New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Vampony Shenanigans

"I don't think any side could land surprises on the other,"
    Miss M commented tapping her nose. "Nonetheless, vigilance, always a good thing to have."

And then suddenly, the woods overhead stirred bending over a bit south, as if though something were flying overhead at such a fast speed. The two vamponies stirred in a twitch, Miss M nearly springing up to the tree tops only to find nothing. If it was a vampony, it was now past the sensor ranges and not turning back.

"At least we know we're on the right track, south indeed."
    Sandy lightly kicked the ground in mild frustration. "Well, if they didn't know we were comin' before, they do now." He opted to keep two of his stakes out and hovering in readiness for an attack. They were small enough not to be a great drain on his magic anyway. "Though maybe they don't quite know all of are comin', maybe they only smelt you two. An' me, I suppose." He cast a glance the Captain's way, reminding himself to bring that little tidbit up in the post-mission briefing/party.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Showdown

Staccata takes the increased tension's opportunity to move into a nice, convenient, not next to the inevitable rush towards the meat-shields flanking position. Her blade is drawn and still active with the temporary enchantment.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Ah, I see." In just three words, his intonation goes from 'sweet, I can turn him!' to 'aw, he's a paladin' to 'wow, he's a paladin!'. Then he glances down at Jewel. "My preference here should be fairly obvious, but I still follow your path." Apparently that's a yes?
    The ghostly guard eyed Zaros with every change of expression.

"Well, if this might have any big effects, it's worth seeing."

"No, it is not for you. The situation is already under control. We do not need anyone disrupting it."

"What if I told you I was a direct descendant of one of the ponies who sealed this sorceress?" Night Jewel grinned. That was certainly a brazen thing to say.

"...It depends on the circumstances."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "I don't think I know these two." Arvadraa mutters. "I could try to befriend them, but rushing might open me up for mistakes. Or, we can go around." She purposefully (and hopefully) leaves out the third rather obvious choice of 'do what you do best'.
    "Well, those ratties are lookin' sleepy anyway, so as long as we don't bother 'em, they probly won't bother us. 'N even if they wake up 'n attack..." Blades drew a disk. "...They won't last long, will they?"

One of the giant rats opened its eyes, yawned, and went back to sleep, once again proving that the "death" part of their name wasn't very accurate.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I see. The goodness of my heart goes pretty far...farther than your demands, actually, but I'm not so sure of the crew here. But there's a way both of us can benefit." He motions to a nearby corner so they can have a whispered conversation.

"I would ask this; Perhaps reports from you on what she says. I'm not asking you to betray your master, I wouldn't do that. I'm asking you to betray her. I can assure you that who she serves and who you serve are not the same pony, and helping us to bring down whoever she's taking the real orders from will mean a lot less headache for you and him."
    A ninja knows quiet conversation. "As I cannot sway my lord away from the joys of vampony saliva. Perhaps slaying her lord would free her and bring pleasure to my lord."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Shenanigans----The Strolling Woods

They were met with no trouble as they proceeded through the woods, oddly enough. Nor did the two vamponies get the sense of another presence be it mortal or vampony.

Soon the Northern Cemetery spread out before them, filled with all the classic trappings of a horror movie. Overgrown weeds everywhere on a dirty muddy grounds, burial tombs and graves scattered a about, dead leafless trees, etc and its own sinister air about it.
    ========

The Cirrus

Grubbs could only stare in confusion and awe the smoke cloud, how the ninja escaped, and the conversation bits he could hear that were going on.

Meadow on the other hoof, could still hear everything they were saying, including their private-d off conversation. She struggled against her bonds, muffled struggles sounded from her.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

They were met with no trouble as they proceeded through the woods, oddly enough. Nor did the two vamponies get the sense of another presence be it mortal or vampony.

Soon the Northern Cemetery spread out before them, filled with all the classic trappings of a horror movie. Overgrown weeds everywhere on a dirty muddy grounds, burial tombs and graves scattered a about, dead leafless trees, etc and its own sinister air about it.
    ========

The Cirrus

Grubbs could only stare in confusion and awe the smoke cloud, how the ninja escaped, and the conversation bits he could hear that were going on.

Meadow on the other hoof, could still hear everything they were saying, including their private-d off conversation. She struggled against her bonds, muffled struggles sounded from her.
    "Clearly this is the big bad hiding ground for the bad guys," Silverpine dryly remarked, as he unhooked his spare hunting shotgun.

