be produced that way. I expect there was a fight of some sort, and with my kind of power, it had to have been spectacular."

"You kind of just undercut your point, there. I mean, I see where you're coming from, but for ponies like you and me, the power is what we are. Take away your magic, your 'individual' could be as tenacious as a rabid badger and still 'theoretically' not get anything done. The means make the mare."

"What if a pony is powerful, but doesn't want to use it?"

"Eh, there's a place in every society. Power doesn't necessarily equate to fighting, but it is so much cooler. Besides, your means didn't exactly come from you."
    "What I meant to say was that I am not particularly dangerous despite my power. Certainly not as threatening as certain parties at the town gate, for instance."

"Well, there's a bit of smartness in power as well, ya know. If ya just slam with a sword, ya won't do much good no matter how big 'n sharp it is 'cause any sensible fighter will just disarm ya in an instant."

"True, but no matter whether you are strong or skilled, power means more when you use it."

"Sure, but they might not be as sparkly as you're used to. Pack a bigger punch, though."
    "Oh, that's fine. Just makes 'em more practical."

16. - Top - End - #1366

Gak
    Gak looks down and does the equivalent of twiddling her hooves.
    "..."
    She's a bit embarrassed now.
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades was shocked. "Ya... really... " She shook her head. "No, no 'n no again. If it weren't for my legs, I could give ya a lil' demonstration of all that's wrong with sayin' that."
    Gak
    "..."
    "Blades." Arvadraa says softly. "If I wanted to, I could say the sky was cerulean. It's not wrong, just another way of looking at it." She gives Gak a reassuring look.

"Aw, come on, don't be so hard on yarself. Ya're no pushover. Remember Shell Shock? I sure wouldn't want to make ya mad when ya can do that kind of thing!"
    "Ughhh, don't remind me."

"Wait what? What happened? Who's Shell Shock? What'd you do? Spill!"

Flare nodded. "So it is like storytelling with pictures. I could see a use for that. If I ever learn the full story, it ought to be produced that way. I expect there was a fight of some sort, and with my kind of power, it had to have been spectacular."
    "If you've got what you say you do, it should have been very short, too."

"Oh, that's fine. Just makes 'em more practical."
    "What, like aimed explosives?"

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gak
    "..."
    "Blades." Arvadraa says softly. "If I wanted to, I could say the sky was cerulean. It's not wrong, just another way of looking at it." She gives Gak a reassuring look.
    Blades managed to completely miss the point. "Ya mean the sky isn't? Huh! Ya learn something new every day! What colour is it, then? Purple?"

"...Which colour is cerulean again? Isn't it a shade of green or something?"

"Ughhh, don't remind me."

"Wait what? What happened? Who's Shell Shock? What'd you do? Spill!"
    "Oh, it was awesome! She got really mad at him 'n threatened to blow him up! She even put explosives in him!"

"If you've got what you say you do, it should have been very short, too."
    "Oh, I expect it was. They would have needed a force of several at once to defeat me, or to take me by surprise. With more power, battles tend to be shorter."

"What, like aimed explosives?"
    "Yep! Not only would they be showy, but they'd be good for killin' things 'n clearin' away rocks 'n stuff!"

19. - Top - End - #1369

Gak
    Gak smiled at Arvaada.
    "Thank you."
    She prods her hooves at the ground again.
    "So...um, could one of you maybe lead me to the school house?"
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #1370

"Ack! Well, that's my next logical step."

Night Jewel stepped back after the backlash and changed her strategy, concentrating her magic on whatever was doing the disruption. She'd found its defences. Now she just had to break through them somehow.
    She would find 2 things: first, the defense is dark-based, and apparently from the plate, maybe "cloaking" magic as if it were part of that kind could get past it.... Result of it would be unknown thought, and could even be absorbed into the plate's own magic, but it could be eliminated with the right amount of light-based magic. Second thing, finding the defense itself would be somewhat hard, as if it were kind of deep inside the plate, and finding it would be like looking right on front of a bunker's machine gun, or descending a plane to look at a field full of flak cannons, so yeah, backlash again, and HARD

There's also something strange about the plate when looked so deeply: it's not natively dark, must have been assimilated into that state

-------------------------------------------------

Idle Chat-Clinic

"Yea, clinic, bad guys, attacked the south gate, they hurt you,"
    He said with a frown.
    She winces a bit from the wound, it briefly would emanate a purple spark that floats

"W-....ough...What? are you.... ok?"

