New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Amaya the night's rain.

"I must free this vampony and escape to my lord. It is my mission." The ninja said. She begins to make faces as if she was attempting to throw up.
    "I wouldn't try that, dear. Soothing touch applies to a gag reflex, too. And how much you wanna bet I can keep up the magics longer than you can try to deus ex upchuck, mm?" Well of course he's bluffing his tail off. Who would have actually tried that before? Eurgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Inside the Cirrus Outside the Briefing Room

Gearstride watched with her mouth opened. Oh...great... "Seriously you? Is this what's going on? ..................

"We will deal with this after the mission, so keep your heads together. We put this aside for now and we move out, now."
    There was no room for argument in her expression. She began to make the room for heading out.
    Miss M sighed and followed out, and Zephyr, bewildered by all this, followed obediently if to get away from the tension.
    "Oui, mon capitaine." He salutes and grabs his most lethal-...wait, why is he pulling out his lute? Whaaat??

Inside the Cirrus Inside the Briefing Room

Grubbs stared at the ninja in confusion. "Why youse would do that? Youse not vampire here to saves us...her..."
    "You'd be amazed how common this is. Outsourcing to ninjas is like, the second-best thing you can possibly do. For anything. Ever.

I gotta ask, though, out of curiosity; do they pay you in anything besides the whole 'living dead benefits' deal?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Cirrus
    Blaze shakes his head.
    "No, no civilians are trapped inside to my knowledge. How it was started? Somepony fooled around with some fire arrows, at least that's what I've heard."
    "Any other questions? I've gotta go refuel this mecha."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    To everyone's immense surprise, the guy who's thing is defending follows the defended. Go figure, right?
    Night Jewel nodded, then thought of something. "Oh, and if we meet any other ponies, you'll follow my lead as well, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "I'm stronger than I look. Plus, some shadow telekinesis can add some extra capacity.

...Ever feel like you're forgetting something?"
    "Like what? 'Cause I've forgotten lots of things, like ponies' names. Anyway, sounds like a little jump down won't be a problem if ya can fly us back out, right?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Night Jewel nodded, then thought of something. "Oh, and if we meet any other ponies, you'll follow my lead as well, right?"
    "Within reason." He spends a silent moment trying to think of something besides 'but' or 'however', and then just decides to roll with it. "However, I think reason is something you have no lack of."

"Like what? 'Cause I've forgotten lots of things, like ponies' names. Anyway, sounds like a little jump down won't be a problem if ya can fly us back out, right?"
    "Nothing...must be nerves...I don't think flight will work with both of us, but teleportation might. I ah...haven't tried carrying more than myself, but the principle should apply. I think."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Within reason." He spends a silent moment trying to think of something besides 'but' or 'however', and then just decides to roll with it. "However, I think reason is something you have no lack of."
    "Good! That way, you'll know what to do if I start acting strangely. Not that I expect it to come up that soon, of course..."

[One Gilligan Cut Later]

The ghostly graveyard guard gave them a glare. "What part of 'the seal is to be left alone' isn't clear to you?"

"I don't know. Maybe the part where you never actually said that?" Night Jewel replied.

"Oh, right. You weren't here before. Well, you'd best leave now."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "Nothing...must be nerves...I don't think flight will work with both of us, but teleportation might. I ah...haven't tried carrying more than myself, but the principle should apply. I think."
    "In that case, maybe jumpin' into crevices isn't the best way." Blades thought for a bit, then decided. "Come on. I know a nice little tunnel there."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good! That way, you'll know what to do if I start acting strangely. Not that I expect it to come up that soon, of course..."

[One Gilligan Cut Later]

The ghostly graveyard guard gave them a glare. "What part of 'the seal is to be left alone' isn't clear to you?"

"I don't know. Maybe the part where you never actually said that?" Night Jewel replied.

"Oh, right. You weren't here before. Well, you'd best leave now."
    "I have two questions: Why is this seal so important, and are you undead?"

"In that case, maybe jumpin' into crevices isn't the best way." Blades thought for a bit, then decided. "Come on. I know a nice little tunnel there."
    "Oh, alright." She seems oddly disappointed that she won't be able to dangerously experiment with things he doesn't fully understand. Whoops, did I say 'he'? I ah, meant 'she'. Of course.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I have two questions: Why is this seal so important, and are you undead?"
    "Well, given that he's kind of a ghost..."

"Indeed. I am the spirit of Shining Sword, a paladin who died to control a powerful sorceress. It is my duty to make sure she stays confined. She challenged the Princesses' power. She is too arrogant and dangerous to be let free."

Night Jewel considered this. "Huh. Do you think we should check this out, or just get back to what we were doing?"

"Oh, alright." She seems oddly disappointed that she won't be able to dangerously experiment with things he doesn't fully understand. Whoops, did I say 'he'? I ah, meant 'she'. Of course.
    Luckily, Blades couldn't read the narration.