7. - Top - End - #217

Vampony Showdown

Still preferring not to talk, as the talking ponies make much better targets for, once again, meatshielding, Staccata stays at the periphery. The mare is constantly patrolling around the moving group, ready to pounce.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy knew how these stories went; the heroes were always halfway across the graveyard before the monsters popped out from the shallow graves, ready to strike. True, this was a lot less likely with their walking life and unlife detectors, but if a skeleton tried to grab somepony's leg, he was going to be ready for it. Four stakes and two knives floated around him in an ever-shifting pattern. While the knives would be more distracting than lethal, they were far sturdier than wood for defense.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Cirrus
    Blaze salutes.
    "No problem."
    And then he went back to the Cirrus!
    After dropping off his mecha, taking out the key, and walking up to where everypony else was, he assessed the situation.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Shenanigans----The Cemetery

Nothing, just the whistling wind and the sound of the ground underneath their steps. Eventually they came across the decrepit building that held the entrance way to the crypt. The stone and wooden door frame was partially sunken forcing a tight single file line before it opened up a bit into the dimly lit catacombs below...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    The Cirrus
    Blaze salutes.
    "No problem."
    And then he went back to the Cirrus!
    After dropping off his mecha, taking out the key, and walking up to where everypony else was, he assessed the situation.

Alas! He would only find Hover! And maybe Taylor in the briefing room with the ninja, captured vampony, and captured thrall. Seemed the others thought he was gonna stay behind or something. How inconsiderate, darn that captain!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    The ghostly guard eyed Zaros with every change of expression.

"Well, if this might have any big effects, it's worth seeing."

"No, it is not for you. The situation is already under control. We do not need anyone disrupting it."

"What if I told you I was a direct descendant of one of the ponies who sealed this sorceress?" Night Jewel grinned. That was certainly a brazen thing to say.

"...It depends on the circumstances."
    "The circumstances include your kin of faith." Dawnstrider says softly, placing a hoof on his chest and letting his Lay on Hooves healing ability (a unique and obviously paladinish ability) flow down his armor, lighting up plates along the way. "Is there any reason to believe there is a danger here, at present?"

"Well, those ratties are lookin' sleepy anyway, so as long as we don't bother 'em, they probly won't bother us. 'N even if they wake up 'n attack..." Blades drew a disk. "...They won't last long, will they?"

One of the giant rats opened its eyes, yawned, and went back to sleep, once again proving that the "death" part of their name wasn't very accurate.
    "Oh. Um. Well. We should probably go, then. Um....save ammunition for something more dangerous. Right. Anyways." She stands there awkwardly for several moments before attempting to proceed forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    A ninja knows quiet conversation. "As I cannot sway my lord away from the joys of vampony saliva. Perhaps slaying her lord would free her and bring pleasure to my lord."
    "That problem should take care of itself." Hoping the Celestia that she can read lips, he mouths 'keep your enemies closer' and flicks his gaze to the side, leaning against the wall in a casual position, but so that his head is away from the other two.

Vampony Shenanigans----The Cemetery

Nothing, just the whistling wind and the sound of the ground underneath their steps. Eventually they came across the decrepit building that held the entrance way to the crypt. The stone and wooden door frame was partially sunken forcing a tight single file line before it opened up a bit into the dimly lit catacombs below...
    Daniel slides away his lute - somehow he doubted his songs would work here, and takes out his bow again, nocking three arrows at once, one of them a flamer. This should be good.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Inside the Cirrus

"Hurry the heck up, Blaze!"
    shouted Hover into her comm. The pilot forgot to turn off the private call function after bashing the thing into the wall. Fortunately Gear, Silver, Sandy, and Rainbow would only hear static from this distance.

Unfortunately everypony on the ship heard her. The ninja did most keenly. She nodded at Taylor. "I must depart. If she is not here when I return, you die."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #223

Blaze
    "Hover, where the heck is everypony?"
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside the Cirrus
    Unfortunately everypony on the ship heard her. The ninja did most keenly. She nodded at Taylor. "I must depart. If she is not here when I return, you die."
    "Why not make sure yourself? If you stay 'imprisoned' here, you can keep an eye on her, I can make sure neither of you are harmed, and no awkward questions will be asked about your disappearance. And if they ask me for a reason to let both of you go...I can be very persuasive."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Vamponies

Unless anyone brought a lantern, or has night vision, it was noticeably darker after some time for those without the latter.

It showed showed many passages to choose from. Twas then Miss M froze in her tracks and stared wide eyed into the darkness.

"Aaack.....I...feel so many in here.....more than before... thrice more than before.....so many vamponies, this does not add up..."
    She said in a confused shaky voice as she backed up into a defensive position.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The circumstances include your kin of faith." Dawnstrider says softly, placing a hoof on his chest and letting his Lay on Hooves healing ability (a unique and obviously paladinish ability) flow down his armor, lighting up plates along the way. "Is there any reason to believe there is a danger here, at present?"
    Shining Sword watched him, then nodded. "Ah, yes. You can certainly be trusted. I believe the seal is intact, but you should investigate it and make sure. If necessary, repair it. Now, you and the descendant of Arcane Sand may proceed." With that, the ghost moved aside.