Then tries to reach him with a hoof, also measuring distance
    --------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Random Alley

It would take a rather strong device to trip him, even stronger to prevent the griffin from simply ripping through the cables and ropes and such that could try to keep him down with talons or his beak. Also there's the matter of brute strength for busting out. Either way, he tries to slog forward and free from the trap. Clever, but not enough yet to make him mad.
    It's a single grapple, and the pulls... Doesn't break, really, the cable on the grapple is pretty thin, but with more movement it doesn't break, even when trying to cut it it just reacts like a violing string, and hitting the grapple reveals something: it's no normal metal, it's just paint, it's... black below.

*TH-THACK THACK THACK* another five appear, aimed at the griffon's limbs and wings and try to pull, the first grapple kind of starts breaking the floor appart with it as he pulls, the sack dragging has somehow stopped going away and the muffled voice is screaming, as if scared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Aero
    Aero keeps hugging, patting Aisis' mane.
    She doesn't do much besides sob slightly calmly, also her mane would be pretty soft .
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-12-09 at 07:57 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades managed to completely miss the point. "Ya mean the sky isn't? Huh! Ya learn something new every day! What colour is it, then? Purple?"

"...Which colour is cerulean again? Isn't it a shade of green or something?"
    "...Um. Blue. It's all...blue and...Stellar, a little help?"

"Nah, it's too fun watching you get frazzled."

"...Thanks."

"Oh, it was awesome! She got really mad at him 'n threatened to blow him up! She even put explosives in him!"
    "That's not really a-!"

"That is so awesome. Oh my- Brains!! There might be hope for you!"

Gak
    Gak smiled at Arvaada.
    "Thank you."
    "Yes!" She looks positively relieved to escape THIS part of the conversation. "Or at the least help you, er, look."

"Oh come on! Don't just leave me hanging! What kind of explosive did you use!"

"Let's go right now, in fact! No time to waste!"

"Oh, I expect it was. They would have needed a force of several at once to defeat me, or to take me by surprise. With more power, battles tend to be shorter."
    "Don't forget to appreciate a lasting impression next time. You know, intimidation, glowing, threats, toss in some extra pain and serve with hemhorraging."

"Yep! Not only would they be showy, but they'd be good for killin' things 'n clearin' away rocks 'n stuff!"
    "You had me at explosions. You had me at 'killin' things'."

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Dwarf in the Playground

"...Um. Blue. It's all...blue and...Stellar, a little help?"

"Nah, it's too fun watching you get frazzled."

"...Thanks."
    "It sounds more like a shade of green than a shade of blue."

"Well, ya're not the one makin' the dictionries, are ya?"

Gak smiled at Arvaada.
    "Thank you."
    "Yes!" She looks positively relieved to escape THIS part of the conversation. "Or at the least help you, er, look."

"Oh come on! Don't just leave me hanging! What kind of explosive did you use!"

"Let's go right now, in fact! No time to waste!"
    "Have fun! I'll stay here 'n rest up a bit."

"Don't forget to appreciate a lasting impression next time. You know, intimidation, glowing, threats, toss in some extra pain and serve with hemhorraging."
    "Oh, I am sure no one would forget, say, seeing a pony forcibly subducted or crushed alive by their own armour. My power alone would definitely leave such an impression."

"You had me at explosions. You had me at 'killin' things'."
    "Heeeeey, for a magical type, ya're pretty agreeable!" Blades laughed. "'N I reckon with our new friend here, we can have all the sulphur we want. Then if those pesky dark ponies show up again, we can give 'em a few rockets to the head 'n such."

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    She would find 2 things: first, the defense is dark-based, and apparently from the plate, maybe "cloaking" magic as if it were part of that kind could get past it.... Result of it would be unknown thought, and could even be absorbed into the plate's own magic, but it could be eliminated with the right amount of light-based magic. Second thing, finding the defense itself would be somewhat hard, as if it were kind of deep inside the plate, and finding it would be like looking right on front of a bunker's machine gun, or descending a plane to look at a field full of flak cannons, so yeah, backlash again, and HARD

There's also something strange about the plate when looked so deeply: it's not natively dark, must have been assimilated into that state.
    Night Jewel's magic was subtle enough not to set anything off... right up until she actually tried to tinker with things.

