New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

They do look pretty cool.

So. Photos. I has some. Not particularly interesting nor attractive ones (except the butterfly), but anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is what I did for my Christmas.

Being silly. Sadly cut-off stockings don't work great as headware.

I wore basically the same costume as I did a few years ago, so I thought I'd try to get a photo to compare with the older one. It didn't really work, though.
    New version:

Old (and better) one:

Oh, and speaking of costumes, here's a last-minute one I wore to a video game themed party.

(pardon the water on my boob, it was raining)

And finally, the aforementioned butterfly I found.

In that last one, it took this odd stance and vibrated its wings at me.

If they're still big for you, sorry. I've resized them, but it might not register yet.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

Serp pictures = like.

I like the new picture better, so I guess I'm a heretic.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #573
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Not particularly interesting nor attractive
    Lies.

Being silly. Sadly cut-off stockings don't work great as headware.
    Not so sure, it seems like the kind of thing a friend of mine might do, and she's had a fair amount of success with converting items of clothing into completely different items of clothing. Maybe you just did it wrong.

I wore basically the same costume as I did a few years ago, so I thought I'd try to get a photo to compare with the older one. It didn't really work, though.
    I also really like the new one. Of course, it being the same costume, the only difference really is you, so I guess what I'm saying is I prefer the Serp I know to the one from the past.
    Also in the old photo the makeup round your eyes looks weird.

The butterfly is also pretty.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #574

It's more the photo itself I have a problem with. The pose and colour are all wrong, and I forgot to take my glasses off, and I was feeling too silly about it to ask for a re-do.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, the colours are fantastic in that new one. The mix of blues and greens gives it a fae-like or ethereal quality. Also, the way the light shines through sunglasses creates a really nice effect on your face.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2013-02-04 at 08:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Haircut~ Back to short hair, and rocking that all awful faux hawk...Need to colour it so it actually looks semi-decent.

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

7. - Top - End - #577

Succubus: Just glasses, not sunglasses. The "effect" is eye shadow.

Dizzy: Still a good-looking dude, but I miss your hair

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, ladies.

Hmm... With some work, that'd be an even more artistic photo...
    Maybe cut off some of the space to the right... Shame the background lets it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Leviathan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That is a nice shade of blue. I admire your choice of colour.

@Serpentine: I'm going to echo The Succubus here and say that the colours in the new one are fantastic. They remind me kind of like a person who has entered the world of faeries and sees everything in vibrant shades of blue and green. Shame the illusion is interrupted by the Hill's hoists.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Lies.
    Agreed, Serps is pretty~
    (Although the mask is creepy)

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Haircut~ Back to short hair, and rocking that all awful faux hawk...Need to colour it so it actually looks semi-decent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suits you!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    That is a nice shade of blue. I admire your choice of colour.
    It's actually purple silk :) The lighting and flash does all kinds of interesting things to the colour.
    I tell you what, I learned the hard way that night that silk does *not* stop the breeze!
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

It's actually purple silk :) The lighting and flash does all kinds of interesting things to the colour.
    I tell you what, I learned the hard way that night that silk does *not* stop the breeze!
    No, it'd probably be my eyes. I'm always getting certain shades of purple confused with blue. Now that I know it's purple, it looks purple.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #582

No, it'd probably be my eyes. I'm always getting certain shades of purple confused with blue. Now that I know it's purple, it looks purple.
    That's quite interesting. If I now tell you that it's Pink will you see it as Pink? :)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

That's quite interesting. If I now tell you that it's Pink will you see it as Pink? :)
    No, because I'm not colourblind. However, I am deficient when it comes to reds and greens, so the purples that stand on the line between blue and purple often appear blue to me.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #584

No, because I'm not colourblind. However, I am deficient when it comes to reds and greens, so the purples that stand on the line between blue and purple often appear blue to me.
    Fair enough :)
    Also, I'm sorry if my little joke seemed insensitive.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Fair enough :)
    Also, I'm sorry if my little joke seemed insensitive.
    Don't worry, it wasn't insensitive at all.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I just joined the forum. I went a little photo crazy today, because I'm sick and had nothing to do, plus I have an art project due which required me to do something called a "dramatic" self portrait. Contrary to what my personality makes people think, I really don't like photo's. The reason is quite simple, light bounces heavily off of my cheeks, making them seem very pronounced, and my pimples look HUUUGE, when they're really not.

Also.. I'm eighteen in just a few months, so I believe (and am told) I look very young for my age. I know, I know, in a few years I'll be grateful for it. But right now, it bugs me. BUT!! I'm still new to the forum and need to show you all what I look like, so you know who you're talking to.

The first few photos we took were with my currently un-modded mask on. In a few months I'll upload pictures of the end result of the mask. For now though, here are my 2nd and 3rd favorite pictures with it. The first being my profile pic.

