New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Black Crusade IC

OOC Thread.

You are on board the Word Bearers' Despoiler-class battleship Inevitable Damnation. More specifically, you have been gathered, along with a large group of your fellow heretics of all shapes and sizes, into a vast, open chamber that resembles nothing so much as a dark parody of those of the False Emperor. Stained glass windows depict images of Lorgar, of daemons, of the famous leaders of the Word Bearers Legion, and of the Legion's triumphs, particularly over the loathsome Eccelsiarchy.

You were called here nearly half an hour ago on the pretense of some important announcement, but as of yet the Word Bearers guarding the exits and cracking down on the most extreme violence are the only ones to be seen.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Not so caring of the mishmash of heretics that filled the vast chamber, Katria crouched on a ledge of the edge of the room, half shrouded in shadows. Sharp eyes scanned the room all the time, seeking out those of possible interest, as her fingers drummed on the hilts of her swords with a faint metallic sound.

She didn't know why she was there, but if the Word Bearers remained true to form, it would be vicious, bloody and very dangerous. Her lips curved into a savage smile at the thought.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Curious as to what kind of announcement these Word Bearers would bring, and slightly annoyed about waiting for the same announcement, Setesh probably seemed rather patient to onlookers as he stood there unfazed by the random violence around him. The same could not be said about the weapon on his side, the daemon weapon Vra'tzaen, which Setesh could tell was hoping for some kind of slaughter - which would probably be troublesome heretics in the eyes of the Word Bearers. Why else would they call upon outsiders, and not handle it just themselves, he thought.

Wondering a little what kind of people were gathered in the location, Setesh focused his mind and tried to find anyone with psychic talents or active powers used nearby, a little doubtful there would be any of his interest. But there seemed to be none in his vicinity.

Spoiler
    Show

Psyniscience test: (1d100)[99] vs 45
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-12 at 07:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh's attempt to locate those who follow the way of the psyker in the room proves to be a dismal failure. He can't sense anything in particular. A pair of Astartes stride in front of him, encased in blue, red, and gold armor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Forbidden Lore (Horus Heresy and the Long War) test.

Katria's eyes sweep over the room, seeking objects and people of interest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Perception check.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zasz had been standing still for the last half-hour, comfortable in his armour and happy to wait. There had been little else to do, and he hadn't wanted to do anything that might draw attention to himself. You didn't survive for millennia by faffing about and becoming a firm target! Besides, there was no reason not to be patient. Papa Nurgle was the most patient of them all, and Zasz sought to emulate that.

Activating the auto-senses, he glanced about the hall, searching for familiar faces or any interesting sights.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[5] v 100 for awareness, presuming it's a test involving sight.

Also, (1d100)[26] v. 10, for tech-use to observe anything like hidden gases or radiological signatures. Using an auspex, in other words. I'm not expecting much, though.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

The two Astartes continue walking past Setesh. He thinks hard, but cannot for the life of him seem to remember the name of the warband of the Astartes in front of him.

Zasz looks around, noting that the heretics in the room are mostly human, with Astartes scattered throughout. He can count at least 6 different color schemes, with one band bearing the symbol of Papa Nurgle on their blue-green armor. By his estimation, there are two unaligned warbands, one dedicated to Papa Nurgle, two dedicated to the Blood God, and one dedicated to that awful Tzeentch. Turning his head slightly, Zasz also notices an oddly familiar-looking sorcerer just standing around.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #7

Nurglings danced across the neurons in his brain, but Zasz couldn't place the face from this distance. There was definitely something familiar about the sorcerer in spiked armour, but he couldn't quite recall the name. Unable to rub his chin, the elderly fellow began to make his way through the crowded hall, gently pushing those in his way out as to avoid trampling them. So many delicate followers of Chaos! It would be misery to maim them -- what chance would they have to embrace Papa Nurgle if they simply bled out?

His target was the sorcerer. Perhaps as he closed the distance Zasz would be able to determine who it was -- or have a jolt of memory.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The small, slight figure that appeared at Zasz's side was a leaf, in comparison to the massive Astartes and the terminator armour he wore. Dressed in a simple, brown robe that covered her armour and weapons, and offered her a plain appearance compared to most in the room, Katria walked quietly alongside the chaos marine, her posture appearing somewhat demure and her eyes downcast.

