New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Lamentiron brings up his sword to block Verateka's lung.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[52] vs. 75
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Lametiron doesn't say anything, just swings at Setesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning Attack:

(1d100)[65] vs. 55

Swift Attack:

(1d100)[55] vs. 65

Blademaster for either, priority for Lightning:

(1d100)[59]
    -Me

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

It seemed as though the Master of Fate was not as with him now as he was before, as Setesh was the only one who was unable to land blows. But the sorcerer was not one to give up in face of bad odds. Vra'tzaen would land a blow at some point. And Setesh could notice the daemon within wanted it too, as it was now strangely humming and cackling at the same time.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action Aim
    Half Action Swift Attack:
    (1d100)[64] vs 80 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +10 ganging up, +10 aim)
    Unnatural Weapon Skill (7) adds +4 DoS.
    6 DoS.

Damage rolls with Pen 10, Force, Tearing, +3 dmg when inflicting Critical Damage
    (1d10+19)[9](28) or (1d10+19)[2](21) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[8](27) or (1d10+19)[3](22) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[8](27) or (1d10+19)[5](24) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[10](29) or (1d10+19)[1](20) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[5](24) or (1d10+19)[1](20) for 9 DoS

Potential Killing Will in OOC.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-18 at 09:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

"Kill for the Dark Gods!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning Attack:

(1d100)[13] vs. 55

Swift Attack:

(1d100)[8] vs. 65

Blademaster, priority Lightning:

(1d100)[3]
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh could feel he would soon change into something he was not ready for if he could not land a blow on the Word Bearer, and kept on his assault with his daemon weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action Aim
    (1d100)[8] vs 70 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +10 aim, +10 ganging up, -10 fatigue)
    11 DoS.
    Damage rolls with Pen 10, Force, Tearing, +3 dmg when inflicting Critical Damage
    (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[1](20) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[1](20) or (1d10+19)[7](26) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[9](28) or (1d10+19)[8](27) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[1](20) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[5](24) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 9 DoS

Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-18 at 11:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

Lamentiron only laughs as his field goes down. "I don't need it to kill you." He lunges at Setesh, swinging.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning Attack:

(1d100)[51] vs. 55

Swift Attack:

(1d100)[14] vs. 65

Blademaster, priority Lightning:

(1d100)[100]

Lamentiron's sword gets past Setesh's guard and field and buries itself in his arm, electrocuting him painfully and burning his flesh.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-19 at 12:21 AM.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

The last hit the sorcerer felt. A lot. He reeled back a little from the blow to his arm and without trying to hit any particular place he just swung his sword at the Word Bearer. The Weaver of Fates was definately with him, as the Word Bearer's forcefield had overloaded just before this, which allowed Setesh to land a hit on the kin of Lorgar. A somewhat fatigued sorcerer channeled his will through Vra'tzaen which made the daemon weapon flare up in a strongly colored blue and purple flame as the Word Bearer recieved the sorcerer's will manifest through his body enveloping him in the warpfire.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[34] vs 60 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +10 ganging up, -10 fatigue)

(1d10+19)[9](28) or (1d10+19)[5](24) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[9](28) or (1d10+19)[7](26) for 3 DoS

and (1d10+19)[6](25) or (1d10+19)[8](27) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[6](25) for 7 DoS [26]
    and (1d10+19)[7](26) or (1d10+19)[5](24) for 9 DoS

Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-19 at 12:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Lamentiron screeches in horrible agony as he is burned by the horrifying flames of Setesh' malign will. He falls to the ground, smoking. Astonishingly though, it seems that Lorgar, or perhaps one or more of the Four, has taken an interest in him, for the scriptures so painstakingly carved onto his armor glow with an unholy fire, enveloping the chapel in light. When it vanishes, Lamentiron has gone with it.

The chapel is suddenly silent, it's subtle systems serving to protect its occupants from the noisome distraction from the battle outside.

That silence doesn't last long. A long, slow clap fills the air.

"Oh" says a familiar voice, "Bravo."
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Setesh was able to land a hit, his considerable psychic will was able to fell the capable warrior of the Word Bearers just as he knew he would. The problem was landing that first blow. It took considerable effort, as Setesh was now badly hurt. His leg was probably broken, as he had troubles moving as gracefully as usual -- though it was still more than he would be able to without assistance from the psychic power he had sustained all this time. One of his arms was more or less not functional at this moment, but it was not his usual sword-arm. But his devotion in the Lord of Change had been proven when it counted the most, as the Word Bearer's cursed force field had become overloaded allowing him to be struck down.