Heh. He bought it. I just hope he doesn't expect me to meddle with that seal of his or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "Oh. Um. Well. We should probably go, then. Um....save ammunition for something more dangerous. Right. Anyways." She stands there awkwardly for several moments before attempting to proceed forward.
    "All right, then! See ya around, ratties!" Blades headed down the tunnel.

"Kind of a lot of confusion goin' on in this place, isn't there! Have ya got an idea of what ya'll do down here? 'Cause these things can get kind of mixed up."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Blaze
    "Hover, where the heck is everypony?"
    Hover quickly hugged and nuzzled her fiance. "They left to fight monsters. Our jobs officially, remember. They left me with a vampony, a thrall, a ninja, and a... musician."

"Why not make sure yourself? If you stay 'imprisoned' here, you can keep an eye on her, I can make sure neither of you are harmed, and no awkward questions will be asked about your disappearance. And if they ask me for a reason to let both of you go...I can be very persuasive."
    "But they left to kill her master, no?" Amaya flapped her wings to hover and bring her throwing knives to her wingtips.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Vamponies

Unless anyone brought a lantern, or has night vision, it was noticeably darker after some time for those without the latter.

It showed showed many passages to choose from. Twas then Miss M froze in her tracks and stared wide eyed into the darkness.

"Aaack.....I...feel so many in here.....more than before... thrice more than before.....so many vamponies, this does not add up..."
    Going in almost blind to the enemy's lair? It put Sandy on edge. Going into the enemy's lair and finding their numbers are triple what they had expected? Now that sounded more like a Cirrus-grade plan. It was oddly, yet comfortingly familiar to be so outnumbered.

Despite his racing heart, Sandy put on brave face up at the front. "Well...it don't matter too much so long as we get that Master fella, right? Once he's gone, there's nothin' keepin' th' rest of 'em here, an' then it don't matter how many they got. They either hightail it out, or we stake 'em." As if it were that simple. But said with his sincere confidence, you could almost think he believed it to be so.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Vamponies

Rainbow slows down to count her ammo. The duffle bag of crossbolt bolts is getting heavy at this point. She has been lugging it for a while.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Going in almost blind to the enemy's lair? It put Sandy on edge. Going into the enemy's lair and finding their numbers are triple what they had expected? Now that sounded more like a Cirrus-grade plan. It was oddly, yet comfortingly familiar to be so outnumbered.

Despite his racing heart, Sandy put on brave face up at the front. "Well...it don't matter too much so long as we get that Master fella, right? Once he's gone, there's nothin' keepin' th' rest of 'em here, an' then it don't matter how many they got. They either hightail it out, or we stake 'em." As if it were that simple. But said with his sincere confidence, you could almost think he believed it to be so.
    Vamponies

Rainbow slows down to count her ammo. The duffle bag of crossbolt bolts is getting heavy at this point. She has been lugging it for a while.
    "Well. There's the small point of how many we could stake at any one time before they overwhelm us." Ever the pessimist, Silverpine was. But that was why he was second-in-command. His caution to Gearstride's exuberance. He glanced at Miss M. "How many exactly are we talking about here?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Shenanigans-Into the Crypt

"Right Sandy! Take out the biggun and we got them!" Gearstride declared, ribbing Sandy with forced over confidence to mask her uncertainty on all this.

"Right now it feels like one big...blob...but maybe up towards the likes of forty----"

And suddenly the air would feel so much colder now. Even those with the natural and unnatural ability to see in the dark would find it hard pressed to find the sources of the cacophonous cackles and laughter that suddenly appeared.

"Oh ho ho..haha...haha....Eight little ponies standing in the dark, one by one out goes their spark~ Eight little ponies in need of the light, eight little ponies will die tonight~~"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

"Right Sandy! Take out the biggun and we got them!" Gearstride declared, ribbing Sandy with forced over confidence to mask her uncertainty on all this.

"Right now it feels like one big...blob...but maybe up towards the likes of forty----"

And suddenly the air would feel so much colder now. Even those with the natural and unnatural ability to see in the dark would find it hard pressed to find the sources of the cacophonous cackles and laughter that suddenly appeared.

"Oh ho ho..haha...haha....Eight little ponies standing in the dark, one by one out goes their spark~ Eight little ponies in need of the light, eight little ponies will die tonight~~"
    Sandy suddenly remembered what Miss M had said about unicorn vamponies; their magical talents were as numerous and varied as sands on the seashore, but each and every one of them was incredibly powerful. "Stick close!" Sandy whispered to the group. Time to see just what this vampony was made of. Keeping his stakes hovering close by, Sandy channeled magic into his basic light spell, trying to dispel the shadows that crowded in on them. Or at least, give them all a common point to fight around.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-21 at 09:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

((sorry for the delay, got confused about the time it was and been on about other stuff))

Aisis, Luka and Mile

both Luka and Mile would just return home, Aisis would get pretty tired after a while and do it too, then they would just go to bed.