9. - Top - End - #9

"It is good to see you again, little one. Did you have fun on your sight-seeing?" Zasz spoke softly, not turning his head to look towards her. The heads-up display within the terminator helmet provided information on the woman beside him.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria nods meekly, a light, cheery smile on her face. Her voice is quiet, not too much above a whisper and might almost seem timid. "So many fighting, over small scraps. It means I can watch, enjoy, no need to shame my blades for small things."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz and Katria make good time moving towards Setesh, Zasz moving most obstacles to the side before they have time to object. Finally, one man does not so easily move aside.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" snarls an Astartes in the colors of the old World Eaters Legion.
    -Me

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria gave a frightened sounding squeak and stumbled backwards from both marines, seeming to shrink as she buried her hands in her robes and hunched her shoulders, her footsteps moving her out of immediate view of the World Eater, unless his gaze followed her.
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-09-12 at 02:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    "Hey! Watch where you're going!"
    Presuming the individual didn't push the issue, Zasz wouldn't worry and would continue. If the World Eater did insist on not stepping aside, Zasz would sigh and speak these words. "Brother, there is no reason for your anger. I apologize for my actions. Now, if that is all, I request that you move aside slightly so that I might continue on my path."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

The World Eater does not seem to be paying much attention to Katria, and she is able to slip out of his field of vision with relative ease.

"And why should I?" the Astartes growls testily. "Why don't you just move around me?"
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    "And why should I? Why don't you just move around me?"
    "Look there, space has been made. I shall move around you then -- it was merely the path of least resistance." Zasz smiled underneath the helmet and continued on his merry way, moving to go around the World Eater. Presumably he would be stopped?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    "Look there, space has been made. I shall move around you then -- it was merely the path of least resistance." Zasz smiled underneath the helmet and continued on his merry way, moving to go around the World Eater. Presumably he would be stopped?
    "Good." he grunts, with a slight hint of smugness in his voice.

The Word Eater makes no move to stop Zasz, instead going back to what he was doing before, which is fiddling with a data slate.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #17

Continuing by, Zasz the Ancient eventually arrived within a few dozen meters of the Sorcerer. He wasn't, as rule, fond of psykers. They were usually aligned with Tzeentch, who opposed the gifts of Papa Nurgle. But psykers had their uses. They weren't all bad. It was simply their God who was.

He gave the individual another glance-over, trying to place where he had encountered the man in the past. Could it have been some sort of rivalry? Of course not!, Zasz chided himself internally, I don't do such silly things as rivalries. Hmm... but why did the armour seem so familiar?

Stealthy Edit

Zasz's eyes went wide in recognition. "Why, could it be -- Setesh?"
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-12 at 09:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing a familiar sounding tone of voice through the external vox of a terminator armour coming from the side, Setesh turned and faced the voice's originating direction. In front of him stood a large unassuming marine clad in terminator armour, which strangely enough didn't seem at all out of place. It was most peculiar, the sorcerer thought.

"Hm, is that Zasz? Of the Death Guard? I've heard of some of your exploits after the corpse-god's betrayal." he uttered, still perplexed as to why a Death Guard would looks so... normal. So alike when they had first met so long ago. There could be only one way Setesh knew, and that was sorcery. He focused his perception to see the flow of warp around the old acquintance infront of him, but his warp sight failed him at this point in time. But that didn't change the fact that he knew something was wrong with this picture, it must just have been quite some powerful sorcery to be a challenge for him. Or perhaps it was the Lord of Sorcery playing a prank on him.

Spoiler
    Show

Psyniscience test to notice IoN: (1d100)[98] vs 50 (+5 from 1 gift)
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-13 at 06:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria again, hovered at Zasz' side like a waif, her head bowed respectfully, and humbly to the sorceror.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"And I see you have picked up a stray?" he continued upon noticing the little woman dwarfed at the Death Guard's side.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-13 at 07:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