Though it would seem another Dark God must have had some interest in the Word Bearer, as Setesh was denied his sacrifice to the Changer. I shall find and have him bleed and crumble to dust for you my Lord. he thought, consciously avoiding to broadcast his thoughts to everyone in range -- his fatigue made it a little harder to keep his considerable telepathic strength under control.

He heard someone. Someone who applauded him for defeating the Word Bearer. He looked and searched for this mysterious voice, with both his ordinary senses and his warpsight.

Spoiler
    Show
    If needed: Awareness test: (1d100)[89] vs 35
    Psyniscience test: (1d100)[21] vs 45
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-19 at 02:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

It isn't any effort to find the source of the noise at all. He is standing by the doors, making no effort to hide himself at all. It's Adrios, the slightly deranged sorcerer-lord of the Scourged. He has his full golden headpiece on, along with his staff in his right hand, his glittering blue and gold sword in his left. And he isn't alone.

Standing on the other side of the entrance-way, not far from Adrios, is an Astartes who is very obviously the leader of the World Eaters here. He grasps a Bloodletter's Hellblade in one hand, and a power axe that is obviously a daemon weapon in the other.

Behind the two leaders are their respective hosts, standing at a respectful distance from the great tyrants. The Scourged Setesh has seen already, but he observes among the World Eaters several Astartes not of their Legion - Space Wolves, Flesh Tearers, Salamanders, Blood Ravens, and White Scars - all coated in the runes and symbols of Khorne - are all represented among the Khornate band. Most curious, however, are the pair of Eldar, male and female, among the World Eaters, wearing Khornate armor and symbols.

"See." Adrios faces the Khornate leader. "I told you he would prevail, Xerkis."

Xerkis, as he is evidently called, growls in an annoyed tone. "It seems you were correct." His voice sounds like it is being forced through gritted teeth.

Adrios chuckles. "And thus do you learn never to doubt a sorcerer of the Architect of Destiny."

Xerkis snorts. "As if your slippery coward's tongue has any value." He turns toward his host briefly, then back to Adrios. "Now all that's left to do is loot the building and kill everyone inside."

"Wait just a moment. Setesh won the combat with the building's champion. I say that he should have the first crack at it."

"Oh, do you? And since when have your kind behaved by the rules of honor?"

"My dear old friend, you don't trust my motives? I'm hurt." He chuckles. "But surely even your barbarian god honors the rule of champions."

Xerkis turns to look Setesh up and down, his burning eyes regarding every detail. "And what do you have to say for yourself, whelp?"
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #821
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Night Lord finally calms himself. The time for fury had passed. He looks about the room, checking that his kills are just so, disengaging the helmet and crushing the necks of each Word Bearer in turn, save for the one on fire. If he was playing dead, or merely too unconscious to respond, he cared little which was the case. If he lived, it meant a survivor to spread the word of an Astartes who could kill others with naught but his hands. He placed the acid stroke of his kill-mark upon the cheek or forehead of each of the three, and took any grenades they had, along with the most intact helmet he can find, before checking on Katria. He was surprised to find he had a sense of regret that the mortal was dead. For all the failing of human flesh, she had fought well despite the odds. He kneels to place a hand upon the odd insect head she'd gained as a "blessing" from the Gods.
    "He who stands with me shall be my brother." he intones quietly. He then helps himself to the Frozen Shard, along with the medikit, stimm, her conversion field, stummer and grapnel. It would not do to leave these things in the hands of the enemy. Funerary rites for brothers were oddly missing from his memory, so he sufficed by taking her camo cloak, and draping it over her like a shroud. At least in death she would have some dignity.
    He walks over to the Word Bearer who is gently smouldering still.
    "Far greater fires await you in Slathissin, zealot." he spits a globule of acid upon the Astartes' chest, before allowing himself to come out of the reverie of ritual.
    ++Slathissin to group, report. What is your status and location?++ he asks, checking his auspex for any locations of return signals.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh was a little relieved it was not someone who was likely to attack him on sight. He was not sure he could survive another difficult combat before he had time to recover a little. The two warband leaders were not necessarily friendly, though, especially not the khornate. And that Space Wolf among them. Setesh's hatred flared up a little, remembering his home burning as he looked upon the Wolf. It did not matter much that it was not one of the corpse-god's pups. But he forced himself to calm down. It was not the time or the place, and especially not in this shape. If only his mastery of biomancy was greater he would be able to recover faster.