They soon arrived at what looked like the lair of a pair of Equestria Death Rats. The two large rodents were sleeping, one curled up on top of the other. Behind them was a faintly-lit passage.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Inside the Cirrus Outside the Briefing Room

Gearstride watched with her mouth opened. Oh...great... "Seriously you? Is this what's going on? ..................

"We will deal with this after the mission, so keep your heads together. We put this aside for now and we move out, now."
    There was no room for argument in her expression. She began to make the room for heading out.
    Miss M sighed and followed out, and Zephyr, bewildered by all this, followed obediently if to get away from the tension.
    Sandy opted to follow orders; at least it meant getting out of this mess. "Aye Cap'n." he croaked as he pulled himself together and followed after her.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, given that he's kind of a ghost..."

"Indeed. I am the spirit of Shining Sword, a paladin who died to control a powerful sorceress. It is my duty to make sure she stays confined. She challenged the Princesses' power. She is too arrogant and dangerous to be let free."

Night Jewel considered this. "Huh. Do you think we should check this out, or just get back to what we were doing?"
    "Ah, I see." In just three words, his intonation goes from 'sweet, I can turn him!' to 'aw, he's a paladin' to 'wow, he's a paladin!'. Then he glances down at Jewel. "My preference here should be fairly obvious, but I still follow your path." Apparently that's a yes?

They soon arrived at what looked like the lair of a pair of Equestria Death Rats. The two large rodents were sleeping, one curled up on top of the other. Behind them was a faintly-lit passage.
    "I don't think I know these two." Arvadraa mutters. "I could try to befriend them, but rushing might open me up for mistakes. Or, we can go around." She purposefully (and hopefully) leaves out the third rather obvious choice of 'do what you do best'.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    The Cirrus
    Blaze shakes his head.
    "No, no civilians are trapped inside to my knowledge. How it was started? Somepony fooled around with some fire arrows, at least that's what I've heard."
    "Any other questions? I've gotta go refuel this mecha."

[Missed a post again by Orzel with Hover]

"Well...that's no bueno....Cirrus crew fella are you?" The firepony asked.
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin360
    I gotta ask, though, out of curiosity; do they pay you in anything besides the whole 'living dead benefits' deal?"
    "Pay?"
    ---------------

[Waiting on Grif, MCerberus, Orzel with the other scene]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy opted to follow orders; at least it meant getting out of this mess. "Aye Cap'n." he croaked as he pulled himself together and followed after her.
    Silverpine stared at Sandy and Rainbow, but decided to hold his tongue as well. He would silently file out of the room after Sandy.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine stared at Sandy and Rainbow, but decided to hold his tongue as well. He would silently file out of the room after Sandy.
    Rolling her eyes at the personal affairs and dysfunctionality that always leads to wacky hijinks... like stranglings, Staccata just wants to get this over with. "If we're quite done, we need to get moving."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow

The sniper, head down, slinks off with the rest.

Amaya

"My lord says I must save this undead creature." the ninjasus whispered before spitting up a small metal ball... or a large metal pill... between her teeth.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

And One Jump Cut Later

Vampony Shenanigans

The gang of...insert number here, would find themselves in the southern end of Bridle Shores, a familiar place for Staccata, Silverpine, and Gearstride, more so to the latter two who played detective. There were the small strolling woods south across the street of them, and past that, the cemetery more south of them. It was quiet on the streets with nay but a sound, save for the whistling wind and stirring trees. Well, it was a quieter section of town in the first place, but it was just extra quiet.

"....I don't feel anything here, we're likely not close enough,"
    The red mare stirred, her nose wrinkling a bit.

"Then we shall simply keep moving. We should probably go through the woods, so we're less out in the open, and plenty of wood to go around there.." Gearstride muttered as she then ran across the street and made for the side of the house to get to the woods behind this row of picturesque houses.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy, being one of the few melee fighters they had, stuck up close to the front beside Gearstride. The engineer glanced up at the rooftops as he darted alongside the Captain. "Aye, gettin' caught in th' open with their speed'll be a death wish. At least with th' trees there's plenty of cover, an' they can't go full-out sprintin' without wrappin' themselves around an oak." His throat was turning a lovely shade of purple, but at least he could talk without any pain now. He'd continue to stick nearer the front, keeping an eye out for any lookouts, mortal or otherwise.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Amaya

"My lord says I must save this undead creature." the ninjasus whispered before spitting up a small metal ball... or a large metal pill... between her teeth.
    "Not to sound overly like a pyschologist, but you don't seem to have the same feelings on the matter. I get loyalty, but is the 'undead creature' more of a boon or a threat to your lord?"

