New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

Skiing is serious business.

Me chillaxing in Europe with my doggy friend.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

Dog friends are good friends. Human friends are just hot.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

A couple of songs from my band, Vireo. Heavy blue-rock sound. Suggested if you like: Grady, Foo Fighters, ZZ Top, Black Keys, lots of Canadian rock.

Hurricane

Like a Dog - A fan cobbled together this little promo video for us with some clips of gigs.

Would love some feedback!
    Last edited by prufock; 2012-09-13 at 09:09 AM.
    Settings: Weird West
    Work in Progress: Fulcrum

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    A couple of songs from my band, Vireo. Heavy blue-rock sound. Suggested if you like: Grady, Foo Fighters, ZZ Top, Black Keys, lots of Canadian rock.

Hurricane

Like a Dog - A fan cobbled together this little promo video for us with some clips of gigs.

Would love some feedback!
    Well, I'm certainly impressed.
    Not much I can give in terms of feedback considering my lack of any musical talent, but I certainly like your sound.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'd add Dead Kennedies to that list of "If you like..." if I were you. Although that's not much of a connection. I think it's just the vocalist. Maybe I'm weird. Anyway...

Chilling at sports games and such.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I'd add Dead Kennedies to that list of "If you like..." if I were you. Although that's not much of a connection. I think it's just the vocalist. Maybe I'm weird. Anyway...

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    In that first picture your hair reminds me of my brother. Which is weird because you don't actually look much alike.
    Jude P.

7. - Top - End - #37

Gwyn is at university!

... so, apparently Frosh is just a Canadian thing. For some reason, other universities don't have a week-long party/orientation thing before classes? Well, this one is from one of the Frosh events.

Spoiler
    Show

Drinking crappy beer on beach day, in the middle of the day. Beach Day was so much fun. Getting back was NOT fun.

This next one is just a random night I went to.
    Spoiler
    Show

That night involved drinking at the football game, then drinking and partying at rez, then going to the campus bar to the SLASA (the (something) Latin American Student Association)'s party, had a few drinks there, then one of the girl's friends (not pictured) invited the rest of us (literally just the people in the picture) to his apartment, where we partied more, until we eventually went home around 3:30 in the morning. Got up the next day, was still solidly tipsy. Did not sober up until noon. That's a personal record.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Gwyn is at university!

... so, apparently Frosh is just a Canadian thing. For some reason, other universities don't have a week-long party/orientation thing before classes? Well, this one is from one of the Frosh events.
    My first college has a week-long freshman orientation. Except it's all about writing and crap like that, not meeting people (outside of class) or drinking (well it is a "dry" campus).
    My current university just has a two-day orientation thing, and I'm not even sure which of the two experiences was more of a drag.
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Silly troll, the sports are in the other direction. That way lies but madness, and by that, I mean the cheering section.

Gwyn is at university!

Nope, we don't. We have a fortnight-long party/orientation thing before classes. And here I thought everyone did just as us...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm older than I look. Promise.

Spoiler
    Show

The sample I got from a friend who also happens to be a semi-professional photographer.

My puppy, asleep on my hand. He's my guy.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

11. - Top - End - #41

Well, mine was over a fortnight. Especially cuz it didn't really stop until classes had already been going for over a week... So it was more like half a month.

Partially cuz QC is one of the only places where the majority of first years are drinking age in north america, our frosh involves a LOT of drinking. One memorable night started with a few beers at noon, then we went on a pub crawl downtown, then we breaked for a few hours, then we predrank at one of the frosh leader's houses which was fun, then we went to a club.

I have never seen so many Americans learning their limits as I did the last month.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I'm older than I look. Promise.

Spoiler
    Show

The sample I got from a friend who also happens to be a semi-professional photographer.
    Pretty, although I think black and white photography is a bit silly when not properly justified. Not as bad as Instagram blur, but it's a bit of the same thing...

Well, mine was over a fortnight. Especially cuz it didn't really stop until classes had already been going for over a week... So it was more like half a month.

Partially cuz QC is one of the only places where the majority of first years are drinking age in north america, our frosh involves a LOT of drinking. One memorable night started with a few beers at noon, then we went on a pub crawl downtown, then we breaked for a few hours, then we predrank at one of the frosh leader's houses which was fun, then we went to a club.