Blend
    Spoiler
    Show

I was trying to give a creepy "hunchbacked" sort of appearance while trying to convey being.. Unseen? I guess? The "unseen" part didn't work, but I think I came off as nice and creepy. Plus! The hunchback worked. Yay?

See me
    Alternate title: No, I don't have a gold tooth. Shush.
    Spoiler
    Show

This time I tried to add a bit of distance perspective by craning my head forwards. I think it worked again, though this time I didn't look as creepy as I'd like. There was no intention of "trying to hide" in this image, so I' actually HAPPY that, that doesn't show.

I have a few more with the mask, but I didn't want to clutter the thread, so here are some of the better ones WITHOUT the mask.

Unaligned eyes
    Spoiler
    Show

No clue why my eye went out of whack there.. But it did. Thought it looked interesting, so I kept it.

Lady killer? Or doofus?
    Spoiler
    Show

I didn't actually come up with this pose, my father did. He insisted I attempt something "sexy". Honestly, I think it looks a bit corny, but hey, what do I know?

Rage
    If the inside of mouths creep you out, do not open this
    Spoiler
    Show

This one makes me look even younger and, honestly, I'm not a huge fan of it. However, I needed to take one like this because of an art project, so eh. I'll be uploading this as a drawing as well.. Eventually.

Serpentine: LOVE the butterfly, the butterfly wings AND the mask! Did you make the mask yourself? More importantly, how did you get the butterfly to land on you? The big one on your back, I mean. Those giant ones are so reclusive in my area.

Dispoziton: Sweet hair man. If I was blond, I would 100% Do that with my hair. But.. I'm not. Dark brown bordering on black hair for me. Funny thing, this hairstyle I have here? Only my third day with it, I usually have a muuuch different, kind of geeky style.

Everyone else: I'll comment later, don't feel like going backwards in the thread sorry.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2013-02-05 at 02:37 PM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

17. - Top - End - #587

Can I have your hair?
    I want your hair.
    You have awesome hair.

I'm not sure whether to continue growing my hair out or try and cut it and go for a mohawk. Mohawk is a lot of work but I want to try it if this growing-hair-out thing puffs up too much.

random picture from over break (hair is MUCH longer than it was then!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2013-02-05 at 02:29 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll trade my hair for your tongue. That thing is awesome, Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Serpentine, that mask is the creepy. And I agree with everyone, I prefer the new butterfly.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

20. - Top - End - #590

Spoiler
    Show

Two friends and I singing Simon and Garfunkel, Homeward Bound at a karaoke bar yesterday.

The guy on the far left did an AMAZING version of "The Piano Has Been Drinking", he has an AMAZING Tom Waits voice, and the guy in the middle has an amazing crooner voice, did a great Sinatra number but I can't remember what song.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Haha thanks guys.

Re, Succubus: No, no. I'm the hero here. It's all just a big misunderstanding!

And not to be a photo-hog, but...

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, ladies.

Daaaaaaaayum gurl, you lookin' fine tonight!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still much to shy to post a picture of myself, but I thought I'd post this instead... (here's a link) since the spoilered image is massive.

Warning: Very Large!
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2013-02-10 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Removed oversize embedded image

23. - Top - End - #593
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Neftren: Embedded image removed. Please link to images that large only. Spoilering it does NOT prevent it from being loaded.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Neftren: Embedded image removed. Please link to images that large only. Spoilering it does NOT prevent it from being loaded.
    Ah, gotcha. I'll resize it in the future.

25. - Top - End - #595

Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately the title of the film we were in can't be written on the forum, but we helped out a friend's film today and took one of the best photos ever!
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2013-02-10 at 07:30 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Hipster Emoticons: The Movie?

27. - Top - End - #597

A lot of snow got dumped on us. It also got dumped on me. That ice stuck in my goatee was most uncomfortable.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    A lot of snow got dumped on us. It also got dumped on me. That ice stuck in my goatee was most uncomfortable.
    You look cold. I hope you got inside and drank something warm soon after.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

29. - Top - End - #599

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    You look cold. I hope you got inside and drank something warm soon after.
    Not soon after. We continued to furiously shovel for another good 3 hours. After that though, much coffee, pizza, and hot chocolate was consumed. I actually wasn't that cold. That big fur hat is Russian military issue, so it is quite warm. I love it, and have named it Vasili.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Not soon after. We continued to furiously shovel for another good 3 hours. After that though, much coffee, pizza, and hot chocolate was consumed. I actually wasn't that cold. That big fur hat is Russian military issue, so it is quite warm. I love it, and have named it Vasili.
    The hat would help. And none of you turned into artificial snowmen? I'm surprised.
    Show
    You're my favorite.