And One Jump Cut Later

Vampony Shenanigans

The gang of...insert number here, would find themselves in the southern end of Bridle Shores, a familiar place for Staccata, Silverpine, and Gearstride, more so to the latter two who played detective. There were the small strolling woods south across the street of them, and past that, the cemetery more south of them. It was quiet on the streets with nay but a sound, save for the whistling wind and stirring trees. Well, it was a quieter section of town in the first place, but it was just extra quiet.

"Then we shall simply keep moving. We should probably go through the woods, so we're less out in the open, and plenty of wood to go around there.." Gearstride muttered as she then ran across the street and made for the side of the house to get to the woods behind this row of picturesque houses.
    "Sweet, trees. Oh, I almost forgot." He passes out small bags to Zephyr, M and Sandy. They're full of...dirt. "Got those from Flips forever ago."

Sandy, being one of the few melee fighters they had, stuck up close to the front beside Gearstride. The engineer glanced up at the rooftops as he darted alongside the Captain. "Aye, gettin' caught in th' open with their speed'll be a death wish. At least with th' trees there's plenty of cover, an' they can't go full-out sprintin' without wrappin' themselves around an oak." His throat was turning a lovely shade of purple, but at least he could talk without any pain now. He'd continue to stick nearer the front, keeping an eye out for any lookouts, mortal or otherwise.
    "Well, unless they're half as agile as they are fast. Mostly it depends on whether they run on dialation or augmentation and holy mother of Luna I sound like a wizard."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Amaya

"This creature feeds two of my lord's weaknesses so he desires her." The ninja spits out the pill which cracks on the ground. It rumbles for a bit then begins to smoke.

Rainbow

The sniper remains quiet. Maybe out of embarrassment from before. Her slow gait is obviously a speed for avoiding Sandy Shores. The whole walk her kept from eye contact from anyone.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #198
    Firbolg in the Playground

To the Crpyt!

Staccata follows along. Being a rogue, she's in the second line of fighters. She keeps quiet, knowing that talking would make her a bigger target.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #199

The Cirrus
    ((Gosh darn it >~<))
    "Yup. I am indeed part of the Cirrus crew. And I've gotta go check on everypony else and see if they're okay. I've kinda been away from the fighting."
    He spoke into his communicator.
    "I'll be right there."
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

The Cirrus
    ((Gosh darn it >~<))
    "Yup. I am indeed part of the Cirrus crew. And I've gotta go check on everypony else and see if they're okay. I've kinda been away from the fighting."
    "I'll be right there."
    "The fighting? Do, you, know what's going on, boy? Strange...somethings have been going about in town." He was asked.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

And One Jump Cut Later

Vampony Shenanigans

Trees meant less time to react to nasty surprises as well. "Plenty of cover for them to spring a surprise on us as well." At least he won't have any trouble aiming in the woods, as any combat would likely take place in knife fight range anyway.

22. - Top - End - #202

The Cirrus
    "Me? I don't know exactly...if you want to know exactly you should probably ask your local law enforcement."
    Blaze didn't want to start a panic over vamponies...
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Trees meant less time to react to nasty surprises as well. "Plenty of cover for them to spring a surprise on us as well." At least he won't have any trouble aiming in the woods, as any combat would likely take place in knife fight range anyway.

Vampony Shenanigans

"I don't think any side could land surprises on the other,"
    Miss M commented tapping her nose. "Nonetheless, vigilance, always a good thing to have."

And then suddenly, the woods overhead stirred bending over a bit south, as if though something were flying overhead at such a fast speed. The two vamponies stirred in a twitch, Miss M nearly springing up to the tree tops only to find nothing. If it was a vampony, it was now past the sensor ranges and not turning back.

"At least we know we're on the right track, south indeed."

The Cirrus
    "Me? I don't know exactly...if you want to know exactly you should probably ask your local law enforcement."
    Blaze didn't want to start a panic over vamponies...
    "I see, seems to be miscommunication between many folks over there, as you can guess, the fire department is in the dark. Thank you anyway and for your help, we'll take it from here...that uh,...machine of yours....lots of help in containing the fire, but yea....we got it from here, thanks."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Amaya

"This creature feeds two of my lord's weaknesses so he desires her." The ninja spits out the pill which cracks on the ground. It rumbles for a bit then begins to smoke.
    "I'm guessing those weaknesses aren't bunnies and daisies. Loving the classic ninja smoke-bomb, by the way. Classy or zilch, I like it.

You sure you don't want to talk first? Let's face it; talking's more fun than escaping."
    Calm, unhurried, just kind of sitting there, letting the words roll out. So much for smarts. "Like, for example, how you'd rate your current importance in relation to the sex slave." Blunt as a hammer, too. "I understand the loyalty, like I said, but really, he can get an exotic prostitute anywhere, and is it worth it for the reward of...what? 'Gee thanks, have some money, now go where I can't see you so I can get it on'? Ouch."