I have never seen so many Americans learning their limits as I did the last month.
    Yeah, we begun with lectures after a week as well. And yeah, pretty much everyone but those who started school early are of drinking age by then. There's actually a saying that Uppsala University creates almost as many academics as alcoholics. Lots of partying is what the student life is all about.
    I'm a terrible student.

Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah, we begun with lectures after a week as well. And yeah, pretty much everyone but those who started school early are of drinking age by then. There's actually a saying that Uppsala University creates almost as many academics as alcoholics. Lots of partying is what the student life is all about.
    I'm a terrible student.
    As a US resident I'm still underage. I went to school young, so I'm only eighteen as a junior in uni.
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

18 is legal age for drinking here in Sweden, and unless you started school early, you're going to be at least 18 when going to the university.

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can't tell which one you are in that first photo Gwyn, but you look older than I remember in the 2nd one.

Silly troll, the sports are in the other direction. That way lies but madness, and by that, I mean the cheering section.
    Also my friends. I mean, who goes to school sporting events to watch the game? Pfft.

16. - Top - End - #46

18 is legal age for drinking here in Sweden, and unless you started school early, you're going to be at least 18 when going to the university.
    Yeah, that's standard. I was sixteen when I started college.
    Jude P.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Gwyn is at university!

It's a thing over here in Aus, but we call it O-week. You can either play it straight and just sort of learn about the uni and what being at uni is like, oooor you can be drunk for an entire week and maaaaaaaybe be sober for classes come the following week :P

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

18. - Top - End - #48

I can't tell which one you are in that first photo Gwyn, but you look older than I remember in the 2nd one.
    I'm the one on the far right in the middle of saying something. The embarrassingly thin one with no shirt. I burnt so bad that day. Sunscreen is for people who aren't me.

And I love this one because all the drinking is fully put on by the school. Even though the McGill Daily disapproves of the drinking and immature chants. I don't think there's a single song or chant that I can post on this forum...

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

I'm the one on the far right in the middle of saying something. The embarrassingly thin one with no shirt. I burnt so bad that day. Sunscreen is for people who aren't me.

And I love this one because all the drinking is fully put on by the school. Even though the McGill Daily disapproves of the drinking and immature chants. I don't think there's a single song or chant that I can post on this forum...
    You are very skinny, Gwyn. Decent tan though.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    Well, I'm certainly impressed.
    Not much I can give in terms of feedback considering my lack of any musical talent, but I certainly like your sound.
    Thanks!

Hmm, can't say I see the similarity myself (not much punk in our stuff), I'll have to give some DK a fresh listen!
    The vocals/guitars are me.
    Settings: Weird West
    Work in Progress: Fulcrum

21. - Top - End - #51

... so, apparently Frosh is just a Canadian thing. For some reason, other universities don't have a week-long party/orientation thing before classes?
    You mean Freshers' Week? We have it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gwyn's all nekkid and stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, we call it introduction camp. At college it's usually a weekend or 3 days long, and at Uni a week long. Not that much fun for people who don't drink though. Tons of fun for people who don't mind getting a tad drunk or are still naive about the ways of alcohol and want to be introduced.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Way back in the dark ages when I started college (aka, 1988) we had a weekend orientation in July, and then started school the last week of August, with Freshman coming on campus a day before everybody else.

Orientation is where I met my wife, actually. ;)
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You have nothing to be ashamed of sir. On that note, I do. For I was hanging out in my friends "shaggin' wagon" ... Good times.

Spoiler
    Show

I also somehow oranged my tongue. Still confused about that one. (Warning, photo is IN YOUR FACE.)

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

HELLO!

Spoiler
    Show

My sister's 'cuddly little' dog Skrållan.
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2012-09-16 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

KuReshtin: Even in a spoiler, that image is far too large. Please shrink it or link it.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    KuReshtin: Even in a spoiler, that image is far too large. Please shrink it or link it.
    Yeah, sorry.. Didn't think it was that big.. Sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

So, my girlfriend and I went to ska festival last night. It was fun. But the best thing was...My basically glowing hair, and the fact that she had three mohawks :D

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Colossus in the Playground

...Rufio?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-09-16 at 09:34 AM.