"ARRRRRGH!" She stumbled back from the backlash and muttered some Mareabic words she probably wasn't supposed to know. "This is getting ridiculous! A trap to protect another trap? Who even does such a thing?"

She lay down for a bit to recover from the pain and think things over. "Right. Just trying to manipulate it directly won't work. If I had more power, I could try to overwhelm it...

"Oh, I think there's a possibility here! Of course, the only ponies I know who could help me pull it off are employed by a certain psychopath. I'll have to be careful."

For now, she decided to rest up a bit more. She wanted to be at her best when she tested her hypothesis.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Brouhaha

"If you don't want to pull any punches, then I suggest you not leave yourself exposed in the back either. Too much focus on the front and not anywhere else. I suggest the two with the torches head quickly now to the entrance where I walked out from. Its a tunnel that leads from here to where Spectre and Co would be coming from."
    Zippity Do said pointing to Gearstride and Silverpine.

"At least they could set the vamps into flame as they pass through. No sense keeping them at the main front entrance when that is covered fine without them there."
    Her tone as usual was dry, dull and monotone, and unintentionally sounded like sarcasm whenever she spoke. "Before they get here."

Daniel reference goes over Miss M's head and only receives a blank if slightly annoyed stare. She didn't like the name Scarlet, in her day it had meant akin to words like whore and prostitute, scarlet mare, that stuff. Scratched that, she glowered at him as it processed. "Miss M, that is my name." She nickered and took her position. She glanced at the far end of the temple and watched Zephyr for a second before resigning back to the current situation.

"Uh well...alright then...Lieutenant...maybe we should go over to the place Zippity pointed out and give those vamponies a...warm welcome? Hahah..."
    She thought it was funny.
    ---

Faelands

"...Your accent sounds...really extra cute right now...I..even if I can barely understand 3/4s of what you're saying....hahah..."
    He said with a small blush as her words properly kicked in. "b-but yea...let's go to uh..court was it? Yes..let's ah go."
    ---

Downtown

"Uh, yea, sure, yes, you may accompany me back home,"
    Aubade said a little distracted.
    ---

Clinic-Idle Chat

"Huh...oh yea, I'm fine, barely touched me, heh,"
    He said with a small smile.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

Night Jewel's magic was subtle enough not to set anything off... right up until she actually tried to tinker with things.

"ARRRRRGH!" She stumbled back from the backlash and muttered some Mareabic words she probably wasn't supposed to know. "This is getting ridiculous! A trap to protect another trap? Who even does such a thing?"

She lay down for a bit to recover from the pain and think things over. "Right. Just trying to manipulate it directly won't work. If I had more power, I could try to overwhelm it...

"Oh, I think there's a possibility here! Of course, the only ponies I know who could help me pull it off are employed by a certain psychopath. I'll have to be careful."

For now, she decided to rest up a bit more. She wanted to be at her best when she tested her hypothesis.
    The trap wasn't the only thing that reacted.

Glowing green eyes snap open the instant Night Jewel (via screaming) gives a hint that something is wrong, and Dawnstrider leaps to his hooves with greatsword at the ready, looking around immediately for the threat.

Then his body remembers that he's actually still borderline incapacitated, and he stumbles. Still, his senses are still enough in order to realize that ninjas aren't attacking, and he sheathes his blade with a soft grumbling sound.

Checking Jewel over for damage with a concerned expression, he gently pulls the piece of metal over towards himself, giving her a look that conveys 'please be careful' even if he's just too damn tired to put it into words.

His metal-covered tail adjusts some of the hay nearby, clearing an advantageous (read: sitting right next to a paladin powerhouse) place in which to rest should she wish to use it before dozing off again himself.

Vampony Brouhaha

"If you don't want to pull any punches, then I suggest you not leave yourself exposed in the back either. Too much focus on the front and not anywhere else. I suggest the two with the torches head quickly now to the entrance where I walked out from. Its a tunnel that leads from here to where Spectre and Co would be coming from."

"At least they could set the vamps into flame as they pass through. No sense keeping them at the main front entrance when that is covered fine without them there."
    Her tone as usual was dry, dull and monotone, and unintentionally sounded like sarcasm whenever she spoke. "Before they get here."