Vampony Shenanigans

Miss M commented tapping her nose. "Nonetheless, vigilance, always a good thing to have."

And then suddenly, the woods overhead stirred bending over a bit south, as if though something were flying overhead at such a fast speed. The two vamponies stirred in a twitch, Miss M nearly springing up to the tree tops only to find nothing. If it was a vampony, it was now past the sensor ranges and not turning back.

"Eyes on the prize, gotcha. Keep those bags close, too."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The Cirrus
    ((Gosh darn it >~<))
    "I'll be right there."
    "Hurry up." whispers Hover into the comm. "There are undead around you know how I feel about the returned."

Vampony Shenanigans

Rainbow clicks her bows to the ready. All five of them. "Good let's get this done with."

"I'm guessing those weaknesses aren't bunnies and daisies. Loving the classic ninja smoke-bomb, by the way. Classy or zilch, I like it.

You sure you don't want to talk first? Let's face it; talking's more fun than escaping."
    Calm, unhurried, just kind of sitting there, letting the words roll out. So much for smarts. "Like, for example, how you'd rate your current importance in relation to the sex slave." Blunt as a hammer, too. "I understand the loyalty, like I said, but really, he can get an exotic prostitute anywhere, and is it worth it for the reward of...what? 'Gee thanks, have some money, now go where I can't see you so I can get it on'? Ouch."
    "My lord cares for me. He had me brought back from the brink. He recites his inner notes for me to remember over papers which could be stolen. He cries for me when his stomach wails from the torture he places on it." The smoke continues to rise. It is up to her mouth now. "My lord desires her. My lord needs me."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

"My lord cares for me. He had me brought back from the brink. He recites his inner notes for me to remember over papers which could be stolen. He cries for me when his stomach wails from the torture he places on it." The smoke continues to rise. It is up to her mouth now. "My lord desires her. My lord needs me."
    "No offense intended, but...those sound mostly like a business decision and stuff you do for him. What I want is an absolute, here. I'm sure you do, too. How do you really know he cares about you as a pony, not an asset?" He still shows no concern whatsoever. Which either means he's an idiot or is very certain he is in no danger. Or both.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"No offense intended, but...those sound mostly like a business decision and stuff you do for him. What I want is an absolute, here. I'm sure you do, too. How do you really know he cares about you as a pony, not an asset?" He still shows no concern whatsoever. Which either means he's an idiot or is very certain he is in no danger. Or both.
    "The way my lord does things with me around. He shows different emotions." The smoke covered her completely. Her soft voice snaked through the puffy white wall, making it bulge as she spoke. "The lord shows me his guilts. His shame. His true sorrows. I am one of the few that can see into his eyes."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

"The way my lord does things with me around. He shows different emotions." The smoke covered her completely. Her soft voice snaked through the puffy white wall, making it bulge as she spoke. "The lord shows me his guilts. His shame. His true sorrows. I am one of the few that can see into his eyes."
    "He trusts you, and you are among the rare in that field. And so now I see. He saved you, gave you purpose, and you are among his real friends, not the invisible watcher that you are on business. How could you possibly not be loyal to him?" He nods.

"And now that I understand where you're coming from, it makes the situation all the harder. We're at an impasse, wherein fighting accomplishes nothing. So I'll ask you this; do you have a suggestion as to what we can do?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"He trusts you, and you are among the rare in that field. And so now I see. He saved you, gave you purpose, and you are among his real friends, not the invisible watcher that you are on business. How could you possibly not be loyal to him?" He nods.

"And now that I understand where you're coming from, it makes the situation all the harder. We're at an impasse, wherein fighting accomplishes nothing. So I'll ask you this; do you have a suggestion as to what we can do?"
    "You can ensure that this creature remains unharmed further and allowed to heal. My lord deserves only the prettiest of mates. Even if they cannot bear him foals like a living mare like myself." said the ninja as she emerged from the smoke. "Also she must come with me before dawn or at nightfall."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

"You can ensure that this creature remains unharmed further and allowed to heal. My lord deserves only the prettiest of mates. Even if they cannot bear him foals like a living mare like myself." said the ninja as she emerged from the smoke. "Also she must come with me before dawn or at nightfall."
    "I see. The goodness of my heart goes pretty far...farther than your demands, actually, but I'm not so sure of the crew here. But there's a way both of us can benefit." He motions to a nearby corner so they can have a whispered conversation.

"I would ask this; Perhaps reports from you on what she says. I'm not asking you to betray your master, I wouldn't do that. I'm asking you to betray her. I can assure you that who she serves and who you serve are not the same pony, and helping us to bring down whoever she's taking the real orders from will mean a lot less headache for you and him."
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-09-19 at 09:13 PM.