They were talking about the sorcerer, Setesh still with Vra'tzaen gripped in his hand. The daemon weapon was beginning to calm down and lower its volume rather quickly in the presence of the two dangerous individuals before them. He did not know how long they had been standing there, but they had seen him defeat the Word Bearer atleast. And evidently Setesh had just defeated the champion of the temple, the seeming commander of the splintered Word Bearers. What they said was somewhat true, if you followed the rules of honour. That he had first right to the spoils. But the Word Bearer had been whisked away and the sorcerer did not know what valuables the temple contained. Atleast not what was valuable to him.

"I would not expect two such as you to be acquaintances." Setesh snarkily replied, still a little out of breath. "As their commander was unlucky enough to not having the honour of being sacrificed to the Changer of Ways, I would instead need to have a look around the temple to see what loot these 'heretics' might have stashed." he said as he had a better look at the room he was in, his sight having been fixed upon his now-defeated opponent until now. Of course he did not care much for what 'loot' there was. If he was to find what secrets and information the temple contained, he would need to look and search for it. He was disappointed that he was not able to keep the Word Bearer alive. He had wanted to rip out any information contained within his mind.

To Setesh's surprise it seemed the Night Lord was still alive. "++Minor injuries, inside the temple.++" the sorcerer quickly replied.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

"We've known each other quite some time. Ever since..."

"The 7th Black Crusade."

Adrios nods. "Yes. Xerkis here was one of the berserkers who charged the Blood Angels alongside our honored Warmaster. I was but a humble apprentice at the time."
    -Me

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

"I remember that." the sorcerer said, as he tried to figure out where he would best go and search for something he would want to find. Setesh himself had taken part in the 7th Black Crusade, one which he had enjoyed due to the overarching tactics of deceit and confusion. He was however unsure if they knew of his origins. But it was quite possible the Scourged sorcerer did.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-20 at 04:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

"Really? How old are you again?"

There are three exits on both sides of the main hall, including the second one of the left side, the one the Alpha Legionarre disappeared into. There is also the glowing sphere floating between two pillars.

Spoiler
    Show
    The 7th Black Crusade took place in 811.M37, for reference.
    -Me

16. - Top - End - #826

Verateka looked at the sphere, attempting to see how high it was in comparison to the floor.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

The sphere is roughly 9 or so feet off the floor.
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #828

"My lords, may I take that sphere? I have a fascination for the technological."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-20 at 02:04 PM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Xerkis takes a look at Verateka. "And just who are you?"
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #830

"I am my lord's servant, responsible for helping him defeat the Lamentiron. It is unsurprising you have not noticed me -- I am insignificant. But my skills with the medicae arts and technological rituals are good, and for that I have been spared the fate of destruction."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-20 at 02:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

"When did you come in? I saw your party on the ship not yesterday, and you were nowhere to be seen."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-20 at 11:15 AM.
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #832

"I joined my lord when he offered his protection on the ground. The men I had been with had died in the initial push, and I was searching for some form of protection. I was able to save the life of Katria when she was assaulted by three renegade astartes, and once we are out of the temple, I will see to my lord's wounds."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-20 at 02:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

"Go ahead and take it, as far as I'm concerned."

"I have no particular attachment to it."
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #834

She stepped towards the pillars, extending the utility mechadendrite to its full length, and tapped the sphere to see whether some security system would engage.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

One does, in fact. An electrical pulse is emitted and attacks Verateka's circuitry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take (1d3)[3] damage, ignoring armor and toughness.

Before you ask, it is a -10 tech-use to disengage the security system.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #836

Spoiler
    Show
    My question is why did it bypass Armour and Toughness. But whatever.

(1d100)[58] v. 75 (using the first Infamy Point of the day)

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

The security system shuts itself down.
    -Me

28. - Top - End - #838

Verateka examined the sphere again. Was it floating in the air, suspended? Or was it connected to the pillars physically?

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

It is floating in the air.
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #840

Looking at the sphere, Verateka searched her internal memory for the technical schemata of this particular device.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) check to see whether repulsor-lift technology could be fitted with an alarm system, like some sort of screamer.

(1d100)[63] v. 105, using the second infamy point of the day. Also, +1 DoS from Unnatural Intelligence. Forgot that was a thing.

6 DoS
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-20 at 11:59 AM.