"There is something to be said for the waif, Setesh. This is Katria! I found her on one of the many small, desolate planets around the rim of the Vortex, and much to my surprise, she was surviving on it! Well, it didn't take long for me to acknowledge the craftiness and will one would have to possess to perform such a feat, especially a human -- and the rest, as they say, is history. But what of yourself, sorcerer! Putting spikes on your armour with such wild abandon!"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria raises her head, giving Setesh a bright, almost too wide smile of greeting. Her slender eyes blinked briefly, as she took the Thousand Son in. "Hello. Do your spikes collect blood?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, that does sound like something you'd say I suppose, following the bloated one." he said, trying to refrain from sounding too insulting toward Zasz's patron god, however much he disliked that "Papa Nurgle", with respect to an old companion. "Sometimes humans can be fascinating." he continued, mostly refering to what some individuals' minds might contain as he'd delve through them like an open book. "Concerning the spikes, I felt it would be suiting at one point. Who would expect one of my kin to flaunt about with spikes?" He chuckled a bit, as Zasz already knew of his legion origins and would probably understand the deceptive qualities such things would offer.

"And look at you, nothing at all you'd expect from one of the Death Guard! I never knew you to be one to employ deception nor sorcery." refering to his eerie, way too normal appearance, but not quite knowing if it was the work of Zasz himself or perhaps his patron god. Whatever "it" was, as he couldn't notice any signs of sorcery before.

The question from the little human surprised Setesh a little, in a good way. "Only when someone gets too close to them. But usually it is this sword on my side which collects the blood." he said with a little smile under his helmet, noding towards Vra'tzaen.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-13 at 08:22 AM. Reason: reply to katria

24. - Top - End - #24

"Is that so?" Zasz asked, his voice mirthful but subdued. "Perhaps your eyes have finally been eaten out by the warp, Setesh!" He chuckled before turning to glance at the crowd, seeing if there had been any new developments after his lumber over here. "Have you heard what the purpose of our gathering is, brother?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do hope not! That would be a minor inconvenience, I fear." Setesh said, trying to sound like he'd be afraid of it being so. "Other than observing all these savage scuffles around here, you mean?" Looking around he could see several small skirmishes that guards tried to put an end to. "I am curious about that myself. The Word Bearer who contacted me gave no specifics."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearers simultaneously snap to attention as a voice booms out over the amplifiers in the chapel.

"All direct your attention to the podium. His holiness, Dark Apostle and Bearer of Lorgar's Holy Word, Akaduros comes! All praise!"

Loud footsteps can be heard coming from the small hall behind the podium.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"We might soon find out." Setesh adds with his external vox a little lowered in volume than before.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-13 at 04:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria didn't seem to hear the other two with her, or even the annoucement. She simply stared with wide, almost greedy eyes, at Setesh's sword.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

An enormous Terminator strides forth from the hall and takes his place behind the podium. His armor is painted in the colors of the Word Bearers, and finely polished to a sheen. Thousands of verses from the Book of Lorgar are inscribed on every inch of the armor, which has clearly been lovingly maintained. There isn't a scratch or dent on the whole thing. His helmet's eye lenses glow green, and a pair of tusks jut out from the sides, curling to almost meet directly in front of his face. Their tips are covered in polished silver.

In his right hand, Akaduros holds an elongated crozius. At the tip is a Chaos Star, with a screaming, flaming daemon head of the Word Bearers in the star's center. His left hand hangs at his side, empty.

Akaduros raises his hands for silence, and the noise level immediately drops to zero. You feel almost supernaturally compelled to keep quiet and let him talk.

"My friends," says Akaduros in an unexpectedly affable-sounding way, "As the book of Lorgar says, "The Gods welcome all who are willing into the knowledge of the Truth." And all who are welcomed by the Gods are welcome here. Welcome, my brothers and sisters in Chaos!"

A cheer goes up in response. Again, you feel almost supernaturally compelled to join in.
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #30

Amidst the cheering crowd, trying to remain inconspicuous in the shadows of the great columns, a reminder of just how the sons of Lorgar were merely devotees of another side of the coin, Slathissin lays in the shadows. He pulls his cloak tighter over the great bulk of his power armour, doing his best to remain hidden by reflex.
    All the same the Apostle's words were fiery as all those of his kin were. He smiled to think that once upon a time they were known as Chaplains and idly wondered if this one remembered such a time. No matter. He ran a hand through long, lank grey hair grown out to around his shoulders since his power helmet remained maglocked to his waist so often these days, stretched his biomechanical wings a little with a rush of adrenaline and prepared to know why they had come here.