Daniel reference goes over Miss M's head and only receives a blank if slightly annoyed stare. She didn't like the name Scarlet, in her day it had meant akin to words like whore and prostitute, scarlet mare, that stuff. Scratched that, she glowered at him as it processed. "Miss M, that is my name." She nickered and took her position. She glanced at the far end of the temple and watched Zephyr for a second before resigning back to the current situation.

"Uh well...alright then...Lieutenant...maybe we should go over to the place Zippity pointed out and give those vamponies a...warm welcome? Hahah..."
    "Wait. Waitwaitwait. You came here directly after a mutiny, and you left hostiles behind you??"

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

In the vampony lair where time was frozen

"They were not my problem then, nor were they ordered to attack me. I knew he couldn't bring himself to stab me in the back then, he's not smart enough for it."
    She said simply and flexed her wings before going into the air.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Gak
    Gak smiles and will motion for Arvaada to follow her out the door.
    Once they've left, she'll exhale.
    "Phew...I'm rather glad to have gotten out of there!"

---

Aero
    Aero strokes her mane, letting her sob into his shoulder.
    "It's okay...just let it out."
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

Vampony Brouhaha

Well, fortunately, the lieutenant was the hammy sort as well. "Shall I prepare the wine and cheese, captain?" he deadpanned, trotting off towards the indicated entrance.

"Wait. Waitwaitwait. You came here directly after a mutiny, and you left hostiles behind you??"
    "Funny. I think this is just one of those days."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-10 at 07:43 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

"Have fun! I'll stay here 'n rest up a bit."
    "Please do." Arvadraa remarks as they step out the door. "And please make sure Stellar doesn't wind up our new friend too much."

"Pff...'wind up'....I'll show you 'wound up'....mrrzrrngrnfrngnffm. Hmph."

"Oh, I am sure no one would forget, say, seeing a pony forcibly subducted or crushed alive by their own armour. My power alone would definitely leave such an impression."
    "By the same token, I doubt you left them alive long enough to spread the word. Probably why you're an unknown."

"Heeeeey, for a magical type, ya're pretty agreeable!" Blades laughed. "'N I reckon with our new friend here, we can have all the sulphur we want. Then if those pesky dark ponies show up again, we can give 'em a few rockets to the head 'n such."
    "Well you know, if I-" She pauses, staring blankly ahead. Then her eyes widen and she all but jumps up and down with glee. "I think I just figured out a new way to cause serious bodily harm!!"

Gak
    Gak smiles and will motion for Arvaada to follow her out the door.
    Once they've left, she'll exhale.
    "Phew...I'm rather glad to have gotten out of there!"
    "They can be a bit...much, I'll admit." She nods, frowning slightly and looking around. "Err. I should be honest; I don't actually know where the school is either. Let's ask a guard?"

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Vampony Liar

"Should I cover the rear, sirs? Or should I take cover and cover all angles?" asked Rainbow as she readjusts the swivel of her giant crossbow's biod/tripod.

Faelands

Lochbed giggled and pointed toward a long road of cobblestones. They glistened in what seemed to an eternal afternoon sky. At the end stood a multispired tower of shimmering blue and white. It sparkled as if the sky stars sat upon it to rest.

The pair of lovers trotted for what seemed hours. The tower looked no closer than when they started under a sun that never moved. But no wear came to their hooves. Not a single speck of fatigue on the two lone ponies who walked the tree lined path the never ended.

The ride back to the Marzipan Manor

The ride was quiet until Heavy Ale spoke up. "Ah am dreadfully sorry that our peaceful meeting took the turn it did. Perhaps the next one will be more caam"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

"They can be a bit...much, I'll admit." She nods, frowning slightly and looking around. "Err. I should be honest; I don't actually know where the school is either. Let's ask a guard?"
    (Since I'm bored.)

The group might find Lemongrass standing nearby. Or rather, doing his best to pick up a poor mare's groceries, who seemed to have fallen off and scattered all over the street.

"Here you go, ma'am," he said, pushing the last of the oranges into her paperbag.

The indigo earth pony mare sniffed haughtily. "Thank you, son. Young'uns these days just don't have manners anymore. No offense."

"None taken."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-10 at 11:51 AM.