The next day, they're still sleeping.

Guardhouse

"W-what?.... On active duty? already?"
    "Yes, your post's at the Southern Gate, you're the replacement, now go!"
    "W-why not just guard the dark soldier in the cell?
    "YOU'RE NOT WORTHY OF MY PRESENCE!!
    "Orders are orders, now go!"
    The young mare would just recoil back a bit, then salute and trot outside, towards the gate, possibly finding Snowflake there, or anypony else.

Outskirts

"Have you found them?"
    "...No, they just went into that building, I'm guessing that's where they live, but not the apartment"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

Vampony Showdown

Staccata is obviously already going for those convenient UV flashbangs Mach made for her. Knowing that Gearstride also uses a similar device, the mare slinks over and whispers, "Get ready to flash 'em?"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Hover quickly hugged and nuzzled her fiance. "They left to fight monsters. Our jobs officially, remember. They left me with a vampony, a thrall, a ninja, and a... musician."
    The Cirrus
    Blaze looks confused!
    "Wait. What monsters? I though this vampony business was all over?"
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Whoever is singing has a terrible voice and no song writing talent." whispered the sniper.

The Cirrus
    Blaze looks confused!
    "Wait. What monsters? I though this vampony business was all over?"
    Hover's muzzle is glues to Blazing's barrel. "Not yet. There is still a clan of them out there."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Shining Sword watched him, then nodded. "Ah, yes. You can certainly be trusted. I believe the seal is intact, but you should investigate it and make sure. If necessary, repair it. Now, you and the descendant of Arcane Sand may proceed." With that, the ghost moved aside.

Heh. He bought it. I just hope he doesn't expect me to meddle with that seal of his or whatever.
    Dawnstrider leads the way past the ghost, not commenting for a time. "Your grasp of geneaology is interesting, to say the least." Once more with the time honored 'offhand bait' line of questioning.

"All right, then! See ya around, ratties!" Blades headed down the tunnel.

"Kind of a lot of confusion goin' on in this place, isn't there! Have ya got an idea of what ya'll do down here? 'Cause these things can get kind of mixed up."
    "I'll think of something. Maybe I'll start with talking. Then move on to asking. Mix it up with some pleading. And if all else fails I can rip her apart from the inside."

Beat.

"...I'm not actually going to do that."

"But they left to kill her master, no?" Amaya flapped her wings to hover and bring her throwing knives to her wingtips.
    "I did say the problem would take care of itself, no? But think about this from my perspective; if this isn't handled very carefully, they'll boot me and come straight after you. Neither of us want that. Therefore, caution."

"Whoever is singing has a terrible voice and no song writing talent." whispered the sniper.
    Daniel flips down his monocle and switches it to nightvision. When the voice speaks he just stands dumbfounded until he can form a coherent sentance past his incredulity.

"The overconfident master speaks
    Unaware of the havoc we'll wreak
    Eight the heroes that stand in his lair
    And he mistakenly thinks he's given them a scare.

He doesn't see the truth of it
    He really won't until he chokes on the bit
    Uses his strongest power to overcompensate
    But my warnings will be heard a little too late."
    He puts all the unimpressed-laced sardonicism he can into the verse, hoping (and thinking as loud as he can) that he won't have to do a song-battle with this idiot. Which has to added benefit of emitting a sort of optimistic pulse in the style of 'Inspire Courage', but with a healthy dose of pointing out absurdity.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Luff

~ Tis not the master who you hear, but a loyal subject to him they adhere. To hear the master's voice shall leave you in true fear~ hahah oh hoho haha..

There was a choir of collective laughter that echoed throughout the crypt.

Miss M grimaced being overwhelmed. "Gack...I can't...pinpoint an exact location.....I don't know why....but it just feels everywhere...this shouldn't happen..." Zephyr tried to peer into the darkness but not even his night vision would find him anything here. Gearstride threw a flash bomb in a direction she swore she heard the voices the loudest. The bomb went off revealing nothing for the time it was illuminating. Sandy spell that encircled the gang did that, illuminate around them, giving them a radius to work in. Alas, nothing for them to see but the decrepit architecture and a glance at how big it rather was. Though those with the ability to see in the dark would see that anyway, for those who couldn't, well now they could.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-21 at 10:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Hover's muzzle is glues to Blazing's barrel. "Not yet. There is still a clan of them out there."
    The Cirrus
    It's glued to his what-now? 0_o
    "And who did they go in with, exactly? A whole clan of vamponies is gonna be...bad."
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #240

Vampony Showdown

"He's throwing his voice," Staccata states, with that little trick being part of her repertoire. She keeps a UV flash at the ready, trying to pin down the source of the voices.
    Spoiler
    Show